rail guided transport

Elements area

Taxonomy

Code

Scope note(s)

    Source note(s)

    Display note(s)

      Equivalent terms

      rail guided transport

      • UF Bahnverkehr
      • UF Eisenbahnverkehr
      • UF Schienenverkehr
      • UF Transport guide
      • UF Transports guidés

      Associated terms

      rail guided transport

        241 Archival description results for rail guided transport

        223 results directly related Exclude narrower terms
        Landesarchiv Baden-Württemberg, Abt. Hauptstaatsarchiv Stuttgart, E 75 · Fonds · 1806-1933
        Part of Landesarchiv Baden-Württemberg, Dept. Main State Archives Stuttgart (Archivtektonik)

        History of the Württemberg legation in Munich: From time to time since 1742, Württemberg has maintained an envoy at the Bavarian court in Munich. The legation did not become a permanent institution until 1804, shortly after Württemberg was elevated to electorate. In contrast to most other Württemberg legations, the legation in Munich continued uninterrupted until 1933. Since 1893, the Württemberg envoy in Munich had also been accredited for Karlsruhe and Darmstadt.The Württemberg representatives in Bavaria were in detail:Ferdinand Reinhard von Wallbrunn1742Christoph Konrad Abel1780 - 1790Albrecht Jakob von Bühler1792Ulrich Leberecht von Mandelslohe1792Karl Heinrich Ernst Freiherr von Bothmer1804 - 1807Friedrich August Freiherr Gremp von Freudenstein1807, interimistChristian Friedrich Kölle1807 - 1808Heinrich Karl Friedrich Levin Count of Wintzingerode1808 - 1810Christoph Ermann Baron von Steube zu Schadnitz1810 - 1815Friedrich August Baron Gremp von Freudenstein1815 - 1816Peter Count of Gallatin1816 - 1817Friedrich August Freiherr Gremp von Freudenstein1817 - 1821Moritz Joseph Philipp Freiherr von Schmitz-Grollenburg1821 - 1844Gottfried Jonathan von Hartmann1825, InterimFerdinand Christoph Graf von Degenfeld-Schomburg1844 - 1868Oskar Freiherr von Soden1868 - 1906Friedrich Rudolf Karl Moser von Filseck1906 - 1909Karl Moser von Filseck1906 - 1918The documents of the Württemberg envoys in Munich from the time before 1806 are kept in the holdings A 74 h. The counter tradition of the Württemberg Ministry of Foreign Affairs concerning the Württemberg legation in Munich is in inventory E 50/05. Destruction of files 1867: In March 1867, the Württemberg envoy in Munich, von Degenfeld, was permitted at his request to sell certain files of the legation, for which there was not enough space in the registry, for the purpose of stamping them. He then, on the advice of the Chief Mint Master of Haidt, had them burned in his smelting furnace in the presence of a reliable employee of the legation. a special list of the banished files was not drawn up, as Degenfeld described them in the meticulously kept list of files of the legation. Among the documents destroyed were: Political Reports1844 - 1853 Federal Affairs1821 - 1856, 1854 - 1866 Railway, Post and Telegraph1836 - 1856 Customs Union1831 - 1861 Coinage and Paper Money1837 - 1853 Gesandtschaftliches Personal1804 - 1856 Württembergische und bayerische königliche Höfe1850 - 1863 Switzerland1834 - 1853 (political reports1844 - 1853 Federal Affairs1821 - 1856, 1854 - 1866 Railway, Post and Telegraph1836 - 1856 customs union1831 - 1861 coins and paper money1837 - 1853 Gesandtschaftliches Personal1804 - 1856Württembergische und bayerische königliche Höfe1850 - 1863 Switzerland1834 - 1853 (political reports1844 - 1853).), 1833 - 1851 (Handel)Privatangelegenheiten1832 - 1860 Further history of the collection, report by the editor: Since about 1870, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs has repeatedly submitted documents that were no longer needed to the Württemberg House and State Archives. After the end of the Monarchiv and the dissolution of this ministry in 1920, the remaining legations and consulates of Württemberg were subordinated to the State Ministry. In the summer of 1950, Dr. Max Straub separated the ministerial and legation files for the Munich legation and rearranged the provenance holdings of the legation. The collection was packaged in 1966, and Max Straub's comparatively legible handwritten repertory is still in use. However, in connection with the development project on the holdings of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the intended complete creation of online finding aids of this series, the present holdings were retro-converted, which was carried out by Silvia Ebinger in 2005. A slight revision of the title recordings was made by Dr. Albrecht Ernst.Stuttgart, in April 2007Johannes Renz

        Landesarchiv Baden-Württemberg, Abt. Hauptstaatsarchiv Stuttgart, E 70 f · Fonds · 1806-1871, 1893-1933
        Part of Landesarchiv Baden-Württemberg, Dept. Main State Archives Stuttgart (Archivtektonik)

