Mappe

Elements area

Taxonomy

Code

Scope note(s)

    Source note(s)

      Display note(s)

        Hierarchical terms

        Mappe

          Equivalent terms

          Mappe

            Associated terms

            Mappe

              6 Archival description results for Mappe

              6 results directly related Exclude narrower terms
              Geheimes Staatsarchiv Preußischer Kulturbesitz, VI. HA, Nl Waldersee, A. v. · Fonds
              Part of Secret State Archive of Prussian Cultural Heritage (Archivtektonik)

              Alfred Graf von Waldersee was born in Potsdam on April 8, 1832, the son of the general of the cavalry Franz von Waldersee. The Waldersees, which originated from an originally Anhalt noble family and later settled in the Mark Brandenburg, served the Prussian state primarily as officers and can therefore be counted among the Prussian military nobility. After his education in his parents' house and in the cadet corps, Waldersee left the latter in 1850 as an officer in the guards artillery and was an adjutant of the 1st artillery inspection in 1858 bus in 1859 and was transferred to the general staff and promoted to major in 1866 by Captain, Prince Charles of Prussia's adjutant in 1865. Waldersee took part in the campaign in Bohemia in the large headquarters, came to the general command of the 10th army corps in Hanover after peace, became military attaché in Paris and aide to the wing in 1870, joined the mobilization as the large headquarters, became chief of the general staff of the army department of the Grand Duke of Mecklenburg-Schwerin in 1871 and was chief of staff of the governor of Paris, while German troops stood in Paris, then from June to September business bearer of the German government in the French Republic. Waldersee then retired into practical service as colonel and commander of the 13th Uhlan Regiment, became chief of the general staff of the 10th army corps in 1873, major general and general à la suite in 1880. In 1882 he became Quartermaster General and representative of the Chief of the General Staff of the Army, in the same year Lieutenant General, soon afterwards Adjutant General of the Emperor. Promoted General of the Cavalry under Emperor Friedrich in 1888, Waldersee was soon appointed Chief of Staff of the Army as successor of Muldke after the accession to the throne of Emperor Wilhelm II and was also appointed to the manor house and to the Council of State. In 1891 he was appointed commander general of the 9th army corps, in September 1895 general colonel of the cavalry. In April 1898 he was relieved of his commanding general position and appointed Inspector General of the 3rd Army Inspectorate. In May 1901 he was promoted to General Field Marshal. By agreement between the allied powers he was given the supreme command during the Chinese Boxer Uprising in the province of Pechili, which he held from September 27, 1900 to June 4, 1901. After his return to Germany he took over the 3rd army inspection again. Since 1874 Count Waldersee was married to an American, the widow of Prince Noer, Marie Esther Lee. Waldersee died in Hanover on 5 March 1904. The Waldersee estate was transferred to the Prussian Secret State Archives in 1935. The estate was published by H. O. Meisner in "Memories of Field Marshal Alfred Grafen v. Waldersee", 3 vol., Stuttgart - Berlin 1922/23 H. O. Meisner "From the correspondence of the General Field Marshal Alfred Grafen v. Waldersee", vol. 1 1886 - 1897, Stuttgart - Berlin 1928 H. O. Meisner "Briefwechsel zwischen dem Chef des Generalstabes Grafen v. Waldersee und dem Militärattaché in Petersburg Graf York v. Wartenburg", 1885 - 1897, in: Hist. Polit. Archive 1930 Vol. I, p. 133 - 192 Fornaschon, Wolfgang "Die politischen Anschauungen des Grafen Alfred v. Waldersee und seine Stellungnahme zur deutschen Politik", Berlin 1935, Hist. Stud. 273 During the reorganization of the estate, attempts were made to bring related pieces, such as diaries and the private files of Waldersee, which had been torn apart by the processing, back into their original context. In cases where a large number of exhibitors were present, the letters were sorted alphabetically. Individual, already existing folders were only sorted chronologically. The letters were also included individually. This detailed list can be found in Appendix 1 of the repertory. For all other letters, a chronological order has been established and an alphabetical register has been created (Annex 2) to make it easier to find individual persons. The large number of newspaper clippings was also sorted chronologically and placed in individual folders. The relevant register (Appendix 3) contains all the available newspapers, listed separately for German and foreign newspapers. No exact signature is given, only the year has been included. The signatures are completely new. Each number is foil-wrapped, the number of sheets is on the inside cover. Additions to Waldersee's diaries contain the number of pages, marked with the letters a ff. The notes and markings with pencil and crayon originate from earlier adaptations, as well as the cutting up of individual pages. For practical reasons, the subsequent separation of individual numbers into several volumes was made during the bookbinding treatment of the estate. Description: Biographical Data: 1832 - 1904 Resources: Database; Reference book, 1 vol.

