Signatur

Elements area

Taxonomy

Code

Scope note(s)

    Source note(s)

      Display note(s)

        Hierarchical terms

        Signatur

          Equivalent terms

          Signatur

            Associated terms

            Signatur

              3 Archival description results for Signatur

              3 results directly related Exclude narrower terms
              Landesarchiv Baden-Württemberg, Abt. Hauptstaatsarchiv Stuttgart, E 70 e · Fonds · 1787-1851
              Part of Landesarchiv Baden-Württemberg, Dept. Main State Archives Stuttgart (Archivtektonik)

              Preliminary remark: The beginnings of the Württemberg legation in the Netherlands are closely linked to the history of the Subsidy Regiment Württemberg. After Duke Karl Eugen had made the regiment - generally known as the Cape or Indian Regiment - available to the Dutch East India Company, he sent the Captain of Penasse to Holland in November 1787 to take care of matters relating to subsidies. The authorized representative was at first temporarily, since the middle of the year 1788 permanently present in Middelburg. Among his successors the mission to the legation in The Hague expanded. After the suicide of the envoy of von Hügel in 1805, it remained vacant for more than two years before a Württemberg envoy was again accredited to the king's court in July 1807. With the occupation of Dutch territory by French troops, Württemberg's diplomatic representation in the Netherlands was also abolished, and in September 1814, following the formation of the Kingdom of the United Netherlands, another envoy was sent to The Hague; however, the Consul General in Rotterdam, August Freiherr von Wächter, also served as the diplomatic representative until 1816. Until 1830, the seat of the legation changed between Utrecht, Amsterdam, Brussels and The Hague, depending on where the court was located. Due to the political changes in 1848, the Württemberg embassy in the Netherlands was abolished and the remaining tasks were transferred to the Württemberg consulate in the Netherlands. The representatives of Württemberg in the Netherlands were:Captain of Penasse, Chargé d'Affaires, 1787 - 1798Contamine, Chargé d'Affaires, 1798 - 1799Johann Christian Friedrich Freiherr von Hügel, Ministerresident, April 1799 - January 1805 Freiherr von Harmensen, extraordinary envoy and minister, July 1807 - September 1807Freiherr von Steube, extraordinary envoy and minister, October 1807 - February 1808Graf von Dürckheim-Montmartin, extraordinary envoy and authorized minister, February 1808 - September 1808Freiherr von Steube, extraordinary envoy and authorized minister, September 1808 - June 1810Freiherr Gremp von Freudenstein, extraordinary and authorized minister, October 1814 - April 1815August von Wächter, Consul General, Chargé d'Affaires, Prime Minister, April 1815 - October 1839Freiherr von Linden, appointed on 15 October 1808 - September 1808Freiberr von Steube, extraordinary envoy and authorized minister, September 1808 - June 1810August von Wächter, Consul General, Chargé d'Affaires, Prime Minister, April 1815 - October 1839Freiherr von Linden, appointed on 15 December 1818181839 October 1815, not accredited after his appointmentFreiherr von Reinhardt, Ministerresident, c. 1843Freiherr von Pfeil, Ministerresident, 1844 - 1848.the "Legation Archive" was brought to Stuttgart by Baron von Neuffer after Hügel's death and partly handed over to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, partly to the War College. In May 1807, the Legation Secretaries von Seeger and von Münch were instructed to record the files that had not yet been catalogued and to reunite the separate parts. Since the concept books left behind by Hügel were kept in chronological order, von Seeger refrained from ordering them by subject and formed chronological series. He made copies for the War Collegium of important processes concerning matters of subsidies. In July 1807, the newly appointed envoy of Harmensen took over the embassy