        Preliminary remark: The legation of Württemberg at the Baden court, which existed before 1806, was retained after Württemberg was elevated to a kingdom and was occupied until 1848 by an envoy residing in Karlsruhe. During the revolutionary period, Württemberg was represented only temporarily by an official observer in Karlsruhe, since the resumption of relations in 1851 by a chargé d'affaires, until after the establishment of the German Reich in 1871 the legation was lifted. It was rebuilt in 1893 mainly for reasons of courtly representation. Until its final abolition on April 1, 1933, the Württemberg envoy at the Bavarian court, who was also accredited in Darmstadt, was also an envoy in Karlsruhe with headquarters in Munich. The representatives of Württemberg were in Baden:Carl August Ludwig Graf von Taube, Chief Postal Director, Privy Legation Council, Chamberlain, Extraordinary Plenipotentiary Minister (appointed 1806)Heinrich Levin Graf von Wintzingerode, District Governor of Öhringen, Chamberlain, Extraordinary Plenipotentiary Minister (1807)von Wimpfen, Major General, Chamberlain, Extraordinary Plenipotentiary Minister (1811)von Harmensen, Privy Council, Chamberlain, Extraordinary Plenipotentiary Minister (1812)Peter Graf von Gallatin, Privy Legation Council, Chamberlain, Extraordinary Minister and Plenipotentiary Minister (1812)Friedrich August Freiherr Gremp von Freudenstein, State Council, Extraordinary Minister and Plenipotentiary Minister (1817)Graf von Mülinen, Privy Legation Council, Chamberlain, Extraordinary Minister and Plenipotentiary Minister (1818)Graf von Bismarck, Lieutenant General, Extraordinary Minister and Plenipotentiary (1820) August Freiherr von Wächter, Privy Legation Council, Chargé d'Affaires (1847)Freiherr von Thumb-Neuburg, Legation Council, Chamberlain, Carrier (1851)Oskar Freiherr von Soden, Legation Council, Chamberlain, Carrier (1866)von Baur-Breitenfeld, Legation Council, Chamberlain, Carrier (1868)Oskar Freiherr von Soden, Privy Council, Chamberlain, Extraordinary Minister and Plenipotentiary Minister (1893)Karl Moser von Filseck, Privy Legation Council, Chamberlain, Extraordinary Minister and Plenipotentiary Minister (1906)Until 1871, the Minister represented Württemberg in all matters arising in relation to Baden, only for special reasons were negotiations in Karlsruhe not conducted by the Minister, but by special representatives. The volume of work was relatively high and varied in the initial period up to about 1820 - this becomes clear, for example, in the territorial negotiations at that time or in the large number of uses in private affairs - and then fell noticeably, so that envoys von Bismarck could be called upon several times for special missions to northern German courts. After 1850 the mutual consultations between the Württemberg and Baden governments on issues of major European and German policy as well as the internal problems of both countries intensified. In addition, the increased administrative intensity and urgent questions of economic legislation were now also reflected in the business volume of the legation. After the reestablishment in 1893, the envoy was given almost exclusively formal tasks and those of representation. As a rule, he spent a few days in Karlsruhe once or twice a year, usually on the occasion of the court ball or another court event. Negotiations between Württemberg and Baden authorities were usually conducted directly, no longer via the envoy, so that his correspondence - about 100 diary numbers per year - was largely limited to the transmission of congratulations, inquiries and official correspondence and occasional indirect reporting. With the end of the monarchy, these tasks were almost completely eliminated. However, the legation was formally retained and from 1926 on again entrusted with smaller commissions, such as reporting in Baden newspapers. The tradition is not homogeneous. In the first years individual case files predominate, from about 1815/1820 - as with other Württemberg legations - a purely formal classification principle, such as "concepts and reports" or "rescripts and notes" and correspondence files. Mainly new business areas were filed after 1850 by subject, such as "railway files". But it did not come to a continuous registry management, since the new fascicles were put on as required and, provided with a sequential Arabic number, were attached to the already existing files at the end. In this way, the registry consisted of 72 in 1848, 104 in 1866 and dates back to 1818. From 1893 - 1933 the entire written material was filed only according to the chronological order. The content of the written material is also very unequal. Some envoys took part of the processes, so their instruction, to their private files. A number of events only appear in the diary, as they were passed on in original form without additional documents being gathered in the legation. After 1893, for parallel enquiries to Bavaria, Baden and Hesse, often only one joint draft was produced and filed with the Bavarian registry. Some things seem to have been lost or destroyed, for example when the passport register only covers the period from 1811 to 1816. as far as can still be seen, the present collection was archived in four deliveries together with documents of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and other legations and was added to the collection of "Legation Files" (E 70 and E 73). The documents summarised in inventory E 70 Verzeichnis (Ablieferung) 32 covered the period up to 1817, those of inventory E 70 Verzeichnis 33a the period from 1818 - 1871 and arrived after 1872. The material grown up in Munich was delivered until the year 1910 around 1920, the rest was probably incorporated immediately after the abolition of the legation in 1933 and the stock E 73 Verzeichnis 61. The reorganization could orient itself only little at the given condition. The archival records that had grown up at the legation were separated from the rest of the association and the provenance holdings "Württembergische Gesandtschaft in Baden" were newly formed. The originally planned division into two main parts, "I. 1806 - 1871" and "II. 1893 - 1933", was cancelled when the finding aid book was drawn up and all title entries were subordinated to the classification scheme prescribed by the distortion of other legations. Among them are the reports to the King or the Minister of Foreign Affairs and the general, not thematically limited correspondences with him, among others the first main group. The other files were separated according to their different subjects without regard to the previous state of order, and each of them was re-compiled into the other main groups. The breakdown of these was based on the total business volume. It was not advisable to align the plans with those of other legations, such as Berlin or Munich, which had been preserved. Certain inequalities in the distortion have remained in so far as some subjects, such as "German Question" etc., have been left out, Despite their complexity, a further subdivision was not permitted, whereas on the other hand after 1893 only individual cases still occur or until 1850 almost all affairs of private persons were classified under "Uses", but afterwards also under the subject headings such as "Reporting", "Justice - Individual Cases" and others.In the present finding aid book the indication of the registry signatures, i.e. the tuft counting with Arabic numerals, was omitted for the documents up to 1871, since they could be determined only partly without difficulties and references to these numbers are found only imperfectly in the last diaries before 1871. The previously valid archive signatures E 70 Verzeichnis 32 Faszikel 1-9 and E 70 Verzeichnis 33a Faszikel 1-33 were, however, noted in the title entries. Various old tuft numbers had to be applied when a new tuft was composed entirely or partially of old tufts. For the files from 1893 - 1933 the indication of the old archive signature could be omitted, since with the previous purely chronological storage - apart from isolated fact file beginnings - the written material from 1893 - 1899 was united in E 73 directory 61 fascicles 18 d, from 1900 - 1905 in 18 e, from 1906 - 1913 in 18 b and from 1914 - 1933 in 18 c.As diverse as the content of the title recordings may be, there are clear limits to their scientific evaluation: the continuous reporting to the king up to 1847 forms a closed whole, the other correspondence only covers partial aspects. The same often applies to the fact files, especially if minutes, excerpts or replies to enquiries were forwarded in original form. Parallel transmission is therefore of greater importance. On the Württemberg side, the holdings of the superior Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the State Ministry are to be mentioned primarily in the Main State Archives, on the Baden side in the General State Archives Karlsruhe the departments 47 - 49 Haus- und Staatsarchiv - II. The inventory was recorded and arranged by the signatory 1974 - 1976 with the temporary cooperation of the aspiring inspectors Bader, Gutenkunst and Kramer and comprises 724 tufts in 6.1 m. Stuttgart 1976gez. G. CordesThe completion of the present finding aid book took place with the help of the data processing on the basis of the program package MIDOSA of the national archive administration Baden-Wuerttemberg in the time from May to August 1987. For the various technical assistance is to be thanked the national archive management. The title recordings present on index cards were entered without substantial changes over screen into the system. At the same time as the inclusion of the title, the index terms were recorded, with a view to a later general index, broken down into a geographical index, a person index and a subject index. The MIDETIT method separates the indices on the basis of corresponding control characters. A concordance was not created for the following reasons: The dissolution of the old serial files and the subsequent creation of material files resulted in the fact that the archives of a former bundle are today located at up to 121 different sites. This basically calls into question the practicability of a concordance that could only have been achieved with unjustifiable effort. The relations, reports and rescripts found in Büschel 34 during the indexing of the holdings of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, E 36-38, Verz. 2, were subsequently added to the holdings, and the title entries were included in the present find book. These title entries with the respective serial number and the suffix a are included in the index.Stuttgart, December 1987Kurt Hochstuhl

        Landesarchiv Baden-Württemberg, Abt. Hauptstaatsarchiv Stuttgart, E 130 a Bü 1150 · File · Oktober - Dezember 1915
        Part of Landesarchiv Baden-Württemberg, Dept. Main State Archives Stuttgart (Archivtektonik)

        Darin: Denkschrift über die Bedeutung Belgiens für den Württ. Eisenbahnnahverkehr, 42 p. together with 2 Anl. Qu. 1989; Applications of Württemberg for a draft notice concerning the restriction of working time in spinning mills, weaving mills, warp knitting mills, etc. Qu. 2040; "Some things about Belgium and Antwerp", presentation by shipping director Jakob Hecht, Antwerp, 11 p., together with a list of the maritime traffic relations with the port of Antwerp (19 p.) Qu. 2193a, 2193b; "Die Diktatur des Bundesrates" by Oberverwaltungsgerichtsrat Schiffer, Berlin, excerpt from the Deutsche Juristenzeitung, 1915, No. 23/24, p. 1158 - 1163 Qu. 2415a; "Die Rheinschiffahrt und ihre Zukunft" by Wasserbaudirektor J.F. Bubendey, Geh. Baurat, Prof., Hamburg, 1915, brosch. 34 S. Qu. 2193c; "Der Krieg in den deutschen Schutzgebieten", published by the Reichskolonialamt, Sechste Mitteilung, geh. 27 S. Qu. 2326; Conscription of civil servants for military service Qu. 2508

        ALMW_II._BA_A9_52(2) · Item · 1900-1914
        Part of Evangelical Lutheran Mission Leipzig

        Phototype: Photo. Format: 8,7 X 6,0 Description: Station (name not readable). Reference: Cf. print templates sample book, No Vg/110, Neg. A42, Auf. 454, Nr 80, Diap. a.III 10.57 (17,0 X 12,1) "The Meruberg seen from Kilimandjaro (Shira)".

        Leipziger Missionswerk
        Stadtarchiv Mainz, VOA 6 · Fonds · 1820 - 1934
        Part of City Archive Mainz (Archivtektonik)

