building

Elements area

Taxonomy

Code

Scope note(s)

    Source note(s)

    Display note(s)

      Equivalent terms

      building

      • UF edifice
      • UF batiment
      • UF bâtisse
      • UF buildings

      Associated terms

      building

        25 Archival description results for building

        2 results directly related Exclude narrower terms
        2.3.2.41 · Fonds
        Part of Bavarian State Archives (Archivtektonik)

        Mit Verordnung vom 1. März 1808 ging das bisher von den Fürsten von Thurn und Taxis als Reichsregal ausgeübte bayerische Postwesen an das neue Königreich Bayern mit allen Rechten und Pflichten über. Zwar wurden einige ehemals fürstliche Organisationsstrukturen zunächst in die bayerische Staatspost mit übernommen, jedoch fügte man die neue Postverwaltung sehr schnell in die bereits unter dem Reformminister Freiherrn Maximilian Graf von Montgelas geschaffene hierarchische dreistufige Behördenstruktur ein. 1. Behördengeschichte Auf zentraler Ebene wurde die Postverwaltung dem Außenministerium zugewiesen. Als Ersatz für die in Regensburg angesiedelte Generaldirektion der Posten gründete man am 16.9.1808 als unmittelbar dem Außenministerium zugeordnete Postbehörde die Generaldirektion der Posten (später Postsektion), die 1817 von der Generaladministration der Posten abgelöst wurde. Während die Postsektion die inneren Angelegenheiten der neuen bayerischen Staatspost regelte und als vorgesetzte Behörde für die Oberpostämter fungierte, die in ihrer Zuständigkeit immer wieder den neuen Gebietserwerbungen (1810 Salzburg, 1814 Würzburg) angepasst wurden, war das Außenministerium für alle grundsätzlichen Angelegenheiten der Post nach innen und außen als höchste Instanz zuständig. Anlässlich einer Neuorganisation der bayerischen Ministerialverfassung, kam das Postwesen, "welches Teile des Staatsvermögens verwaltet", als fiskalische Einnahmequelle zusammen mit allen anderen wesentlichen Einrichtungen für Staatseinnahmen von 1826 bis 1832 zum Finanzministerium. Diese Zuordnung wurde aber bereits zum 1. Januar 1832 wieder zugunsten des Außenministeriums verändert und bevor das Postwesen von 1848 bis 1871 zum am 1. Dezember 1848 neu gegründeten Ministerium für Handel und öffentliche Arbeiten kam, unterstand es noch einmal in den Jahren 1847 bis 1848 für knapp zwei Jahre dem Finanzministerium. Im Handelsministerium vereinigten sich erstmals die behördlichen Zuständigkeiten für das rasch wachsende Eisenbahnnetz in Bayern, die ebenfalls seit 1848 stärker expandierende Postverwaltung und die beginnende Telegraphentechnik. Dem Handelsministerium war allerdings keine allzu lange Lebensdauer beschert und mit dessen Auflösung am 1. Januar 1872 kam die Staatspost mit allen nach geordneten Behörden erneut zum Ressort des Außenministeriums. Mittlerweile kümmerte sich die bayerische Staatspostverwaltung zusätzlich zur bereits etablierten Telegraphentechnik um die flächendeckende Einrichtung von Telefonanlagen. Aufgrund der raschen Ausdehnung der modernen Verkehrs- und Kommunikationstechniken vereinigte man am 1. Januar 1904 schließlich das gesamte Verkehrswesen einschließlich der Post im neu geschaffenen Bayerischen Verkehrsministerium I (MV I). Die grundsätzliche Zuständigkeit des Außenministeriums für das Postwesen endet mit diesem Datum, wenngleich insbesondere hinsichtlich der Beziehungen zu den anderen Staaten des Deutschen Reiches und zum Ausland auch weiterhin in diesem gegenüber dem königlichen Haus und nach außen mit umfassender Zuständigkeit ausgestatteten Ministerium Angelegenheiten der Post bearbeitet wurden. Nach der Verreichlichung des gesamten Bahn- und Postwesens im Jahr 1920 und der damit verbundenen Auflösung des Verkehrsministeriums zum 1. April 1920, war für das Postwesen auf Länderebene jetzt das Ministerium für Handel, Industrie und Gewerbe (1919-1928) und dessen Nachfolgebehörden zuständig: zunächst das Wirtschaftsministerium (1933 bis 1945), dann das zweite bayerische Verkehrsministerium (MV II) (1946-1952) und ab 1952 wieder das Wirtschaftsministerium. 2. Bestandsgeschichte und archivische Bearbeitung Der hier erstmals provenienzgerecht rekonstruierte Bestand zum Postwesen setzt sich aus zwei Teilen zusammen: 1. Akten des ehemaligen OPD-Archivs und aus dem Bestand Handelsministerium (Repertorium MH 5) Der erste Teil besteht zu einem kleineren Anteil aus Archivalien, die bisher nicht provenienzgerecht im Repertorium MH 5: Verkehrswesen innerhalb des Archivbestandes Handelsministerium (MH) erschlossen waren (275 Akteneinheiten) und durchgehend der Provenienz Außenministerium (MA) zuzuordnen sind. Wichtig ist in diesem Zusammenhang, dass die Laufzeiten dieser Postakten auch außerhalb der oben genannten eigentlichen Zuständigkeitszeiträume des Außenministeriums liegen. Der größere Teil des ersten Findbuchabschnitts entstammt mit insgesamt 1056 Akten dem ehemaligen Archiv der Oberpostdirektion München (OPD-Archiv oder auch Postarchiv) und zwar den OPD-Verzeichnissen 2, 6, 7 und 19. Die Entstehung des Postarchivs der Oberpostdirektion München steht im Zusammenhang mit der Tätigkeit der kurz nach der Verreichlichung der Post im Jahr 1920 gegründeten Gesellschaft zur Erforschung der Bayerischen Postgeschichte. Im Jahr 1922 entstand diese Gesellschaft in enger personeller und sachlicher Anlehnung an das für Bayern zuständige Referat 7 bzw. (ab 1924) 6 des Reichspostministeriums, das im ehemaligen von dem Architekten Karl Hocheder erbauten bayerischen Verkehrsministerium in der Arnulfstraße installiert war. Dort lagerten seit 1907 in den Speichern und Kellern des großen Komplexes viele seit der Gründung der bayerischen Staatspost immer wieder aufgrund veränderter Zuständigkeiten fort geführte Post-Registraturen der unterschiedlichen bayerischen Ministerien und Zentralbehörden. Das Interesse der Gesellschaft zur Erforschung der bayerischen Postgeschichte richtete sich grundsätzlich auf alle Archivalien mit Bezug auf das bayerische Postwesen, so auch auf die reponierten Registraturarchive der bayerischen Staatspost im Reichspostministerium in München. Man begann die Akten zu erfassen und auszuwerten und rettete sie im Jahr 1945 zusammen mit den nach 1920 entstandenen Beständen des Reichspostministeriums nach der kriegsbedingten teilweisen Zerstörung des ehemaligen Verkehrsministeriums in die Räume der ebenfalls in der Arnulfstraße untergebrachten Oberpostdirektion München. Dort entstand zusammen mit den dort bereits verwahrten alten Beständen des ehemaligen Oberpostamts und der Oberpostdirektion München ein behördenübergreifendes Spartenarchiv für das bayerische Postwesen. Nach mehreren Umzügen des OPD-Archivs innerhalb Münchens erfolgte im Jahr 1985 die Auflösung dieses behördlichen Spartenarchivs mit dem Ziel, die Bestände nach ihren unterschiedlichen Provenienzen aufzuteilen und zu erschließen. Alle reichsbehördlichen Provenienzen (Verzeichnisse 14 und 17) wurden direkt an das Bundesarchiv abgegeben. Die Unterlagen der bayerischen Mittel- und Zentralbehörden sowie der Ministerien kamen zunächst ins Staatsarchiv München. Dort wurden die in "Verzeichnisse" gegliederten Akten analysiert und je nach Provenienz an die Staatsarchive Augsburg und Nürnberg sowie schließlich das Bayerische Hauptstaatsarchiv im Jahr 1999 abgegeben. 