Ereignis

1491 Archival description results for Ereignis

202 results directly related Exclude narrower terms
Staatsarchiv Bremen (STAB), 3-R.1.g. · Fonds · 1886 - 1955
Part of State Archives Bremen (STAB) (Archivtektonik)

Content: Colonial Policy - Colonial Legislation - Protectorate Act - Reichskolonialamt - Colonial Service - Colonial Procurement - Schutztruppe - Togo, Cameroon, D e u t s c h - S ü d w e s t a f r i k a, D e u t s c h - O s t a f r i k a - Herero Uprising - Railway Construction - Colonial and Settlement Societies - Kiautschou/Tsingtau - Caroline Islands, Palau Islands and Mariana Islands - Colonial Policy and Research under National Socialist Rule - Position of Bremen in the Colonial Movement, especially Institute of Colonial Research

Landesarchiv Baden-Württemberg, Abt. Hauptstaatsarchiv Stuttgart, E 130 a Bü 895 · File · 1904 - 1913
Part of Landesarchiv Baden-Württemberg, Dept. Main State Archives Stuttgart (Archivtektonik)

Contains among other things: Memorandum on the use of the fund of two million marks made available for the South West African protectorate, 1904, printed matter 3 p. qu. 19; coloured map of farm damage in the Herero area 1904 qu. 32a; Wehrgesetz für die Schutzgebiete 1913 qu. 60

