History of tradition: The Badisches Staatsministerium as the highest state authority was established in 1817. It replaced the State Council, which was formed only in 1811, and which in turn emerged from the Ministerial Conference established in 1809. The State Ministry, to which the State and other ministers and other senior officials listened, served primarily to advise the sovereign and had no legislative or administrative powers of its own. From 1820 to 1825, the Ministry of State performed additional functions for the Ministry of Justice. In the years 1871 to 1893 the abolition of the Ministry of the Grand Ducal House and Foreign Affairs brought him a clear increase in competence, which at times made him a small specialist ministry himself. 1919 after the foundation of democracy the government elected by the Landtag according to the new Baden constitution of 21 March 1919 bore the name State Ministry. The documents of the Baden State Ministry cover a period from the emergence of the Grand Duchy at the beginning of the 19th century to the immediate post-war period; in individual cases it covers the margraviate of Baden in the Old Reich and the Electorate of Baden as well as the time of the emergence of the Federal State of Baden-Württemberg. The tradition of the Baden State Ministry is indispensable for understanding the modern territorial state in the 19th century; it complements the holdings of the Baden Justice, Culture, Interior, Finance and War Ministries (holdings 234 to 138) and the Baden State Parliament (holdings 231 and 231a) in a select manner. Processing: The previous card index was retroconverted from 2013 to 2015 as part of a DFG project. Spelling and reading errors were corrected and terms and formulations modernised to make the title recordings easier to understand. Unclear or obviously incorrect signatures were corrected, duplications resolved and missing and incorrect running times added or improved in order to achieve better clarity of the holdings and simplify future searches. 1997-68 access was resolved and integrated into the holdings or the finding aid. Karlsruhe, December 2015Dr. Peter Exner
Signatur
16 Archival description results for Signatur
Inventory history: "Saved for Baden" in 1995, a rare source genre in Germany, 923 so-called homage addresses, previously unknown evidence of the lively participation of the citizens of the country in the fortunes of their princely house, were saved from the New Castle Baden-Baden. They could be acquired as an almost closed collection; only a few were sold at auction in 1995 or were excluded from sale and remained in the possession of the margravial family. Most of the addresses date from the reign of Grand Duke Friedrich I (1852-1907). During this period of constitutional monarchy, the distance between the now mature subjects and their sovereign had decreased. Above all as representatives of cities, associations, professional associations, political, cultural and charitable institutions of the country or countries connected with Baden and even individually, they paid their respects to this and his wife Luise, born Princess of Prussia, especially for weddings, birthdays and other anniversaries of their house. Due to her extensive charitable activities and as the daughter of Emperor Wilhelm I, the Grand Duchess herself also received homages. The addresses of the military associations, which honour the Grand Duke in his capacity as the supreme commander of the country, are particularly numerous and magnificent, and the connection between the two houses of Baden and Prussia is reflected both in the artistic design of the addresses and in their texts. Thus, the Grand Duke's appreciation of his role as the father of the country can sometimes evoke themes from the history of the Reich, such as Baden's relationship with Prussia, the imperial unit whose patrons included the Grand Duke, colonialism or increasing militarism. A large number of the addresses united in this collection and their containers are elaborately designed and give an impression of the craftsmanship of the time, whereby the historicist style predominates. Among them are some works of the Karlsruhe professors for decorative painting at the school of arts and crafts, Hermann Götz and Karl Eyth; the portfolios are headed by the Durlach company of Eduard Scholl and his successor, and numerous old signatures bear witness to the fact that the addresses of homage also attracted attention among their recipients. They were inventoried several times and kept in the library or in the natural history cabinet. These earlier signatures are also noted in our repertory. Among the older ones are the handwritten signatures of the Hofbibliothek Karlsruhe on rhombus-shaped labels (inventory and holdings since 1995 in the Badische Landesbibliothek; our abbreviation: H). The handwritten or stamped signatures on rectangular labels can be traced back to later inventories since the 1880s by the gallery inspector Dr. Karl Kölitz (our abbreviation: K), Richter (our abbreviation: R) and probably Count Schweinitz as well as Albert Hartmann, Baden-Baden (our abbreviation: B). Lydia Filaus took over their input into the computer program Bismas. The remaining title recordings were made by Dr. Hansmartin Schwarzmaier and after preliminary work by Hiltburg Köckert the undersigned. Since the addresses are already cited in the literature with provisional signatures during the indexing, a concordance of these and the now valid signatures is added to the repertory. The current number sequence of the addresses corresponds to their storage according to formats in the magazine. Since the title entries of the addresses in the find book are structured according to their occasions, these numbers jump there. The 11 addresses remaining in the castle Salem were taken up with the designation Salem 1ff. in the repertory and described after slides taken in the new castle Baden-Baden 1995. Older "congratulations" for the margraves of Baden (18th century) can be found in the manuscript collection of the Großherzogliches Haus-Fideicommisses, others in the collection 69 Baden, collection 1995 G. Karlsruhe, March 2002Dr. Jutta Krimm-Beumann Conversion: The online finding aid for the present inventory is a result of the project "Conversion of old finding aid data" of the General State Archive Karlsruhe, which was carried out by Guido Fögler in 2006/2007. The project was supervised by Alexander Hoffmann and Hartmut Obst.Karlsruhe, in June 2007Dr. Martin Stingl
History of the authorities: The territorial reorganization of Germany by Napoleon almost doubled the territory of the former margraviate of Baden between 1803 and 1810. In 1803 it was elevated to the status of electorate and in 1806 to that of grand duchy. This made it necessary to restructure and standardize the administrative structures of the administratively heterogeneous state. The organizational edicts issued between 1806 and 1809 divided the Grand Duchy of Baden into 66 provincial and 53 municipal offices. The offices of the rank were abolished until 1849 or converted into the offices of the sovereign. The number of district offices in Baden was significantly reduced by mergers and abolitions in the course of the 19th and 20th centuries.Originally, the district offices were purely state authorities and as such were primarily responsible for general state administration and for state supervision of the activities of municipal administrations in their respective districts, but they were also responsible for the police and - until the establishment of their own court organisation in 1857 - the judiciary, in particular civil justice. The Bonndorf office belonged to the Donaukreis, from 1819 to the Seekreis. In 1813, several communities of the dissolved Bettmaringen office were assigned to the Bonndorf district. The administrative reform of 1832 replaced the meanwhile remaining six district directorates as central authorities by the district governments of four districts and assigned the administrative district Bonndorf to the Seekreis. In 1864 the four districts were dissolved and the district offices directly subordinated to the Ministry of the Interior. At the same time, the Grand Duchy of Bonndorf was divided into eleven district associations as local self-governing bodies without state responsibilities, with the district of Bonndorf becoming part of the Waldshut district. The district offices and district associations were combined into four state commissioner districts for the purpose of handling state administrative supervision. At their head was a state commissioner with a seat and vote in the Grand Ducal Ministry of the Interior. The district office Bonndorf was assigned to the state commissioner district Konstanz. The Bonndorf district office was abolished in 1924 in the course of simplifying the internal administration and the municipalities were assigned to the districts of Neustadt and Waldshut. Inventory history: Before the beginning of the indexing work, the files of the Meßkirch District Office were distributed among the following holdings:B 692/1, B 692/2, B 692/3, B 692/4, B 692/5, B 692/6, B 692/7, B 692/8, B 692/9, B 692/10, B 692/11 and B 764/1 (Bonndorf official audit). The above stocks were combined to form stock B 692/1 (new). In the process, foreign provenances with a term ending after 1806 and before 1936 were taken and assigned to other holdings of the Freiburg State Archives according to their provenance. Files with a term ending before 1806 were separated and handed over to the General State Archive Karlsruhe for reasons of competence. In justified exceptional cases, e.g. when the proportion of documents originating before 1806 in a file was limited to a few documents, files with a term before 1806 were also included in B 692/1 (new). Notes for use:Concordances in the printed version of the finding aid book for B 692/1 (new) show all presignatures of the individual files. The signature last used in the Freiburg State Archives before the new indexing is found under Presignature 1 and the signature formerly used in the Karlsruhe General State Archives under Presignature 2. The penultimate signature used in the Freiburg State Archives is found under Presignature 3. The present holdings were recorded by Edgar Hellwig, Lisa Röpke, Annika Scheumann and Sinah Waldvogel. Planning, organisation and coordination as well as final correction and final editing of the finding aid were carried out by the undersigned. The stock B 692/1 comprises 2814 fascicles and measures 25,8 lfd.m.Freiburg, September 2016Annette Riek