registry in this state, and the order of registration created under von Seeger was not to be retained for the future. However, a comprehensive reorganization could not be carried out at first due to the change of envoys and legation secretaries. Only lists of new files were drawn up. It was not until March 1808 that the Legation Secretary of Münch was able to complete the necessary reorganization of the registry. The directories created by Seeger also received new signatures. The registry scheme designed by Münch with 10 group and one general fascicle was retained or extended for the following period. In the last decade of the Württemberg legation, however, more and more business technical series such as "Miszellaneen, Allerhand, Unerledigte Angelegenheiten, Varia u.a." were produced, so that these titles finally occupied one third of the stock. after the dissolution of the legation, the files were brought to Stuttgart, incorporated into the registry of the Foreign Ministry and handed over with documents of this provenance to the Haus- und Staatsarchiv around 1870. They comprised the inventories (=delivery) 42 and 43 of inventory E 70 legation files. The original handwritten repertories are now only available in a transcript made with a typewriter, and in 1976 the mixed holdings were revised to extract the written material from the legation in The Hague. The separation of the archival records and their assignment to the A and E groups, in accordance with the classification of the Main State Archives, was dispensed with, since the documents recorded for the first time in 1807 are closely related to the subsequent ones as preliminary files. For this reason, the series - concept books, relations and correspondences - were placed in front of the holdings when organizing the holdings. At the end of the factual exercises, the inputs and uses follow. They were taken over unchanged by indices because of their good development and extended by two additional tufts, so that they now make up more than a third of the stock. This can be explained by the research connected with the decline of the Cape Regiment. As a valuable supplement to the new indexing, reference is expressly made to the fully preserved registry aids. Until the introduction of the business diaries in September 1814, the events were recorded on the fascicle envelopes. The envelopes now form, exclusively III (Bü 126) and IV (Bü 129) Büschel 85, the following business daysÜbücher (1814 - 1848) Büschel 86. The previously valid archive signatures E 70 Verz. 42 and 43 with subsequent Büschel or Faszikelnummer were included in the data fields Vorsignaturen. The files of the Württemberg legation in The Hague cover the period 1787 - 1851. They document in a special way the consequences of the subsidy agreement concluded in the 18th century with the Dutch East Indian Company and the relationship between two states whose courts were related to each other. Further documents of the same subject which have grown up with other Württemberg authorities can be found in the Main State Archives mainly in the holdings A 33 Württembergisches Kapregiment and A 117 Netherlands. The stock now comprises 219 tufts in 4.1 linear metres. It was recorded and ordered by Walter Wannenwetsch from February to April 1976 as part of the training under the guidance of Oberarchivrat Dr. Cordes.Stuttgart 1976gez. Walter Wannenwetsch The completion of the present finding aid was carried out with the help of data processing on the basis of the MIDOSA program package of the State Archive Administration of Baden-Württemberg in the period from January to May 1988. At the same time as the inclusion of the title, the index terms were recorded, with a view to a later general index, separated into a place index, a person index and a subject index. The re-indexing as well as the input took place in the context of the training by the archive inspectors Corinna Pfisterer and Regina Keyler under guidance of the undersigned. Stuttgart, May 1988Kurt Hochstuhl