2. Akten zum Postwesen aus den Repertorien 1-40 des Außenministeriums (virtuelle Ergänzung) Im zweiten Teil (Gliederungspunkt: Außenministerium, Bde. 1-38) ist dem vorliegenden Findbuch eine nach aufsteigenden Nummern erstellte virtuelle Übersicht derjenigen Postakten hinzugefügt worden, die nicht als stabile Registraturkörper in das OPD-Postarchiv gelangt sind, sondern in den Registraturen des Außenministeriums verblieben und zu unterschiedlichen Zeitpunkten an das ehemalige Geheime Staatsarchiv in München ausgesondert wurden. Die im Jahr 1999 an das Bayerische Hauptstaatsarchiv abgegebenen circa 14.000 Akten der für die Post zuständigen Zentralbehörden sowie der Ministerien wurden in den Jahren 2004 bis 2011 vollständig nach Provenienzen analysiert und in einer FAUST-Datenbank der Staatlichen Archive Bayerns erfasst. Die Analyse- und Erschließungsarbeiten der Akten für das vorliegende Repertorium leistete Edeltraud Weber, bei der Erfassung unterstützt von Dr. Ulrike Claudia Hofmann und den Praktikanten Astrid Riedler und Nina Siegert. Eine zunächst ins Auge gefasste Überlegung, die zwischen 1808 und 1904 entstandenen Ministerialakten, die eindeutig den Charakter einer stabilen Registratur aufweisen (gleiche Zuständigkeit, Beibehaltung von Aktenordnungen, weitergeführte Akten zum Teil über mehrere Ministerialzuständigkeiten hinweg, durchlaufende Bandserien) in einem Bestand zusammenzufassen, wurden nach Abwägung der Vor- und Nachteile zugunsten einer strengen Provenienzbildung für alle für das Postwesen zuständigen Ministerien aufgegeben. 3. Gliederung, Inhalt, Querverweise und Literatur Die innere sachthematische Gliederung des Findbuchs, die von einem Orts- und Personenregister ergänzt wird, lehnt sich nur teilweise an die alten, in den fast 100 Jahren der wechselnden Zuständigkeiten, mehrfach veränderten Registraturordnungen an. Insgesamt wurde nach heute angewandten Grundsätzen und im Zusammenhang mit den zu erwartenden Inhalten der anderen provenienzreinen Bestände aus dem OPD-Postarchiv strukturiert. Alte Registratur- und Archivsignaturen sowie Anmerkungen zu übergreifenden Bestandszusammenhängen sind aus Gründen der Erhaltung der besonderen Bestandsgeschichte des Postarchivs in der FAUST-Datenbank so weit wie möglich festgehalten und können dort eingesehen werden. Alte Ortsnamen wurden entsprechend den Erschließungsrichtlinien der Staatlichen Archive Bayerns im Betreff beibehalten und im Ortsnamenregister in die heutige Schreibweise umgewandelt. Das Außenministerium befasste sich in erster Linie, wie bereits erwähnt, mit dem internationalen Post- und Telegraphenverkehr, Postverträgen und Postverbindungen über Bayern hinaus mit den Nachbar-, Bundes-, später Reichsstaaten und dem nahen und fernen Ausland. Nach innen behielt es sich aber auch im Benehmen mit seinen Zentralbehörden das letzte Wort vor bei Postverordnungen, der grundsätzlichen Ausgestaltung der Posttarife, der Einteilung der Postbezirke auf mittel- und unterbehördlicher Ebene, der Errichtung und Schließung von Poststationen, Postverbindungen und Postdistanzen, in Angelegenheiten der Postregie (Briefgeheimnis, Reklamationen, Dienstvergehen) und des Personal-, Witwen und Armenwesens sowie in Angelegenheiten der militärischen Post- und Telegraphennutzung (Feldpost). Entsprechend dieser Zuständigkeit findet sich in diesem Findbuch ein Querschnitt der inneren und äußeren Postorganisation Bayerns bis zum Jahr 1904. Neben der grundsätzlichen Neuorganisation der Post im Rahmen des Übergangs der Post der Fürsten von Thurn und Taxis und mehrerer mediatisierter Erwerbungsgebiete an den bayerischen Staat, schlagen sich im Bestand technische Neuerungen in der Telegraphen- und Kraftposttechnik (Postkutschen, Eilwägen, Eisenbahnwesen, Telefon, Rohrpost, Motorpost) ebenso nieder wie die Anfänge und die Einbindung Bayerns in den internationalen Post- und Telegraphenvereinen, die Konferenzen dieser Organisationen und die mit mehreren oder einzelnen Ländern und Bundesstaaten ausgearbeiteten Vertragswerke. Die Vertragspartner reichen dabei von den Nachbarstaaten bis nach Übersee und Asien. Neben zahlreichen Einzelfallakten zur Errichtung von Post- und Telegraphenstationen und über die Gewährung von Portofreiheiten und Postkutschenfreifahrten, die im 19. Jahrhundert einen breiten Raum in der Postorganisation einnahm, finden sich grundsätzliche Informationen zum Tax-, Porto- und Tarifwesen und zum Postsparkassen- und Postscheckverkehr, der vor allem nach dem Beitritt Bayerns zum Reich ausgebaut wurde. Unter den Archivalien zur von der Post durchgeführten Zeitungsspedition finden sich auch Informationen über verbotene und zensierte Druckschriften sowie als Akten-Beilagen einige Erstausgaben von Zeitungen. Die Einrichtung der ersten Telefonanlagen in Ludwigshafen und München in den Jahren 1882 bis 1883 ist dementsprechend im Bestand dokumentiert. Viele dieser Aktengruppen und auch Bandserien setzen sich entsprechend der wechselnden Zuständigkeiten auf Ministerialebene beim Finanz- Handels- und Verkehrsministerium fort oder werden später bei den immer wichtiger werdenden Post- und Telegraphenzentralbehörden fortgeführt (Stationsakten vor allem bei der Direktion und der Generaldirektion der Posten und Telegraphen). Dies gilt es, vor allem bei ortsbezogenen Forschungen zu beachten. Aufgrund der vielen Bearbeiter und der Größe des Gesamtbestandes weist das Findbuch unterschiedliche Verzeichnungsintensitäten und Betreffsformulierungen auf, deren redaktionelle Angleichung nicht immer möglich war. Das Findbuch enthält Verweise auf Vor- und Nachbände, so weit dies rekonstruierbar war. Weitere Bestände zum Postwesen im Bayerischen Hauptstaatsarchiv: - MA 40: Postsektion beim Außenministerium (Generalpostdirektion 1808-1817) Zentralbehörden - Generaladministration der Posten 1 (1818-1847) - Generaldirektion der Verkehrsanstalten 1 (1868-1886) - MF 30: Postwesen (1826-1832, 1847-1848) - MH 8: Postwesen (1848-1871) - MV I 1:Postwesen (1904-1920) - Generaldirektion der Posten und Telegraphen 1 (1886-1907) - Fiskalat der Verkehrsanstalten 1 (1851-1905) Bundesarchiv: Fast alle ministeriellen Unterlagen ab dem Jahr 1912 liegen im Bundesarchiv in den Abteilungen für das Deutsche Reich in Berlin und für die Bundesrepublik in Koblenz. Literaturauswahl: Rückblick auf das erste Jahrhundert der Königlich Bayerischen Staatspost: 1. März 1808 - 31. Dezember 1908: mit einer Darstellung der Entwicklung des staatlichen Telegraphen- und Telephonwesens bis in die Gegenwart, hrsg. von der Königlich Bayerischen Post- und Telegraphenverwaltung, Staatsministerium für Verkehrsangelegenheiten, München 1909. Kalesse, Claudia: Postagenten, Schwarzsender und Sommerreisen. Geschichte der Post in Schwaben zwischen 1808 und 1945, Augsburg 2003. Karl-Heinz Friedrich: Der Bestand R 4701 Reichspostministerium, Teil 1: Geschichte und Aufgaben der Post, in: Mitteilungen aus dem Bundesarchiv, Heft /2010, 18. Jahrgang. Karin Amtmann: Post und Politik von 1808 bis 1850. Der Weg der königlich-bayerischen Staatspost in den Deutsch-Österreichischen Postverein, in: Miscellanea Bavarica Monacensia, hrsg. von Richard Bauer und Ferdinand Kramer, Bd.. 181, München 2006. Joachim Helbig: Bayerische Postgeschichte 1806-1870. Grundlagen zur Interpretation altdeutscher Briefe, München 1991. Transportieren, Telegraphieren, Telefonieren - Pionierleistungen der Bayerischen Staatspost. Eine Ausstellung des Bayerischen Hauptstaatsarchivs. Bearbeitung und Konzeption: Edeltraud Weber, mit einem Vorwort von Gerhard Hetzer. Staatliche Archive Bayerns (Hrsg.), Kleine Ausstellung Nr. 45, Neustadt a .d. Aisch 2014, 116 S. * Verordnungsblatt und Anzeigenblatt der königlich bayerischen Verkehrsanstalten, München