10 - Depot A
10 · Fonds
Part of Stuttgart City Archive

Brief description: In the second half of the 19th century, the municipal administration became increasingly differentiated. Little by little, individual municipal offices were established instead of the council deputations that had been active up to then. Portfolio 10 Depot A contains the files of the administrative offices (in contrast to the technical and building offices, which can be found in portfolio 11 Depot B). Scope: 5604 units/155 linear metres Content: files on land register, guardianship, municipal and commercial court, seizure, registry office; city relations with king and country; citizenship and emigration; municipal residents; military; statistics; celebrations and anniversaries; savings, insurance and provident funds; welfare and charity; fire protection; agriculture and forestry; public facilities and squares; trades and guilds; measure and weight; transport. In the Second World War they were lost: Files on the subjects of medicine, police, church, education, sport, art, science, sociability, financial management. Duration: 1504 - 1949 Instructions for use: The 10 Depot A portfolio was provided with new, simple signatures in 2006/2007. If you are looking for units of stock using the old signatures, please note the notes in the preface. Foreword: Notes on use The title recordings of the Depot A holdings correspond to the original titles of the files as they were noted on the file covers. Since the contents of the files were not checked when the holdings were recorded at the time, the contents of a file may therefore go beyond the title given or contain only general or indirect information on the subject given (e.g. only newspaper cuttings). When searching for relevant documents, it makes sense to carry out a broad search in terms of content. Similarly, when searching via classification, it should be noted that the respective assignment of the units to a classification point was originally very abstract and therefore different points should be considered. Occasionally, file covers do not contain any documents. As a rule, these are the units that do not have a scope. Exceptions are possible, however, as units were inadvertently omitted during surveying. The portfolio was renumbered in 2006/2007 and the units consecutively numbered (for details see next page "Further information on the portfolio"). The signatures 1281, 2560 to 2659, and 5233 were not assigned. A concordance of the old and new signatures can be found in the appendix to the inventory. Extensive units were divided for better manageability during the re-signing process. Divisions can be identified by the note "Continuation No. ..." or "Continuation of No. ...". Existing page numbers in the title were not adjusted. Numbers 5535-5602 follow number 2814 in the Findbuch, but it should be noted that in the case of the duration information, the entire time frame of the event or topic covered by the file was often given, or in the case of personal units (especially personal files and honorary citizen files) the life data of the person concerned and not the dates of the documents contained. Due to losses during the Second World War, about half of the original stock has been preserved. The collection comprises a total of 5530 units with a running time of 1504 to 1949, with a focus on the period from the beginning of the 19th century to the 1930s. When ordering units, you need the following information: 10 - Unit number If you refer to documents from the inventory, please attach a source reference according to this sample: City Archive Stuttgart - 10 - Number of Unit Further information on the holdings History of the authorities Around 1870 the central administrative and notarial registry of the city of Stuttgart was established, as well as a separate building registry for the building and building police department with the technical offices. The main tasks included the administration of the files, the keeping of diaries with entry of entries and exits, the supervision of appointments, the examination of the newspapers for articles concerning the city administration and the appropriate forwarding of these, as well as the preparation of various lists and the execution of other activities, often not belonging to the direct field of duties. The "administrative registry" and the "building registry" were merged into the "registry" office in 1912 by municipal council resolution. Some of the previous tasks were transferred to other departments of the city administration. Until the 1930s, however, the two registries were kept separate despite the merger. During the gradual departure of the municipal offices from the town hall, the older, no longer needed documents were left there and thus formed the main part of the two registries. History of the holdings In the course of the foundation of the Stuttgart City Archive on 01.10.1928, the existing archive holdings were divided into a historical archive and an administrative archive. The period 1820-1850 was defined as the approximate boundary between the two archives. The administrative archives contained above all the two large registries that had grown up at the head office: firstly, the administrative registry of the city, known in the archives as Depot A, and the building registry, known in the archives as Depot B. These holdings were supplemented in the archives after 1945 by mostly older documents that were thematically related but of a different origin (provenance). These additions were not marked in detail, a reconstruction of the holdings with regard to their origin (according to the provenance principle usual today) would be theoretically possible due to the original file covers which are usually still preserved. The holdings Depot A is thus a kind of thematic collection, in which however 90 documents correspond to the provenance principle. The duration of the collection covers the period from 1504 to 1949, with the focus ranging from the beginning of the 19th century to the middle of the 1930s. The preserved documents of the administrative registry of the city of Stuttgart (Depot A), which was established around 1870, together with the building registry (Depot B), represent the central file on the history of Stuttgart up to approx. 