History of the authorities: The territorial reorganization of Germany by Napoleon brought the former margraviate of Baden between 1803 and 1810 almost a doubling of its territory and an enormous expansion of its population, as well as in 1803 the elevation first to electorate and in 1806 finally to grand duchy. This increase in the size of the country and its people made it imperative that the heterogeneous political system be restructured and unified in administrative terms. The organizational edicts issued between 1806 and 1809 served the realization of this goal. In addition to the Privy Council and Deputy Minister Johann Nicolaus Friedrich Brauer (1754 - 1813), the Baden State and Cabinet Minister Sigismund von Reitzenstein (1766 - 1847) was above all responsible for the administrative reorganization and modernization of the Grand Duchy. The Organisational Edict of 26 October 1809 divided the Grand Duchy of Baden into 66 sovereign and 53 ranked offices. The offices of the rank were gradually abolished, the last in 1849, after the final renunciation of their sovereign rights by the rank masters. In the case of the provincial district offices and upper offices, mergers and dissolutions within the framework of organisational changes led to a reduction in the total number of administrative structures in 1936/1938 from originally 66 to 27 after the changes ordered in the administrative structures during the National Socialist era. Originally, the district offices were purely state authorities and as such primarily responsible for general state administration, but also had to carry out tasks of the police and - until the establishment of their own court organisation in 1857 - of the judiciary, in particular civil jurisdiction. As subauthorities, district offices were subordinated to the district directorates as medium instances - the district office Constance, created in 1809, was first subordinated to the directorate of the Seekreis with its seat in Constance. The organisational reform of 1832 enlarged the scope of these funds and replaced the originally ten district directorates, with the exception of the Seekreis, which was named after rivers, with four district governments: Government of the Seekreis, Oberrheinkreis, Mittelrheinkreis, Unterheinkreis. The Constance district office was now under the control of the Seekreis government. Finally, the Law on the Organization of Internal Administration of October 5, 1863 abolished the district governments without substitution as the medium instances of state administration and subordinated the district offices directly to the Ministry of Interior. As a link between local and central authorities, the law of 1863 (amended 1865) installed four state commissionariats, namely Konstanz, Freiburg, Karlsruhe and Mannheim, each of which was headed by a state commissioner with a seat and vote in the ministry. The Constance District Office was assigned to the Sprengel of the Constance State Commissariat. In 1864, the Grand Duchy of Baden was divided into eleven district associations as local self-governing bodies without state tasks, retaining the district offices and state commissionariats as state administrative authorities. The Konstanz district association, based in Konstanz, comprised the state administrative districts of Engen, Konstanz, Meßkirch, Pfullendorf, Radolfzell (abolished in 1872), Stockach and Überlingen. State organ with the district federations was the administrative official of the district, in which the district federation had its seat, as a district captain. The Executive Board of the Constance District Office was also the District Governor of the Constance District Association. The corporate body of the district association was the district assembly of elected members. The Kreisverband Konstanz is thus the actual "ancestor" of the Landkreis Konstanz as a local self-governing body. 1924 the name of the executive committee of the district had already been changed to Landrat. By the county regulation of 24 June 1939 the 1864 established county federations were abolished and replaced by counties. In the Nazi dictatorship, however, their formally maintained powers of self-administration were only on paper, since the decision-making and decision-making powers were transferred from the district assembly to the district chairman appointed by the Ministry of the Interior, who was assisted by three to six district councils only in an advisory capacity. The area and authority of the new administrative district of Constance as a municipal self-governing body was now congruent with the administrative district of the state administration. In the reorganization of the administration after the end of the war in 1945, the legal supervision of the districts, which now became real local self-governing bodies with democratic legitimation, was initially transferred from the state commissioners to the (South) Baden Ministry of the Interior. Following the formation of the federal state of Baden-Württemberg, it was replaced by the Regierungspräsidium Südbaden as the central authority for the administrative district of Südbaden - the Regierungspräsidium or Regierungsbezirk Freiburg since the administrative reform of 1971. The district and later Landratsamt Konstanz was repeatedly changed from its establishment in 1809 to the year 1952. Particularly noteworthy here is the increase due to the abolition of the Radolfzell district office in 1872, whose municipalities were all assigned to the Constance administrative district. Another increase for the administrative district (since 1939 administrative district) Konstanz brought the abolition of the district office Engen in the course of the law over the new division of the internal administration from 30 June 1936 in the course of the, whose official municipalities were distributed on the sprinkles of the district and/or district offices Konstanz, Donaueschingen and Stockach. Further changes in the district of Constance as a result of the Baden-Württemberg district reform, which came into force on 1 January 1973, lie outside the period under consideration and are therefore not mentioned. Inventory history: Before the beginning of the registration work, the files of the Constance District Office/Landratsamt were distributed among the following holdings:a) B 715/1, /2, /3, /4, /5, /6, /7, /8, /9, /10, /11, /12, /13, /14, /15, /16, /17, /18, /19, /20, /21, B 730a/1b) E 24/1c) G 15/1, /2, /3, /4d) W 499/1e) S 51/1The stocks mentioned under a) and e) were first combined to form stock B 715/1 (new). Foreign provenances in these holdings were taken and either assigned to other holdings of the Freiburg State Archives in accordance with their provenance or handed over to the Karlsruhe General State Archives for reasons of competence. in a second step, the holdings of the Constance District Office, which had been formed from files delivered by the Constance District Office under b), were integrated into holdings B 715/1 (new). Thirdly, all files of the provenance Bezirksamt/Landratsamt Konstanz with a term up to and including 1952 were taken from the holdings mentioned under c) and transferred to the present holdings. In well-founded exceptional cases, such as when the proportion of written documents created after 1952 in a file was limited to a few documents, files with a term beyond 1952 were also included in B 715/1.Fourthly, all files of the provenance "Landratsamt Konstanz" from the provisional stock W 499, which contains the written material from the stocks 129 to 228 of the General State Archives Karlsruhe, which reached the State Archives of Freiburg during the mutual equalization of holdings, were also included. The pre-signature 1 contains the last signature used in the Freiburg State Archives before the new indexing and the pre-signature 2 the penultimate signature used in the Freiburg State Archives or the signature formerly used in the Karlsruhe General State Archives. The present holdings were recorded by Solveig Adolph, David Boomers, Anja Fischer, Joanna Genkova, Edgar Hellwig and Wolfgang Lippke. Dr. Christof Strauß was responsible for the planning, organisation and coordination of the work, final correction and final editing of the finding aid was carried out by the undersigned. The stock B 715/1 now comprises 6347 fascicles after its redrawing and measures 72.00 lfd.m.Freiburg, May 2010 Edgar Hellwig
History of the authorities: As a result of the territorial upheavals in the Napoleonic period, a total of 66 sovereign and 53 rank sovereign offices were created in Baden on the basis of the organisational edict of 26 October 1809. The number of district offices (since 1939: administrative districts) and upper offices was reduced in the course of the time by merging and abolition, so that 1945 in the today's administrative district Freiburg only 16 administrative districts (Donaueschingen, Emmendingen, Freiburg, Kehl, Konstanz, Lahr, Lörrach, Müllheim, Neustadt, Offenburg, Säckingen, Stockach, Überlingen, Villingen, Waldshut, Wolfach) and - since 1939 - two city districts (Freiburg, Konstanz) existed. Apart from the offices of the rank and rank abolished in 1849 at the latest, the district offices were purely state authorities. Only by the administrative district order of 24.6.1939 they received - de facto however only on paper - also tasks of a self-administration body. They were primarily responsible for general state administration, but were also responsible for the police and - until the establishment of their own court organisation (1857) - the judiciary, in particular the civil courts. As administrative authorities they were assigned to the Ministry of the Interior and subordinated to changing central authorities (district directorates, from 1832 district governments, from 1863 state commissioners); with regard to the judiciary, the court courts and the district directorates or district governments were superior to them. In the same year, the two land offices of Freiburg were united to form a single Land Office. The district offices of Endingen and St. Peter were dissolved and their places were assigned to the Landamt Freiburg and the Amt Breisach - in 1924 the Amt Breisach was abolished. In 1936 the district office of Staufen was dissolved, and its northern part was closed to Freiburg. Freiburg also received the Glottertalgemeinden, Heuweiler, Bischoffingen, Bötzingen, Eichstetten and Holzhausen, but in return lost Breitnau and St. Märgen to the district of Neustadt. Inventory history: Before the beginning of the registration work, the files of the Freiburg District Office were distributed among the following holdings:a) B 702/1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 and B 703/1, 2 B 774/1 as well as B 18/36b) E 22/1 and 2c) G 10/1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 11 d) W 499.First, the stocks mentioned under a) and b) were combined to form stock B 702/1 (new). In a second step, all files of the provenance Bezirksamt/Landratsamt Freiburg with a term up to and including 1952 were taken from the holdings mentioned under c) and transferred to the existing holdings. The stocks G 10/4, 5, 6, 8 and 11 did not contain any such files, whereas the G 10/9 stock was completely absorbed into B 702/1. In justified exceptional cases, such as when the proportion of written material created after 1952 in a file was limited to a few documents, even files with a term beyond 1952 were included in B 702/1.Thirdly, all files of the provenance "Landratsamt Freiburg" from the provisional stock W 499, which contains documents from the stocks 129 to 228 of the General State Archives Karlsruhe, which reached the State Archives Freiburg within the scope of the mutual equalisation of stocks, were also incorporated. Under the pre-signature 1 you will find the last signature used in the State Archives Freiburg before the new indexing and under the pre-signature 2 the penultimate signature used in the State Archives Freiburg and the signature formerly used in the General State Archives Karlsruhe, respectively. The undersigned was responsible for supervising the work. The collection B 702/1 now includes the fascicles 1 - 5406 and measures 45 lfd.m.Freiburg, April 2008 Dr. Christof Strauss