              Waldersee, Alfred von
              BArch, NS 22 · Fonds · 1928-1944
              Part of Federal Archives (Archivtektonik)

              History of the Inventory Designer: In 1928 it emerged from the Organizing Committee of the Party first mentioned in 1926; in 1928-1932 under the leadership of Gregor Straßer, who sought to link the technical-organizational with the political leadership of the NSDAP, and in 1932-1945 by Robert Ley; Since 1933 responsible for the handling of all organizational questions of the party, the selection and training of the leadership corps of the NSDAP; organizationally and politically subordinated were the main offices for public welfare, public health, for war victims, for civil servants, for educators, for local politics and for technology as well as the NSD student federation and the Nazi women's association. Inventory description: Inventory history The records of the Reichsorganisationsleitung apparently survived the wartime to a large extent unscathed. The fate of the files since the occupation of Germany by the Allies corresponds to the general history of German contemporary historical sources in the post-war period. After its confiscation by American troops in Munich, the major part of the holdings was transferred to the American Document Center in Berlin (BDC), while the files of the Main Office for Organizational Management of the Reich Party Rallies as well as the documents of the Adolf Hitler School/Ordensburg Sonthofen listed in the Appendix to the holdings reached the United States. The partial holdings of the Berlin Document Center were received by the Federal Archives together with a larger return of written material in September 1962, while some of the documents brought to the USA were already returned in 1959 from Alexandria/Va. with the so-called "NS mixed holdings", and some were not returned until 1967 by the Library of Congress via the National Archive in Washington. With reunification in 1990, further files of the Reichsorganisationsleiter der NSDAP were transferred from the Central State Archive of the GDR (ZStA) and the NS Archive of the Ministry for State Security (MfS) to the Federal Archive. Archival evaluation and processing The files handed over to the Federal Archives in September 1962 were accompanied by a list of files to be submitted by the Berlin Document Center (BDC), which served as a provisional archive directory until the holdings were finally catalogued. In it, the files were listed only very summarily; in addition to keyword-like factual matters, only the file-maintaining position or the correspondence partner were frequently named instead of a file title. So it is understandable that soon after taking over the inventory, efforts were made to create a list of files that met archival requirements. However, these efforts did not initially progress beyond limited individual actions, each of which comprised only individual groups of files. It was not until 1987-1990 that the final order and listing of the entire stock could be carried out and completed. As there was no file plan and most of the inventory as delivered by Document Center did not have a usable organizational structure, it had to be reorganized from the ground up. The classification of the holdings was initially based on the three main phases of the organisational development of the department described above, which had a lasting influence on the management of the files. Below this chronological structure, the organizational units in charge of the files of the department formed the next classification criterion. Within the sub-areas formed in this way, an order of files was strived for according to as "logical a gradient" as possible. In many cases, this was achieved relatively easily by simply ranking the numerous series of correspondences available with the individual main offices of the Reich Organizational Leadership, with the offices of the Reich Leadership, the divisions and affiliated associations of the NSDAP, the Gauleitungen, as well as with Reich and state authorities, municipal offices, organizations under private law, and individuals. The correspondence series and fact files of the main offices of the Reich Organizationsleitung were preceded by the orders, decrees, circulars, etc. issued by them. The order of the documents within the file volumes was generally maintained. For conservation reasons, however, the documents, most of which were stored in standing folders, were temporarily transferred to Juris folders. For technical reasons, it often became necessary to divide the contents of the folders into two or more volumes. In addition, obvious errors in the keeping of files were corrected, which occasionally resulted in the separation or merging of volumes or transactions. Only the collections of orders, decrees, circulars, notices, etc. found in numerous standing files as multiple documents and formed according to different aspects of order were fundamentally rearranged. They were structured according to the main publishing offices of the Reichsorganisationsleitung and - without further splitting according to the (anyway not always ascertainable) character of the individual announcements - arranged into purely chronological series. In the Federal Archives in Berlin, the index data were imported into the database by means of a retro-digitisation procedure and processed as an additional search source for the requirements of the production of an online find book. The file accesses from the collections of the NS archive of the MfS and the personal collections of the former Berlin Document Center (BDC) were integrated into the existing classification scheme with the help of the database. The extensive collection of press clippings compiled by the Reichsorganisationsleitung was added to the files. Characterization of the contents: Registry until the reorganization of the Reich Organizational Leadership 1927-July 1932 (56): Organization Department I (Reich Organizational Leadership I) 1927-1933 (49); Organization Department II (Reich Organizational Leadership II) 1931-1932 (7): Economic Policy Department 1931-1932 (3), Engineering Department 1931 (1), Agricultural Technology Department 1929-1931 (3). Registry of the reorganization of the Reich Organizationsleitung until the resignation of Gregor Straßers July-Dec.1932 (27): Hauptstabsleiter 1930-1932 (6), Hauptabteilung I (Reichsinspektion I) 1932-1933 (8), Hauptabteilung II (Reichsinspektion II) 1932 (3), Hauptabteilung III 1932-1933 (9), Hauptabteilung V 1932 (1). Registry 1932-1945 (810): Reichsorganisationsleiter (until Nov.1934: Chief of Staff of the Supreme Head of the P.O.) 1932-1944 (8); Chief of Staff / Hauptstabsamt / Hauptdienstleiter / Hauptgeschäftsführung, Dienststellenverwaltung 1932-1943 (35); Aufgabenverwaltung 1931-1943 (176), Zentralamt 1941-1943 (2), Verwaltungsamt 1941-1943 (2), Hauptorganisationsamt (until Nov.1934)Organizational Office of the Supreme Head of the P.O.) 1933-1944 (203); Office of Education / Head of Education 1934-1943 (34), Office of Organizational Documents 1934-1943 (17), Office of Statistics / Statistical Office 1935-1936 (1); Main Office of Organizational Management of the R e i c h s t a g s t a g e r t a g e s t a g e n 1934-1941 (30); Main Personnel Office (until Nov. 1934)Personnel Office of the Supreme Head of the P.O.) 1933-1945 (30); Hauptschulungsamt / Reichsschulungsamt / Reichsschulungsleiter (until Nov.1934: Reichsschulungsleiter of the Supreme Head of the P.O.) 1933-1943 (151); Mobilisation and Defense Officer 1941-1943 (1); Special Department of Community Houses 1940-1942 (34). Collection of press clippings 1933-1942 (317): State and Society in the German Reich 1933-1942 (57), NSDAP with divisions and affiliated associations 1933-1942 (20), "Deutsche Weltgeltung", collection of material on Germanism abroad 1937-1941 (39), work on popular growth among German ethnic groups abroad 1939-1941 (32), German culture abroad (achievements of Germans abroad and Germans active abroad) alphabetically (20), German and foreign personalities 1937-1942 (20), State and society abroad 1933-1942 (95), Second World War (prehistory, outbreak, early years) 1939-1941 (34). Appendix: Adolf Hitler School/Ordensburg Sonthofen 1937-1944 (19). State of development: Publication Findbuch (1992) Citation method: BArch, NS 22/...