1935. The original registry signatures were largely retained in the archive until 2007 as archive signatures and the signature system for the documents thematically supplemented in the archive (see above) was extended accordingly if required. The depot A comprises the main groups already formed in the registry A. Justice Administration B. Regiminal Administration C. Police Administration D. Church system E. Education F. Care of sociability and entertainment G. Financial administration These are files of all areas of activity of the city administration. After the Second World War, Bruno Lenz ordered and recorded the files of the collection. For this purpose, the files were recorded in the order of the registry with the registry numbers specified in the file plan and a short title taken from the envelope of the respective Federation of Files, without, however, checking the contents of the file. A more detailed property and person index with details of the units was completed by Robert Starnitzki in 1969. This can be seen in the reading room of the city archive, but it refers to the old signatures. Processing of the holdings 2006/2007 The original finding aid book of the holdings Depot A with a total of 5530 units, available in typewritten form in 3 volumes, was transferred from September 2006 to February 2007 to the Augias 8 indexing software by Gerd Lange under the supervision of Sabine Schrag and Christina Wewer. Unusual abbreviations within the original find book were resolved. The following changes were made to the portfolio: New signatures: In preparation for the transfer of the find books, Volker Hauptfleisch resigned the old registry signatures, which continued to be used in the archive and consisted of upper and lower case letters and Roman and Arabic numerals, to simple, consecutive Arabic numerals in the order of the old signatures. In this way, the ordering of files is simplified for the user and confusion is avoided. The original signatures reflected the file plan and/or the table of contents (also classification or systematics) of the existence with its hierarchical and logical stages. Below these logical levels, the units were numbered consecutively in volumes (these were not bound volumes, but a further logical subdivision), and below them again in individual numbers, which represented the actual orderable units. Example: B I, 5, vol. 1 no. 1 The last level (no.) is occasionally divided into further units by lower-case letters. Through the re-signing the signature B I, 5, vol. 1, no. 1 became the signature no. 770. The old signature was noted at each unit. Due to an oversight during the re-signing, a gap of 100 numbers has arisen in the new numbering. The numbers 1281, 2560 to 2659 were not assigned. The number 2559 is therefore directly followed by the number 2660. The number 5233 was also not assigned. In some cases, signatures were assigned twice. Letters were attached to these signatures in order to identify them unambiguously (example: No. 1870 a and No. 1870 b). These letter annexes therefore do not refer to a substantive connection between the units. Units which were lost by other means only after the war losses were marked with the note "missing", partly with the date when the absence was discovered. They will continue to be listed in the search book in order to record which files were originally available. In a few cases, numbers were accidentally assigned to units that no longer existed. The units were also measured during the relocation and the circumference was given in cm (with a few exceptions). The units no. 5535-5602 (old signatures B IX, 1, vol. 1, no. 10a, reg. no. 1 to B IX, 1, vol. 1, no. 10a) already follow the number 2814 in the find book. Revised classification: The classification (table of contents, systematics) was adapted to the same extent as the signatures: instead of combinations of letters and numbers, a hierarchically structured system consisting of Arabic numerals was used. The classification point C VIII 3 d aa became, for example, 03.08.03.04.01. The classification or the table of contents of the original search book is based on the file plan of the administrative registry. In the appendix volume of the inventory all original classification points are contained, in the table of contents of the present finding aid book only those classification points were specified, to which documents exist. Documents that no longer existed were destroyed by the effects of war. The classification points, which are thus no longer occupied by units, are an important indication of what documents were once available in the city administration. Overall, more than half of the classification points are no longer documented. The classification point 01.03.03. Guardianship, inheritance and notary system was supplemented during the software input by further subitems, since in the original find book such a division was already given by headings. December 2008 Christina Wewer See also fonds 13 Hauptaktei (called: Bürgermeisteramt), 1897-1945.