History of the authorities: The territorial reorganization of Germany by Napoleon almost doubled the territory of the former margraviate of Baden between 1803 and 1810. In 1803 it was elevated to the status of electorate and in 1806 to that of grand duchy. This made it necessary to restructure and standardize the administrative structures of the administratively heterogeneous state. The organizational edicts issued between 1806 and 1809 divided the Grand Duchy of Baden into 66 provincial and 53 municipal offices. The offices of the rank were abolished until 1849 or converted into the offices of the sovereign. The number of district offices in Baden was significantly reduced by mergers and abolitions in the course of the 19th and 20th centuries.Originally, the district offices were purely state authorities and as such were primarily responsible for general state administration and for state supervision of the activities of municipal administrations in their respective districts, but they were also responsible for the police and - until the establishment of their own court organisation in 1857 - the judiciary, in particular civil justice. The district office Lahr belonged to the Kinzigkreis. The administrative reform of 1832 replaced the meanwhile remaining six district directorates as central authorities by the district governments of four districts and allocated the administrative district of Lahr to the Middle Rhine District. In 1864 these four districts were dissolved and the district offices were directly subordinated to the Ministry of the Interior. At the same time the Grand Duchy was divided into eleven district associations as local self-governing bodies without state tasks, and the district of Lahr became part of the district of Offenburg. The district offices and district associations were combined into four state commissioner districts for the purpose of handling state administrative supervision. At their head was a state commissioner with a seat and vote in the Grand Ducal Ministry of the Interior. The district office Lahr was assigned to the Landeskommissärbezirk Freiburg. 1864 established district federations were abolished 1939 and the districts were renamed starting from 1 January into districts; their leaders carried already since 1924 the title district administrator. The district administrations thus became a mixed construction of state administration and local self-administration. In the Nazi dictatorship, however, their formally maintained powers of self-administration existed only on paper, since the decision-making and decision-making powers were transferred from the district assembly to the district chairman appointed by the Ministry of the Interior, who was assisted by three to six district councils only in an advisory capacity. When the administration was reorganised after the end of the war in 1945, legal supervision of the districts, which continued to perform state functions but now really also became local self-governing bodies with democratic legitimacy, was initially transferred from the state commissioners to the (southern) Baden Ministry of the Interior. After the formation of the federal state of Baden-Württemberg, it was replaced by the Regional Council of South Baden as the central authority for the administrative district of South Baden. The district area reform in Baden-Württemberg, which came into force on 1 January 1973, brought an end to the administrative district of Lahr, whose towns and municipalities were incorporated into the Ortenau district. Inventory history: Before the beginning of the registration work, the files of the Lahr District Office were distributed among the following holdings:a) B 717/2, /3, /4, /5, /6, /7, /8, /9, /10, /12 and B 720/1 b) E 25/1 c) G 16/1, /2, /5, /6, /7, /8, /9, /11, /12 and S 40/1.Initially, the stocks mentioned under a) were combined to form stock B 717/2 (new). In the process, foreign provenances with a term ending after 1806 and before 1952 were taken and assigned to other holdings of the Freiburg State Archives according to their provenance. Thirdly, the files from the holdings mentioned under c) were incorporated into B 717/2 (new) with the provenance Bezirksamt/Landratsamt Lahr. The S 40/1 holdings were completely integrated into B 717/2 (new), and files from all three groups were separated and transferred to the General State Archive Karlsruhe or to the Ortenau District Archive for reasons of responsibility. In justified exceptional cases, e.g. when the proportion of written documents created after 1952 in a file was limited to a few documents, files with a term beyond 1952 also found their way into B 717/2 (new).Information for use:The sale of real property and company winding-up occurring in the holdings are often coercive measures as a result of the so-called "Ordinance on the Use of Jewish Property".Concordances in the printed version of the finding aid book for B 717/2 (new) show all pre-signatures of the individual files. The pre-signature 1 contains the last signature used in the Freiburg State Archives before the new indexing and the pre-signature 2 the penultimate signature used in the Freiburg State Archives or the signature formerly used in the Karlsruhe General State Archives. The present holdings were recorded by Corina Giesin, Edgar Hellwig, Annika Scheumann, Anja Steeger and Christof Strauß. Christof Strauß was responsible for the planning, organisation and coordination of the work, final correction and final editing of the finding aid was carried out by the undersigned. The stock B 717/2 comprises 9259 fascicles and measures 70.60 running metres Freiburg, July 2013.
History of the authorities: The territorial reorganization of Germany by Napoleon brought the former margraviate of Baden between 1803 and 1810 almost a doubling of its territory and an enormous expansion of its population, as well as in 1803 the elevation first to electorate and in 1806 finally to grand duchy. This increase in the size of the country and its people made it imperative that the heterogeneous political system be restructured and unified in administrative terms. The organizational edicts issued between 1806 and 1809 served the realization of this goal. In addition to the Privy Council and Deputy Minister Johann Nicolaus Friedrich Brauer (1754 - 1813), who introduced an archive system based on the principle of pertinence as early as 1801, which determined the work of the General State Archives as well as the registries of the Baden authorities for a century and continues to this day, it was the Baden State and Cabinet Minister Sigismund von Reitzenstein (1766 - 1847) who played a decisive role in the reorganization and administrative modernization of the Grand Duchy. Reitzenstein, who had held the office of bailiff of the Rötteln dominion from 1792 to 1795 and was based in Lörrach, is considered to be the real creator of the modern Baden state in the 19th century. The organisational edict of 26 October 1809 divided the Grand Duchy into 66 sovereign and 53 ranked offices. While the latter were gradually abolished until 1849 at the latest, the district offices and the upper offices were reduced in total over time by merging and abolishing them. originally, the district offices were purely state authorities and as such primarily responsible for general state administration, but also had to carry out tasks of the police and - until the establishment of their own court organisation in 1857 - of the judiciary, in particular the civil judiciary. As subauthorities, they were subordinated to the district directorates as medium instances - the district office Lörrach, created in 1809, first to the directorate of the Wiesenkreis with seat in Lörrach, then after its abolishment in 1815 to the directorate of the Dreisamkreis with seat in Freiburg. In 1832 the originally ten district directorates, named after rivers, were replaced by the district governments of the four districts - Seekreis, Oberrheinkreis, Mittelrheinkreis, Unterheinkreis - and the district office Lörrach was subordinated to the government of the Oberrheinkreis. Finally, the Law on the Organization of Internal Administration of October 5, 1863 abolished the district governments without substitution as the medium instances of state administration and subordinated the district offices directly to the Ministry of Interior. As a link between local and central authorities, the law of 1863 (amended 1865) installed four state commissionariats - Constance, Freiburg, Karlsruhe, Mannheim - each headed by a state commissioner who had a seat and vote in the ministry. The district office Lörrach was assigned to the Sprengel of the Landeskommissär in Freiburg. Furthermore, in 1864, the Grand Duchy was divided into eleven district associations as local self-governing bodies, retaining the district offices as state administrative authorities. The district association Lörrach with seat in Lörrach comprised the sprinkles of the national district offices Lörrach, Müllheim, Schönau and Schopfheim. State organ with the district federations was the administrative official of the district, in which the district federation had its seat, as a district captain. Thus the executive committee of the district office Lörrach was in personal union at the same time district captain of the district association Lörrach. The corporate body of the district association was the district assembly of elected members. The district association Lörrach is thus the actual "ancestor" of the today's administrative district Lörrach as local self-administration body. Already in 1924 the name for the executive committee of the administrative district had been changed into Landrat. By the administrative district order of 24 June 1939 the 1864 established district federations were abolished and replaced by districts. During the Nazi dictatorship, however, their formally maintained powers of self-administration were only on paper, since the decision-making and decision-making powers were transferred from the district assembly to the district chairman appointed by the Ministry of the Interior, who was assisted by three to six district councils only in an advisory capacity. Area and authority of the new administrative district Lörrach as local self-administration body was now congruent with the administrative district of the state administration. When the administration was reorganised after the end of the war in 1945, the legal supervision of the districts, which now again became genuine local self-government bodies with democratic legitimation, was initially transferred from the state commissioners to the (South) Baden Ministry of the Interior. After the formation of the Federal State of Baden-Württemberg, the Regional Council of South Baden took its place as the central authority for the administrative district of South Baden - since the administrative reform of 1971, the Regional Council and the administrative district of Freiburg. The district and later district administration of Lörrach was repeatedly changed from its establishment in 1809 to the year 1952. When it was founded, the Lörrach District Office initially comprised 31 towns and municipalities: Binzen, Brombach, Degerfelden, Efringen, Egringen, Eimeldingen, Fischingen, Grenzach, Haagen, Hägelberg, Haltingen, Hauingen, Herten, Höllstein, Hüsingen, Huttingen, Inzlingen, Istein, churches, Lörrach, Märkt, Ötlingen, Rümmingen, Schallbach, Steinen, Tumringen, Tüllingen, Weil, Wittlingen and Wyhlen.With the dissolution of the Kandern district in 1819, the Lörrach district gained a further 11 towns and municipalities: Blansingen, Hertingen, Holzen, Kandern, Kleinkems, Mappach, Riedlingen, Tannenkirch, Welmlingen, Wintersweiler and Wollbach. At the same time he was assigned the municipality of Warmbach, which until then had belonged to the administrative district of Säckingen. In 1921 this was returned to the district office in Säckingen. Further changes brought the incorporation of Stetten in 1902 and the incorporation of Tumringen and Tüllingen into the town of Lörrach in 1935. The law of 30 June 1936 on the new division of the internal administration brought a considerable change to the administrative district. While the municipalities of Hertingen, Kandern, Riedlingen and Tannenkirch were assigned to the district office of Müllheim, the administrative district of Lörrach received the majority of the municipalities of the abolished district office of Schopfheim. Exceptions were Bernau, Brandenberg, Todtnau and Todtnauberg, which were assigned to the administrative district of Neustadt, and Dossenbach, Minseln, Nordschwaben, Todtmoos and Wehr, which came to the administrative district of Säckingen. Among the communities acquired by the dissolved Schopfheim District Office were also those that had originally been incorporated into the Schönau District Office, because when the latter was abolished in 1924, all the communities of the Schönau District Office had been integrated into the Schopfheim Sprengel. In 1939 the municipalities of Aftersteg and Muggenbrunn fell from the district of Lörrach to the district