        Landesarchiv Baden-Württemberg, Abt. Hauptstaatsarchiv Stuttgart, Q 3/32 · Fonds · 19./20. Jh.
        Part of Landesarchiv Baden-Württemberg, Dept. Main State Archives Stuttgart (Archivtektonik)

        Paul Klunzinger was born on 26 May 1828 in Güglingen as the son of Karl Klunzinger (1799-1861) and Sophie Koch (1808-1847). After attending the Polytechnic School in Stuttgart (1842-1848/49), he emigrated via Italy to Austria, where from January 1850 he worked as an engineer for railway constructions in various projects. In the 1880s, Paul Klunzinger increasingly turned to hydraulic engineering and, in this context, participated in the preparation of expert reports and expert opinions. Among the projects in which he participated as an engineer or expert are the Klagenfurt - Villach railway line, the Raab - Budapest railway line and a project on the curvature of the Vienna River. The children Henriette (1854), Paul (Pál) ( 1858), Helene (1860), Richard (1865), Walther ( 1868) and Otto (1872) are descended from the marriage with Anna Mauch (wedding in the year 1854). Paul followed in his father's footsteps and became an architect; Richard became a doctor in Steyr. Her uncle, Paul's younger brother Karl Benjamin Klunzinger (1834-1914), made a name for himself as a doctor and zoologist. Before he became Professor of Zoology, Anthropology and Hygiene at the Polytechnic in Stuttgart in 1884, he had spent several years as a doctor in the Egyptian town of Al-Qusair (Koseir). Like his brother and his children, he always remained attached to his homeland. The family archive Klunzinger/Koch/Mauch was transferred by Dr. Anton Schimatzek from Vienna to the main state archive Stuttgart in 1988. Contents and evaluation Paul Klunzinger and his professional activity as a railway engineer and expert in questions of hydraulic engineering are at the centre of the tradition. In addition to private documents on him and his family, the collection also contains sketches and calculations from various construction projects, including the curvature of the Vienna River and the design of the Vienna Danube Canal. The private documents consist of letters, poems, drawings, family memories and genealogical documents such as family trees and "ancestor passports". They span several generations and provide insights into the family cohesion of a family originally from Swabia who succeeded in the Habsburg Monarchy in the 19th and 20th centuries, and they reflect the political, social and cultural moods of their time. Documents on the activities of Paul Klunzinger, who became a municipal architect in Budapest and was involved in the planning of the Erzsébet-kilátó (Elisabeth Lookout Tower), are kept in the Budapest Föváros Levéltára archive.

        Stadtarchiv Worms, 186 · Fonds
        Part of City Archive Worms (Archivtektonik)