1.1.3.12. · Fonds
Part of Archive of the Hanseatic City of Rostock

Period: 1473 - 1938 Scope: 25.5 linear metres = 924 units of description Cataloguing: ordered and indexed, index (2005) Citation method: AHR, 1.1.3.12. No. ... or AHR, Mayor and Council: Warfare, No. ... Contents: 1st Military Organization General, including shipping in wartime, arrival of an English fleet under Admiral Nelson (1551-1873, 9 VE), city fortifications (1526-1849, 11 VE).- Armament (1488-1852, 16 VE) - War registers (1510-1574, 9 VE) - City soldiers (1510-1850, 11 VE) - City guard, quarters, citizen flags (around 1560-1848, 32 VE) - Citizen guard, flag corps (1847-1873, 21 VE).- war chest, ticket and service money (1625-1864, 14 units) - advertising, desertions (1563-1807, 20 units) - quarters (1665-1930, 9 units) - disputes with military personnel (1744-1858, 10 units).- Mecklenburg Garrison, Füsilierregiment No. 90 (1731-1930, 31 VE) - Mecklenburg Military Affairs (1473-1905, 21 VE) - Military Affairs of the German Reich (1868-1938, 32 VE) - Warnemünde Airfield (1912-1918, 30 VE). 2nd wars Thirty Years War (1613-1670, 74 VE) - Swedish licence duty in Warnemünde after the end of the Thirty Years War (1632-1747, 18 VE) - Swedish wars (1657-1681, 16 VE) - Nordic War (1702-1749, 22 VE).- Imperial execution against Mecklenburg (1719-1741, 4 units) - Seven-year war (1758-1798, 38 units) - Napoleonic wars (1805-1820, 235 units) - Franco-German war (1870-1879, 9 units) - First World War (1913-1922, 232 units). Overview: The fortified wall belt with the city gates and towers provided the city with effective military protection. The citizens were obliged to work fortification, to guard and defend the town, had to pay taxes for military purposes. The craft offices had to provide fixed contingents of crew and weapons for the citizen contingent. In times of war, the armed forces were increased by recruited mercenaries under noble leaders, who were used in particular for foreign undertakings. Since the 16th century, the dukes of Mecklenburg Rostock have contested the sovereignty of the armed forces and sought the right of occupation (ius praesidii). In 1565 Duke Johann Albrecht I succeeded in occupying the town and subjugating it to sovereignty. As a result, the inheritance contract of 21 September 1573 was concluded, which left Rostock the right of occupation, but granted the dukes the right to move into the city with up to 400 men in case of danger. For the defence of the country the formation of mercenaries was planned, Rostock had to provide in this case 400 men and two guns. A number of measures should protect against the looming dangers of the Thirty Years' War. From 1623, the town set up mercenary units and from 1626, in order to pay them and finance their quarters, raised service or ticket money. The urban area was divided into 18 flags. In 1626 the reconstruction of the fortification according to the plans of the Dutch architect Johann van Valckenburg began. Nevertheless, in 1628 the town had to surrender to the troops of the imperial commander Albrecht Wallenstein. In 1631 the dukes of Mecklenburg succeeded in reconquering their country with the help of the Swedish king. In return, the Swedes were granted the duty in Warnemünde. The Swedish entrenchment there was fought over and over again in the changeful constellations of the following period, Rostock was occupied several times by Brandenburg, Danish and Swedish troops. After 1631 the town had set up its own mercenary company again. In 1702 they agreed with the sovereigns on a strength of 50 men. The city militia was to serve together with ducal soldiers. Rostock gave up its occupation right with this settlement, had from now on only a co-occupation right. Since 1715 Duke Karl Leopold tried by force to obtain the full occupation right. It was not until the Convention of 1748 that the disputes could be settled. At first the city held on to the right of co-occupation and its 50 soldiers, but in the inheritance contract of 1788 they renounced it. After 1748 the dukes had begun to station their own regiments in Rostock. Triggered by the Napoleonic wars, a fundamental change in military conditions