              BArch, R 601 · Fonds · (1917) 1918 - 1945
              Part of Federal Archives (Archivtektonik)

              History of the Inventor: Establishment of an office on 12 February 1919 for the processing of the duties assigned to the Reich President by the Constitution as head of state, at the same time official liaison office between the Reich President and the Reich and state authorities; transfer of the powers of the Reich President to the "Reich Chancellor and Führer" Adolf Hitler by the law on the head of state of 1 August 1934; retention of the office of the Reich President and renaming of the office to Präsidialkanzlei by ordinance of 4 September 1934. Inventory description: Inventory history In the 1930s, the office of the Reich President regularly handed over so-called "Weglegesachen" to the Reich Archives, for example in April 1932 and March/April 1935. However, the registry, which was still ready for handing over in 1944, with processes up to 1934, no longer reached the Reich Archives. In 1944, the archives already kept in the Reichsarchiv Potsdam were transferred to the galleries of Staßfurt and Schönebeck a.d.Elbe. The office of the presidential chancellery and the current registry were maintained at the end of the war in Kleßheim Castle near Salzburg. In 1942/1943 Schloss Kleßheim had been lavishly refurbished as the guest house of the presidential chancellery and the Führer for special purposes. After the capitulation of the German Reich and the occupation by the Allies, the archive holdings fell into their hands. For the files of the presidential chancellery, this meant, in accordance with the territorial division of the occupation zones, that the documents from the tunnels in Staßfurt and Schönebeck a.d.Elbe were largely transported to the USSR, and that the service records at Schloss Kleßheim were under American administration. During the Berlin blockade of 1948/49, the ministerial holdings subsequently brought together in the western sectors of Berlin were transferred to Whaddon Hall in Buckinghamshire and jointly administered by the Foreign Office of the United Kingdom and the American State Department. File returns from the Soviet Union to the GDR began in the mid-1950s. As part of the most extensive restitution campaign, the files of the Presidential Chancellery were transferred to the German Central Archive Potsdam (DZA) in 1959 and stored here under the signature 06.01. The holdings were supplemented in 1963 by further additions that had previously been assigned to the Reich Chancellery. At the same time, the files from American and English administration were transferred from the archive in Whaddon Hall to the Federal Archives in Koblenz. The inventory signature was R 54. After the unification of the two German states and the takeover of the Central State Archives of the GDR (ZStA) by the Federal Archives, the partial inventories were merged and are now stored in Berlin with the inventory signature R 601. 2,536 transactions from the NS archive of the MfS were incorporated during the current processing, the third comprehensive addition. After the repatriation of the files from the Soviet Union in the second half of the 1950s, the MfS also took over documents in order to expand and build up a personal collection for "operative" purposes. As a consequence, the concentration on individual persons, i.e. the person-related filing, meant the destruction of the historical context in which the tradition originated, as files and processes were torn apart or reformed. In autumn 1989 the archive came under the responsibility of the Ministry of the Interior of the GDR (MdI) and thus of the Central State Archive of the GDR. After its transfer to the Federal Archives and its provisional use in the 1990s, comprehensive IT-supported indexing began in 2001. At the Centre for the Preservation of Historical Documentary Collections, formerly the Central State Archives Special Archive Moscow, there are still 53 file units from the period 1921-1944 as Fund 1413 in the Centre for the Preservation of Historical Documentary Collections. These are "...above all files on the awarding of the Ostmark Medal (12 volumes, 1938 - 1943), Police Service Award (3 volumes, 1938 - 1943), and the.., 1942) and other awards (4 vols.), among others to railway workers in the Eastern territories, furthermore individual political reports (2 vols., 1935 - 1937) and documents on the representation at the London Disarmament Conference (1933), the discontinuation of proceedings for maltreatment of prisoners (1935 - 1936), racial and population policy (1935 - 1936) as well as a list of employees (1942 - 1943)". In the course of processing, the inventory was supplemented by files that had been proposed for cassation at an earlier date, but were returned to the inventory due to requests for use. These are files from Department B (Domestic Policy), Title XV, support given by the Reich President of Hindenburg to corporations and individuals, but above all for the purpose of assuming honorary sponsorships - inventory