        After Bischofsheim's incorporation, the almost 9 m files of the VOA 6 holdings were transferred to the Mainz municipal archives in the course of two deliveries. On 01.12.1934, 161 "Rechnungs-Archivalien" (Invoice Archives), mostly from the second half of the 19th century, were handed over by the local administration of Mainz-Bischofsheim (Zug.: 1934/96). At the beginning of 1939 she had 60 parcels of "finished files" ready for stamping. The then director of the city archive, Dr. Dertsch, singled out 40 packages with files mainly from the second and third decades of the 20th century as not worthy of archiving. They concerned social welfare, food supply during and after the First World War, "general course of business", state and Reichstag elections as well as forest and municipal affairs. On 03.03.1939 20 packages (without access number) were taken over. These included eight packages of "various old files from 1820-1920", four packages each of militaria and "school affairs until 1930", two packages of mayoral and municipal elections between 1850 and 1914, and one package each of agriculture (1870-1900) and construction ("older files"). With the two entrances, the documents of the Bischofsheim municipal administration that had been handed down and intended for permanent storage did not reach the Mainz municipal archives in their entirety. A part remained in the place, so that the Bischofsheimer tradition is today divided. In Bischofsheim, mainly files and official books from the early modern period and the first half of the 19th century are kept. This is a collection which was listed in its core as early as 1914 in the inventories of the municipal archives of the district Groß-Gerau (cf. Becker, Wilhelm Martin (ed.): Invententare der Gemeindearchive des Kreises Groß-Gerau, Darmstadt 1914 (Invententare der nichtstaatlichen Archive im Großherzogtum Hessen, vol. 3: Invententar der hessischen Gemeinde-Archive, H.1), pp. 7f. The Bischofsheimer directory was compiled by the teacher Bechtolsheimer and supplemented by the Kreisurkundenpfleger). After the Second World War, the holdings were obviously supplemented with more recent materials (cf. Inventory Catalogue of the Municipal Archive of the Municipality of Bischofsheim). In: Bischofsheimer Geschichtsblätter, H.40, September 1967, p.212-219). Although the 701 volumes (without duplicates of invoices) kept in the Mainz City Archives run from 1733 to 1937, they focus on the second half of the 19th century and the first three decades of the 20th century. Thematically, the areas "Church Affairs" and "Education" stand out. Reference should also be made to the files on voluntary jurisdiction, the French occupation after the First World War and the construction industry. When it was taken over by the town archives, the files were roughly arranged according to the 1908 registration plan for the grand ducal mayor's offices. When examining the archives, however, it became apparent that, on the one hand, the titles of the files given by the registration plan often did not describe their contents sufficiently and, on the other hand, that there was often no organic and, in many cases, no factual connection between the individual documents of a file volume. This made the distortion work more difficult. In order to ensure sufficient indexing, new file units had to be formed in part - disregarding archival principles. For the same reason, the titles were formulated in as much detail as possible and often supplemented with notes ("Contains", "Contains, etc.", "Contains, etc."). Reference was made to foreign documents as well as to newspapers and printed matter, photographs and plans (except for construction files) with "Darin auch". Only a few documents were collected, above all incomplete forms and questionnaires for statistical surveys, which were available in several copies, as well as advertising material from companies outside the Sprengels of the Mainz City Archive. A comparison between the delivery notes or lists from 1934 and 1939 on the one hand and the found stock on the other hand suggests that a small amount of material was destroyed between the time of the takeover and the distortion. It must remain unclear whether this was due to an archival decision or to the effects of war. In the final classification, the complete adoption of the 1908 registry plan did not seem to make much sense, as numerous departments would have been occupied with little or no occupancy at all. For this reason, a new scheme was developed on the basis of the registry plan and on the basis of the classifications found in other suburban archives of the Mainz Municipal Archives, which seeks to take account of the actual files found. Due to a personnel change, two editors were involved in the creation of the finding aid book, whose different "manuscripts" could not be completely suppressed during the final editing. It began with the drawing in spring/summer 1988 by Mrs. Andrea Eckel, was completed in winter 1990/91 by the undersigned, Mr. Heiner Stauder, who also carried out the classification and wrote the preface. The search book was entered into the database "Archibal" in November 1999 by Mrs. Gerda Kessler in cooperation with Mrs. Ramona Göbel (Chief Inspector of the Archives). Local history of Bischofsheim: The beginnings of today's Bischofsheim date back to the time of the Frankish occupation of the land. Both archaeological finds and the ending of the place name on "-heim" speak for this. However, the prefixed place of destination is not a personal name, as is usually the case, but an ecclesiastical official designation. Staab concludes that the bishop of Mainz was the founder of the Franconian settlement. He probably also owned the local church, which was probably dedicated to Saint Martin. It probably passed into the possession of the Sankt Viktor monastery near Weisenau around 1000, which was the most important landlord of the Mainz monasteries and monasteries wealthy in Bischofsheim alongside the cathedral monastery. It also received a large tithe in most of the district and had the right of patronage, which it retained even after the introduction of the Reformation in Bischofsheim during the 16th century. In the second half of the 13th century, members of various branches of the Reichsministerialengeschlechts von Bolanden could be seized as holders of sovereign rights. At the beginning of the 14th century the Hohenfels line had apparently prevailed, but in 1331 members of this house sold the village of Bischofsheim with court, people and all accessories for 400 pounds of heller to Count Rudolf von Wertheim and Gottfried von Eppstein. The aristocracy of Wertheim soon seems to have passed into the hands of the arch monastery of Mainz, which pledged it to Henne von Erlebach in 1417: von Weilbach. One of his descendants, Adam von Erlebach, and his wife Margarethe came in the same way into possession of the Eppsteiner share, which the pledgee lord sold to Count Philipp von Katzenelnbogen in 1478. After his death in the following year the Landgraves of Hesse inherit him, whose Darmstadt line succeeded in putting themselves into the complete possession of Bischofsheim. In 1577, after lengthy negotiations, the lords of Hattstein sold their rights to Landgrave George I to succeed von Erlebach, and two years later the archbishopric of Mainz did the same. Thus Bischofsheim has belonged to Hesse (-Darmstadt) since 1579. The change of rule in 1577/79 and the Reformation, which was presumably already in place before that, left the possessions and rights of the Mainz monasteries and monasteries untouched. Not until 1802/03 did their estates fall to the Hessian state in the course of secularisation. This transition was one of the many innovations that took place during the 19th century. In the wake of the constitution issued by the Grand Duchy of Hesse in 1820, the judiciary and administration were separated, which necessitated a reorganization of the state. Bischofsheim, which had previously belonged to the Rüsselsheim office, was assigned to the Dornberg district in the province of Starkenburg or to the Groß-Gerau district court. While the division of the judiciary remained largely the same over the next 110 years - only in 1879 did the district court of Groß-Gerau become the district court with the introduction of the German Court Constitution Act of 3 September 1878 - the territorial division of the administration was subject to several changes. In 1832 Bischofsheim was added to the district Groß-Gerau, after the dissolution of the districts in the course of the revolution of 1848 to the administrative district Darmstadt. When the districts were restituted in the course of the reaction in 1852, Bischofsheim returned to the Groß-Gerau district, where it remained until it was incorporated into Mainz in 1930. With the constitution of 1820, the traditional municipal constitution was also no longer compatible, which is why a new municipal order was issued in 1821. In Bischofsheim it also replaced the mayor's office with the mayor, who together with the deputy and the local council formed the local executive committee. However, in Bischofsheim the term "Schultheiß" seems to have been in use for some time. A further innovation in the first half of the 19th century meant the abolition of the traditional agricultural constitution: the rule of the land and the rule of the tenth disappeared with the transfer of the land charges, which had largely been carried out in Bischofsheim until 1842. At this time the Bischofsheimer still lived predominantly from agriculture. Their village had not yet expanded beyond the local embankment, which had been built to protect the inhabitants of the Mainufergemeinde from the often threatening floods. A profound socio-economic and demographic change began with industrialization in the second half of the 19th century. Numerous employees of the companies being established in the neighbouring communities, namely MAN in Gustavsburg and Opel in Rüsselsheim, came from or moved to Bischofsheim. However, the most important employer for the Bischofsheimers was the railway, which had a decisive influence on the history of the town. After the Mainz-Darmstadt line had been opened in 1858 and the Mainz-Frankfurt line in 1863, the Bischofsheim railway station was expanded at the turn of the century to become the largest marshalling yard in southern Germany and Mainz's relief freight yard. This contributed significantly to the growth of the settlement and population. The influx of railway employees and factory workers also created a Catholic community, after Bischofsheim - apart from some Jews - had been purely Protestant. The changes in the course of industrialization naturally also affected the activities of the municipal administration. Reference is made here to the construction of schools and local roads, which is reflected in the files at hand. These also provide information about the consequences of the French occupation of the Rhineland after the First World War and the passive resistance. Since this was exercised in particular also by numerous railwaymen, it came in Bischofsheim to numerous expulsions by the occupation authorities. At the end of the 1920s, the local government planned to lay gas and water pipelines. These two projects brought the community into severe financial distress in the context of the global economic crisis. In this situation, the idea of incorporation into Mainz was awakened for the first time, which was finally realised after hard disputes between the population and the local council. On 01.01.1930 Bischofsheim was incorporated into the city of Mainz together with neighbouring Ginsheim-Gustavsburg, Bretzenheim and Weisenau, which hoped to benefit from an expansion of its area. In 1930 their area doubled from 4096 ha to 8195 ha, of which 930 ha were in the Bischofsheim district. After the incorporation, Fischer, who had been mayor since then, initially acted as head of the village until, after the National Socialist seizure of power, he was replaced by the party member Fritz Eitel, who also headed the Ginsheim-Gustavsburg district. During his term of office the discrimination of the Jewish population began, which reached its first climax in the pogrom night of 9/10.11.1938. At that time the synagogue in Bischofsheim was damaged. The remaining Jewish inhabitants in Bischofsheim were victims of the Holocaust during the war. Victims were also claimed by the Allied bombing raids, which targeted the railway station, but often also affected the settlement. After the war, the Rhine became the border between two occupation zones or federal states. As a result, the connection between Mainz and Bischofsheim was dissolved, and Bischofsheim declared itself an independent parish again in the district of Groß-Gerau. Mayor and local leader of Bischofsheim (1853-1945), (Source: Mangold, p. 114 and Bischofsheimer Geschichtsblätter 14, 1965 (special issue). A listing of the mayors before 1853 was omitted, since the archives showed deviations from the terms of office, which were mentioned in the gen. Literature can be called. For checking and, if necessary, correction, archival records must also be consulted which are kept in the municipal archives in Bischofsheim. In particular the invoices are to be consulted.) 1853-1862: Johannes Schneider, mayor; 1862-1865: Michael Dammel, mayor; 1865-1909: Philipp Jakob Wiesenecker, mayor; 1910-1920: Heinrich Hünerkopf, mayor; 1921-1933: Georg Fischer, mayor, from 1930 local head; 1933-1939: Friedrich Eitel, local head; 1939-1945: Georg Fischer, local head of population development Bischofsheim Quellen, unless otherwise stated: Mangold, p. 73. 1792: Total: 400; 1829: Total: 668; 1861: Total: 1078; 1865 (statistical overview in volume 621): Total: 1169, of which Protestant: 1093, Catholic: 6, Jews: 70, Houses: 146; 1873: Total: 1404, (according to the German Federal Statistics Office): 1,964, (according to the German Federal Statistics Office): 1,971. Hartwig-Thürmer, p. 11ff.): of which cath.: 50, Jews: 60; 1895: Total: 2264; 1900: Total: 2961; 1910: Total: 4456, of which ev.: 3686, cath.: 717, Jews: 46; 1930: (according to "Groß-Mainz", p. 5:) Total: 5438, of which Protestant: 4358, Catholic: 982, Jews: 31, Houses: 690; 1939: Total: 6407 (Hartwig-Thürmer, p. 11ff.); 1948: Total: 7412 (Hartwig-Thürmer, p. 11ff.) Bischofsheimer Geschichtsblätter 1950 ff. (= publication organ of the Heimat- und Geschichtsverein Bischofsheim); "Groß-Mainz". Special edition of the Mainzer Anzeiger on 1 January 1930. Supplement to edition no. 303 of 31.12.1929; Hansel, Klaus: Das Stift St. Victor vor Mainz. Phil.Diss. Mainz. Gernsheim 1952; Hartwig-Thürmer, Christine: Ginsheim-Gustavsburg, Bischofsheim. The Mainspitze under the swastika. Frankfurt/M. o.J.; This: "Here it was already bad ...". In: When the last hopes burned. 9/10 November 1938. Mainz Jews between integration and annihilation. Mainz 1988 (Mainz Edition, Vol. 5), pp. 115-125; Leiwig, Heinz/ Neliba, Dieter H.: The tip of the Main in the crosshairs of the Royal Air Force and the 8th USAAF - Bischofsheim 1939-1945 -. Ginsheim-Gustavsburg 1985; Mangold, Georg: Bischofsheim. A historical homeland book. Mainz 1929 (Starkenburg in its past, vol. 5). Müller, Wilhelm (editor): Hessian place name book vol.1: Starkenburg. Darmstadt 1937; Ruppel, Hans-Georg/ Müller, Karin (Bearb.): Historical place index for the area of the former Grand Duchy and People's State of Hesse. Darmstadt 1976 (Darmstädter Archivschriften, vol. 2); Staab, Franz: Studies on the Society on the Middle Rhine during the Carolingian period. Wiesbaden 1975 (Historical regional studies, vol. 11).