of Neustadt; however, this was reversed in 1945. At the same time, the municipalities of Todtnau, Brandenberg (since 1936 united with Todtnau) and Todtnauberg, which had been incorporated into the administrative district of Lörrach after the dissolution of the Schopfheim Neustadt district, were incorporated into the administrative district of Lörrach. Inventory history: Before the beginning of the registration work, the files of the Lörrach District Office were distributed among the following holdings:a) B 719/1, /2, /3, /4, /5, /6, /7, /8, /9, /10, /11, /12, /13, /14, /15 as well as B 712/1 and B 732/1b) G 17/1, /2, /3, /4, /5, /6, /7c) W 499.Initially, the stocks mentioned under a) were combined to form stock B 719/1 (new). In a second step, all files of the provenance Bezirksamt/Landratsamt Lörrach with a term up to and including 1952 were taken from the holdings mentioned under b) and transferred to the existing holdings. The inventory G 17/3 was completely merged into B 719/1. In well-founded exceptional cases, such as when the proportion of documents created after 1952 in a file was limited to a few documents, even files with a term beyond 1952 were included in B 719/1.Thirdly, all files of the provenance "Landratsamt Lörrach" from the provisional stock W 499, which contains written material from the stocks 129 to 228 of the General State Archives Karlsruhe that has been transferred to the Freiburg State Archives for mutual compensation of holdings, were also included. The pre-signature 1 contains the last signature used in the Freiburg State Archives before the new indexing and the pre-signature 2 the penultimate signature used in the Freiburg State Archives or the signature formerly used in the Karlsruhe General State Archives. The present holdings were recorded by Volker Beau, David Boomers, Joanna Genkova, Edgar Hellwig and Wolfgang Lippke. Dr. Christof Strauß was responsible for supervising the work, while the undersigned was responsible for the final editing and correction of the finding aid. The stock B 719/1 now comprises 8348 fascicles after its redrawing and measures 82.10 lfd.m.Freiburg, July 2008 Edgar Hellwig
History of the authorities: The territorial reorganization of Germany by Napoleon brought the former margraviate of Baden between 1803 and 1810 almost a doubling of its territory and an enormous expansion of its population, as well as in 1803 the elevation first to electorate and in 1806 finally to grand duchy. This increase in land and people made it imperative to reorganize and standardize the administrative structures of the administratively heterogeneous state. The organisational edicts issued between 1806 and 1809 as well as the further changes in the administrative structures of the Grand Duchy and the State of Baden made during the 19th and 20th centuries served to achieve these goals. In addition to the Privy Council and Deputy Minister Johann Nicolaus Friedrich Brauer (1754 - 1813), it was the Baden State and Cabinet Minister Sigismund von Reitzenstein (1766 - 1847) who played a decisive role in the administrative reorganization and modernization of the Grand Duchy at the beginning of the 19th century. The organisational rescript of 26 November 1809 divided the Grand Duchy of Baden into 66 sovereign and 53 ranked offices. While the latter were gradually abolished or converted into provincial district offices by 1849 at the latest, the state district offices and high offices were merged and abolished in the course of time to reduce their total number. Originally, the district authorities were purely state authorities and as such were primarily responsible for general state administration and for state supervision of the actions of municipal administrations in their respective districts, but they also had to carry out tasks of the police and - until the establishment of their own court organisation in 1857 - of the judiciary, in particular civil jurisdiction. With the Peace of Pressburg (1805) the territories of Upper Austria in Breisgau were united with the Electorate and from 1806 the Grand Duchy of Baden. The district office Müllheim was established in 1809, the place of the official seat was elevated to a town in the following year. The district offices established in 1809 were assigned to ten districts, whose executive bodies were the district directorates. The district office Müllheim belonged to the Wiesenkreis with official seat in Lörrach. The administrative reform of 1832 replaced the meanwhile remaining six district directorates as central authorities by the district governments of four districts - Seekreis, Oberrheinkreis, Mittelrheinkreis, Unterrheinkreis ¿ and assigned the district of Müllheim to the Oberrheinkreis with administrative seat in Freiburg. With the Act of 5 October 1863 on the Organisation of Internal Administration, effective from 1 October 1864, these four districts were dissolved, the district governments were abolished without substitution as the central bodies of state administration and the district offices were directly subordinated to the Ministry of the Interior, with the number of offices being reduced to 59 and from 1872 to 52 (from 1898 again 53). At the same time, in 1864, the Grand Duchy was divided into eleven district associations as local self-governing bodies without state responsibilities, retaining the district offices as state administrative authorities. The district of Müllheim was assigned to the district of Lörrach. The district offices and district associations in the four newly formed state commissioner districts of Constance, Freiburg, Karlsruhe and Mannheim were combined to handle state administrative supervision. At their head was a state commissioner with a seat and vote in the Grand Ducal Ministry of the Interior. The district office Müllheim was assigned to the Landeskommissärbezirk Freiburg.1924 the number of district offices was reduced again, from 53 to 40. 1936/1938 the number of district offices was reduced again, from 40 to 27. In addition the 1864 established district associations were abolished, and the previous districts received the designation Landkreise from 1 January 1939. The district administrations thus became a mixed construction of state administration and local self-administration. In the Nazi dictatorship, however, their formally maintained powers of self-administration were only on paper, since the decision-making and decision-making powers were transferred from the district assembly to the district chairman appointed by the Ministry of the Interior, who was assisted by three to six district councils only in an advisory capacity. In the reorganization of the administration after the end of the war in 1945, the legal supervision of the administrative districts, which continued to perform state tasks but now really also became local self-governing bodies with democratic legitimation, was initially transferred from the state commissioners to the (southern) Baden Ministry of the Interior. After the formation of the federal state of Baden-Württemberg, it was replaced by the Regional Council of South Baden as the central authority for the administrative district of South Baden. The district area reform in Baden-Württemberg, which came into force on 1 January 1973, brought an end to the district of Müllheim, whose towns and municipalities were for the most part incorporated into the district of Breisgau-Hochschwarzwald. In the 160 years of its existence, the district office and district administrator's office of Müllheim has undergone repeated changes which cannot be explained in detail here. The district received the largest growth through the dissolution of the Staufen District in 1936, when the municipalities in the southern part of the district were assigned to the Müllheim District Office, which included the following towns and municipalities: Auggen with Hach, Badenweiler, Ballrechten with Kastelhof, Betberg, Britzingen, Buggingen, Dattingen, Dottingen, Gallenweiler, Gittingen, Hügelheim, Laufen, Lipburg, Müllheim, Muggardt, Neuenburg, Niederweiler, Oberweiler, St. Ilgen, Schweighof with the Sirnitzer Höfe, Sehringen, Sulzburg with Sengelberger Hof, Vögisheim, Zienken and Zunzingen. When it was dissolved, the district of Müllheim included the following locations: Auggen, Badenweiler, Ballrechten (today Ballrechten-Dottingen), Bamlach (today district of Bad Bellingen, district of Lörrach), Bad Bellingen (today district of Lörrach), Bremgarten (today district of Hartheim), Britzingen (today district of Müllheim), Buggingen, Dattingen (today part of Müllheim), Dottingen (today Ballrechten-Dottingen), Eschbach, Feldberg (today part of Müllheim), Feuerbach (today part of Kandern, district of Lörrach), Gallenweiler (today part of Heitersheim), Grißheim (today district of Neuenburg), Grunern (today district of Staufen), Heitersheim, Hertingen (today district of Bad Bellingen, district of Lörrach), Hügelheim (today district of Müllheim), Kandern (today district of Lörrach), Bad Krozingen, Laufen (today part of Sulzburg), Liel (today part of Schliengen, district of Lörrach), Lipburg (today part of Badenweiler), Malsburg (today Malsburg-Marzell, district of Lörrach), Marzell (today Malsburg-Marzell, district of Lörrach), Mauchen (today district of Schliengen, district of Lörrach), Müllheim, Neuenburg, Niedereggenen (today district of Schliengen, district of Lörrach), Niederweiler (today district of Müllheim), Obereggenen (today district of Schliengen, district of Lörrach), Obermünstertal (today Münstertal), Rheinweiler (today district of Bad Bellingen, district of Lörrach), Riedlingen (today district of Kandern, district of Lörrach), Schlatt (today district of Bad Krozingen), Schliengen (today district of Lörrach), Schweighof (today part of Badenweiler), Seefelden (today part of Buggingen), Sitzenkirch (today part of Kandern, district of Lörrach), Staufen, Steinenstadt (today part of Neuenburg), Sulzburg, Tannenkirch (today part of Kandern), County Lörrach), Tunsel (today district of Bad Krozingen), Untermünstertal (today Münstertal), Vögisheim (today district of Müllheim), Wettelbrunn (today district of Staufen), Zienken (today district of Neuenburg), Zunzingen (today district of Müllheim). Inventory history: Before the beginning of the registration work, the files of the district office / district office Müllheim were distributed to the following inventories:a) B 725/1, /2, /3, /4, /5, /6, /7, /8, /9, /10, /11, /12, /13, /14, /16; B 793/1; B 793/2b) E 27/1, /3 c) G 18/1, /2, /4, /6, /7, /8, /9, /13, /14, /15, /16, /17, /18, /19The stocks mentioned under a) were first combined to form stock B 725/1 (new). In the process, foreign provenances with a term ending after 1806 and before 1953 were taken and assigned to other holdings of the Freiburg State Archives according to their provenance. In a second step, the holdings listed under b), which had been formed from documents delivered by the District Office Müllheim, were integrated into the holdings B 725/1 (new). Thirdly, the files from the holdings mentioned under c) with the provenance Bezirksamt/Landratsamt Müllheim were incorporated into B 725/1 (new). From all three groups of holdings, files with the end of their term before 1806 and after 1952 were separated and transferred to the General State Archive Karlsruhe or to the District Archive Breisgau-Hochschwarzwald. In justified exceptional cases, e.g. when the proportion of written material created after 1952 in a file was limited to a few documents, files with a duration beyond 1952 were also included in B 725/1 (new).Notes for use:Concordances in the printed version of the finding aid book for B 725/1 (new) show all presignatures of the individual files. The pre-signature 1 contains the last signature used in the Freiburg State Archives before the new indexing and the pre-signature 2 the penultimate signature used in the Freiburg State Archives or the signature formerly used in the Karlsruhe General State Archives. The present holdings were recorded by Corina Giesin, Edgar Hellwig, Dr. Kurt Hochstuhl, Annika Scheumann, Bernhard Schüly, Anja Steeger and Dr. Christof Strauß. Dr. Christof Strauß was responsible for the planning, organisation and coordination of the work, final correction and final editing of the finding aid was carried out by the undersigned with the assistance of Anja Steeger. The stock B 725/1 now comprises 13018 fascicles and measures 102.40 lfd.m.Freiburg, December 2012Edgar Hellwig