adjustments between the holdings R 43 Reich Chancellery, R 1501 Reich Ministry of the Interior and with the Central Party Archives of the SED The volumes with the previous signatures 1499 to 1502 were the provenance adjutant of the Wehrmacht to the Führer and Reich Chancellor. It was handed over to the Department of Military Archives in Freiburg/ Breisgau and assigned to the holdings RW 8. R 2 Reich Ministry of Finance R 43 Reich Chancellery R 2301 Court of Audit of the German Reich N 429 Paul von Hindenburg Estate NS 3 Economic and Administrative Main Office NS 6 Party Chancellery of the NSDAP Foundation Reichpräsident-Friedrich-Ebert Memorial, Heidelberg Archive of Social Democracy of the Friedrich-Ebert Foundation, Bonn Zentrum für die Aufbewahrung historisch-dokumentarischer Sammlungen (formerly Zentrales Staatsarchiv Sonderarchiv Moskau) Fonds 1413 Archivische Bewertung und Bearbeitung A first finding aid book on the files of the presidential chancellery was produced in the German Central Archive Potsdam in 1960. The 1,213 volumes of files were broken down by administrative structure and provisionally recorded. In 1967 the provisional indexing took place in the Federal Archives in Koblenz and in 1981 the submission of a finding aid book to the 241 volumes under the stock signature R 54. After the consolidation of the partial stocks from Potsdam and Koblenz a complete finding aid book was submitted in 1998. At the end of 2008, the database-supported revision of the finding aid book and the incorporation of 2538 files with the provenance Presidential Chancellery from the NS archive of the MfS began. The present archival records are composed of files in their original order of origin, partly with the original file covers and in the predominant number of individual folders comprising only a few sheets. The stock grew from 1,581 files by 933 signatures to a total of 2,547 files. The majority of these are personal transactions such as appointments and dismissals of civil servants and awards of orders. However, it was possible to supplement the volume series with two fact files from the years 1926 and 1927 both chronologically and verifiably on the basis of the diary numbers with volumes 8 and 9. The five-volume series in connection with Paul von Hindenburg's honorary membership is a complete complement. The current processing, including classification, was based on the registry order already used in the previous finding aid: Department A (Internal Affairs) Department B (Internal Policy) Department C (Foreign Policy) Department D (Military Policy) Department E (Not documented) Department O (Chancellery of the Order) Citation BArch R 601/1... Content characterization: Internal affairs of the presidential chancellery 1919-1945 (56): Correspondence with other authorities, rules of procedure of the Reich government, of Ministe‧rien and of the Reich Representation of the NSDAP 1924-1943 (8); organization, personnel, cash and budget matters of the presidential chancellery, private correspondence of Staatsmini‧ster Dr. Otto Meissner 1919-1945 (48); domestic policy 1919-1945 (939): Constitution 1919-1936 (19), Reich President 1919-1939 (190), Reich Government 1919-1936 (23), Legislation 1919-1936 (24), Civil Service 1919-1943 (109), Departments of the Reich Ministry of Labor 1919-1943 (46), Peripheral Areas of the Reich (Saar, Eastern Provinces), including Eastern Aid, Revolutionary Movements, Press, Police and Technical Emergency Aid, Disputes between Princes, Holidays and constitutional celebrations 1919-1945 (42), ministries of the Reich Ministry of Finance 1919-1944 (40), ministries of the Reich Ministry of Justice 1919-1942 (35), church, cultural and health services 1919-1944 (20), Economic and financial policy 1919-1944 (21), economic policy 1919-1944 (40), transport 1919-1943 (26), Disposi‧tionsfonds and donations 1919-1940 (292), Prussia 1919-1937 (5), Bavaria 1919-1936 (15); Foreign Policy 1919-1945 (143): Treaty of Versailles and its implementation 1919-1940 (39), international organizations and treaties 1919-1944 (26), Foreign Office 1921-1945 (2), intergovernmental agreements 1919-1944 (64), cultural relations with foreign countries 1920-1944 (4), foreign policy situation, weekly reports of the Foreign Office 1920-1933 (8); military policy 1919-1939 (48): Military Legislation and Policy 1919-1934 (39), Submitted Writings and Books 1928-1932 (1), Adjutant of the Wehrmacht to the Führer and Reich Chancellor 1934-1939 (4), Prisen‧ordnung 1939-1941 (1), Civil Air Defence 1927-1938 (2), Reich Labour Service 1935-1941 (1); Order Chancellery 1935-1945 (237): Management of orders and decorations 1935-1944 (3), service awards 1937-1945 (102), decorations 1939-1945 (43), decorations on certain occasions 1937-1944 (43), acceptance of foreign titles, orders and decorations by Germans 1941-1944 (6), war awards 1939-1944 (34), trade with orders and decorations 1941-1944 (6); Miscellaneous (congratulations) 1935-1944 (65); Letter diaries 1942 (1) State of development: Findbuch 2011 Citation method: BArch, R 601/...