        Landesarchiv Baden-Württemberg, Abt. Staatsarchiv Ludwigsburg, PL 5 · Fonds · 1828-1980 (Vorakten ab 1819)
        Part of State Archives Baden-Württemberg, Dept. State Archives Ludwigsburg (Archivtektonik)

        The history of the Franck company ranges from the foundation of the chicory factory in Vaihingen in 1828 to the transition to Nestlé Deutschland AG, Frankfurt in 1987. A description of the company history was omitted in favour of a chronicle in tabular form. The files recorded in this finding aid book originate from a file delivery from 1978, which took place on the occasion of the firmation with Nestlé Gruppe Deutschland GmbH, Frankfurt (since 1987 Nestlé Gruppe Deutschland AG) and the transfer of the management of Unifranck Lebensmittelwerke GmbH to Munich. The printed company chronicles were taken from the previously unrecorded library records in the Ludwigsburg State Archives, which were also handed over in 1978, to complete the unprinted company chronicles of inventory PL 5. The structure of the records was based on the organisational plan of the Heinrich Franck Sons Central Administration of 1919 (PL 5 Bü. 145) and the existing old signatures. The registry order to be derived from the organizational plan and the old signatures, which was arranged according to the type of products manufactured, the central connection to Ludwigsburg or Berlin and the location of the branch, was reduced to the location and departmental responsibility according to the organizational plan of 1919 due to the incomplete nature of the archive records (some registry signatures were missing completely) and easier access. The products manufactured were not taken into account as distinguishing features. Little can be said about the history of the company archive. The central offices in Ludwigsburg and Berlin had the main significance. In 1935 the trademarks were transferred "for security reasons" from the registries in Ludwigsburg and Linz to Berlin (StAL PL 5 Bü. 145). From 1943 to 1947, a large-scale transfer of files and advertising material to Ludwigsburg took place (StAL PL 5 Bü. 1). To what extent and according to which criteria cassations were carried out until the files were delivered to the Ludwigsburg State Archives in 1978/1981 must remain open. The fact that they took place can be concluded from the incomplete registry signatures. Dr. Ruth Kappel was responsible for organising and indexing the finds as part of her practical training as a business archivist from October to December 1991. Dr. Günter Cordes took over the indexing and completion of the finding aid in 1992. The inventory was packaged by Bruno Wagner. The data acquisition was done by Hildegard Aufderklamm.Ludwigsburg, January 1992Ruth Kappel Company chronicle: 1827First attempts at chicory coffee production by Johann Franck, owner of a confectionery and speciality shop in Vaihingen/Enz1828Establishment of the chicory factory in Vaihingen/Enz by Johann Heinrich FranckEstablishment of chain stores for the production of intermediate products:- 1832 Darre in Steinbach (today Wernau, district of Esslingen)- 1844 Darre in Großgartach (today Leingarten, district of Heilbronn)- 1851 Darre with roasting plant and mill in the Rieter valley near Enzweihingen (today Vaihingen, district of Ludwigsburg)- 1855 Darre in Meimsheim (today Brackenheim, district of Heilbronn)Later foundations with freight railway connection:- 1855 Darre in Bretten (Baden)- 1880 Darre in Eppingen (Baden)- 1880 Darre in Marbach/Neckar1867 Death of company founder Johann Heinrich Franck1868 Relocation from Vaihingen to Ludwigsburg (direct railway connection)1871 Firmation to Heinrich Franck Söhne OHG, LudwigsburgFoundation of branches:- 1879 Linz/Donau- 1883 Komotau (today CR)- 1883 Milan 1883 Basel- 1887 Bucharest H. F. S. OHG, since 1924 AG- 1888 Kaschau (today CR)- 1892 Agram (today Zagreb)- 1895 Flushing (near New York)- 1896 Pardubitz (today CR)- 1909 Nagykanizsa (Hungary)- 1910 Skawina near Krakow (today Poland)- 1911 Mosonszentjanos (Hungary)Acquisition of the factories and market shares of competing German coffee producers until 1928:- 1883 Daniel Voelcker in Lahr/Baden (founded in 1883) 1806)- 1897 Gebrüder Wickert in Durlach- 1899 Ch. Kuntze und Söhne GmbH in Halle a.d. Saale- 1899 Krause und Co. in Nordhausen/Harz- 1900 C. Trampler in Lahr/Baden (founded in 1793)- 1908 Emil Seelig AG in Heilbronn- 1910 Bethge and Jordan in Magdeburg- 1911 F.F. Resag AG in Köpenick- 1911/12 Spartana-Nährsalz GmbH in Dresden- 1914 G.G. Weiss in Stettin (founded in 1793) 1866)- 1916 Pfeiffer and Diller in Horchheim- 1916 August Schmidt in Hamburg- 1917 Hillmann and Kischner in Breslau- 1917 Richard Porath GmbH in Pyritz- 1920 A.F.W. Röpe (descendant) in Hamburg- 1926 J.G. Hauswaldt in Magdeburg- 1928 Georg Josef Scheuer in Fürth (founded in 1928) 1812)1911 Participation of Heinrich Franck Söhne OHG and Kathreiner-Malzkaffee-Fabriken, Munich, in Resag AG Berlin-Köpenick1913 Founding of Kornfranck GmbH in NeussAffiliation of Heinrich Franck Söhne to Internationale Nahrungs- und Genußmittel AG (INGA) in Schaffhausen1914 Establishment of the northern sales management in BerlinTransfer of the registered office of the newly founded Heinrich Franck Söhne GmbH from Halle to BerlinConversion of Heinrich Franck Söhne OHG Ludwigsburg into a GmbH 1918 At the end of the first quarter of 1918, Heinrich Franck Söhne OHG Ludwigsburg was converted into a GmbH 1918. World War IIIn the successor states of the Danube Monarchy, independent Franck companies are formed in the form of national stock corporations. foundation of the Central European Agricultural and Operating Company in Berlin, Großwerther since 1928, for improved raw material supply. 1920 foundation of the FUNDUS Handelsgesellschaft mbH in Linz with significant participation of Heinrich Franck and sons. In 1922, Heinrich Franck Söhne firms in Germany join Allgemeine Nahrungsmittel GmbH (ANGES) in Berlin (after 1930 renamed ZIMA Verwaltungs-GmbH, Berlin). ANGES' task: Coordination of procurement, technology, sales and finances1928 Centenary celebrations in Ludwigsburg and Halle1933 After the seizure of power, the international interdependence of the economy is increasingly restricted.1939 Outbreak of the Second World WarIncreasing shortage of raw materials leads to rapprochement between Heinrich Franck and sons as well as the competing company Kathreiner.1943 Beginning outsourcing of the Berlin administration to Ludwigsburg1944 Merger of Franck and Kathreiner to form Franck und Kathreiner GmbH, Vienna1945 After the end of the war, reconstruction began in the western zones in:- Karlsruhe (founded by Kathreiner)- Ludwigsburg (founded by Franck) - Neuss (founded by Franck)- Regensburg (founded by Kathreiner)- Uerdingen (founded by Kathreiner)Headquarters of the company management becomes Ludwigsburg.1964 The Austrian plants in Linz and Vienna become independent.1964 The Austrian plants in Linz and Vienna become independent. By entering the delicatessen ("Thomy's") business, the company name was changed to Unifranck Lebensmittelwerke GmbH1965 Franck is now the leading supplier of over 70
        n of the INGA.1970 Transformation of INGA into Interfranck Holding AG, Zurich1971 Merger of Interfranck-Holding AG with Ursina AG to form Ursina-Franck AG, Bern1973 Takeover of the corporate assets of Ursina-Franck AG by Nestlé Alimentana AG, Vevey (Switzerland)1976 formation of Allgäuer Alpenmilch-Unifranck-Vertriebsgesellschaft mbH (Allfa), Munich1978 Allgäuer Alpenmilch AG takes over the majority of Unifranck's share capital, Munich1978 relocation of Unifranck's head office to Munich and merger with Allgäuer Alpenmilch AG. In Ludwigsburg, the only factory that can still continue the tradition of the company's founding as a producer of coffee products remained to this day. In 1987, Nestlé Maggi GmbH and Allgäuer Alpenmilch AG merged to form Nestlé Deutschland AG. Unifranck Lebensmittelwerke GmbH became a minority shareholder of Nestle Deutschland AG, Frankfurt. The group comprises 23 factories in Germany. Organisation of the Heinrich Franck Söhne headquarters from 1919 onwards: 010 Management - Regional Committees and Advisory Boards014 Executive Person020 Central Department for Organisation024 Organisation, Central Office030 Central Department for General Administration:031 Business Accounting032 Money and Financial Accounting034 Delivery Accounting036 Legal Department037 Tax Department040 Central Department for Commercial Factory Management:041 Good Purchasing045 Permanent Witness Purchasing047 Warehouse Witness Purchasing049 Goods Directorate050 Central Department for Technical Factory Management:051 Processing of goods and production054 Printing office055 Central technical office060 Central sales department:061 Central sales office070 Central social administration department:071 Employees075 Social security and financial services employees076 General workers080 Central control department:081 Farm accounting082 Calculation of costs088 Variety statistics089 Freight and tariff officePost office of the central branches Literature: 100 years Franck 1828-1928, Ludwigsburg/Berlin, 1928.Wolfgang Schneider: The Unifranck Advertising Media Archive in Ludwigsburg, in: Ludwigsburger Geschichtsblätter, 31/1979, pp. 79-83 The capital of Cichoria, Ludwigsburg and the coffee media company Franck, catalogue for the exhibition of the Ludwigsburg Municipal Museum, 1 Dec. 1989 to 1 Dec. 1990, Ludwigsburg 1979.