        Inventory description: Abt. 186 Familienarchiv Leonhard von Heyl/Nonnenhof (Dep.) Scope: 307 archive boxes; one box with oversized formats; 2.5 linear metres with flat and rolled oversized formats (= 2165 units of registration = 33 linear metres, incl. film rolls, photo negatives, etc.) Duration: 1760 - 1985 Take-over and distortion According to a note from Dr. At the end of June 2002, Mathilde Grünewald (Museum der Stadt Worms) became known to the municipal archives that the owner of the Heylschen Gutes Nonnenhof (Bobenheim), Dr. Ludwig von Heyl, was interested in handing over the family archive of his uncle Leonhard von Heyl (1924-1983) to the municipal archives. Dr. Grünewald presented the archive with an overview of the material stored in the Forsthaus Nonnenhof, which she had prepared during a visit to the storage rooms. The archive then contacted Dr. von Heyl and agreed to conclude a deposit agreement with the usual provisions (retention of title, etc.). In the first half of August 2002, the City Archives, headed by Dr. Gerold Bönnen and Mrs. Margit Rinker-Olbrisch, Dipl.-Archivarin (FH), sifted through the documents stored in two rooms of the forester's lodge that was to be renovated, signed and recorded the first part directly on site (input as a Word list, title entry/term determination of approx. 800 units of registration) and prepared it for transport. All the materials, a large part of which were stored in files, the rest either loose (in boxes) or as folders, were taken to the city archives on August 9, 2002, the listed part was placed directly in the cellar of the Ernst-Ludwig-Schule, the unlisted documents were sent to the Raschi-Haus for further processing, including approx. 15 35mm film rolls, photographs (negatives and prints), maps and plans. Margit Rinker-Olbrisch recorded the remaining documents including a classification and an index (see below) in the period from August 2002 to April 2003. The total volume of the documents amounts to approx. 40 linear metres (1806 units of distortion). With a few exceptions (account statements, statements of account, printed circulars), no cassations were made. In spring/summer 2010, the existing documents, which had only been included in the Word list in August 2002 with a file title and running time (approx. 800 numbers), were subsequently indexed. They have now been recorded in greater depth, in order to be included in the work on Heyl's anthology "Die Wormser Industriellenfamilie von Heyl. Public and private activities between bourgeoisie and nobility" as sources for further evaluation. At the same time, the blocking periods were changed or lifted in accordance with the requirements of the State Archives Act for Rhineland-Palatinate, which was amended in September 2010. Classification Since the documents did not show any internal order when they were accepted, a classification was developed in the course of the processing of the material which endeavours to reflect the essential content focal points and different personal connections and provenances on the part of the family members involved. It was not always possible to separate family and private affairs from the closely interwoven business affairs of the company or companies and their financial implications. The boundaries in the classification are therefore often less sharp than the outline might suggest. In addition, some of the documents were recorded relatively quickly on site before the takeover at a lesser depth than others; in particular, the documents on Leonhard von Heyl and the history of the Nonnenhof were generally less intensively catalogued than the actual older records on the company and family. Contents, value and significance The 186 Department is divided into three main parts of approximately equal size: 1. the personal estate of Leonhard von Heyl (personal and study documents, correspondence, activities in associations and committees, including the Wormser Altertumsverein (chair 1966-1983), agricultural organisations and the Palatine Landeskirche). The period of this part of the documents lies between about 1940 and the death in 1983 with few pieces of the time shortly after. 2. documents on the development of the Nonnenhof near Bobenheim, which has been family-owned since the 19th century, and its management, with a focus on the period from around 1920 to 1960. 3. documents on the history of the von Heyl family, including Cornelius Wilhelm von Heyl (1843-1923), including part of his estate, which had previously been believed to be lost, with a high value for questions of politics, patronage, public activity and economic activity. Of particular value are various archival indexes of the time after the death of 1923 (no. 582, typewritten, approx. 80 p., apparently incompletely preserved), compiled after the successful indexing and arrangement of the files found in the private archives of Freiherr Dr. von Heyl zu Herrnsheim, November 1928, thus available in the archive 2827 folders in 14 groups; no. 820; no. 821; no. 1272 hs. lineup). Cornelius Wilhelm's wife Sophie née Stein (1847-1915) is the subject of numerous documents, including further archival records on the history of the Stein family of bankers in Cologne. Of particular value are documents on Cornelius Wilhelm's brother General Maximilian von Heyl (1844-1925) and his wife Doris (1848-1930), including numerous files on the Heylshof Darmstadt and their patronage activities in Worms and Darmstadt, as well as correspondence. For the aforementioned personalities, the collection contains extremely valuable archival material that places our knowledge of the history of the family and its manifold effects and activities in the fields of politics and art, public and economic life - especially in the field of art conservation - on a much broader footing. Extensive material provides information about the family's internal disputes and conflicts; a great deal of correspondence provides deep insights into the personal interdependencies and contacts of the widely ramified family. The distinctive self-stylisation and self-portrayal of the family and its relatives occupies a special position, for which the collection contains extensive material. The original photographs (mainly glass plates with private photos of the family of Ludwig Freiherrn von Heyl, 1886-1962) were partly taken over by the photo department and remain there (cf. Dept. 186 No. 1707). The 35mm films belonging to Heyl-Liebenau's 1944 film project are currently in the Federal Archive in Berlin, where they are to be digitized. The oldest documents in the collection date back to about 1720. The main focus of the tradition lies in the period from approx. 