set in. After Mecklenburg's accession to the Confederation of the Rhine, contingent troops had to be set up according to the conscription system of the French army. This marked the break with the old feudal army and the change to bourgeois military rule. After the victory over Napoleon and the accession of the Grand Duchy of Mecklenburg-Schwerin to the German Confederation, this system was further developed and in 1820 the military obligation for the male population was established. In contrast to the residence cities, the military played a subordinate role in Rostock. The Neue Wache at Blücherplatz, built in 1822/25, was the seat of the ducal city commander. A special feature was the Citizen Guard set up in March 1848, which grew out of the old military organisation of flags. However, the idea of people's armament was lost again in the following flag corps. The military contingent to be provided by Mecklenburg-Schwerin in the German Confederation was strongly oriented towards Prussia, which led in 1868 to the integration into its army. The two battalions in Rostock belonged to the Grand Ducal Fusilier Regiment No. 90 according to the count used from then on. 1876 the garrison hospital was built for the regiment in St.-Georg-Straße, 1890 the barracks in Ulmenstraße were completed (thus the previous quarters were no longer needed), 1914 the machine gun company moved into the barracks in Ulmenstraße. The First World War represented a considerable burden for the population who remained at home, in particular the supply and welfare issues required a great deal of administrative effort. The Warnemünde airfield on Hohe Düne, which had been built since 1913 with the support of the Reichsmarineamt, was used by a seaplane experimental command during the war. In 1919 the Füsilier Regiment No. 90 was demobilized and a battalion of the Infantry Regiment No. 5 of the Reichswehr moved into Rostock as a garrison. In 1935, the Schützen- and Artilleriekaserne for now two battalions of the infantry regiment no. 27 of the Wehrmacht were built in the western city expansion area. Publications: Rogge, W.: Wallenstein and the city of Rostock. A contribution to the special history of the 30-year war. Appendix: The history of Rostock's fortification, in: Meckl. Vol. 51, 1886, pp. 283-350 Koppmann, Karl: The Exercises of the Citizens' Guard, in: Beitr. Rost. 2nd Vol. 1899 H. 2, pp. 93-96 Krause, Karl Ernst Hermann: Rostock's Soldiers in the Thirty Years' War, in: Beitr. Rost. 2nd Vol. 1899 H. 4, S. 75-84 Vorberg, Axel: Die Disziplinar- und Strafreglements der Rostocker Bürgergarde (1848-1853), in: Beitr. Rost. 4th vol. 1905 H. 2, pp. 71-80 Koppmann, Karl: Rostock Artillery, in: Beitr. Rost. Volume 4 1907 H. 3, pp. 43-58 Krause, Karl Ernst Hermann: Rostock in the Seven Years' War, in: Beitr. Rost. 7th vol. 1913, pp. 97-111 Hofmeister, Adolph: Die Brüder Varmeier und die Ermordung des Obristen H.L. von Hatzfeld im Jahre 1631, in: Beitr. Rost. 7th vol. 1913, pp. 81-96 Krause, Ludwig: Schill in Rostock, in: Beitr. Rost. 9th vol. 1915, p. 1-32 Freyenhagen, Walter: The Wehrmacht Relations of the City of Rostock in the Middle Ages, in: Meckl. Vol. 95, vol. 1931, p. 1-102 Bachmann, Friedrich: A plan of the siege of Rostock in 1631 and the fortification of the city since about 1613, in: Beitr. Rost. 18th vol. 1933, p. 5-78 Lorenz, Adolf Friedrich: On the history of the Rostock city fortification (An attempt at reconstruction), in: Beitr. Rost. Vol. 20, 1935, pp. 27-78 Raif, Friedrich Karl: Mercenaries and soldiers of the city of Rostock from the 16th to the 18th century, in: Beitr. Rost. N.F. H. 7 1987, pp. 17-34 Keubke, Klaus-Ulrich: Mecklenburg Military History (1701-1918), Schwerin 2000 (Writings of the Atelier für Porträt- und Historienmalerei, 5) Strahl, Antje: Rostock in the First World War, Berlin 2007 (Kleine Stadtgeschichte, 6) Münch, Ernst: Honorary Doctorate and Audience. Two Rostock Variations on the Theme of Dealing with the French Occupiers in 1807, in: Manke, Matthias / Münch, Ernst (Ed.): Unter Napoleons Adler. Mecklenburg in der Franzosenzeit, S. 207-244 (Publications of the Historical Commission for Mecklenburg. Series B New episode, vol. 2)