        Train station in Neu-Moshi
        ALMW_II._BA_A7_8(414) · Item · 1910-1914
        Part of Evangelical Lutheran Mission Leipzig

        Phototype: Photo. Format: 9,8 X 6,3. Description: free (cleared?) place with tent and some buildings, in front in the tree bee tube. Reference: Cf. print templates sample book, no. IXf/101 (11.6 X 15.7).

        Leipziger Missionswerk
        Landesarchiv Sachsen-Anhalt, Z 109, Nr. 1541 (Benutzungsort: Dessau) · File · 1899 - 1900
        Part of State Archive Saxony-Anhalt (Archivtektonik)

        Contains among other things: Newly founded industrial companies in the SU - Overview of metallurgical areas, coal mines and clay industry enterprises in Ekaterinoslaw-Donez`schen´Steinkohlen and ore basins - Export and trade reports - Expansion of the railway network in Japan - Overview of German capital investments in overseas countries. Contains: Establishment of new industrial companies in Russia p. 5/12, p. 93/105 - Documents pp. of the Central Office for Preparation of Commercial Agreements p. 13, p. 20, p. 240/242 - Insolvent companies "Rosenstein

        Landesarchiv Sachsen-Anhalt, Z 109, Nr. 1539 (Benutzungsort: Dessau) · File · 1897 - 1898
        Part of State Archive Saxony-Anhalt (Archivtektonik)

        Contains among other things: Trade reports - Compilation of the most common goods in trade with German East Africa - Report on trade and industrial relations in the southern Russian cities. Contains: Import of French colonial sugar into Holland p. 5 - Proposals on transport companies in the Near East p. 8 - Warning of the company "Societa Generale di Commissione Esportazione ed Importazione" in Napoli (=Naples) p. 12, p. 20 - Fabrication of tulle curtains in Russia p. 14 - Bogus companies "Bankvereinigung Grün

        The Uganda Railway
        ALMW_II._MB_1898_24 · File · 1898
        Part of Francke's Foundations in Halle

        Author: By Miss. Hofmann in Ikutha. Scope: p. 329-331. Contains, among other things: - (SW: railway construction - Indian workers; 18 stations; travel time from mission area to Mombasa)

        Leipziger Missionswerk
        The Tanga Moschi Railway
        ALMW_II._BA_A3_929 · Item · 1927-1938
        Part of Evangelical Lutheran Mission Leipzig

        Photographer: Guth?. Phototype: Photo. Format: 11.5 X 8.3. Description: on the platform, 6 Europeans, 1 African boy (seller?), wide. Person i. Background, Train. Reference: Plate and cardboard No 65 in negative box ( 4 prints). See album 18, no. 133 (8,1 X 10,9) "...19 August 1928".

        Leipziger Missionswerk
        The station Mbungu
        ALMW_II._MB_1898_22 · File · 1898
        Part of Francke's Foundations in Halle
        • Author: According to Miss's diary. Pfitzinger. Scope: p. 297-298* 325-328. Contains, among other things: - "First Miss. Clean departure." (SW: departure of Miss; escort to Samburu railway station) - "2nd plague of locusts." (SW: Description of the catastrophe; consumption of locusts) - "3. Intervention of an English official." (SW: conflicts; new laws; mission work - school and worship; Miss. Fuchs) - "4. Finally a school in Mbungu." (SW: Ndzéngela - most respected of the village; agreement on school attendance; number of pupils; food pupils; slave trade)
        Leipziger Missionswerk
        PrAdK 0552 · File · 1884 - 1891
        Part of Archive of the Academy of Arts