History of the authorities: As a result of the territorial upheavals in the Napoleonic period, a total of 66 sovereign and 53 rank sovereign offices were created in Baden on the basis of the organisational edict of 26 October 1809. The number of district offices (since 1939: administrative districts) and upper offices was reduced in the course of the time by merging and abolition, so that 1945 in the today's administrative district Freiburg only 16 administrative districts (Donaueschingen, Emmendingen, Freiburg, Kehl, Konstanz, Lahr, Lörrach, Müllheim, Neustadt, Offenburg, Säckingen, Stockach, Überlingen, Villingen, Waldshut, Wolfach) and - since 1939 - two city districts (Freiburg, Konstanz) existed. Apart from the offices of the rank and rank abolished in 1849 at the latest, the district offices were purely state authorities. Only by the administrative district order of 24.6.1939 they received - de facto however only on paper - also tasks of a self-administration body. They were primarily responsible for general state administration, but were also responsible for the police and - until the establishment of their own court organisation (1857) - the judiciary, in particular the civil courts. As administrative authorities they were assigned to the Ministry of the Interior and subordinated to changing central authorities (district directorates, from 1832 district governments, from 1863 state commissioners); with regard to the judiciary, the court courts and the district directorates or district governments were superior to them.1819: The district office Appenweier was abolished and its area of responsibility distributed among the offices Offenburg and Oberkirch until 1952. The district office Offenburg receives: Appenweier, Durbach, Ebersweier, Herztal, Urloffen and Windschläg.1872:The Gengenbach office is abolished and assigned to the Offenburg upper office.1934:The Offenburg administrative district receives the Dundenheim municipality from the Lahr administrative district.1936:The Oberkirch administrative district is abolished and integrated into the Offenburg administrative district. In return, Offenburg transfers the municipalities of Zell am Harmersbach, Oberharmersbach and Unterharmersbach to the district of Wolfach as well as Altenheim, Appenweier, Urloffen, Marlen-Goldscheuer and Müllen to the district of Kehl.1939:The district of Offenburg transfers the municipality of Biberach to the district of Wolfach. Inventory history: Before the beginning of the indexing work, the files of the Offenburg District Office were distributed among the following holdings:a) B 728/1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 8, 9 and 10;b) E 29/1 and 2;c) G 21/1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 8, 10 and 11;d) W 499. Initially, the holdings listed under a) and b) were combined to form holdings B 728/1 (new). Foreign provenances in these holdings - above all files of the district offices Gengenbach and Oberkirch as well as of the Donaukreisdirektorium and the government of the Mittelrheinkreis - were removed beforehand and either assigned to other holdings of the State Archives Freiburg in accordance with the provenance or transferred to the General State Archives Karlsruhe for reasons of competence. In a second step, all files with a term up to and including 1952 were taken from the holdings mentioned under c) and transferred to the existing holdings. Stocks G 21/8 and 11 did not contain any such files, while stock G 21/10 was completely absorbed by B 728/1. In justified exceptional cases, such as when the proportion of written material created after 1952 in a file was limited to a few documents, even files with a term beyond 1952 were included in B 728/1.Thirdly, all files of the provenance "Landratsamt Offenburg" from the provisional stock W 499, which contains documents from the stocks 129 to 228 of the General State Archives Karlsruhe, which reached the State Archives Freiburg within the scope of the mutual equalisation of stocks, were also included. Under the pre-signature 1 you will find the last signature used in the State Archives Freiburg before the new indexing, under the pre-signature 2 the penultimate signature of the State Archives Freiburg and under the pre-signature 3 the signature formerly used in the General State Archives Karlsruhe - Local files on Bottenau can also be found under Durbach - For better orientation in the local files in the paper index, the respective place name is listed in the annotation field for each file.The present holdings were recorded by Bernhard Schühly from autumn 2004 to summer 2006. The undersigned was responsible for supervising the work. The existence B 728/1 covers 10,406 Faszikel after its new listing now and measures 75.5 lfd.m.Freiburg, September 2006 Dr. Christof StraußIn the course of a virtual unification of the spatially at different places stored documents of the regional office/county office Offenburg the organization of the existence was extended by two points. Under "Akten in der Abt. 229 des Generallandesarchivs Karlsruhe" you can find documents of the district office Offenburg, which were classified in Karlsruhe in the inventory 229 (special files of the smaller offices and places). Numerous general files which have not been transferred to the Freiburg State Archives and which are kept in Offenburg can be found under the heading "Files with terms up to 1952 in the Offenburg District Archives". For these documents, the title recordings made in the Offenburg district archives and the structure used there were taken over in their entirety, although in individual cases names had to be omitted. It is not possible to order files from these two subdivisions from the Freiburg State Archives and must be ordered from the Karlsruhe General State Archives or the Offenburg District Archives.Freiburg, February 2007 Dr. Christof Strauß
History of the authorities: The territorial reorganization of Germany by Napoleon brought the former margraviate of Baden between 1803 and 1810 almost a doubling of its territory and an enormous expansion of its population, as well as in 1803 the elevation first to electorate and in 1806 finally to grand duchy. This increase in land and people made it imperative to reorganize and standardize the administrative structures of the administratively heterogeneous state. The organizational edicts issued between 1806 and 1809 served the realization of this goal. In addition to the Privy Council and Deputy Minister Johann Nicolaus Friedrich Brauer (1754 - 1813), it was the Baden State and Cabinet Minister Sigismund von Reitzenstein (1766 - 1847) who played a decisive role in the administrative reorganization and modernization of the Grand Duchy. The Grand Duchy of Baden was divided into 66 sovereign and 53 rank sovereign offices by the organisational edict of 26 October 1809. While the latter were gradually abolished again by 1849 at the latest, the total number of state district offices and upper offices was reduced in the course of time by merging and abolishing them. originally, the district offices were purely state authorities and as such primarily responsible for general state administration, but also had to perform tasks of the police and - until the establishment of their own court organisation in 1857 - of the judiciary, in particular civil jurisdiction. As subordinate authorities, they were subordinated to the district directorates as intermediate instances. The upper office created in 1807 and from 1809 the district office Säckingen belonged to the province of the Upper Rhine and was assigned to the directorate of the Wiesenkreis with seat in Lörrach. With the organisational reform of 1832, the originally ten district directorates, named after rivers (exception: Seekreis), were replaced by the district governments of the four districts - Seekreis, Oberrheinkreis, Mittelrheinkreis, Unterheinkreis - and the district office of Säckingen was subordinated to the government of the Oberrheinkreis based in Freiburg. As a link between local and central authorities, the law of 1863 (amended 1865) then installed the four state commissioner districts of Constance, Freiburg, Karlsruhe and Mannheim, each headed by a state commissioner who had his seat and vote in the Grand Ducal Ministry of the Interior. The district office Säckingen was assigned to the Sprengel of the Landeskommissärbezirk Konstanz. Furthermore, in 1864, the Grand Duchy was divided into eleven district associations as local self-governing bodies without state responsibilities, retaining the district offices as state administrative authorities. The district Säckingen formed together with the sprinkles of the district offices Bonndorf, Jestetten (1872 finally abolished), St. Blasien, and Waldshut the district association Waldshut with seat in Waldshut. Finally, the Law on the Organization of Internal Administration of October 5, 1863 abolished the district governments without substitution as the medium instances of state administration and subordinated the district offices directly to the Ministry of Interior. Already in 1924 the name for the executive committee of the district had been changed to Landrat. By the county regulation of 24 June 1939 the 1864 established county federations were abolished and replaced by counties. The district administrations thus became a mixed construction of state administration and local self-administration. In the Nazi dictatorship, however, their formally maintained powers of self-administration were only on paper, since the decision-making and decision-making powers were transferred from the district assembly to the district chairman appointed by the Ministry of the Interior, who was assisted by three to six district councils only in an advisory capacity. In the reorganization of the administration after the end of the war in 1945, the legal supervision of the administrative districts, which continued to perform state tasks but now really also became local self-governing bodies with democratic legitimation, was initially transferred from the state commissioners to the (southern) Baden Ministry of the Interior. Following the formation of the federal state of Baden-Württemberg, the regional council of South Baden replaced it as the central authority for the administrative district of South Baden - since the administrative reform of 1971, the regional council or administrative district of Freiburg. According to the Großherzoglich Badischen Regierungsblatt of December 9, 1809, the following locations belonged to the district office of Säckingen in addition to the town of Säckingen itself: Rippolingen, Katzenmoos, Harpolingen, Rickenbach, Hennematt, Bergalingen, Jungholz, Egg, Willaringen, Willadingen, von Zweyer'sche Lehenhof, Wickartsmühle and Schweikhof, Atdorf, Hornberg, Hütten, Rütte, Altenschwand, Glassworks, Hottingen, Obergebisbach, Untergebisbach, Herrischried, Herrischrieder Säge, Herrischrieder Rütte, Herrischwand, Schellenberg, Giersbach, Lochhäuser, Wehrhalden, Lindauer Lehenhof, Warmbach, Nollingen, Karsau, Riedmatt. Due to the frequent changes in the layout of the district sprinkles and the dissolution and re-establishment of district offices on the Upper Rhine, the sprinkles of the Säckingen District and District Office were repeatedly changed from their establishment in 1807 to the year 1952. A complete and detailed account of all these administrative changes would go too far here. So here are just a few examples: The official sprinkler received considerable