              Stadtarchiv Worms, 235 · Fonds
              Part of City Archive Worms (Archivtektonik)

              Description of the holdings: Dept. 235 Gemeindearchiv Hohen-Sülzen Scope: 122 archive boxes and 2 folders (= 794 units = 14 linear metres) Duration: 1751 - 1969 Acquisition, structure, duration and recording of the documents The preserved archival documents cover the period from about 1751 to the dissolution of the administrative district of Worms (1969) or the formation of the association municipality of Monsheim (1972), in which eight mayor's offices, including Hohen-Sülzen, were united. This created a basis for a deposit agreement between the municipality and the municipal archives. In 1976, the local historian Paul Michel drew up a provisional list of the seven municipal archives. In 1975/76 the holdings were packed in cartons and first stored in Heylschen Schlösschen and since 1986 in the magazine of the city archive in the former Stadtsparkasse am Adenauerring, today they are stored in the Ernst-Ludwig-Schule. In 1988, Mr. Martin Geyer's holdings were recorded according to the number-currens principle, retaining the departments of the old registry plan (for more information, please refer to the Mach. Register Dept. 206 No. 116a). The duration of the project essentially begins in the second half of the 18th century and usually extends to 1969 in the present inventory. The treasure renovation (Oblate seal almost unrecognisable) of 1751 (No. 472) is particularly worth mentioning. The Mayor's office invoices and the corresponding documents from 1793-1937 are available as almost complete series. In 2011, the data were converted into the program AUGIAS. In the period from September to October 2011, Ms. Magdalena Kiefel recorded in full the remaining files and official books (307 copies). It was decided that the documents of the period from 1945 to about 1969 should be recorded in the old registration plan of 1908, as otherwise two partial inventories would have had to be formed, which would not have been advisable given the small size of the inventory. This allocation leads to deviations from the file plan groups of the time of origin after 1945 in individual cases, but increases the usability of the documents. For reasons of conservation, the files and folders were removed, the files were demetallized and, to a lesser extent, reembedded in office sheets, otherwise in acid-free archive folders. Some files had no titles, these were formed on the basis of the contents and were supplemented, if necessary, by notes on contents. After the completion of this work, the stock comprises 795 units of registration, which are kept in 122 archive boxes. Note: The following empty numbers 258, 264, 266, 268, 270 can be assigned again. Supplementary archive departments in the town archive -Abt. 5 Municipality of Worms 1815-1945 -Abt. 6 Municipality of Worms since 1945 -Abt. 22 Preservation of monuments -Abt. 30 District Office of Worms -Abt. 49 Municipal Archive of Pfeddersheim -Abt. 204 Worms Documentation/Collection Literature: - Festschrift zur Einweihung des Dorfgemeinschaftshaus Hohen-Sülzen, 01.05.1981 - Festschrift zum 1225 jährigen Bestehen der Gemeinde Hohen-Sülzen, [1991] Worms, in October 2011 Magdalena Kiefel