              Landesarchiv Baden-Württemberg, Abt. Hauptstaatsarchiv Stuttgart, E 157/1 · Fonds · (1442-) 1818-1924 (-1931)
              Part of Landesarchiv Baden-Württemberg, Dept. Main State Archives Stuttgart (Archivtektonik)
              1. history of authorities: The nobility matriculation commission was established in 1818 by King Wilhelm I. within the Ministry of the Interior in order to guarantee the observance of the rights and duties of the Württemberg hereditary nobility (1). The commission's task was to create and continue the personnel and real registers as well as the electoral rolls for the First and, until 1906, the Second Chamber of the Württemberg State Parliament (2). On the one hand, the families had to prove their nobility status and rank, which usually took the form of a certified copy of the nobility diploma, and on the other hand changes in the family or ownership circumstances had to be reported. In return, some of the former aristocratic rights were preserved. Depending on their size, aristocratic estates were granted the rights of a class rule or a manor. In addition, they still had various landowner's rights, among other things. After an extensive renewal of the nobility registers in 1844 and 1845, the Commission was dissolved in December 1849 and its files handed over to the Interior Archive. In June 1857, however, it was reinstated under the leadership of Regierungsrat Golther (3).With the end of the constitution of the sovereign estate in Württemberg in connection with the revolution of 1848/49, the aristocratic owners of the manor, some of whom found themselves in financial difficulties after the redemption of the peasant taxes, sold a large amount of land, on the one hand to liberated farmers who remained in agriculture, and on the other hand to the state of Württemberg, which in the second half of the 19th century promoted the construction of fortified roads and above all the railway. In return, however, bourgeois people were now also allowed to acquire knights' estates, which for a time could certainly be regarded as prestige objects. After the end of the monarchy, the special rights of aristocratic estates and manors were finally abolished. In the course of this development the Adelsmatrikelkommission was dissolved in 1924. 2nd inventory history: The documents of the aristocratic matriculation commission were delivered by the Ministry of the Interior to the main state archives in Stuttgart in two deliveries in 1904 and 1924 (4). The first delivery was roughly indexed in 1913 in an archival register, whereby some documents of the knight cantons were taken from the time before 1806 (5). The original 481 file volumes and 170 volumes (land registers) received the inventory signature E 157, later divided into E 157/1 (files) and E 157/2 (land registers). The delivery of the commission of 1904, which contained in particular documents and registers covering several families, received in the meantime the signature E 157/3, but could not be clearly separated from the remaining stock, so that E 157/1 and E 157/3 were finally reunited. The typewritten archive directory from 1924, which was still used as a finding aid in the Main State Archives until the present repertory was processed, shows the systematic structure according to which the holdings were stored in the Ministry of the Interior. Accordingly, the documents concerning the Württemberg hereditary nobility as a whole were placed at the beginning. This was followed, in alphabetical order in each case, by series of special nudes on noble families, estates and manors. With the family files of the not wealthy hereditary nobility in each case the initial letter in the alphabet was combined to a federation. The exmatriculated knights' estates also received their own category: the respective file categories consist of quite uniform files, which, however, have a very different scope. The family files usually contain concepts of the personal record sheets as well as information about births, baptisms, marriages and deaths, occasionally also documented by newspaper clippings. Particularly noteworthy are the handmade representations of the coat of arms of the majority of the families, some of which were designed with a great deal of artistic effort and additional work, which presumably served as models for the aristocratic coat-of-arms book kept by the Cabinet Ministry (6). the files on estates and knights' estates usually contain reports of the upper offices and district governments on changes in ownership and other changes as well as completed questionnaires for the compilation of the real register or extracts from the land register for the exemten properties. With the manor files colored maps and / or detailed descriptions are often also available. 