Universität

Elements area

Taxonomy

Code

Scope note(s)

    Source note(s)

      Display note(s)

        Hierarchical terms

        Universität

        Universität

          Equivalent terms

          Universität

            Associated terms

            Universität

              15 Archival description results for Universität

              15 results directly related Exclude narrower terms
              Archivaly - Akte
              I/MV 0734 · File · 1905-01-01 - 1922-12-31
              Part of Ethnological Museum, National Museums in Berlin

              description: Contains:StartVNr: E 1672/1905; EndVNr: E 2263/1905; and others: Cooperation with the Museum of Natural History, pp. 95, the Egyptian Museum, pp. 60 et seq., 118 et seq., and the Numismatic Collection, Berlin, (1905), pp. 60 et seq. - Donation to the Museum of Prehistory and Early History, Berlin, (1922), pp. 271 - Exchange of doublets with the Landesmuseum, Darmstadt, (1905, 1906), pp. 243 et seq. Cooperation with the Albany Museum, Grahamstown, (1905), pp. 56 et seq. - Cooperation with the High Command of the Schutztruppe, (1906), pp. 251 et seq., and the Psychological Institute of the University, Berlin, (1905), pp. 334 et seq. Collaboration with the universities, Chicago, pp. 72, 304, Vienna, pp. 137 f., the Liederkranz-Club, Johannesburg, pp. 53 f., and the British South-Africa Company, Cape Town, (1905), pp. 229 ff - Collaboration with missionaries, pp. 43 f., 80 ff., 163, 235, 322 ff., and the Basler Mission, (1905), p. 47 - by Luschan: Report on the purchase of a bark boat, Abschr., p. 143, Report on the purchase of the comp. Andrews and denture deformations with the Barotse and Batonga, (1905), p. 154 ff - Busch: Donation of stones with Bushman drawings, (1905), pp. 67 ff. - Deetjen: Report on upper lip jewellery of Makalanga women, pp. 128 ff., Report on the change of utensils, the disappearance of snuffboxes and grass fabrics, (1906), pp. 169 ff. - Peters: "The Exploration of Ruins in Zambesia.", (o.D.), Ztg.-Article, p. 132 - Andrews: "The Webster Ruin.", (1906), p. 183 ff - Government of Rhodesia: Rejection of the exhumation of skeletons, (1905), p. 190 - Schweinfurth: Offer of "Palaeolithic siliceous manufacts" from Upper Egypt, p. 259, "Type series of the Eolithic manufacts of Thebes.", p. 260 ff, "Type Series of the Palaeolithic Manufacts of Thebes", pp. 265 et seq., "List of the localities exploited by me in the surroundings of Thebes for the collection of pebble manufacts", (1905), Druckschr.., Bl. 269 f.- Ankermann: Report on the Collection Schauer, (1905), Bl. 286 f.- Hochapfel: Erklärung von Buschmann-Motiven, (1905), Bl. 307 f.- Donation of the Collection Mittelbachert to a Society, (1905), Ztg.-Artikel, Bl. 339.

              Budget and cash items
              _MfN.01 082 · File · 1890 - 1897
              Part of University Archive of the Humboldt University Berlin

              Contains: among others: - Table of contents of the file - Compilation of the costs incurred by Dr. Emin Pascha and Dr. Stuhlmann in procuring instruments and preservatives - Excerpts from budgets 1891/94, 1894/97, 1897/1900 - Travel expense reports.

              Colonial Geography Seminar
              Sächsisches Staatsarchiv, 11125 Ministerium des Kultus und öffentlichen Unterrichts, Nr. 10230/31 (Benutzung im Hauptstaatsarchiv Dresden) · File · 1918 - 1939
              Part of Saxon State Archives (Archivtektonik)
              • Includes among others: Meyer, H.: Content and Aims of Colonial Geography as a Subject - Colonial Science Lectures and Events at Berlin Universities Winter Semester 1912/13 - Hamburgisches Kolonialinstitut, List of Lectures 1915/16 description: Contains among others..: Meyer, H.: Content and aims of colonial geography as a teaching subject - Colonial science lectures and events at Berlin universities Winter semester 1912/13 - Hamburgisches Kolonialinstitut, list of lectures 1915/16 1918 - 1939, Sächsisches Staatsarchiv
              Stadtarchiv Worms, 185 · Fonds
              Part of City Archive Worms (Archivtektonik)