        Table of contents (pages 2-7). Conversion of the Hygiene exhibition building for the 1886 art exhibition by Fritz Wolff; planning and redesign of the building, land issues, cost estimates, invoices, inclusion of the chapel erected by Johannes Otzen, etc. 1884-1887, transfer of the chapel to the Academy by Otzen, 23 March 1887 (pp. 16, 24-29, 35, 47f., 52, 56, 59, 63, 81-84, 87, 104, 107, 110f., 113-117, 121-123, 142, 148-152, 158-160, 173-177). Consultation of the building inspector Wolff with the exhibition and building commission of the senate (Becker, Gude, Encke, Gentz, Schaper, Ende, Raschdorff, Heyden, Kayser, v. Groszheim) 1884-1886 (pp. 8-11, 26, 33f., 36). Information on the size of the building, with hanging area, 1884 (sheet 12f.). Test works because of skylight 1885 (sheets 14, 31). Use of the building for the academy exhibitions after 1886 (pp. 135, 139). Organisation of an international art exhibition in 1891 (pp. 319-322, 329).<br />maintenance of the building, accommodation of post and telecommunication stations, catalogue and lottery sales points, restaurants, etc. 1884, 1886-1888, contracts between the Royal Ministerial, Military and Building Commission and the restaurant owner Mathias Bauer, May 15, 1884, and the brewery owner Anton Dreher, March 6, 1886 (pp. 20-23, 39-46, 53-55, 57, 62, 64f..), 71-79, 85, 124, 135, 142, 144, 146f., 166f., 169f., 186, 188f., 194-197, 207, 211-215, 221-213, 226, 228, 237-246, 251-254, 257-259, 262, 265, 285, 287, 293-300, 317). Fees for fire brigade, water, opening ceremonies etc. for the art exhibitions 1886-1888 (sheets 68-70, 86, 88-90, 106, 118, 124-133, 136, 140, 196-200, 209f., 216-220, 223, 227, 281, 283). Report on a meeting of the Art Exhibition Commission (participants: Carl Becker, Hans Gude, Adolf Heyden, F. Possart, K. Eschke, Karl Friedrich Zöllner), Dec. 9, 1889: Structure of the interiors of the two long halls of the exhibition building (page 325).<br />Use of the Stadtbahnbögen for storage and exhibition preparation, as studios of the sculptors Ludwig Klinck, H. Walger, A. Mantke, Wischen and F. Lange, for storage of the plaster models of the Royal Museums and the equestrian statue of Washington of Siemering, for the photographer Ottomar Anschütz 1886-1890, with inventory list of the rooms 1886 (pp. 37f., 49-51, 60f., 153-157, 161f., 165, 171f., 178, 248, 279f., 282, 286, 289-291, 337, 374, 377f., 380f.).<br />Loan of the rooms or premises for the following exhibitions and works or to the following institutions and persons: Panorama and diorama of Pergamon and Olympia as well as of parts of West Africa and New Guinea by the architects Kyllmann and Heyden, 1884-1892 (pp. 16-18, 25, 124f., 128f., 138, 163, 318, 383), apprenticeship work of the trades 1887/88 (pp. 66f., 105, 108f., 112, 119f..), 145, 229-232, 241f.), Künstlerhalle des Vereins Berliner Künstler 1886 (pp. 80), Germania figure of the sculptor Siemering for the Leipzig Victory Monument 1886 (pp. 137), model of a fountain by Reinhold Begas 1887, 1888 (pp. 164, 187), garden party of the Berliner Verein für häusliche Gesundheitspflege 1887 (pp. 164, 187). 179), the lottery objects (with list) for the 'German Militair-Musiker-Unterstützungsfonds' 1887 (pp. 180-185), Reiterfest für die Berliner Stadtmission 1887 (pp. 190-193, 204), apparatuses for industrial accident prevention 1889 (pp. 201-203, 205f., 260f., 263, 266-280, 282, 284, 288, 290-292, 301-306, 315, 326-328, 330, 332-335, 345-350, 354f., 367-370), Association for the Promotion of Horticulture 1890 (pp. 224f., pp. 224f., pp. 266-280, 282, 284, 288, 290-292, 301-306, 326-328, 330, 332-335, 345-350, 354f., 367-370), 233f., 236, 323-325, 331, 350, 362-365, 371-373, 375f., 384-394), plans and models for inland navigation 1888 (pp. 249f., 255f.), products of the German wool industry 1891/92 (pp. 307-309), photographs by the photographischer Verein zu Berlin 1891 (pp. 310-314, 331, 352f., 359), award-winning designs of a Kaiser Wilhelm National Monument by Hildebrand, Hilgers, Schaper and Dr. Schilling 1889/90 (pp. 316, 366), for the X. century (pp. 316, 366), for the German National Museum in Berlin (pp. 366), for the German National Museum in Berlin (pp. 307-309). International Medical Congress 1890 (pp. 336, 338-344, 356-358, 360, 368, 379, 382).<br />Enth. et al: Site plan of the site at Lehrter Bahnhof with ground plan of the exhibition building, with scale, approx. 69 x 105 cm, print, 1886 (page 1). Ground plan of the annex to the main building of the Hygiene Exhibition, 1886, watercoloured pen drawing, with scale, approx. 66 x 48 cm (p. 168). Conditions for Participation in a City Telephone System', print, Jan. 1886 (pp. 54f.). Norddeutsche Brauer-Zeitung, 11th year, no. 30, May 1886, with article about the unjustified beer prices in the exhibition park (pp. 92-103). List of raffle items for the German Militair-Musiker-Unterstützungsfonds 1887, print (pp. 182-185). Application form and 'Conditions of the international medical-scientific exhibition in Berlin' of the X. International Medical Congress 1890, prints (pp. 357f.).<br />Protocols of the sessions of the Senate, Section for the Fine Arts (participants: Carl Becker, Julius Schrader, Albert Wolff, Hans Gude, Ernst Ewald, Eduard Dobbert, Karl Friedrich Zöllner, Meyer, Jordan, Adolph Menzel, Ludwig Knaus, Wilhelm Gentz, Rudolf Siemering, Adolf Heyden, Friedrich Geselschap, Otto Knille, Erdmann Encke, Johannes Otzen, Julius Raschdorff, Wilhelm Amberg, Otto Polenz, Alexander Calandrelli, Franz Schwechten):<br />10. Oct. 1888: Implementation of the academy exhibition 1889 despite 'Deutscher Allgemeiner Ausstellung für Unfallverhütung' (excerpt; pp. 267).<br />13 Oct. 1888: academy exhibition and exhibition for accident prevention 1889, necessity of an own art exhibition building (excerpt; pp. 268f.).

        BArch, PH 3-KART · Fonds · 1914-1919
        Part of Federal Archives (Archivtektonik)