              Stadtarchiv Worms, 227 · Collection
              Part of City Archive Worms (Archivtektonik)

              Inventory description: Dept. 227 Collection Ertel (Westhofen) Scope: 122 units (= 10 archive cartons = 1.5 m) Duration: 1716 - 1990 To be taken over On 5 February 2013 Mr. Georg-Jakob Ertel from Westhofen handed over two large cartons with documents on the history of the Catholic parish of Westhofen as a deposit to the municipal archive of Worms. With this material, the basis for the Ertel collection was laid in the city archives as an archive collection of Dept. 227, since further later levies are intended. According to Mr. Ertel himself, he had fished the documents out of a large quantity of papers, which - coming from the provenance of the parish of Westhofen - were intended for disposal a few years ago, in order to evaluate the contents of the documents for research purposes. Since an archival processing also seemed to make sense with regard to a further possible scientific use, an agreement was reached between him and the City Archives on the deposit. A handwritten parish chronicle, led by Pastor Geeb/Geb (1803) and continued by Pastor Schott (1857), Mr. Ertel wished to keep it for the time being for provisional processing, a later addition to the collection is intended. Mr. Ertel had already drawn up a list of 33 envelopes and two files in advance, in which almost all the pieces were listed. The numbering of this list was adopted as an old signature in the course of the redrawing. There were now 122 units of description, which comprise 1.5 linear metres in ten archive cartons. The duration ranges from 1716 to 1990; blocking periods had to be set for some files for data protection reasons. The material originates mainly from the 19th and the first half of the 20th century. The two former file folders, for which Mr Ertel had produced his own tables of contents, were dissolved and the documents were transferred to acid-free folders, which were to be preferred for conservation purposes. Several units of description were formed, which are linked by means of old signatures and attached copies of Ertel's folder lists. The classification was created after the indexing on the basis of the main content. In some fascicles, partially damaged file aprons [sheets used rather than aprons] contained references to a previous classification system based on simple numbering; the main subjects used there are essentially also to be found in the present classification. Content The archival documents concern the content of the Catholic parish of Westhofen with its branch parishes of Monzernheim and Blödesheim [today Hochborn]. The classification has created five thematic focal points, which are briefly outlined below. On the one hand, there are numerous ordinances, decrees, communications and circulars on parish administration, which were sent mainly by the higher spiritual authorities to deaneries and parishes, but also by civil authorities. On the other hand, correspondence and other documents are available which directly concern the parish of Westhofen, its administration and the work of the respective pastors and the church council, as well as various statistical information. Correspondence, circulars, etc. from the tenure of Pastor W. Oestreicher provide information about church life during the Nazi era. Church accounts are available on a larger scale, some of which even form a series (1797 - 1806, 1819 - 1825, 1869 - 1872 [without 1871]), and further documents on asset management. In addition there are foundations to the parish, here the Blanck'sche Stiftung is mentioned, to which also material can be found in the estate Kirschbaum (StadtA Wo Abt. 170/46), and above all extensive directories about Mess-Stiftungen in the Catholic church in Westhofen and in the Filialgemeinden. Fascicles that deal with the Haubische Gült and the Arnsteiner or the Duboische Gült in Osthofen in favour of the Westhofener church are to be emphasized (StadtA Wo Abt. 227 Nr. 47, Nr. 48 u. Nr. 119). A further content section deals with building issues of the church and other buildings belonging to the Catholic parish and their furnishings (including inventories). The establishment of the sisters' house in 1902 and the activities of the sisters (sewing school, infant school) are also reflected in the files. Information about the Catholic school can be obtained about the building, as well as about teaching (rather general), about the school assets and various statistical data, furthermore about the establishment of a simultaneous school in Westhofen against the protest of the Catholics. A legal dispute with Jacob Weisheimer, who lived in the immediate vicinity of the schoolyard, is documented in detail (StadtA Wo Abt. 227 Nr. 58; 1838 - 1848). Church life is reflected in various directories of sermons and catecheses held and in books of preaching. In addition, various documents are available on pilgrimages, processions, retreats, confirmation classes and the activities of ecclesiastical associations (e.g. Brotherhood to the Most Holy and Immaculate Heart of Mary [StadtA Wo Abt. 227 Nr. 65]). Important for individuals and individual families was the necessary granting of a dispensary for marriages and the religious upbringing of children from mixed-confessional marriages. Various publications and newspapers or newspaper cuttings were incorporated into the last classification group. Worms, March 2013 Margit Rinker-Olbrisch Supplementary archive holdings Stadtarchiv Worms: Dept. 170/46 Kirschbaum family estate (concerning Blanck'sche Foundation) Landesarchiv Speyer (currently): Gemeindearchiv Westhofen Hess. State Archives DA: Dept. G 15 here: No. 15/2 with inspection reports, statistical data (e.g. on the community of Westhofen, 1898) Literature EBERSMANN, Jakob: History of Westhofen, Monzernheim and Blödesheim, Worms, 1909 GRÜNEWALD, Julius/ STROH, Heinrich: Chronicle of the market town Westhofen: Contributions to the history of the community of Westhofen, Westhofen, 1974 GRÜNEWALD, Christoph Julius Johannes: Von Westhofener Häusern und Leuten, Westhofen, 1984