              Inventory description: Dept. 185 Family and company archive Ludwig C. Freiherr von Heyl Scope: 760 archive cartons, oversized formats (= 3169/3561 units of description (with a,b,c subdivisions approx. 3200) = 77 linear metres - of which 3.5 linear metres photo albums) Duration: 1877 - 1988 The holdings Dept. 185 Family and Company Archive Ludwig C. Freiherr von Heyl was handed over to the Worms City Archive as a deposit at the end of 1997 by Ludwig Cornelius Freiherr von Heyl (jun., 1920-2010). The documents stored in two cellar rooms of the Heylshof included or include both the private and parts of the former company archives of Ludwig C. Freiherr von Heyl until its closure in 1974. At the time of the takeover there was a list of "files Baron Ludwig jun. now in the Heylshofkeller", which had presumably been drawn up in the course of the relocation from Liebenau to the Heylshof. The written material was subdivided into VII main groups, the contents were roughly titled and the respective number of folders as well as their running time were recorded. For parts of the material, two storage-related provenance data were discernible. On the one hand the information "Files Baron Ludwig, vom Speicher Werk Liebenau" (old signature no. 784 - 889, no. 891 - 1163), on the other hand "Secretariat Baron Ludwig" (old signature no. 622 - 783) was found. Before being transported to the external magazine of the city archive (upper archive cellar in the administration building Adenauerring), the archive numbered the pieces and compiled an inventory list in which the folder spine titles were transferred, while maintaining the existing order. However, the material was not only filed in file folders, but was also partly tied up in metal cassettes, folders, a suitcase and in bundles. 45 large-format photo albums by Ludwig Freiherr von Heyl sen. (approx. 3.5 running metres) were also included. A total of approx. 1350 units were registered. For over ten years, this inventory list served as a provisional finding aid until the end of 2007, when the signatory began to record the archival data in the AUGIAS EDP archive program, which was completed in September 2009. In spring 2009, surprisingly more documents were discovered in a cupboard in the Heylshof, which were handed over to the city archives and could still be taken into account in the indexing. These were mainly documents relating to the Heylshof Foundation and files in connection with the liquidation of the Liebenau plant. First, a large part of the material was transferred to the city archives. In the run-up to the respective title recording in AUGIAS, a series of "handicrafts" had to be carried out. Various conservation measures were carried out in accordance with the requirements for the conservation of stocks. The documents were transferred from the file folders into acid-free archive folders, while the paper clips were also removed. Some files were dirty and cleaned, some had traces of mould. From many file folders two partly three new units were formed, which are reconstructable however by appropriate addition with the old archive signature as total units again. Some personal papers that could be rescued from the burnt-out Majorshof (Majorshof fire as a result of the war on 21.2.1945) in metal cassettes showed or show fire damage (brittle paper, poorly legible writing, etc.). In those cases in which it was justifiable from the conservation point of view, copies were made and the damaged documents left in envelopes in the fascicles for protection. Most recently, the units of description were packaged in acid-free archive cartons - a total of 757 cartons. The indexing was carried out according to Bär's principle (i.e. sequential numbering), the signatures of the provisional inventory list were recorded and enable the new signature to be found by means of concordance. If the file folders contained registry data, these were taken into account in the title recording so that statements about the completeness or the losses can also be made on the basis of old file directories to the private archive or the company registry. Various directories are available, e.g. in the holdings of Dept. 180/1 Firmenarchiv Heyl-Liebenau, in which the same registration mark system was used as for most documents from the provenance of Baron Ludwig sen. Field letters (1914-1918) were an extensive series, most of which had been stored bundled in wrapping paper. It was decided to remove the letters from the envelopes in the order in which they were found and to insert both parts, perforated, into the tube staplers. The positive aspects of this procedure were decisive in comparison to the damage caused by perforation, which was obviously originally intended anyway, as some field post letters already available in magazines show. The letters are easy to use when unfolded, they remain in the order in which they were found and the envelopes, most of which were destroyed in other correspondence after being placed in files, enable the sender to be identified. Most of the plans available, in particular for the Majorshof (also for the stable building converted into a residential building after the war), including plans of the Plum Building Council, were digitized, copies added to the inventory for better use, as well as two CD-ROMs with the photographs, which are also available in the photo archive. The large series with photo negatives (almost 7700 pieces) were left in the found labeled envelopes. They require subsequent cleaning and