growth when the Kleinlaufenburg district office, which had existed for only a few years, was dissolved. In addition to the city of Kleinlaufenburg itself, 30 towns were added to the district of Säckingen: Hauenstein, Murg, Rüttehof, Rhina, Diggeringen, Binzgen, Hänner, Oberhof, Niederhof, Zechenwihl, Görwihl, Oberwihl, Rüßwihl, Lochmühle, Tiefenstein, Rotzingen, Burg, Hartschwand, Strittmatt, Engelschwand, Hogschür, Lochmatt, Segeten, Hochsal, Rotzel, Luttingen, Grünholz, Stadenhausen, Schachen and Niederwihl. Also the places of the 1813 abolished office Wehr came to the district Säckingen. The administrative district received further growth with the abolition of the Schopfheim district on 1 October 1936 in the course of the reorganisation of the state of Baden, as the municipalities of the abolished district were divided between the two districts of Lörrach and Säckingen. Stock history: Before the beginning of the registration work, the files of the district office / district office Säckingen were distributed to the following stocks:(a) B 689/1; B 718/1; B 726a/1; B 733/1; B 733/2; B 733/3; B 733/4; B 733/5; B 733/6; B 733/7; B 733/8; B 733/9; B 733/10; B 733/11, B 733/12, B 733/13, B 733/14, B 733/15, B 733/16, B 733/17, B 733/18, B 733/19, B 733/21, B 733/22, B 733/23, B 733/24; B 733/25; B 750a/1 as well as B 37/7;b) G 23/1; G 23/2; G 23/3; G 23/4; G 23/5; G 23/6; G 23/7; G 23/8; G 23/9; G 23/11; G 23/13; G 23/16; G 23/17; G 23/18The stocks mentioned under a) were first integrated into the existing stocks B 733/1. The files of the Nollingen, Beuggen, Wehr and Kleinlaufenburg district offices, which had existed for only a short time, were also integrated into this collection. Foreign provenances in all these holdings were taken and either assigned to other holdings of the Freiburg State Archives in accordance with their provenance or transferred to the Karlsruhe General State Archives for reasons of competence. In a second step, the holdings mentioned under b), which had been formed by the segregation of prior provenances from file deliveries of the Säckingen District Office, were transferred to the holdings B 733/1 of the Säckingen District Office, provided that the term of the files did not exceed 1952. In justified exceptional cases, e.g. when the proportion of written material created after 1952 in a file was limited to a few documents, even files with a duration beyond 1952 were included in B 733/1.Notes for use:- Concordances in the paper index show all presignatures of the individual files. The signature last used in the Freiburg State Archives before the new recording is found under Presignature 1 and the signature second to last in the Freiburg State Archives or the signature formerly used in the Karlsruhe General State Archives under Presignature 2. The present holdings were recorded by Solveig Adolph, David Boomers, Joanna Genkova, Corinna Giesin, Edgar Hellwig, Wolfgang Lippke and Annika Scheumann. Dr. Christof Strauß was responsible for the planning, organisation and coordination of the work, final correction and final editing of the finding aid was carried out by the undersigned. The stock B 733/1 now comprises 7361 fascicles and measures 62.75 m. Freiburg, August 2011 Edgar Hellwig
History of the authorities: The territorial reorganization of Germany by Napoleon almost doubled the territory of the former margraviate of Baden between 1803 and 1810. In 1803 it was elevated to the status of electorate and in 1806 to that of grand duchy. This made it necessary to restructure and standardize the administrative structures of the administratively heterogeneous state. The organizational edicts issued between 1806 and 1809 divided the Grand Duchy of Baden into 66 provincial and 53 municipal offices. The offices of the rank were abolished until 1849 or converted into the offices of the sovereign. The number of district offices in Baden was significantly reduced by mergers and abolitions in the course of the 19th and 20th centuries.Originally, the district offices were purely state authorities and as such were primarily responsible for general state administration and for state supervision of the activities of municipal administrations in their respective districts, but they were also responsible for the police and - until the establishment of their own court organisation in 1857 - the judiciary, in particular civil justice. The district office Überlingen belonged to the Seekreis. The administrative reform of 1832 replaced the meanwhile remaining six district directorates as central authorities by the district governments of four districts and assigned the district Überlingen to the Seekreis. In 1864 these four districts were dissolved and the district offices were directly subordinated to the Ministry of the Interior. At the same time, the Grand Duchy was divided into eleven district associations as municipal self-governing bodies without state responsibilities, and the district of Überlingen became part of the Constance District. The district offices and district associations were combined into four state commissioner districts for the purpose of handling state administrative supervision. At their head was a state commissioner with a seat and vote in the Grand Ducal Ministry of the Interior. The district office Überlingen was added to the Landeskommissärbezirk Konstanz. 1864 established district federations were abolished in 1939 and the districts were renamed in districts starting from 1 January; their leaders carried already since 1924 the title district administrator. The district administrations thus became a mixed construction of state administration and local self-administration. During the National Socialist era, however, their formally maintained powers of self-administration existed only on paper, since the decision-making powers and powers of decision were transferred from the district assembly to the district chairman appointed by the Ministry of the Interior, to whom three to six district councillors merely advised. When the administration was reorganised after the end of the war in 1945, legal supervision of the districts, which continued to perform state functions but now really also became local self-governing bodies with democratic legitimacy, was initially transferred from the state commissioners to the (southern) Baden Ministry of the Interior. After the formation of the federal state of Baden-Württemberg, it was replaced by the Regional Council of South Baden as the central authority for the administrative district of South Baden. During the district reform in 1973, the district of Überlingen was dissolved and most of the municipalities were assigned to the Lake Constance district, the municipalities of the northern district came to the district of Sigmaringen. The Überlingen district underwent various changes over time, the largest being in 1936 when the Pfullendorf district office was abolished and merged with the Überlingen district. Inventory history: Before the beginning of the registration work, the files of the Überlingen District Office were distributed among the following holdings:a) B 747/1, /2, /3, /4, /5, /6, /8, /9, and /10 b) S 24/1 and /2 c) G 27/2, /3, /4, /5, /6, /9, /10, /11, /12, /13, /14, /16, /17, /18, /19, /21, /22, and /25The holdings listed under a) were first combined to form holdings B 747/1 (new). In the process, foreign provenances with a term ending after 1806 and before 1952 were taken and assigned to other holdings of the Freiburg State Archives according to their provenance. The stock B 747/9 was completely integrated into the stock B 729/9 district office Pfullendorf. The holdings B 747/4 and /10 were completely merged into B 747/1 (new).the files from the holdings mentioned under c) with the provenance Bezirksamt/Landratsamt Überlingen were incorporated into B 747/1 (new). From all three groups of holdings, files with a term ending before 1806 and after 1952 were separated and handed over to the General State Archive Karlsruhe or to the Archive of the Lake Constance District. The holdings G 27/17, /18, /19 and /25 went completely to the archives of the Lake Constance district. In well-founded exceptional cases, such as when the proportion of documents created after 1952 in a file was limited to a few documents, files with a term beyond 1952 were also included in B 747/1 (new). Notes on use:Concordances in the printed version of the finding aid book for B 747/1 (new) show all presignatures of the individual files. The signature last used in the Freiburg State Archives before the new recording is found under Presignature 1 and the signature second to last in the Freiburg State Archives or the signature formerly used in the Karlsruhe General State Archives under Presignature 2. The present holdings were recorded by Edgar Hellwig, Annette Riek, Christina Röhrenbeck, Annika Scheumann and Anja Steeger. Planning, organisation and coordination as well as final correction and final editing of the finding aid were carried out by the undersigned. The stock B 747/1 comprises 10886 fascicles and measures 94 lfd.m.Freiburg, November 2014Annette Riek
History of the authorities: The territorial reorganization of Germany by Napoleon brought the former margraviate of Baden between 1803 and 1810 almost a doubling of its territory and an enormous expansion of its population, as well as in 1803 the elevation first to electorate and in 1806 finally to grand duchy. This increase in the size of the country and its people made it imperative that the heterogeneous political system be restructured and unified in administrative terms. The organizational edicts issued between 1806 and 1809 served the realization of this goal. In addition to the Privy Council and Deputy Minister Johann Nicolaus Friedrich Brauer (1754 - 1813), it was the Baden State and Cabinet Minister Sigismund von Reitzenstein (1766 - 1847) who played a decisive role in the reorganization and administrative modernization of the Grand Duchy. The Organisational Edict of 26 October 1809 divided the Grand Duchy of Baden into 66 sovereign and 53 ranked offices. While the latter were gradually abolished again by 1849 at the latest, the total number of district offices and upper offices was reduced in the course of time by merging and abolishing them. originally the district offices were purely state authorities and as such primarily responsible for general state administration, but also had to perform tasks of the police and - until the establishment of their own court organisation in 1857 - of the judiciary, in particular civil jurisdiction. As sub authorities they were subordinated to the district directorates as middle instances - the district office Villingen created in 1809 first to the directorate of the Danube district with seat in Villingen. In 1819 the Donaukreis was dissolved and united with the Seekreis. The originally ten district directorates, named after rivers (exception: Seekreis), were replaced by the district governments of the four districts - Seekreis, Oberrheinkreis, Mittelrheinkreis, Unterheinkreis - with the organisational reform of the year 1832 and the district office Villingen was subordinated to the government of the Seekreis. Finally, the Law on the Organization of Internal Administration of October 5, 1863 abolished the district governments without substitution as the medium instances of state administration and subordinated the district offices directly to the Ministry of Interior. As a link between local and central authorities, the law of 1863 (amended 1865) installed four state commissionariats - Constance, Freiburg, Karlsruhe, Mannheim - each headed by a state commissioner who had a seat and vote in the ministry. The district office Villingen was assigned to the Sprengel of the Landeskommissariat Konstanz. Furthermore, in 1864, the Grand Duchy was divided into eleven district associations as local self-governing bodies without state responsibilities, retaining the district offices as state