3rd processing report: In order to ensure a more targeted research in the stock, the archival indexing of the stock was started in spring 2004. This led to the division of the file bundles, some of which were listed only in summary form, into individual or factual files, which was carried out on the basis of quadranguulation. Also large file bundles starting from approx. 10 cm circumference were divided. The list of important changes in the noble families or estates and manors was made with the help of the notes containing them. Special features such as coat of arms drawings and ground plans / site plans were recorded in the notes. Since the hand-painted coat-of-arms drawings of numerous noble families seemed predestined for presentation on the Internet, their digitization took place in the period from October to December 2004 with the help of the archive inspector candidates Sandy Apelt, Katja Georg, Stefan Spiller and Christina Wolf as well as the intern Madeleine Schulze. The coats of arms are in this way directly observable in the online find book belonging to it, with the production of the classification the original arrangement of the existence served as basis. In order to obtain a more consistent step-by-step model, the files for the personal register (wealthy and non wealthy hereditary nobility) and the real register (class rulers, knights' estates, exmatriculated knights' estates) were combined in the virtual arrangement of the holdings in one superpoint each. Further documents concerning Württemberg aristocratic affairs and families in the 19th and 20th centuries can be found in the following holdings:E 40/33:Ministry of Foreign Affairs: AdelssachenE 60Königlicher LehenratE 105Verträge Württemberg mit seine Standesherrn und sonstigen AdligenE 146Ministerium des Innern III, Teil 1E 147Ministerium des Innern III, Teil 2E 151/2Ministerium des Innern, Abteilung II: Rechtssachen, Staatsangehörigkeit, PersonenstandE 156Ministerium des Innern: AdelssachenJ 30/2Sammlung Josef SeligJ 40/8Nachlass Hans JänichenJ 40/63Sammlung v. Seckendorff on the genealogy of noble familiesJ 250Collection of letters to the nobility and coats of armsJ 270Documents on the Württemberg book of nobility and coats of arms by O. v. AlbertiP 10Archive of the Freiherr Varnbüler von und zu Hemmingen (Depositum)P 14Family records of Grabiz and de Pers of Saneliseo and Grabiz (Depositum)P 21Family records Rolf Freiherr von Brand (Depositum)The holdings of Group Q 3 (Association and Family Archives) also contain a considerable proportion of records of Württemberg noble families.The land registers drawn up on behalf of the Commission, which are based on the real matriculation sheets submitted (fonds E 157/2), were made accessible at the same time as the present fonds (7). The delivery list for E 157 was therefore assigned to the inventory E 61x (8), the inventory was registered with the help of the programs MIDOSA 95 and Microsoft Access, the packing of the documents was done by Elisabeth Mainhardt and Rudolf Bezold. Some previous files (9) from the time before 1818 with a total volume of 0.2 linear metres were taken from the holdings for reasons of provenance and transferred to the State Archives Ludwigsburg (file no.: 7511.6/2769 and -3711). The collection now comprises 882 tufts of files (Bü. 1-180, 180a, 181-881) and 24.2 linear metres of shelving. In addition, the index was supplemented by concordances as well as a location, person and subject index, offers a considerably improved depth of indexing and is also available on the Internet as an online finding aid.Stuttgart, December 2004Johannes Renz Footnotes: (1) The documents for the establishment of the commission for the nobility register are in stock E 156 Ministry of the Interior: Nobility matters(2) On the constitutional circumstances of the former nobility of the German Reich see the preliminary remark on stock E 156(3) cf. E 156 Bü. 2(4) cf. File index E 157 (old) p. 28, now: E 61x vol. 146(5) Cf. file index E 157 (old) p. 73; holdings of the knight cantons: HStAS B 573- B 574, B 579 - B 582, StAL B 575, B 578, B 583 - B 586(6) Cf. E 156 Bü. 1(7) Cf. preface to fonds E 157/2(8) E 61x Bd. 146(9) Bisher: E 157/1 Bund 10-12 bzw. 475
              Court Marshal's Office
              Thüringisches Hauptstaatsarchiv Weimar, 6-13-5001 · Fonds
              Part of Thuringian Main State Archives Weimar (Archivtektonik)