1880 to approx. 1930. Conservation status and usability To a small extent, the documents are affected by the effects of moisture; some are very fragile and endangered copy paper, some (K) of which has been replaced by legible photocopies (No. 53, 960, 962, 963, 967, 968, 979, 980, 984 -986, 993, 1027, 1060 (K), 1079 (K), 1080 (K), 1094 (K), 1102-1104 (K), 1115, 1198). For reasons of data protection, part of the documents relating to Leonhard Freiherr von Heyl (tax matters, personal documents) is blocked from use; the same applies to the private interests of some other family members. In case of doubt, the archive is obliged to contact the owner. Related and complementary archive departments in the City Archives First and foremost are to be mentioned here: - 170/26 Family von Heyl - 180/1 Heylsche Lederwerke Liebenau - 185 Family and Company Archives Ludwig Cornelius Freiherr von Heyl (Depositum) With the latter stock the Dept. 186 shows very close interdependencies; the extensive documents located here are pleasingly supplemented. (for further information see the stock overview of the city archives) Literature The Worms industrial family of Heyl. Public and private work between bourgeoisie and nobility, edited by Gerold BÖNNEN and Ferdinand WERNER, Worms 2010 (538 p., approx. 600 illustrations, basic anthology on various aspects, including contribution on the estates and their indexing by Margit Rinker-Olbrisch) BÖNNEN, Gerold (Bearb.), Das Stadtarchiv Worms und seine Bestände, Koblenz 1998 (Publications of the Landesarchivverwaltung Rheinland-Pfalz 79) (p. 39f) (p. 39f), pp. 173-178 with further lit.) KRIEGBAUM, Günther, Die parlamentarische Tätigkeit des Freiherrrn C. W. Heyl zu Herrnsheim, Meisenheim 1962 (Mainzer Abhandlungen zur mittlere und Neueren Geschichte 9) KÜHN, Hans, Politischer, wirtschaftlicher und sozialer Wandel in Worms 1798-1866 unter besonderer Berücksichtigung der Veränderungen in der Bestellung, den Funktionen und der Zusammensetzung der Gemeindevertretung, Worms 1975 (Der Wormsgau, supplement 26) Stiftung Kunsthaus Heylshof. Critical catalogue of the collection of paintings, edited by Wolfgang SCHENKLUHN, Worms 1992 (including: Klaus HANSEMANN, Der Heylshof: Unternehmerschloß und Privatmuseum, p. 1950; Judith BÜRGEL, "Da wir beide Liebhaberei an Antiquitäten besitzt". On the Collection of Paintings by Cornelius Wilhelm and Sophie von Heyl, pp. 51-71) Dr. Gerold Bönnen/Margit Rinker-Olbrisch Worms, June 2003 / October 2010 Supplement In February 2014, Dr. Ludwig v. Heyl (Nonnenhof) drew attention to newly found documents which were still stored in the so-called Försterbau from the property of his uncle Leonhard. The pieces were sighted on 27 February by Mrs. Margit Rinker-Olbrisch and archive director Dr. Gerold Bönnen and taken over for the most part to supplement the collection of Dept. 186. Mrs. Rinker-Olbrisch completed the indexing by the end of March. 129 new VE (of which 17 sub-numbers) were added to the inventory of Dept. 186. The material, partly large format, includes written material, numerous photographs (also albums) and graphics. Four pieces clearly belonging to Ludwig C. von Heyl or his son of the same name were incorporated into the collection of Dept. 185 (family and company archive Ludwig C. Freiherr von Heyl). However, individual archival records concerning Ludwig C. von Heyl, which Leonhard von Heyl had integrated into his holdings, were also left in this context and added to the classification group for Ludwig C. von Heyl and his wife Eva-Marie von Heyl née von der Marwitz in Dept. 186. Among the new additions were newspaper editions (several times) of the decease, the funeral ceremonies and the funeral of Cornelius Wilhelm Freiherr von Heyl zu Herrnsheim ( 1923) as well as a Bible and a hymnal from the possession of Alice von Heyl (1881-1969), the latter having a leather binding designed by Otto Hupp (Dept. 186 No. 1805). It is pleasing to note that with the takeover of the company and visiting books (beginning in 1894-1899, followed by Lücke until 1909, ending in 1914; Abt. 186 Nr. 1806-1809), information about the social life at Heylshof Worms, Schloss Herrnsheim and hunting societies could be added to the collection. Important for the reconstruction of the former archive of C. W. von Heyl is the extensive almost complete archive directory (Dept. 186 No. 1813), which together with the already existing few parts (Dept. 186 No. 582) is now complete. Furthermore an album is to be emphasized in the character of a family book, which Cornelius Wilhelm von Heyl had been given by his parents and contains entries of relatives, friends etc. in particular from the time of his stay in the Institut der Herrnhuter Brüdergemeine in Neuwied (Dept. 186 No. 1829; running time 1856-1859). Individual pieces of the archival documents taken over wear decorative leather covers, here two are to be emphasized. On the one hand there is a "Photographisches Album von Sehensüwrdigkeiten der Stadt Worms" (1881; Dept. 186 No. 1880), which was probably published in connection with the consecration of the museum in the Paulusstift at that time, and on the other hand a photo album "Zur Erinnerung an den Fackelzug 8. April 1886" on the occasion of the elevation to the nobility (Dept. 186 No. 1881) with numerous group photographs (different groups of persons from the leather factory), made by the Worms photographer Fritz Winguth. Besides there are photo albums of Sophie von Heyl (1918-1980) from her stay in the women's school Metgethen (near Königsberg) and in the deaconess institution in Halle, vacation among other things and albums of Leonhard von Heyl. He also took over series of correspondence with letters to his parents. They begin in his childhood (from 1932), cover his war and study years and end in 1959. Of the large-format pieces (photographs, graphics), a large-format photograph of the Heylshof in Darmstadt stands out, some of which is covered with a drawing for a planned, generous but not executed extension (Dept. 186 No. 1894). This sketch could have been made by the architect Gabriel von Seidl. C. Battenfeld drew in detail various sculptures and building elements which can presumably be assigned to the Heylshof Darmstadt (a large-format sheet, Dept. 186 No. 1894). Margit Rinker-Olbrisch Worms, April 2014