administrative authorities. The district association Villingen with seat in Villingen comprised the national administrative districts Donaueschingen, Triberg (up to its dissolution in the year 1924) and Villingen. State organ with the district federations was the administrative official of the district, in which the district federation had its seat, as a district captain. Thus the executive committee of the district office Villingen was in personal union at the same time district captain of the district association Villingen. The corporate body of the district association was the district assembly of elected members. The district association Villingen is thus the actual "ancestor" of the former administrative district Villingen and/or, since 1973, of the today's administrative district Schwarzwald-Baar as local self-administration body. Already in 1924 the name for the executive committee of the administrative district had been changed into Landrat. By the administrative district order of 24 June 1939 the 1864 established district federations were abolished and replaced by districts. In the Nazi dictatorship, however, their formally maintained powers of self-administration were only on paper, since the decision-making and decision-making powers were transferred from the district assembly to the district chairman appointed by the Ministry of the Interior, who was assisted by three to six district councils only in an advisory capacity. Area and authority of the new administrative district Villingen as local self-administration body was now congruent with the administrative district of the state administration. In the reorganization of the administration after the end of the war in 1945, the legal supervision of the districts, which now became real local self-governing bodies with democratic legitimation, was initially transferred from the state commissioners to the (South) Baden Ministry of the Interior. After the formation of the federal state of Baden-Württemberg, the Regional Council of South Baden took its place as the central authority for the administrative district of South Baden - since the administrative reform of 1971, the Regional Council and the administrative district of Freiburg, respectively. The district and later district administration office of Villingen underwent repeated changes from its establishment in 1809 to the year 1952, especially in the first half of the 19th century. In 1834, the administrative district of Villingen comprised 25 municipalities in addition to the town of Villingen itself: Biesingen, Dauchingen, Dürrheim, Fischbach, Grüningen, Kappel, Klengen, Königsfeld, Marbach, Mönchweiler, Neuhausen, Niedereschach, Oberbaldingen, Obereschach, Oberkirnach, Öfingen, Pfaffenweiler, Rietheim, Schabenhausen, Stockburg, Sunthausen, Überauchen, Unterkirnach, Weiler and Weilersbach. In 1850, the city of Vöhrenbach and the municipalities of Langenbach, Linach and Schönenbach were assigned to the administrative district of Villingen from the administrative district of Triberg. The latter received further growth in 1857, when the official district of Hornberg was merged with that of Triberg, namely the towns and municipalities of Brigach, Buchenberg, Peterzell and St. Georgen. When the district office of Hornberg was dissolved in 1924, further towns were added to the Sprengel of the district office of Villingen. The law on the new division of the internal administration of 30 June 1936 did not bring any serious changes to the district office, but since 1939 the district administration office of Villingen, on the other hand, did not bring any serious changes to its district: only the municipality of Grüningen had to be handed over to the district or district administration office of Donaueschingen.The changes in the district of Villingen as a result of the district reform, which came into force on 1 January 1973, with the formation of the district of Schwarzwald-Baar by unification of the districts of Villingen and Donaueschingen are outside the period under consideration and are therefore not mentioned. Inventory history: Before the beginning of the registration work, the files of the Villingen District Office were distributed among the following holdings:a) B 748/1, /2, /3, /4, /5, /6, /7, /8, B 812/1b) E 33/1c) G 24/1, /3, /4, G 28/1d) W 499The holdings mentioned under a) were first combined to form the holdings B 748/1 (new). In a second step, the inventory mentioned under b), which had been formed by the separation of preproveniences from file deliveries of the Freiburg Regional Council, was integrated into the inventory B 748/1 (new) of the Villingen District Office. Thirdly, all files of the provenance Bezirksamt/Landratsamt Villingen with a term up to and including 1952 were taken from the holdings mentioned under c) and transferred to the present holdings. In well-founded exceptional cases, such as when the proportion of documents created after 1952 in a file was limited to a few documents, even files with a term beyond 1952 were included in B 748/1.Fourthly, all files of the provenance "Landratsamt Villingen" from the provisional stock W 499, which contains the written material from the stocks 129 to 228 of the General State Archives Karlsruhe, which reached the State Archives of Freiburg at the time of the mutual equalisation of holdings, were also incorporated. The pre-signature 1 contains the last signature used in the Freiburg State Archives before the new indexing and the pre-signature 2 the penultimate signature used in the Freiburg State Archives or the signature formerly used in the Karlsruhe General State Archives. The present holdings were recorded by David Boomers, Joanna Genkova, Edgar Hellwig and Wolfgang Lippke. Dr. Christof Strauß was responsible for the planning, organisation and coordination of the work, final correction and final editing of the finding aid was carried out by the undersigned. The stock B 748/1 now comprises 5768 fascicles after its redrawing and measures 60.70 lfd.m.Freiburg, December 2009 Edgar Hellwig
History of the possession of the island Mainau: After the abolition of the Kommende of the Teutonic Order on the island Mainau in 1805, the Kommenden possession first fell to the Baden state; today the Kommenden archive in the General State Archives consists mainly of the holdings 5 (documents Mainau) and 93 (files Mainau). After a rapid change of ownership - 1827 from Baden to Prince Nikolaus von Esterhazy, 1827 from his son Nikolaus Freiherr von Mainau to Katharina Gräfin Langenstein - Grand Duke Friedrich I of Baden bought the island from Langenstein¿schem in 1853 with funds from the private box and made the Teutonic Order palace a secondary residence. With advancing age, the stays of the Grand Duke and his wife Luise became increasingly frequent; the park owes its design largely to Frederick's initiative. In 1907 the Grand Duke of Mainau died. After her death in 1923, the widow's residence of the Grand Duchess was transferred to her son Frederick II, and from him to his sister Victoria, Queen of Sweden. In 1930, their grandson Lennart, now Count Bernadotte, took possession of the Mainau. History and notes on tradition: The Schlossarchiv, which was handed over to the General State Archives in 1997 as a deposit of Blumeninsel Mainau GmbH, depicts the history of possession and the court holdings of the Grand Ducal couple rather fragmentarily. Only the planned stock has survived as a closed overdelivery complex. After the death of Frederick I, Grand Duchess Luise decided that neither the castle nor the park could be altered in any way, so the plans provide a good overview of the conversion of the old Kommende buildings and the layout of the park from the Grand Ducal period to the Bernadotte era. Almost all the plans came from the architects of the Grand Ducal Court Building Office (Dyckerhoff, Hemberger, Amersbach), a few from the Court Garden Centre, from commissioned companies and from the Constance District Building Inspectorate. Outside the island, only the St. Katharina estate near Litzelstetten and a park bench near Constance are documented. The plans were recorded in detail by Ms. Kreyenberg before they were handed over to the General State Archives; her index continues to serve as a finding aid for the plan inventory, while the file part of the archive consists only of fragments. There are internal and external reasons for this. The changing courtly style between Karlsruhe, Baden-Baden, Badenweiler and Mainau may have brought with it a transport of written documents, which in all residences allowed half site-related, half accidentally left behind layers of files to emerge. In many respects, the Mainau holdings correspond almost perfectly to the files that have been kept in the General State Archives since 1995 from the tradition in the New Palace in Baden-Baden: Here and there the boundaries between the files of the court authorities, the daily ceremony and the personal, princely estate can hardly be drawn exactly, here and there correspondence and telegram series, diaries and notebooks, private entries and greeting addresses, documents of the wide-ranging charity work of Grand Duchess Luise and much more can be found. (cf. GLA 69 Baden, Collection 1995 A, B, D, F I, FII, G , K). In a nutshell, the Mainau collection - insofar as it does not directly refer to the Mainau court - microscopically depicts the Baden-Baden manor; both collections relate primarily to Grand Duchess Luise, and only in the second to her husband and children. As in Baden-Baden, the Mainau collection also includes a large group of photographs documenting, among other things, the close ties to relatives of the imperial family. Unlike in Baden-Baden, however, the fragmentary character of the Mainau archive also seems to be due to unintentional interventions. In the summer of 1945, the castle served as a military hospital for former concentration camp prisoners; during this time, they are said to have burned the archives, the bookkeeping and the more recent documentation of the island and to have taken documents with them when they were released in September (Alexander and Johanna Dées de Sterio, Die Mainau, Stuttgart / Zürich 1977 p.93). It will no longer be possible to reconstruct exactly what kind of archive this was; in any case, it must have been the written records of the goods administration which were taken over by the successors of the Teutonic Order and continued through the 19th century. Only fractions of files from this area have actually survived in today's inventory. Editor's report: Because of the difficult history of tradition, the order of the remaining holdings was not easy either. A separation according to personnel and court office conveniences would have made little sense and would also have been hardly possible in view of fragments that could hardly be allocated. Thus special occasions (such as birthdays and anniversaries) and special source genres (such as notebooks or telegrams) now form the highest order criteria, then the reference to persons or events and finally, within a unit of records, the chronological order; however, most of these units of records had to be formed first, since at the time the inventory was taken over any order of parts was not recognizable; as a rule they were loose, connected sheets.In August and September 1998, in the context of the training for the Higher Archive Service, the holdings were arranged by Claudia Maria Neesen and Christof Strauß under the guidance of the undersigned and recorded and indexed with the help of the MIDOSA programme package of the Landesarchivdirektion Baden-Württemberg. Karlsruhe, June 1999Konrad Krimm Conversion: The finding aid was converted in 2015. The final editing was carried out by Sara Diedrich in April 2016. The plans and building drawings were added under the inventory designation 69 Baden, Mainau K to the inventory 69 Baden, Mainau and listed under the signatures 69 Baden, Mainau K 1 to 69 Baden, Mainau K 209.