        History of the Inventory Designer: Tasks and Organization Essentially follows: (1) Jany, Curt: History of the Prussian Army from the 15th century to 1914, 2nd ed. Edition (= Die Königlich Preußische Armee und das Deutsche Reichsheer 1807 bis 1914, vol. 4), Osnabrück 1967, pp. 294-296. (2) Cron, Hermann: Geschichte des deutschen Armeres im Weltkriege 1914 bis 1918, Berlin 1937, pp. 3-23. (3) PH 3/124 Die Organisation des Großen Generalstabes 1803-1914 (4) PH 3/1026 Die Organisation des Großen Generalstabes (vom 18. Jhr.. until its dissolution in 1919, manuscript by HOAR Stoeckel) (5) PH 3/1272-1273 Graphical representation of the development of the organisation of the Great General Staff 1802-1914 (6) PH 3/310 First introduction to the organisation and activities of the Deputy General Staff of the Armed Forces (1919) (7) Militärgeschichtliches Forschungsamt, MGFA (Ed. by the German Military Historical Research Institute, MGFA) (ed. by the German historian HOAR Stoeckel)): German military history in six volumes 1648 - 1939. Munich 1983 ff, pp. 69-72. (8) Enzyklopädie Erster Weltkrieg, ed. v: Gerhard Hirschfeld, Gerd Krumeich, Irina Renz in conjunction with Markus Pöhlmann, updated and extended study edition, Paderborn 2009, p. 754f. (9) PH 3/3 (10) Waldemar Erfurth: The History of the German General Staff 1918-1945 (= Studies on the History of the Second World War, ed. by Arbeitskreis für Wehrforschung in Frankfurt/Main, vol. 1), Göttingen 1957. 1. Großer Generalstab und Oberster Heeresleitung Großer Generalstab (7) With the Cabinet Order of 24 May 1883, the Generalstab became an Immediatbehörde (Immediate Authority), in fact it had held this position since the Wars of Unification. The General Staff was also assigned independently and directly to the monarch by the War Ministry. The tasks of the War Ministry and the Great General Staff overlapped in part, which occasionally led to conflicts. The position of Chief of Staff of the General Staff was respected, but, apart from operational management in the event of war, it was not endowed with important powers. The General Staff nevertheless exerted a decisive influence on the formation of the army through the training of leaders (the War Academy was subordinate to the Great General Staff), the care for the training of troops in warfare, and the handling of all questions connected with the conduct of a mobilization and a war. His activities included the cultivation of war science education, especially the study and processing of war history, the collection of news and statistical material on foreign armies and the various theatres of war, mapping, investigation and description of his own country. In the peacetime there were no far-reaching changes in the organization of the Grand General Staff, only some expansions due to the increasing scope of the General Staff duties. General Staff of the Field Army and Supreme Army Command (OHL) of the German Army (2) "According to Article 63 of the Constitution of the German Reich of 16 April 1871, the entire land power of the Reich formed a unified army, which was under the Emperor's command in war and peace. In peace, the head of the Great General Staff had practically no power of command and no right of inspection. He merely acted as chief and disciplinary superior of the Grand General Staff. The highest power of command was in fact with the emperor, but in practice it was the chief of the general staff of the army. During the war, the Chief of the General Staff issued operational orders in the name of the Emperor in accordance with the mobilization regulations and was jointly responsible for the management and execution of military operations as well as the other branches of service (ammunition replacement, catering, health, stage service). With the mobilization on August 2, 1914, the chief of the Prussian General Staff of the Army was formed as the "Chief of the General Staff of the Field Army" and the OHL, which was located in the Great Headquarters. The Chief of the General Staff of the Field Army thus embodied the OHL and was always equated with it by concept. On August 5, 1914, the deputy general staff of the army was mobilized in Berlin. The latter remained in existence until 31 January 1919. With the demobilisation, de Große Generalstab resumed its activities on 1 February 1919, with the exception of the positions remaining with OHL. (10) On the basis of the Treaty of Versailles, the dissolution of the Great General Staff was decided and initiated in July 1919. On 4 July 1919 Major General von Seeckt took over the business of the Chief of the General Staff. The name of the service is now "General von Seeckt". On September 30, 1919, the Great General Staff was finally dissolved with the establishment of a liquidation office from part of the central department. The Heads of the General Staff of the Army in Prussia from 1857 to 1918 Field Marshal General Hemuth Karl Bernhard von Moltke 1857-1888 Field Marshal General Alfred Heinrich Karl Ludwig von Waldersee 1888-1891 Field Marshal General Alfred Graf von Schlieffen 1891-1906 General Colonel Helmuth von Moltke 1906-1914 Between 1914 and 1918 a total of four OHLs were formed (8) 1. OHL: General Colonel Helmuth von Moltke, Chief of the General Staff of the Field Army from Aug. 2 to Sep. 14, 1914 2. OHL: General of the Infantry Erich von Falkenhayn, Chief of the General Staff of the Field Army from Aug. 14 to Sept. 14, 1914 2. 3rd Sept. (officially from 3 Sept. 1914) to 29 Aug. 1916 3rd OHL: General Field Marshal Paul von Beneckendorff and von Hindenburg, Chief of the General Staff of the Field Army from 29 Aug. 1916 to 9 Nov. 1916. 1918, Commander-in-Chief of the Field Army from 9 Nov. 1918 to 3 July 1919, assisted by the First Quartermaster General of the Infantry Erich von Ludendorff, First Quartermaster General from 29 Aug. 1916 to 26 Oct. 1918, then Lieutenant General Wilhelm Groener became First Quartermaster General from 29 Oct. 1918 to 3 July 1919 4. OHL: Lieutenant General Wilhelm Groener took over the OHL after the resignation of Hindenburgs on June 25, 1919 until the dissolution on Sept. 30, 1919 3. The organizational development of the Great General Staff The organization of the Great General Staff since April 1, 1889 (1) The Quartermaster General was first abolished again, but on April 1, 1889 three Quartermasters (O.Q.) were established. Central Office (from 1890 Central Division) Oberquartiermeister (O. Q.) I since 1 April 1889: 2nd Division Ordre de Bataille (Battle Regulations) and deployment of the German Army Railway Division Railway Section The Railway Section was responsible for the operation and training of the Railway Regiment, subordinate to the Chief of the General Staff of the Armed Forces, and of the Airship Division. Eisenbahn-Regiment Oberquartiermeister (O.Q.) II 4th Section - New Formation for the Affairs of Foreign Fortresses and the Preparation of the Drafts of Attacks, with AKO of Dec. 19, 1889 the Department for Foreign Fortresses was added by the Engineering Committee Geographical-Statistical Department (since 1894 an independent Department) German Section - Affairs of the Academy of War and the Training Trips of the General Staff Oberquartiermeister (O.Q.) III 1st Division (Russia, the Scandinavian states, Austria, the Balkans, etc.) 3rd Division (France, England, Belgium, the Netherlands, Switzerland, Italy) Division of War History National Recording The position of the Quartermaster General was abolished. Structure of the Large General Staff of the Army since 1908 (1) Central Division 6th Division (Manoeuvre) Chief Quartermaster (O.Q.) I 2nd Division (Aufmasch) Technical Section (Air Force) 4th Division (Foreign Fortresses of the Western War Theatre) 7th Division (Foreign Fortresses of the Eastern War Theatre) Railway Division Chief Quartermaster (O.Q.) II 3rd Division (O.Q.) Department (Foreign Armies in the West) 9th Department (German Colonies) Oberquartiermeister (O. Q.) III 5th Department (Training Trips of the General Staff) 8th Department (Affairs of the War Academy) Oberquartiermeister IV (newly added since 1 April 1894) 1st Department (Foreign Armies in the East) 10th Department (Foreign Armies in the East) Oberquartiermeister V War Historical Department I and II The Head of the Large General Staff Central Department (Personnel, Organisation, Administration) with Section III b (Communications) 6th Section (Manoeuvres) War History Department II (Older War History) Chief Quartermaster (O.Q.) I. 2. (German Division) - Deployment and Operations Division Railway Division Section 1a (for the revision of the Military Transport Order) 4th Division (Foreign Fortresses) Chief Quartermaster (O.Q.) II 3rd Division (France with Morocco, England with Egypt, Afghanistan) 9th Division (Italy, Belgium, Switzerland, Holland, Spain, Portugal, America, German Colonies) Chief Quartermaster (O.Q.) III 5th Division (Operations Studies) 8th Division (Operations Studies) Division (War Academy and General Staff Service) Chief Quartermaster (O.Q.) IV 1st Division (Russia, Nordic States, East Asia, Persia, Turkey) 10th Division (Russia, Northern States, East Asia, Persia, Turkey) Department (Austria-Hungary and Balkan States) Oberquartiermeister V Kriegsgeschichtliche Abteilung I (neuere Kriege) Kriegsarchiv Kartenarchiv Chief of the Landesaufnahme and Oberquartiermeister Trigonometrische Abteilung Topographische Abteilung Kartographische Abteilung Photogrammetische Abteilung Kolonialsektion Der Chef des Generalstabes des Feldheeres 1914 bis 1918 (2) 1. General Staff Departments Central Department She was responsible for receiving and forwarding correspondence to the relevant departments, in cooperation with the Military Cabinet for Personnel Matters and Administration. The department was headed by Colonel von Fabeck, and from 26 March 1916 it was headed by Colonel Tieschowitz von Tieschowa. Operations Department The department with the closest connection to the Chief of Staff. She was also the office for his personal letters. It was responsible for creating the conditions for all operational measures of the army: to monitor the organisation and organisation of the entire army and to propose improvements as well as the training, armament and operational capability of the units. The Chief of the Opera Department was responsible for advising the Chief of General Staff, drawing up the operational plans of the General Staff and issuing his orders. During the war the department was expanded extensively. Heads: Major General Tappen Lieutenant Colonel Wetzell (since 31 Aug. 1916) Operations Department B On 18 August 1916, a subdivision was set up under the Operations Department which was responsible for the Macedonian and Turkish fronts. Operations Division II On 23 September 1916, the post of Chief of Field Ammunition was dissolved. The tasks of ammunition and equipment replacement were taken over by the ammunition section in the operations department. Subsequently, the ammunition section was merged with the warfare section to form Operations Division II. Chief: Colonel Bauer News Department, since 20 May 1917 Foreign Armies Department She was responsible for the prosecution of military operations abroad, especially for the warfare of the enemy states. She primarily collected information on their organization and distribution of forces. Division III b Your task was to transmit the enemy's messages. This was done by intelligence officers deployed to the armies and at suitable points in the home country. There were also voluntary or paid agents in neutral and hostile foreign countries and the Secret Field Police in the occupied territories. News material was also provided by the border police and the field police, which also served to carry out espionage. The intelligence and counter-espionage services in the homeland communicated with Division IIIb of the Deputy General Staff, which in turn was subordinated to Division IIIb in the Great Headquarters. The guidelines for patriotic education were issued by the department, as was the press service set up to steer public opinion. Political Department since Feb. 10, 1916 Military Political Department It was responsible for the military political affairs of all states, dealt with legal issues and passed on the information to the military attachés and the written authority on peace issues. 2. the Quartermaster General and his subordinates The Quartermaster General was responsible for all the duties relating directly to the relief of the Chief of the Quartermaster General. operations. This included the entire supply, stage and railway system, field post and administration of justice, field medical services and veterinary services. Generalquartiermeister Generalleutnant von Stein since 14 Sept. 1914 Generalleutnant Hahndorff since 16 Jan. 1916 Subordinate positions Generalintendant des Feldheeeres He was responsible for providing the army with food. In addition, he was the head of the field and troop directorships. With the transition to the positional war, the monitoring of the nutrition in the occupied territory was added. In particular the cultivation of the soil and the necessary procurement of the agricultural machine material and the utilization of the harvest surplus for the field army. Later the industrial use of the occupied territories was added. A new economic department was set up for the West with effect from 5 September 1916. With effect from January 1, 1917, the economic department was made independent and expanded and set up on behalf of the General Quartermaster for the Western Theatre of War (B.d.G. West). He was responsible for the administration, management and utilization of the occupied territories in the West. Besides, he was subordinated: - General Wechselamt - art expert for monument preservation - prisoners of war - and civilian worker battalions - electrotechnical workshop West - artillery and training equipment repair workshops - looting and collecting (until subordinated to a special commissioner) At the beginning, the following positions were also subordinated to the Generalquartiermeister: - Chief of field munitions - Chief of field telegraphy - Chief of field railways - Chief of field aviation - Inspector of balloon guns Chief of field medical services General staff physician of the army Prof. Dr. Schiernig headed the medical services in the entire war zone as the highest superior of the medical personnel. His responsibilities included: the medical service, the care and transport of the wounded, the distribution of hospital trains and ships, hospitals in the homeland. Field Chief Postmaster He supervised the postal system on all theatres of war. The Field Oberpost Inspections West and East were set up to relieve him. Second Commander of the Great Headquarters He was responsible for the security and supply of the headquarters and the control of the sub personnel. He commanded the Infantry and Cavalry Staff Guard, a Land Storm Battalion, a Field Gendarmerie Command, Military Police, a motor vehicle spark station and a telephone department, three balloon defence guns (later ducrh replaced two air defence batteries), a headlight train (later expanded into a headlight department), the field directorate of the Great Headquarters together with the field warfare fund, motor vehicle fleet, field post office, Central Postal Surveillance West with the post office monitoring centre of the Great Headquarters, marketing department and reading hall. Secret Field Police cooperated closely with Division III b. During the war, B.d.G.West also added a number of agencies to the Great Headquarters. The commander of the troops, newly created in 1915, was located in Luxembourg. The Chief of Field Service was established at the end of 1916 and placed under the authority of the Quartermaster General. It served to centralise the motor vehicle formations. After the approval of the Generalqaurtiermeister, he was authorized to give instructions to the motor troops of the army high commandos and the staff figures assigned to the army groups in the west. On 17 May 1918, the staff of the commander of the combat vehicle departments was subordinated to the head of the motor vehicle division. The B.d.G. Ost with its seat in Warsaw was responsible for the utilization of the land in the administrative area of the Supreme Commander East and the General Government of Warsaw. Valenciennes Military Mine Directorate It fell under the jurisdiction of the Quartermaster General in September 1917. The mining administrations of Mons and Valenciennes, which until then had been part of the Metz government, were united to form a military directorate. The German representation in occupied Italy Used in February 1918 in Udine with evacuation of the 14th army. It served to assert German interests in the war spoils acquired jointly with Austria. The commander of the 13th Cavalry Brigade and his staff were to regulate the demand for horses on the eastern and western fronts due to the increasing shortage of horses. He was assigned to the GQ on 31 December 1916. In February 1918 he became the Commissioner of the Quartermaster General in equestrian affairs. Commissioner of the General Quartermaster in Berlin In order to reestablish trade relations with the former Russian territories resulting from the treaties with the Allies, coordination between the central authorities and the General Staff was necessary. He also took over the supervision of the import and export points. Commissioner of the Master Quartermaster General for Prey and Collecting This was created with effect from 1 June 1918. It had already been settled in 1917. He was responsible for the administration of the spoils of war and the control of the services. General of the Ammunition Columns and Trains in the Great Headquarters The increase in the number of formations was accompanied by the technical contraction of weapons, which was created in July 1918. Her task was to use the units, to supervise the technical service in the war zone and at home, and to replace the clothing and field equipment. 3. foot artillery and pioneers were among the special weapons and their technical training was monitored by the inspections. The General of the Foot Artillery in the Great Headquarters He was adviser to the Chief of the General Staff of the Field Army on technical matters and the deployment of heavy artillery. In addition, he shaped the training in his home country. He was subordinate to the later established "Inspector of Artillery Metrology" and the "Staff Officer for Heavy Flat Fire". At first he had no direct influence on the general of artillery. This did not change when the OHL introduced the unit staffs "Artillery Generals" instead of "Field Artillery Brigade Commanders" and Foot Artillery Generals to unify artillery. Thus his name was changed to "General von der Artillerie Nr. 1". A month later he became "Inspector General of Artillery Shooting Schools". He was in charge of the shooting training of the entire field and foot artillery in the field and at home. General Inspectors: General of the Artillery of Lauter (until 15 Oct. 1917) Lieutenant General Ziethen The General of the Engineering and Pioneer Corps in the Great Headquarters He was the supreme weapons superior during the war of increasing and specializing formations of the pioneers. He advised the Chief of the General Staff of the Field Army and was responsible for the organizational and technical development of the pioneers. The special services of the pioneers, such as the stage-managers of the mine-throwing machine, in existence since the end of 1915, the inspector of the gas regiments created in 1916 and the stage-manager of the pioneer melee means of close combat established in May 1918. In August 1918 he received the designation General of the Pioneers from the Chief of the General Staff of the Field Army. General der Pioniere: General der Infanterie von Claer bis bis zum 2. Juli 1916 Major General Marschall von Bieberstein seit 28. Aug. 1918 The Chief of the Field Ammunition Service This was initially subordinated to the Generalquartiermeister. His tasks included coordinating the ammunition provided by the War Ministry in conjunction with the Chief of Field Railways as well as the replacement of equipment on the basis of the reports from the Army High Commands and the Stage Inspection. In addition, he was responsible for planning the needs of the army commandos and the stage inspections and reporting them to the War Ministry. With effect from 10 May 1915, he was directly subordinated to the Chief of the General Staff of the Field Army. This should ensure close coordination with the operations department. On 23 September 1916 the position of Chief of Field Ammunition was dissolved. His duties were performed by the Operations Department. The Chief of the Field Telegraphy The Chief of the Field Telegraphy was settled during the first three years of war at the General Quartermaster. He was in charge of the entire intelligence troops and intelligence media of the field army. During the war the news formations were strongly expanded, which caused the army leadership under Hindenburg to carry out a reorganization. A general of the telegraph troops for the western, eastern and southeastern theater of war was created to relieve the field telegraphy chief. These generals were subordinated to the chief of field telegraphy. A new restructuring of the intelligence system took place, with the head of the field telegraphy reporting to it. A new organizational change was made by the Chief of Field Telegraphy to "Chief of Intelligence" and reporting directly to the Chief of General Staff of the Field Army. He also became commanding general. He was now responsible for organisation, use, training, staffing, replacement, replenishment, technical requirements and all German spark telegraphy traffic. Chief: Major General Balck Colonel von Wolff since Dec. 7, 1914 Major General von Hesse since Apr. 9, 1917 The Chief of Field Railways He was initially subordinate to the Quartermaster General. It was not until his replacement in October 1916 that he was directly subordinated to the Chief of the General Staff. His tasks included the complete railway system and the use of the waterways. At the commander-in-chief east he was represented by the field railway boss east. There were also railway officers at the stage commandos and the stage inspections, later there were authorized general staff officers at the allied states in Constantinople, Sofia, Vienna, and from mid-1916 also at the army groups. Further streamlining of the organization was achieved by the creation of independent railway transport departments based at the Great Headquarters in Kowno and Pleßhatten. Heads: Major General Groener until 31 Oct. 1916 Colonel Freiherr von Oldershausen Chief of War Surveying With the war of positions and the production of a wide variety of maps, war surveying became increasingly important. The head of war surveying was to steer this task. Therefore, the authority was created in July 1915. All surveying units were subject to this authority. Depending on requirements, staff figures for surveying were assigned to the army commandos in the west and the army groups in the west. Chief of the military aviation While one was superior to the army airships, one lay back with the planes behind France, with the captive balloons one was set up in something equal. In order to make the air forces more efficient, the chief of the air force was set up in 1915 with the general quartermaster. He ran the aviators, the airmen and the weather service. On 1 July 1915, an inspector of the balloon guns of the General Quartermaster was created for the air defence, which belonged to artillery. On 8 October 1916, Lieutenant General Hoppner was appointed Commanding General of the Air Force by Allerhöchste Kabinettsordrre and the former Chief of Field Aviation, Lieutenant Colonel Thomsen, became his Chief of Staff. All formations of the airmen, the airship, the air defence and the weather service in the field and in the homeland were subordinated to the Kogenluft. This was directly subordinated to the Chief of the General Staff in October 1915. The head censorship office was also integrated into this, which had previously been the organisational office of the deputy commanding generals. The tasks of the War Press Office were to improve cooperation between the home authorities and the Supreme Army Command in the field of the press, to provide information to the authorities and the press, and to ensure that the supervision of the press was uniform. She was also responsible for forwarding the censorship guidelines to the censorship offices. The press office had contact to all departments, the otherwise usual way of appeal did not exist. In October 1918, the War Press Office was subordinated to the War Ministry. Military post of the Federal Foreign Office The post was established on 1 July 1916 and was subordinated to the Supreme Army Command, but was organisationally subordinated to the Federal Foreign Office, Division IIIb of the Deputy General Staff, the War Press Office, the War Ministry, the Admiral Staff and the R e i c h s m a r i n e a m t . She was responsible for the defense against enemy propaganda and for German propaganda at home and abroad. On 30 January 1917, a "Picture and Photo Office" was set up, which in April 1917 was designated as the "Picture and Film Office". In December 1917, Universum Film AG was founded on the initiative of the Picture and Film Office and used for educational purposes. In January 1918, the Bild- und Filmamt was administratively subordinated to the War Ministry. However, the Military Office of the Federal Foreign Office continued to be empowered to issue directives. The organization of the Great General Staff from 1. February 1919 Chief of the General Staff of the Field Army (9) Central Department Chief of the Landesaufnahme General Staff Departments Department Foreign Army Department (F) Railway Department (E) War Economics Department (Kriweis) Economics Department (W) War History Department (K) War History Department (K 1) War History Department (K 2) War History Department (K 3) Description of the Collection: The maps from the former inventory KART 3 were transferred to the inventory PH 3-KART. Content characterization: The map inventory contains maps of various types (section maps, location maps, position maps, operation maps, photo maps, artillery maps, map sheets, map sketches, etc.) of the theatres of war of the First World War. The maps were produced by the cartographic department of the Deputy General Staff of the Field Army and by the surveying departments and map offices of the command authorities and associations. The majority of the maps refer to the western theater of war, especially Belgium, France and Luxembourg. Only a small part of the documents refers to the eastern theater of war, especially Russia. State of development: Invenio citation: BArch, PH 3-KART/...