        Fenchel, Tobias (1849-1910)
        RMG 1.617 a-f · File · 1876-1911
        Part of Archive and Museum Foundation of the VEM (Archivtektonik)

        1877-1910 in Keetmanshoop, s.a. RMG 1.420 for a life picture; letters, station reports, conference and travel reports, 1876-1910; life sketch d. Chief Fredrik Willem, Tseib/Keetmanshoop; The beginnings of the mission in Greater Namaqualand and the first martyrs in it, 12 p., hs, 1885; Versuch e. Hausordnung d. Evangelistenschule zu Keetmanshoop, 1888; draft e. Programme for admission to the Evangelist School, 1888; Festvereinicht über d. Kirchweihe zu Keetmanshoop, with 2 drawings, views of the New Church and the Mission House, 1895; Briefe d. Evangelists Paulus Platje: Request for Tobias Fenchel to return, 1896/1897; Letters of the Evangelists Paulus Platje: In the Name of the Suffering People of Velschoendrager, 1899; Letters of the Evangelist Paulus Platje: Report about the work in Khoes, 1899; Report about the e. school examination in Keetmanshoop, 1898; Letter of Captain Hans Henrick with the urgent request for e. missionary for the Velschoendrager in Khoes, 1899; Meta Holzapfel, née Brill to Mrs. Anna Fenchel, née. Bröder: Description of the murder of Ludwig Holzapfel, 1904; letter of appreciation from the governor for school in Keetmanshoop, 1905; Proclamation from General von Trotha to the rebellious Namas tribes, 1905; My thoughts concerning the establishment of industrial schools under the Hottentots after the war, 12 p..., hs., 1906; Major Maerker and Lieutenant Colonel von Estorff to Tobias Fenchel, 1907; obituaries for Tobias Fenchel, 1910/1911;

        Rhenish Missionary Society
        ALMW_II._MB_1899_20 · File · 1899
        Part of Francke's Foundations in Halle

        Author: From letters from Miss. Clean in Kitwi. Scope: p. 364-370. Includes, among other things: - (SW: accommodation first with the village elder Simba; journey to Kitwi; English official Russel; search for a building site; about the inhabitants; arrangement of the farmsteads; first service on Mulango; house construction) Darin: map "The stations Ikutha and Kitwi in Ukamba.

        Leipziger Missionswerk
        Georg Cleve (1866-1914)

        Diary entries, 1896-1898; Personal letters, mainly to P. Bodelschwingh, 1896-1899; Curriculum vitae, transcripts of certificates, contract of service, 1896; postcard of buildings of the EMDOA in East Africa, 1899; "German or Latin writing in the German colonies? Article by Cleve, 1900; "Die Auffassung der Neger Deutsch-Ostafrikas von den Krank-heitsztänden von Cleve, Sonderdruck aus der Deutschen Kolonialzeitung, 1899; Übersicht über die literarischen Arbeiten u. praktischen Fähigkeiten Cleves, 1902; Termination of the employment contract with EMDOA, 1902

        Evangelical Missionary Society for German East Africa
        Gustav Schuttkus (1895-?)