              Description of the holdings: Hofmeister and Hofmarschälle can be found at the Weimar court as early as the 16th century (cf. present holdings no. 403). A new appointment and organisation ("re-establishment") of the Court Marshal's Office took place under the Saxon-Coburg supreme guardianship in 1750 (No. 411c). According to the state handbooks of the second half of the 19th century, the sphere of business of the Court Marshal's Office included the administration of the part of the chamber's property reserved for the Grand Ducal House, the so-called crown property (Ordinance of May 4, 1854, Reg. p. 229), and the overall supervision of the associated cash and accounting system, the care of the stocks at court and the supervision of their consumption, the affairs of the court etiquette, the pages, the court officers (court kitchen, winery, silver chamber, cloakroom, etc.).), the administration of the palaces, parks and garden centres, the handling of discipline by the subordinate servants, the exercise of police rights in the eximierten possessions of the Grand Ducal House, the supervision of the Pensionanstalt für Witwen und Waisen der Mitglieder der Hofkapelle opened in 1830 and the supervision of the Grand Ducal Museum für Kunst und Kunstgewerbe (state since 1903). The Court Marshal's Office carried out the business of the Court Theatre Directorate from 1828 to 1857 (No. 3123, 3126), and from 1851 to 1855 the business of the Court Stables Office, which was abolished at that time (Reg.Bl. 1851 p. 12, 1856 p. 64). After the Grand Duke renounced his throne in 1918, the Court Marshal's Office was abolished together with the Court Main Treasury on 31 March 1922 (No. 538). A Grand Ducal Saxon Schatull Administration existed in Weimar until the expropriation of the princes in 1948. The files of the Court Marshal's Office have mostly only been handed down since the end of the 18th century. This was caused by considerable losses during the fire at Weimar Castle in 1774 (cf. No. 2553, p. 2). During its existence, in 1893 and 1917, the Court Marshal's Office supplied the Weimar State Archives with documents that were ready for archiving, but these were exclusively series of volumes of accounts that were added to the archives available at the time. The files of the Court Marshal Office, on the other hand, were only handed over to the Weimar State Archives by the Thuringian Ministry of Finance as the successor authority to the Court Marshal Office in two deliveries in February 1923 and September 1933. Together with the files, the three repertories A, B and C (now classified in the inventory as No. 1b, 1c, 1d) were handed over; the delivery of 1933 comprised the files listed in the "new" repertory C. The files were handed over to the "new" repertory. Repertory C was the youngest repertory to be created at the Court Marshal's Office in 1898/99, with various files still needed being transferred from repertories A and B to the "new repertory" C, while the remaining pieces listed in A and B were "put back" (cf. No. 530). In addition, a large number of unlisted files and a collection of mostly handwritten sheet music for instrumental music from the period around 1775 were deposited in the State Archives. Here, all the files have been worked together to form an inventory. The capital classification of repertory C was used as the basis for the portfolio classification. The signatures given to the pieces in the repertories A, B and C due to their older distortion are recorded in a special column of the present repertory. From the traditional repertories, file titles were also transferred to the repertory created by the State Archives, for which files could no longer be ascertained. However, a large number of such initially missing files of the Court Marshal's Office were still to be found among the files left to the State Archives by the Ministry of Education of the State of Thuringia when it left for Erfurt in 1950. The actual holdings of the Court Marshal's Office (known as the Court Marshal's Office I) are appended in special parts as: - Court Marshal's Office II: Gartendirektion Eisenach (established in 1804, abolished in 1890) No. 4000 - 4142: Files that have grown up with this (special provenance) No. 4200 - 4222: Files of the Court Marshal's Office on this subject - Court Marshal's Office III: Gardens and Park Administration No. 4223 - 4463: Files of the Court Marshal's Office (These belong together with those in Court Marshal's Office I Chapter 58: Gardens, parks listed). The provenances of the Hofstallamt zu Weimar (B), which were related to the holdings of the Hofmarschallamt (Court Marshal's Office) and were in charge of the supervision of the Großherzogliches Marstall zu Weimar (Grand Ducal Marshal's Office), as well as of the Hofgestüt zu Allstedt (C) are treated as separate provenances (holdings), each with a new census and their own finding aids. Both authorities were abolished in 1920. The order and indexing of the holdings in the Weimar State Archives was carried out by Dr. Paul Goehts, a member of the Weimar government, between April 1945 and December 1847. The pieces found later, most of which had already been noted in the repertory, were added to the holdings in 1954 and 1955. The final work was done by the state archivist Dr. Rudolf Diezel. Weimar, September 30, 1955 Prof. Dr. Flach Remarks: The holdings contain the files of the Court Marshal's Office of the Duchy/Grand Duchy of Saxony-Weimar-Eisenach, primarily since the reorganization in 1750. They document the entire administration of the Weimar Court. In the years 1828 to 1857 the court theatre and the court chapel were also subordinated to the authority. From 1830 onwards, the Hofmarschallamt was the supervisory authority for the pension institution for widows and orphans of the members of the Hofkapelle and until 1903 for the Grand Ducal Museum of Arts and Crafts. Since 1854 he was also in charge of the administration of the "Krongutes", which had been given to the Grand Ducal House for its own use, and the police force on this property. The holdings also include the lists of the participants of the princely table kept by the Hoffouriers for the period 1749 - 1918 (Fourier books). The Court Marshal's Office was abolished in 1922. The files were delivered to the archive in several deliveries in 1893, 1917, but essentially only in 1923 and 1933.