        _Theol.Fak.01 085 · File · 1910 - 1920
        Part of University Archive of the Humboldt University Berlin
        • Darin: - Bl. 1: Das freie Wort : Frankfurter Monatsschrift für Fortschritt auf allen Gebiete des geistigen Lebens, ZDB-ID: 545015-9 ; 10(1910)14 - Bl. 4: Arthur Schopenhauer und das Christentum im Anschluss und zur Fortsetzung von Weltanschauung das Unglück und der Christ : a contribution to a better understanding of the riddles of our existence and the world. - 36 S. - Arolsen : C. Loewié, 1910 - Bl. 6: Decree of the Minister of Spiritual, Educational and Medical Affairs of 18 January 1911 concerning the care of young people. - 16 S. - Berlin : J. G. Cotta, 1911 - p. 10: The twenty-third German Protestant Kirchengesangvereinstag zu Hannover from 2 to 3 October 1911 - 62 pp. - Leipzig : Breitkopf
        station building
        ALMW_II._BA_DV_II/65 · Item · ohne Datum
        Part of Evangelical Lutheran Mission Leipzig

        Phototype: Photo. Format: 16,2 X 11,3. Description: ... of the railway, on it: " Mile 14, Mazeras Station"; corrugated iron building, in front 5 Indians, right at the side to turnout 2 Africans. Remark: faded.

        Leipziger Missionswerk