optimal conservation storage. This work should possibly be combined with a simultaneous digitalisation. The time-consuming creation of an index was dispensed with, as the keyword search in AUGIAS leads to the respective finding places. A good ten percent of the holdings were marked with a blocking notice in accordance with the requirements of the Rhineland-Palatinate State Archives Act. About 60 files were collected. These were essentially bulk documents such as newsletters from various associations and federations, advertising brochures, information leaflets (e.g. the so-called Fuchsbriefe), bank statements, etc. Classification: The classification for the collection Dept. 185 was only developed after the indexing, despite the provisional inventory list. This approach proved to be useful in retrospect, as it would certainly have given rise in advance to an excessively complex breakdown of content, which would probably have caused problems due to overlaps and thus not clearly realisable classifications. After completion of the distortion work, a three-division of the classification was fixed. The material assigned to main group 1 and accounting for approximately half of the inventory in terms of quantity comprises the estate of Ludwig C. Freiherr von Heyl sen. from about 1905/14 until his death in 1962. Here you will find personal-private items (name, family, diaries, private certificates and documents, anniversaries etc.), further correspondence (general correspondence, family, field post letters, artists' correspondence), also documents from the private, family and other sphere of activity of his wife Eva Marie von Heyl née von der Marwitz. In addition, material is available on his social commitment (in particular the Kunsthaus Heylshof Foundation), his political activities (town and country, political parties, political committees), his membership/activity in associations (e.g. Johanniterorden, Burschenschaft Saxo-Borussia Heidelberg, Heidelberger Kreis; NS economic group Leather Industry), numerous Wormser and supra-regional associations, his active military years and connections to military and veteran associations after 1918. In addition, photo albums and photo and negative series belong to the documents of Baron Ludwig sen. The second classification group comprises documents and correspondence since 1945 from Ludwig's son Ludwig Frhr. von Heyl jun., born in 1920, of the same name, with essentially correspondence (private and business), personal (private papers, war memoirs, documents concerning various stages of life, diary, family; duration 1920 - 1982) and various activities / activities in professional and trade associations, politics, Rotary club and associations. The third and last main classification group was set up for the files on the Lederwerke, primarily Heyl-Liebenau. Here you can find business documents from the time since 1923 when Ludwig C. Freiherr von Heyl sen. took over responsibility for the Lederwerke Heyl-Liebenau in Worms-Neuhausen, through the takeover and management by his son Ludwig jun. to the dissolution of this company, the last to produce leather in Worms, in 1974. Content: The documents in the inventory begin with Ludwig von Heyls years of study in Heidelberg (around 1905) and the simultaneous entry into his father's factory, the Lederwerke Cornelius Heyl. Private and general correspondence series as well as extensive field post (1914-1918) document his extremely broad activities in associations and federations of the Protestant national liberal bourgeoisie. Correspondence with associations, mainly regional (Aufbauverein bzw. Wiederaufbauwerk Worms e.V., Verkehrsverein Worms, Kasino- und Musikgesellschaft, Ruderclub Worms e.V., etc.) but also supra-regional associations include some file fascicles, others contain correspondence and documents on the Order of St John. The wealth of material on Ludwig von Heyl's decades of membership and activity in the exclusive student association Saxo-Borussia Heidelberg and the student association Heidelberger Kreis deserves special mention. During Ludwig von Heyl's active military service, there are records of his later active association with military veterans' associations and comradeships. Also correspondence with artists (e.g. sculptor David Fahrner, Prof. Schmoll von Eisenwerth, Daniel Greiner, Erich Arnold), some of which he sponsored as patrons, can be found in this collection. Ludwig C. von Heyls political activity (for the DVP) in the Wormser city parliament from 1918 to 1930, as hess. His involvement in local politics after 1945, as well as his work in the Evangelical Regional Church, is reflected in his work as a member of the Landtag (1924-1927). The splendid photo albums (from 1903 - 1937), which not only document the family environment and private activities, but also illustrate political and social events with supplementary source material (documents, newspaper clippings, leaflets, programmes, etc.), have a special source value. A continuation of the series was obviously planned, but was not implemented. However, material collections on "projected photo albums" are available until 1950. These were collected in envelopes and were stored in a suitcase when they were taken over. Further photographic material, negative series (negatives, glass plates, prints), including photographs from children's schools in Worms and the Sophienstift old people's home from the 1920s as well as photographs relating to Heyl-Liebenau offer a dense pictorial tradition up to the 1950s, and there