A.11-295 · File · 1915
Part of Central Archive of the Pallottine Province

Includes - 25th Anniversary of the Pallottines in Cameroon, 1915- Lectures and Memories- Press Reports Including: - The Pallottines Mission in Cameroon, Lecture by Fr. J. Massmann in Limburg, 1915- Lecture on Cameroon, without author, 1915- "Experiences in Cameroon, 1912-1916", by Karl Schneider, 1948[sic]- "A Journey to Cameroon", without author

Pallottines
2679 · Fonds
Part of Stuttgart City Archive

Brief description: Ulrich Delius and Water Baumeister (1903 - 1971), Photographers Scope: 76 units Contents: Photos: History of photography; Photo Sport company; family portraits; written material: family tree Duration: 1925-1933; 2006 Instructions for use: Individual units cannot be used for conservation reasons. Preface: The estate of Walter Baumeister and Ulrich Delius was donated to the Stuttgart City Archives in November 2006 by Mrs. Inge Eberle-Delius, the daughter of the photographer Ulrich Delius. It contains stereo glass slides with night shots of the Stuttgart Light Festival in 1928, photo albums with family portraits, views of Stuttgart and other places in Baden-Württemberg, and excursions with participants in photo courses, as well as a copy of a family tree of the Baumeister family. Ulrich Delius ran the photo studio Photo-Sport at Büchsenstraße 8 in Stuttgart together with Walter Baumeister (1903 - 1971), a great cousin of the painter Willi Baumeister. In this context, they offered courses for amateur photographers, with whom they undertook excursions to the region around Tübingen and the eastern northern Black Forest. Both had a special interest in monastery architecture. In July 1928 Ulrich Delius married Irma Baumeister, the sister of the painter Walter Baumeister. At this time only his mother-in-law Emma Baumeister, née Vock (5.8.1878 - ca. 1934), was still alive, his father-in-law Erich Baumeister (18.10.1877 - 20.11.1924) had died of blood poisoning after a visit to the barber. Ulrich Delius and Irma Baumeister had six daughters together, the two older ones, Eleonore and Inge, can be seen in some of the children's portraits. Walter Baumeister was married for about ten years to Hede Baumeister, née Oberndorfer (born 1909), with whom he had his son Dieter. The marriage was divorced. The Baumeister and Delius married couple lived together with Emma Baumeister in Sonnenbergstraße 5 b. The late Erich Baumeister had been a partner in a metal goods factory in Büchsenstraße 8, where Ulrich Delius set up the Photo-Sport studio in 1928. Walter Baumeister, who had continued his father's business until then, must have joined the company around 1929, because from 1930 he is named in the address book as managing director of the Photo-Sport company. In October 1929 a branch was opened in Hirschstraße and Breite Straße 2. The Delius family moved to Ludwigsburg around 1932, where Ulrich Delius set up his own photo studio. Walter Baumeister continued the Photo-Sport company until the end of World War II, or at least until the destruction of Stuttgart's city centre in 1944. His extensive camera collection, which he had hidden at a secret location, was confiscated by the Allies after the end of the war because the company's authorized signatory had told them where he was hiding. This also meant the end of the Photo-Sport company. The Baumeister-Delius estate contains photos on the history of photography in Stuttgart. Thus the photos of the excursions of the photo course participants of the company Photo Sport can be regarded as proof for the spreading of the medium photography in large population strata. For a long time photography as a hobby had been unaffordable for many because of the high costs, but after the invention of the 35 mm camera it quickly became popular. Here and there you can see technical tricks like attaching a camera to a hot air balloon for "aerial photos" on photos of excursions of the company Photo-Sport with course participants. The few photographs from the late 1920s that document events such as the 1928 Colonial Conference, a visit to the Sarasani Circus, a zeppelin over Stuttgart, the Hindenburg visit to Stuttgart and military parades are worthy of special mention. The family photos were taken during excursions or on the occasion of birthdays, weddings and Christmas parties. The use of the estate is free of charge. The stereo glass slides with their analog reproductions are locked for use in the reading room. Instead, photo prints are available for viewing in the reading room. Additional digital copies of the glass slides were made. The collection covers the years 1925 to 1933 and 2006 and contains 40 glass slides with reproductions, seven photo albums and one document. Citation style: Stadtarchiv Stuttgart - 2679 - Nachlass Baumeister-Delius - FM 151/lfd. No. Please indicate when ordering: 2679 - Nachlass Baumeister-Delius - FM 151/lfd. No. - Title December 2011 Heike van der Horst