History of the authorities: As a result of the territorial upheavals in the Napoleonic period, a total of 66 sovereign and 53 rank sovereign offices were created in Baden on the basis of the organisational edict of 26 October 1809. The number of district offices (since 1939: administrative districts) and upper offices was reduced in the course of the time by merging and abolition, so that 1945 in the today's administrative district Freiburg only 16 administrative districts (Donaueschingen, Emmendingen, Freiburg, Kehl, Konstanz, Lahr, Lörrach, Müllheim, Neustadt, Offenburg, Säckingen, Stockach, Überlingen, Villingen, Waldshut, Wolfach) and - since 1939 - two city districts (Freiburg, Konstanz) existed. Apart from the offices of the rank and rank abolished in 1849 at the latest, the district offices were purely state authorities. Only by the administrative district order of 24.6.1939 they received - de facto however only on paper - also tasks of a self-administration body. They were primarily responsible for general state administration, but were also responsible for the police and - until the establishment of their own court organisation (1857) - the judiciary, in particular the civil courts. As administrative authorities they were assigned to the Ministry of the Interior and subordinated to changing central authorities (district directorates, from 1832 district governments, from 1863 state commissioners); with regard to the judiciary, the court courts and the district directorates or district governments were superior to them. Inventory history: Before the beginning of the indexing work, the files of the Oberkirch District Office were distributed among the following holdings:a) B 727/1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12;b) W 499. Initially, the holdings mentioned under a) were combined to form the holdings B 727/12 (new). All files of the provenance "Bezirksamt Oberkirch" from the provisional holdings W 499, which contains documents from the holdings 129 to 228 of the General State Archives Karlsruhe, which reached the State Archives Freiburg within the framework of the mutual equalisation of holdings, were also included in the work. The pre-signature 1 contains the last signature used in the Freiburg State Archives before the re-drawing and the pre-signature 2 the penultimate signature used in the Freiburg State Archives and the signature formerly used in the Karlsruhe State Archives, respectively. after preparatory work on the B 727 series of the Erdmuthe Krieg, the present holdings of David Boomers, Joanna Genkova, Edgar Hellwig, Wolfgang Lippke, Jochen Rees and Christof Strauß were recorded. Edgar Hellwig was responsible for the final editing of the finding aid book and the undersigned for supervising the work. The stock B 727/12 now comprises 6159 fascicles and measures 41.5 lfd.m.Freiburg, February 2009 Dr. Christof Strauß
History of traditions: In the mid-1930s, the Heeresarchiv Stuttgart developed the plan to create a picture archive of all officers and officials of the former XIIIth and XIVth Army Corps. In order to complete the personal data, a questionnaire was sent to the officers still alive or their families. The collection contains the pictures sent in, the questionnaires and other documents (some with CVs) of the officials and officers of the XIV Army Corps. In addition, the collection was enriched with pictures from other sources. Editing: If possible, the signatures of the corresponding personnel files or ranked lists were added to the respective comments field.
Preliminary remark 1976: Already in 1807 King Friedrich had the intention to establish a Württemberg legation in Darmstadt due to the close relationship to the Grand Duchy of Hesse established by the Confederation of the Rhine and in an effort to deepen the friendly relations of the sovereigns. However, the position was not filled until 1818, with general justification. From 1825 it remained vacant until 1852, at the suggestion of the Grand Duke, envoys were exchanged again. Even after the foundation of the Reich in 1871, official diplomatic relations were maintained. The Württemberg representatives at the Darmstadt court were generally certified as envoys at the Bundestag in Frankfurt and at the Kurhessischer court in Kassel, with headquarters in Frankfurt am Main, until 1866, as envoys in Baden, with headquarters in Karlsruhe, from 1867 to 1872, and as envoys in Baden and Bavaria, with headquarters in Munich, from 1873. Until 1866, in the absence of the envoy, the Württemberg representative of the association at the Hessian customs office in Darmstadt was regarded as the official representative of his state.The representatives of Württemberg were:Karl August Freiherr von Wangenheim, Privy Council, Minister of State, extraordinary envoy and authorized minister, November 1818 - November 1823 Freiherr von Blomberg, Privy Legation Council, resident of the Free City of Frankfurt, chargé d'affaires, December 1820, December 1823 - June 1825 by Reinhard, Council of State, extraordinary envoy and authorized minister, November 1852 - November 1865 Freiherr von Linden, Minister of State, extraordinary envoy and authorized minister, December 1865 - September 1866 Oskar Freiherr von Soden, Chamberlain, Legation Councillor, Carrier, January 1867 - October 1868 von Baur-Breitenfeld, Chamberlain, Legation Councillor, Carrier, November 1868 - November 1872 Oskar Freiherr von Soden, Chamberlain, Privy Council, Extraordinary Minister and Plenipotentiary Minister, May 1873 - May 1906 Karl Moser von Filseck, Chamberlain, Privy Legation Council, Extraordinary Minister and Plenipotentiary Minister, June 1906 - 1920.The envoy had mainly formal tasks to fulfill and those of representation, since facts between Württemberg and Hessian authorities were usually conducted directly, not through the envoy. He was usually invited to Darmstadt once or twice a year on the occasion of court festivities. Correspondence, after 1873 between 50 and 70 diary numbers per year, was therefore largely limited to the provision of congratulations, the sending of official printed matter, some enquiries and occasional reporting. When these tasks were almost completely abolished with the end of the monarchy, the activities of the envoy ceased in 1920, and the representation in Hesse was therefore only a secondary function. The small amount of written material was initially incorporated into the registry of the Bundestag legation. Only in 1852 did a separate file under the file number H I (= Hessen I) begin. The tradition of the years 1852 - 1866 arrived in the archive around 1869 with the Bundestag legation about the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and became in the today's stock German Federation under the signature E 65 Verz. 57 Fasz. 414 in custody. The documents from the Karlsruhe period were delivered by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs before 1910 with other mixed files and in this association under the signature E 36 Verz. 58 Fasz. 39 No. 86 left. The files that had grown up since 1873 were probably handed over to the archives in 1933 together with the registry of the Embassy in Bavaria and incorporated into the holdings under the signature E 73 Verz. 61 Bü 20b (1873 - 1895), Bü 20c (1896 - 1905) and 20d (1905 - 1920). These parts were removed from their previous context in 1977 - 1979, listed and reorganized as correspondent and fact files according to the scheme used for other legations. This work was supervised by Udo Herkert (54 Bü in 0.1 running m., i.e. the years up to 1866), by Edgar Lersch (32 Bü in 0.05 running m.) and by Udo Herkert (54 Bü in 0.1 running m., i.e. the years up to 1866), the State Archives student Edgar Lersch (32 Bü in 0.05 running m.), The inventory provides an approximate picture of the official activity of the envoy for the years 1852 - 1920 under the aforementioned restrictions. There are narrow limits to the scientific usability, since only the correspondence of the court marshal of Westerweller with the envoy of Soden has a certain weight of its own. The parallel tradition on the Württemberg side is found mainly in the holdings of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. The relevant Hessian written material should be kept by the State Archives Darmstadt. 239 Bü in 0.6 m. Stuttgart 1978gez. G. Cordes preliminary remark 1988: The completion of the present finding aid book took place with the help of the data processing on the basis of the program package MIDOSA of the national archive administration Baden-Wuerttemberg in the time from July to September 1988. the title photographs present on index cards were entered without substantial changes over screen into the system. At the same time as the inclusion of the title, the index terms were recorded, with a view to a later general index, broken down into a geographical index, a person index and a subject index. The re-indexing as well as the input was carried out within the framework of the training by the archive inspectors Corinna Pfisterer and Annette Prötzel under the guidance of the undersigned.Stuttgart, October 1988Kurt Hochstuhl