possession

Elements area

Taxonomy

Code

Scope note(s)

    Source note(s)

    Display note(s)

      Hierarchical terms

      possession

      possession

        Equivalent terms

        possession

        • UF Besitzrecht
        • UF Besitztum
        • UF Eigenbesitz
        • UF Habe
        • UF Privatbesitz

        Associated terms

        possession

          2 Archival description results for possession

          2 results directly related Exclude narrower terms
          Court Marshal's Office
          Thüringisches Hauptstaatsarchiv Weimar, 6-13-5001 · Fonds
          Part of Thuringian Main State Archives Weimar (Archivtektonik)

          Description of the holdings: Hofmeister and Hofmarschälle can be found at the Weimar court as early as the 16th century (cf. present holdings no. 403). A new appointment and organisation ("re-establishment") of the Court Marshal's Office took place under the Saxon-Coburg supreme guardianship in 1750 (No. 411c). According to the state handbooks of the second half of the 19th century, the sphere of business of the Court Marshal's Office included the administration of the part of the chamber's property reserved for the Grand Ducal House, the so-called crown property (Ordinance of May 4, 1854, Reg. p. 229), and the overall supervision of the associated cash and accounting system, the care of the stocks at court and the supervision of their consumption, the affairs of the court etiquette, the pages, the court officers (court kitchen, winery, silver chamber, cloakroom, etc.).), the administration of the palaces, parks and garden centres, the handling of discipline by the subordinate servants, the exercise of police rights in the eximierten possessions of the Grand Ducal House, the supervision of the Pensionanstalt für Witwen und Waisen der Mitglieder der Hofkapelle opened in 1830 and the supervision of the Grand Ducal Museum für Kunst und Kunstgewerbe (state since 1903). The Court Marshal's Office carried out the business of the Court Theatre Directorate from 1828 to 1857 (No. 3123, 3126), and from 1851 to 1855 the business of the Court Stables Office, which was abolished at that time (Reg.Bl. 1851 p. 12, 1856 p. 64). After the Grand Duke renounced his throne in 1918, the Court Marshal's Office was abolished together with the Court Main Treasury on 31 March 1922 (No. 538). A Grand Ducal Saxon Schatull Administration existed in Weimar until the expropriation of the princes in 1948. The files of the Court Marshal's Office have mostly only been handed down since the end of the 18th century. This was caused by considerable losses during the fire at Weimar Castle in 1774 (cf. No. 2553, p. 2). During its existence, in 1893 and 1917, the Court Marshal's Office supplied the Weimar State Archives with documents that were ready for archiving, but these were exclusively series of volumes of accounts that were added to the archives available at the time. The files of the Court Marshal Office, on the other hand, were only handed over to the Weimar State Archives by the Thuringian Ministry of Finance as the successor authority to the Court Marshal Office in two deliveries in February 1923 and September 1933. Together with the files, the three repertories A, B and C (now classified in the inventory as No. 1b, 1c, 1d) were handed over; the delivery of 1933 comprised the files listed in the "new" repertory C. The files were handed over to the "new" repertory. Repertory C was the youngest repertory to be created at the Court Marshal's Office in 1898/99, with various files still needed being transferred from repertories A and B to the "new repertory" C, while the remaining pieces listed in A and B were "put back" (cf. No. 530). In addition, a large number of unlisted files and a collection of mostly handwritten sheet music for instrumental music from the period around 1775 were deposited in the State Archives. Here, all the files have been worked together to form an inventory. The capital classification of repertory C was used as the basis for the portfolio classification. The signatures given to the pieces in the repertories A, B and C due to their older distortion are recorded in a special column of the present repertory. From the traditional repertories, file titles were also transferred to the repertory created by the State Archives, for which files could no longer be ascertained. However, a large number of such initially missing files of the Court Marshal's Office were still to be found among the files left to the State Archives by the Ministry of Education of the State of Thuringia when it left for Erfurt in 1950. The actual holdings of the Court Marshal's Office (known as the Court Marshal's Office I) are appended in special parts as: - Court Marshal's Office II: Gartendirektion Eisenach (established in 1804, abolished in 1890) No. 4000 - 4142: Files that have grown up with this (special provenance) No. 4200 - 4222: Files of the Court Marshal's Office on this subject - Court Marshal's Office III: Gardens and Park Administration No. 4223 - 4463: Files of the Court Marshal's Office (These belong together with those in Court Marshal's Office I Chapter 58: Gardens, parks listed). The provenances of the Hofstallamt zu Weimar (B), which were related to the holdings of the Hofmarschallamt (Court Marshal's Office) and were in charge of the supervision of the Großherzogliches Marstall zu Weimar (Grand Ducal Marshal's Office), as well as of the Hofgestüt zu Allstedt (C) are treated as separate provenances (holdings), each with a new census and their own finding aids. Both authorities were abolished in 1920. The order and indexing of the holdings in the Weimar State Archives was carried out by Dr. Paul Goehts, a member of the Weimar government, between April 1945 and December 1847. The pieces found later, most of which had already been noted in the repertory, were added to the holdings in 1954 and 1955. The final work was done by the state archivist Dr. Rudolf Diezel. Weimar, September 30, 1955 Prof. Dr. Flach Remarks: The holdings contain the files of the Court Marshal's Office of the Duchy/Grand Duchy of Saxony-Weimar-Eisenach, primarily since the reorganization in 1750. They document the entire administration of the Weimar Court. In the years 1828 to 1857 the court theatre and the court chapel were also subordinated to the authority. From 1830 onwards, the Hofmarschallamt was the supervisory authority for the pension institution for widows and orphans of the members of the Hofkapelle and until 1903 for the Grand Ducal Museum of Arts and Crafts. Since 1854 he was also in charge of the administration of the "Krongutes", which had been given to the Grand Ducal House for its own use, and the police force on this property. The holdings also include the lists of the participants of the princely table kept by the Hoffouriers for the period 1749 - 1918 (Fourier books). The Court Marshal's Office was abolished in 1922. The files were delivered to the archive in several deliveries in 1893, 1917, but essentially only in 1923 and 1933.