        Correspondence for admission to the Bethel Theological School, 1929-1930; curriculum vitae, vows of secondment and instructions, 1931; correspondence and circulars from Africa, 1931-1932; testimony for Gustav Schuttkus, u. Correspondence for professional future, 1932; testimony for Hertha Haarmann, married Schuttkus; correspondence with sister Hertha Haarmann, 1929-1934; letters and photos from Nova Breslau in South America, 1934-1953

        Evangelical Missionary Society for German East Africa
        Harzer Estate (Title)
        NL Harzer · Fonds
        Part of Kiel University Library

        Records from his school and study years, manuscripts of his lectures and lectures, mathematical and astronomical calculations, personalia, letters to Harzer

        Heider, Edward (1846-1881)
        RMG 1.612 · File · 1872-1881, 1896
        Part of Archive and Museum Foundation of the VEM (Archivtektonik)

        1872-1881 in Berseba, Hoachanas; Letters and travel diaries, 1872-1881; View of the destroyed station Hoachanas (pencil drawing), 1875; description of Hoachanas: Lage, Bewohner, Schule, Kirche, 1876; report by Mrs. Johanne Heider, née Werbeck about the death of her husband, 1881; curriculum vitae and application of Eduard Heider junior for admission to the mission seminary, 1896;

        Rhenish Missionary Society
        RMG 2.148 · File · 1889-1951
        Part of Archive and Museum Foundation of the VEM (Archivtektonik)

        Vol. 1; Curriculum Vitae, about 1889; Letters and reports from New Guinea, 1894-1901; private letters to inspectors of the RMG and his wife Dassel, 1895-1900; Vol. 2; Letters and Reports Reports from New Guinea, 1901-1913; Correspondence with Heinrich Helmich in his homeland, 1919-1944; Appointment as Houseparents in the Johanneum Gütersloh, 1922; "Some of New Guinea's Mission History", IN: Westfälisches Sonntagsblatt für Stadt u. Land, No. 38-40, 1928; "Die Kapelle zum Seelenfrieden", IN: Evangelisches Monatsblatt für Westfalen, No. 7 u. 8, 1928; obituary for Heinrich Helmich, obituary and letter of condolence, 1947; correspondence with Ida Helmich, née Winkelsträter, 1948; obituary for Ida Helmich, née Winkelsträter, 1951

        Rhenish Missionary Society
        RMG 1.616 a-d · File · 1871-1921
        Part of Archive and Museum Foundation of the VEM (Archivtektonik)

        1875-1904 in Gobabis, Hoachanas, Heimatdienst, 1904-1915, parish office, from 1915; Letters, annual reports, station reports, 1871-1912; Letter of Johas Vleermuis von Gobabis, 1881; Register of the Chiefs of the Red People Namaqualand, 1884; Letter of Hendrik Witboois to Manasse, Chief of Hoachanas, 1889; Sketch of the map Farm I, II, III Schwartmoder & Anis = Lidfontein, 1:1.000, 1896; report of the school and church visitation to Hoachanas, by missionary Carl Ludwig Hermann Hegner, 1896; private letters Friedrich Anton Judts to inspectors of the. RMG, 1894-1900; Correspondence to the award of the Order to Carl Ludwig Hermann Hegner and Friedrich Anton Judt, 1906; obituary for Susanne Judt, née Mohn, 1913; obituary for Friedrich Anton Judt, missionary, 1921;

        Rhenish Missionary Society
        A.11-286 · File · 1892 - 1914
        Part of Central Archive of the Pallottine Province

        In it picture postcards:- Kahnpartie auf dem Kribifluss, 1907- Jasuku, secondary school of Marienberg, buildings and pupils, inhabitants and Pallottine Father, 1907- vegetable garden in Duala, 1909 June 30 - Catholic choral society in Duala (Cameroon), 1909 Aug. 10 missionaries with their pupils in Engelberg (Cameroon), 1909 Oct. 22- Cameroon chief with his ministers, 1909 Oct. 27- Der hochw. Herr Apostol. Vicar D. Heinrich Vieter with his missionaries in Jaunde (Cameroon), 1913

        Pallottines

        Curriculum Vitae, 1929; Correspondence, 1929-1964; Instructions and vows of secondment, 1930; Letters and. Reports from the German School in Lwandai, 1930-1939; "From the work of a bush teacher, 1937; "Christenfrauen in Usambara, 1938; Kinderbriefe aus der Schule in Lwandai, 1939; Reports from the camp Salisbury (Southern Rhodesia), 1941-1947; Contract with the Bibelhaus "Malche wegen Übernahme in den dortige Schwesternschaft, 1942; Testimony for Margret Dorendorf, 1947; Ärztlicher Bericht, 1955; Versorgungsfragen, 1955 u. 1961

        Evangelical Missionary Society for German East Africa
        ALMW_II._MB_1899_29 · File · 1899
        Part of Francke's Foundations in Halle

        Author: After letters from Miss. Clean. Scope: p. 488-492. Contains, among other things: - "First construction work." (SW: dwelling house; number of workers; wages; stable and girl's house; meeting house and children's house) - "2. The famine." (SW: good harvest in Kikuju; the children; diseases; consequences of famine - sale of children) - "3rd mission activity." (SW: School; often taught by Miss's wife; Sunday sermon) Darin: Illustration "The Mumoni Mountains (north of Kitwi, 8000' high) in Ukamba".