              Universitätsarchiv Stuttgart Findbuch zum Bestand 33 Forschungs- und Materialprüfungsanstalt für das Bauwesen (FMPA) - Otto-Graf-Institut Edited by Dr. Volker Ziegler With the cooperation of Hanna Reiss, Tamara Zukakishvili, Stephanie Hengel, Maria Stemper, Simone Wittmann, Anna Bittigkoffer, Norbert Becker Supported by the Deutsche Forschungsgemeinschaft Stuttgart 2012 Table of contents 1st foreword 2. 2.1 The founding of the Materialprüfungsanstalt Stuttgart 2.2 Carl Bach and Emil Mörsch 2.3 The beginnings of Otto Graf in the Materialprüfungsanstalt Stuttgart 2.4 Otto Graf, Richard Baumann and the successor of Carl Bach 2.5 The formation of the Department of Civil Engineering and the Institute for Building Materials Research and Testing in Civil Engineering 2.6 Otto Graf after the Second World War 2.7 Otto Graf's Services 2.8 Relocation of the FMPA to Vaihingen 2.9 Restructuring within the FMPA 2.10 Re-sorting the FMPA to the Ministry of Economics of Baden-Württemberg 2.11 Reintegration of the FMPA into the University of Stuttgart and Reunification with the MPA 3. 3.1 Inventory History 3.2 Filing and Registration 3.3 Distribution density 3.4 Focus on content 4 Literature 5. Reference to further archive holdings 6. User notes 1. Foreword In 1999 and 2000, the University Archive Stuttgart took over a large number of old files from the central institute building of the then Research and Material Testing Institute Baden-Württemberg (FMPA) - Otto-Graf-Institut, a total of 263.7 shelf metres. This extensive collection, together with a few smaller, later additions, forms the holdings 33, which the Deutsche Forschungsgemeinschaft (German Research Foundation) funded from June 2008 to March 2012 as part of the Scientific Library Services and Information Systems (LIS) funding programme. The focus of the cataloguing lies on the research organization and on the networks in NS large-scale projects and in construction projects of the early Federal Republic of Germany, which also corresponds to the density of the inventory handed down between 1933 and 1958. The Materialprüfungsanstalt Stuttgart officially commenced its activities on 25 February 1884. It was an institution of the Technical University of Stuttgart. From the beginning, both areas were covered: material testing for mechanical and plant engineering as well as the testing of building materials and construction methods. When in 1927 the institutional separation of the two areas of work was initiated, the registries of the Material Testing Institute/MPA (Mechanical Engineering) and the Material Testing Institute for Construction were also separated. When the latter moved from Stuttgart-Berg to the new buildings in Stuttgart-Vaihingen at the end of the 1950s and beginning of the 1960s, the files were taken along for building material testing, but also the series of joint outgoing mail books from 1883. They are therefore also part of the archive holdings 33. Following the retirement of non-archival-worthy files, the archive holdings currently comprise 3,484 archive units from the period from 1883 to 1996 as well as 777 personnel files of FMPA employees up to 1986. A finding aid book is also available online for the personnel files of employees born up to 1912. A whole series of employees of the Stuttgart University Archive were involved in the implementation of the project. The project staff members Hanna Reiss, Tamara Zukakishvili and Stephanie Hengel must first be named here. Hanna Reiss recorded the personnel files and the important clients, in addition she supported the scientific coworker with evaluation questions. Tamara Zukakishvili recorded the daily copies of the departments of the Otto-Graf-Institut. Stephanie Hengel, together with the undersigned, carried out the evaluation of the partial stock of publications and recorded and systematised, among other things, the extensive partial stock of the Länder Expert Committee for New Building Materials and Types of Construction. Maria Stemper registered the outgoing mail correspondence, Simone Wittmann, Anna Bittigkoffer and Norbert Becker a part of