          Collection · 1923-1938
          Part of Augsburg State Archives (Archivtektonik)

          Preface: Johannes Christoph Ferdinand Lippert was born on 07.08.1875 in Sulzbach-Rosenberg as one of six children. In 1906 he married Elisabeth Serr in Germersheim (Palatinate). Hans Lippert was head of the Donauwörth Agricultural Office from 1925 to 1938. During these years he has been extraordinarily involved in the history of his homeland and from 1930 he was chairman of the Historical Association for Donauwörth and the surrounding area. During this time, he mainly took up a wealth of motifs in his Sprengel, which make up the unique value of the so-called Lippert picture collection. In 1938, Lippert resigned from the Gleichschaltung des Historischen Vereins. After his move to Fürth, he worked for many years as a volunteer in the local city archive and in the state archive of Nuremberg (e.g. state archive of Nuremberg, holdings: Reichsstadt Nürnberg, Losungsamt, city accounting records) (friendly note from Mr. Erich Hofgärtner). He lived until his childless death in Fürth (Königswarterstraße 72) and died as a retired Oberregierungsbaurat on 01.08.1961 in Fürth (Jakob-Henle-Straße 1). His will of 10 April 1939 does not contain any dispositions regarding his collection of pictures. The estate file is archived in the Nuremberg State Archives (District Court Fürth VI 843/1961; friendly note from Mrs. Magerla, Nuremberg State Archives). The image collection comprises a total of 2,431 photographs of all types of buildings, including interior and exterior views, mainly from the Donauwörth district. The main holdings of 1884 objects were taken over by the Augsburg State Archives in 1992 (Archivalienzugangsbuch-Nr.: 36/1992) and in 1993 (Archivalienzugangsbuch-Nr.: 14/1993) from the Land- und Universitätsbauamt Augsburg. In addition, the Donauwörth City Archives have a smaller collection of 547 objects, some of which are interlinked with those of the Augsburg State Archives. The photographs kept in the city archives became the property of the Historical Association for Donauwörth and its Surroundings, whose chairman Lippert was until 1938. The Augsburg State Archives took over the collection in 1992 and 1993, which is kept in a specially made wooden cabinet. After an initial review by Dr. Gerhard Hetzer, Bernhard Stadler and Simon Lutz (the latter formerly employed by the Landbauamt Donauwörth), handwritten lists for determining the motifs of the negatives were drawn up in addition to an already existing older list of slides. Mr. Richard Helfrich then numbered the photographs from 1 to 3202 without separating them into different series (narrow, typewritten stickers), with the slides retaining their old numbers, noted in pencil on the originals in one corner. The old parchment bags of the negatives, which are provided with explanatory inscriptions or contain enclosed loose labels, only partially carried older numbers. The numbering was done in view of a security filming in the Herrmann und Kraemer GmbH u. Co KG laboratory in Garmisch-Partenkirchen. Prior to the security filming, Mr. Simon Lutz, in consultation with Dr. Seitz, the official board member, removed the originals numbered by Mr. Helfrich, No. 2366 to 2999, from the picture collection, as they did not belong to it (mainly photographs of persons). In the laboratory, the image collection was divided into two groups for technical reasons: Negatives or Series A (1096 objects) Contains original glass plate negatives (format 13 x 18 cm, 9 x 11.5 cm, 6.5 x 9 cm), original film negatives (6 x 8.5 cm), negative duplicates (10.5 x 14.5 cm) and photographic prints (10.5 x 14.5 cm). Slides or Series B (759 objects) Contains original glass plate slides (format 9 x 12 cm), negative duplicates (10.5 x 14.5 cm) and photo prints (10.5 x 14.5 cm). The negative duplicates and photo prints were placed in a glassine bag in the laboratory with the originals; the bags were labeled with the order number (= order number) in the upper left corner with a black pen. In the Augsburg State Archives, the negative duplicates and photo prints (for submission to users) were separated from the originals by working students and provided with sub-numbers, since the older parchment bags often contained several originals. The trainees created, separately according to the formats of the originals, with typewriter several directories. In 2004, Florian Anton Kofler used the Excel program to record the holdings of the Augsburg State Archives and the Donauwörth City Archives on behalf of the Swabian District. Mr. Kofler also listed some older photo prints from the remaining disordered appendix (negatives on film strips as well as older photo prints) of the picture collection, for which a small series C (so far 29 objects) was formed. Mr. Kofler has kindly left his data records to the Augsburg State Archives, on the basis of which, after importing them into the Faust database program, the following finding aids with registers could be created: - Augsburg State Archives, Donauwörth Land Construction Office, Lippert Picture Collection. This archive stock has been added to the finding aids database. - Donauwörth City Archive, Historical Society, Lippert Picture Collection. This find book is located in the Augsburg State Archives as an external repertory. In addition, two files in the inventory LANDBAUAMT DONAUWÖRTH are to be referred to: J 63: Heimatschutz und Denkmalpflege with 36 photos, 1935-1940. J 65: Heimatschutz und Denkmalpflege with 11 photos, 1921-1929. Literature: Ottmar Seuffert "Hans Lippert, Chairman of the Historischer Verein für Donauwörth und Umgebung e.V. (Historical Association for Donauwörth and Surroundings) In difficult times (1930-1938)", in: Mitteilungen des Historischen Vereins für Donauwörth und Umgebung 2000, pp. 67-81. Augsburg, Günter Steiner, 6 April 2005