        Leipziger Missionswerk
        ALMW_II._MB_1894_13 · File · 1894
        Part of Francke's Foundations in Halle
        • Author: From letters of the missionaries Päsler and Müller. Scope: p. 283-289* 303-306. Contains, inter alia: - (SW: Moving into the mission house; description of the house, the station and the photographs sent along; Kikafutal - (SW: servants of the missionaries and employees) Darin: Illustration "The first buildings of the station Kwarango".
        Leipziger Missionswerk
        RMG 1.636 a-c · File · 1894-1961
        Part of Archive and Museum Foundation of the VEM (Archivtektonik)

        1895-1937 in Otjimbingue, Karibib, Praeses and Inspector from 1910; Letters and reports (Presidential files separate), 1895-1910; application for missionary service, curriculum vitae, expert opinion Johannes Georg Heinrich Olpp, 1894; private letters to Inspectors d. RMG, 1895-1899; Instruction for Johannes Georg Heinrich Olpp, 1895; Report on Franz Heinrich Kleinschmidts Death in Otjimbingue, 1896; Overview of the Mountain Damra Church in Otjimbingue, 1896; What drives for faithful work in the mission can the biblical teaching of Christ's Second Coming grant us? Lecture, 12 p., hs., 1898; Lieutenant Kuhn to inspector because of missionary for Karibib, 1901; property case Redecker with sketch, 1904; holiday application Johannes Georg Heinrich Olpp, 1907; plan about Biblical history education to be mastered in the schools, Otjimbingue, 1908; private correspondence from and. with Johannes Georg Heinrich Olpp (partly from the estate), 1928-1948; correspondence with Maria Olpp, née Johannsen (also curriculum vitae and death certificate), 1948-1961; Olpp translated the book "Eine Reise durch Afrika", by J. Du Plessis, 1916, from the Netherlands into German, under the signature 1-02812 in the holdings of the Archive Library ;

        Rhenish Missionary Society
        Paul Wohlrab (1866-1949)

        CV from 1891; Letters, circulars, reports, 1890-1907; "Bewegliche Stunden, Bericht über die Beginn der Mittelschule in Lwandai, ca. 1902; Korrespondenz (allgemein), i.a. deutsche Schule u. Mittelschule, 1908; Agreement between the Evangelische Mission u. der Katholischen Mission wegen demgrenzung der Arbeit, 1909; Correspondenz u.a. with W. Trittelvitz, 1910-1912; Überlegungen zur Errichtung einer Gewerbeschule, 1911; Correspondence during our stay at home, 1914-1927; "Urgent tasks for our female youth in Central Africa, 1927; "Wiederaufbau unserer Arbeit in Tanga, 1927; Important correspondence with the "Education Director u.a. because of English as a school language, 1928; decisions of the Mission Conference in Marangu, September 1928; "Serious questions and major tasks concerning mission schools, 1928; general correspondence, 1929-1933; correspondence Paul Wohlrab u. Daughter Frieda, 1934-1947; Obituary of Paul Wohlrab, 1949; Correspondence Margarethe Wohlrab (wife), 1951-1962; Correspondence Frieda Wohlrab (daughter), 1942-1972; Xerokopien betreffend Schulfragen, 1902-1908

        Evangelical Missionary Society for German East Africa
        RMG 2.156 · File · 1905-1964
        Part of Archive and Museum Foundation of the VEM (Archivtektonik)

        Vol. 1; Health Certificate, 1905; Letters and Reports from New Guinea, 1905-1926; Liturgy at the Consecration of Church and School in Kamba, 1914; Correspondence with Pastor Sinemus about the passing of the Schütz children, 1921-1925; Vol. 2; Correspondence about the dispute Schütz/Blum, also with the Lutheran Mission and American Board of Mission, 1926-1927; Correspondence with F. Schütz in der Heimat, 1926-1964; Health Certificate, 1927; Instruction for planned but not taken place re-entry, 1930; Correspondence for acceptance into church services, 1930-1932; Correspondence with Winterhilfswerk wegen der Kartoffelversorgung von Schütz, 1935-1936; Lebenssdaten, bzw. Lebenslauf für Elisabeth Schütz, née Sinemus, 1963; Lebenssdaten, bzw. Lebenslauf u. Kondolenzschreiben für Friedrich Schütz, 1964

        Rhenish Missionary Society
        RMG 1.648 c · File · (1899-1913)
        Part of Archive and Museum Foundation of the VEM (Archivtektonik)

        Marginalien about the Herero and Witbooi Uprising 1904-1907, about visits of prominent personalities from war and peace in the Gibeon Mission House, reports and rumours, insights and experiences, notes and critiques on cultural and colonial politics, but especially the reproduction of original traits and typical characteristics of Hans and Willi and their siblings Gerhard, Marianne, Thea and others. Ilse - taken from the letters of our parents Christian/Else Spellmeyer née Lange in the years 1899-1923

        Rhenish Missionary Society
        Wuga and Mshihui Station

        Travelogue Johanssen "From Dar-es-Salaam to Wuga, 1892; Untersuchungsreise von Gleiss u. Wohlrab von Hohenfriedeberg nach Wuga, 1894; Report on the founding negotiations of Wuga concerning von Wohlrab, 1895; diary reports, chronicles, letters (originals and copies), statistics especially of Gleiss, Langheinrich u. Rösler, 1895-1914 u. 1919-1920; Report on the founding of Wuga by Franz Gleiss, 12 p. printed, published as supplement to Semesterbrief Number 23 of the Greifswald Theological Society, 1896; "How it looks like in an African school by N. Rösler, 14 p., ms., January 1900; "Auf den Trümmern von Wuga von Missionar Döring, 14 p., Druck, 1902; "Die ersten Jahre der Station Wuga 33 p., ca. 1902; Berichte über die Station Mshihwi (s. a. M 603), 1908-1909

        Evangelical Missionary Society for German East Africa