the test files of the departments concrete, stones and binders, earth and foundation engineering and building physics. Norbert Becker, Anna Bittigkoffer and Stephanie Hengel carried out the inspection and evaluation of the large-format documents and plans as well as the extensive collection of photographs and photonegatives. Rolf Peter Menger took over important de-icing and packaging work and Norbert Becker, head of the University Archive in Stuttgart, provided advice and support on all important issues. Once again we would like to thank all those involved in the implementation of the project. Stuttgart, 12.03.2012 Dr. Volker Ziegler 2nd outline of the history of building material testing at the Technical University/University of Stuttgart 2.1 The foundation of the Materialprüfungsanstalt Stuttgart The present volume 33 contains the files of the working area of building material testing, which was part of the Materialprüfungsanstalt Stuttgart under various names until 1945 and only then became independent, which is why it is necessary to go into the history of the Materialprüfungsanstalt Stuttgart in more detail. The Materialprüfungsanstalt Stuttgart officially commenced its activities on 25 February 1884. Professor Adolf Groß, Professor of Machine Drawing, Machine Science and Design Exercises at the Stuttgart Polytechnic, was the founding director. In September 1883, however, Groß changed from the Polytechnikum Stuttgart to the board of directors of the Württembergische Staatseisenbahnen and was replaced by Carl Bach[1] as the board member of the Materialprüfungsanstalt[2] In the decree of the Department of Churches and Education in the Staatsanzeiger für Württemberg of 21 February 1884, the following is formulated as the area of responsibility of the Materialprüfungsanstalt Stuttgart: 1. The Materialprüfungsanstalt is determined to serve the interests of industry as well as those of teaching. Initially, the equipment was purchased to determine the tensile strength of metal and wooden rods, belts, ropes, cement and cement mortar, the compressive strength of cement, cement mortar and bricks, the bending strength of metal rods and beams, the shear strength of round metal rods. On request, elasticity modulus and proportional limit, if any, can also be determined during tensile tests. It has been decided to extend the institution by the facilities for determining the wear and tear of stones. The fees payable for the use of the establishment shall be sufficient to cover its expenses. Public operation will begin on 25 February this year. This shows that building material tests were planned from the outset and that the institution was to be operated economically. The Royal Württemberg Ministry of Finance provided an amount of 6,000 Marks. Furthermore, 10,000 Marks came from a surplus that had been achieved at the state trade exhibition in Stuttgart at that time. This was what the Württembergische Bezirksverein Deutscher Ingenieure (Württemberg District Association of German Engineers) had advocated following an application by Carl Bach.[3] There was no state funding. Carl Bach therefore had to make do with a room in the main building of the polytechnic, which had to be shared with the electrical engineering department. Apart from Carl Bach, there was only one employee at the beginning. It was not until 1906 that a new building could be moved into in Stuttgart-Berg. The development had been so positive that the state of Württemberg assumed the construction costs and Carl Bach was able to hire additional personnel, including engineers Richard Baumann, Otto Graf and Max Ulrich, who came to the Materials Testing Institute in 1903 and 1904. They were largely paid for out of earned funds. 2.2 Carl Bach and Emil Mörsch Carl Bach's collaboration with Emil Mörsch, a man who laid the scientific foundations for reinforced concrete construction, was of fundamental importance. In 1902 Mörsch published his work Der Eisenbetonbau, seine Anwendung und Theorie. This book was published in a short time and became a standard work. Mörsch, who was still working for Ways at that time.