Landesarchiv Baden-Württemberg, Abt. Generallandesarchiv Karlsruhe, 456 F 74 · Fonds · 1871-1919
Part of Landesarchiv Baden-Württemberg, Dept. General State Archive Karlsruhe (Archivtektonik)

28th Cavalry Brigade: The 28th Cavalry Brigade was formed on 01.07.1871 from the former Baden Cavalry Brigade. First the Dragoner regiments 20 and 22 were subordinated to the brigade. From 1890 the brigade was assigned the Dragoner Regiment 21 to replace the retiring Dragoner Regiment 22. At the time of the mobilization the unit with the regiments assigned to it was subordinated to the 6th Cavalry Division. From February to 10 April 1917 the staff was known as the "Brigade Graf Spee". On 21 May 1918 the unit was renamed Kavallerie-Schützen-Kommando 28. The formation was deployed until 03.11.1914 on the western theater of war and afterwards until March 1918 on the eastern theater of war. From April 1918 it was used again in the West. The commanding generals were:1871 to 1875major General of Willisen1875 to 1882major General Count of Lynar1882 to 1883major General of Hänisch1883 to 1885major General of Strantz1885 to 1888major General Edler of Planitz1888 to 1892major General Baron of Schleinitz1892 to 1893major General of Nickischisch1888 to 1892major General of Schleinitz1892 to 1893major General of Nickischisch1882 to 1883major General of Hänisch1883 to 1885major General of Strantz1885 to 1888major General of Planitz1888 to 1892major General Baron of Schleinitz1892 to 1893major General of NickischischRosenegk1893 to 1897 Major General from Rabe1897 to 1900 Major General Count von Klinckowström1900 to 1903 Major General from Hausmann1903 to 1908 Major General from Keller1908 to 1912 Major General Maximilian Alexander Prince from Baden1912 to 1913 Major General from Arnim1913 to 20.09.1916 Major General Udo von Selchow20.09.1916 to 27.02.1918 Colonel Heribert Count of Spee27.02.1918 to 27.09.1918 Colonel Karl Count of Kageneck03.10.1918 to 08.02.1919Lieutenant Colonel Konrad von Stotzingen. The brigade was subordinate to the following units during the war:01.08.1914 to 14.10.19166. Cavalry Division15.10.1916 to 19.11.1916 Reinforced 45th Cavalry Brigade20.11.1916 to 02.02.1917Cavalry Division A03.02.1917 to 10.02.19174th Cavalry Division11.02.1917 to 07.04.19172. Bavarian Landwehr division08.04.1917 to 08.04.19184. Cavalry division09.04.1918 to 18.04.1918301. Infantry division19.04.1918 to 20.05.19184. Cavalry division21.05.1918 to 11.11.19187. cavalry division (starting from June 7. cavalry shooter division). 13. January 1919 in the Free State Baden the new formation of the Baden people's army began with the acceptance of volunteers. As a reaction to the so-called "Spartacus Uprising" in February 1919, the Reich and Badische Volksregierung had further voluntary associations set up at all units in addition to the existing voluntary formations. 29th Cavalry Brigade: The 29th Cavalry Brigade was set up on 01.07.1871 with its official seat in Freiburg. First the Dragoner regiments 14 and 21 were subordinated to the brigade. From 1890 she was assigned the Dragoner Regiment 22 for Dragoner Regiment 21, which was retiring from the federation. In 1899 the office moved from Freiburg to Mulhouse in Alsace. The Hunter Regiment on Horse No. 5 was assigned to the Brigade for the Dragoner Regiment 14 after its establishment in 1908. The Brigade Staff was disbanded during the mobilization in 1914 and was only re-established in January 1919. For this reason there are no files available for the period from August 1914 to December 1918.The commanding generals were:1871 to 1873General major of Reckow1873 to 1881General major August Count of Solms-Wildenfels1881 to 1886General major of Meyerinck1886 to 1890General major of Knesebeck1890 to 1892General major of Diepenbroick-Grüter1892 to 1895 Major General of Lieres and Wilkau1895 to 1898 Major General of Kuhlmay1898 to 1900 Colonel Seederer1900 to 1902 Major General Knight of Longchamps-Berier1902 to 1904 Major-General of Rothkirch and Panthen1904 to 1905 Colonel of Rauch1905 to 1908 Major-General of Koppe1908 to 1910 Major-General of Bernuth1919 to 1913 Major-General of Dumrath1913 to 1914 Colonel of Graevenitz Inspection of the Replacement Escadrillas of the XIV century Army Corps: The replacement escadrilles left behind during the mobilization of the cavalry regiments leaving for the field to ensure the replacement were subject to the inspection of the replacement escadrilles of the XIV Army Corps, which was established analogously to the mobilization plan. The inspection was also responsible for the reserve replacement escadron newly set up during the mobilization, which was, however, dissolved again with the reduction of the cavalry formations in 1917. One of the main tasks of the inspection was to supervise the training and the horse material. In December 1918 the formation was dissolved during the demobilisation. Inventory history: After the end of the war, the files of the staff of the 28th Cavalry Brigade and the inspection of the replacement escadrilles of the XIV Army Corps remained at the settlement office of the Dragoner Regiment 20 as well as the files of the staff of the 29th Cavalry Brigade at the Dragoner Regiment 22. From January 1920, the establishment of an archive of the XIV Army Corps was begun, in which the archives of the settlement offices were brought together. In autumn 1920 the corps archive moved to the infantry barracks in Heilbronn. From January 1921, the Corps Archives entered the portfolio of the Reich Ministry of the Interior under the name Aktenverwaltung XIV, before being incorporated into the Reichsarchiv in Potsdam as the Heilbronn archive branch on April 1, 1921. As a result of the merger of the Heilbronn and Stuttgart branches of the Reich Archives, the holdings were transferred to Stuttgart in 1924. The Württembergische Archivdirektion, which took over the administration of the holdings of the Army Archives Stuttgart after the end of the Second World War, handed over the XIV Army Corps to the General State Archives Karlsruhe in the years 1947 to 1949. A very detailed history of the holdings is contained in the foreword of the Deputy General Command of the XIV Army Corps (holdings 456 F 8). 64 fascicles with a volume of 1.50 bibliographical references are included in the holdings: Die Badener im Weltkrieg 1914/18, edited by Wilhelm Müller-Loebnitz, Karlsruhe 1935.German Military History in six volumes 1648-1939, edited by the Militärgeschichtlichen Forschungsamt Freiburg, Munich 1983.Fenske, Hans: Die Verwaltung im Ersten Weltkrieg, in: Deutsche Verwaltungsgeschichte, vol. 3, Stuttgart 1984, p. 866-908.Fischer, Joachim: Zehn Jahre Militärarchiv des Hauptstaatsarchivs Stuttgart, in: Zeitschrift für Württembergische Landesgeschichte 37 (1978), p. 362-368.Jäger, Harald: Das militärische Archivgut in der Bundesrepublik für die Zeit von 1871 bis 1919, in: Militärgeschichtliche Mitteilungen 1968/2, S. 135-138.Overview of the holdings of the Hauptstaatsarchiv Stuttgart, edited by Joachim Fischer (published by the Staatliche Archivverwaltung Baden-Württemberg, vol. 31), Stuttgart 1983.