are also some photo albums of other family members. Ludwig von Heyl sen. created a large proportion of photographic material and postcard series as material collections for lectures on travel. In the written record, which comes from the provenance of Ludwig C. Freiherr von Heyl jun., are, apart from correspondence (private and business), a large part of his work and membership in professional associations (hptsl. Verband der Deutschen Lederindustrie, in the association and in the VGTC - Verein für Gerberchemie und Technik). The available stock includes materials of various sizes from the Heyl-Liebenau leather works (from 1923), Emil Waeldin AG (from 1936), subsidiaries and foreign companies. Business correspondence, travel reports, daily, weekly and monthly reports, annual financial statements and memos are the focus of the documents. The final liquidation is also documented. The Kunsthaus Heylshof Foundation also has a diverse collection of records from its foundation until 1972, which almost completely corresponds to the registry list of the Kunsthaus Heylshof Foundation Files in Dept. 185 No. 2536. It includes, for example, inventories, documents relating to the Swarzenski Catalogue, correspondence, minutes of meetings of the Foundation's Board of Directors, documents relating to various works of art. The whereabouts of the Heylshof plans also listed in the aforementioned file by Attorney Engisch could not yet be determined. The extensive series of correspondence of father and son Ludwig C. von Heyl in this collection contain diverse material not only on the close members of one's own family, but also on the families married to them or linked by assumption of sponsorships. Here the old noble family of the Marwitz (Friedersdorf) is to be mentioned in particular. Ludwig C. Baron von Heyl sen. married Eva Marie von der Marwitz in 1917, with whose twin brothers Gebhard and Bernhard (Geppy and Banni, both killed in World War I) he was already in friendship during his studies in the Corps Saxo-Borussia. Extensive correspondence was also maintained with Adelheid and Bodo von der Marwitz (the other two siblings). Practical hints: When searching by search run, please note that different spellings should be taken into account for the keywords, especially for names, associations, etc. In the course of the manual sorting of the units of description, the alphabetical order on the one hand and the chronological order on the other hand were taken into account, especially for correspondence series. In the case of series of files of business documents, where the files had to be split, the original state of order of the files was normally maintained. This can lead to the fact that, since the files were filed chronologically from the back to the front over certain periods of time, a "chronological turner" can occur in the printed index if the chronological order is behind the filing order. The classification group 2.6.1. professional and trade associations, chambers proved to be so extensive and multi-layered by the old registry order that a complete reorganization was refrained from. For this reason, we recommend either a keyword search run or a review of the entire section in the search book for key areas of interest. For the photo negative series and partly for the glass plate negatives, handwritten claddings and indexes are available in which these are recorded almost completely with numbers and short details for illustration. This generally ensures that individual negatives can be accessed in a targeted manner. Reference to supplementary archive holdings: Here, above all, Dept. 180/1 Heyl'sche Lederwerke Liebenau in the town archives of Worms is to be consulted for the documents concerning the company, as it can be seen from the old registry signatures that the material originates from a provenance. The holdings complement each other and together reflect the original company registration. For the written material referring to the private-personal area or the family, the other large collection is primarily Dept. 186 Family Archives Leonhard von Heyl / Nonnenhof. Here, too, there are interdependencies in the tradition between the two stocks. This is partly also to be documented by preserved old archive registration folders in Dept. 185, which bear the provenance indication Freiherrlich von Heyl zu Herrnsheim'sche Privat-Verwaltung (e.g. Dept. 185 No. 246, No. 298). For the family, the collection holdings of Dept. 170/26 must also be taken into account. For the political activity in the city parliament and in the local politics of father and son Ludwig von Heyl in general, the holdings of Dept. 5 City Administration before 1945 and Dept. 6 City Administration Worms after 1945 were to be used. Worms, September 2009 Margit Rinker-Olbrisch, City Archive Worms Literature: The town archive of Worms contains a comprehensive bibliography on the history and significance of the von Heyl family and Heyl'sche Lederwerke. In the following only a selection of publications will be listed. - BAUER, Oswald G., Josef Hoffmann. The stage designer of the first Bayreuth Festival, Munich 2008 [close connections to the Worms family (von) Heyl]. - BÖNNEN, Gerold, Elections and Votes in Worms during the Weimar Republic: Materials and Analyses, in: Der Wormsgau 23, 2004, pp. 124-165 - HARTMANN, Christoph, Die Heyl'schen Lederwerke Liebenau. A Worms leather factory in the interwar phase against the background of a global market, diploma thesis at the University of the Federal Armed Forces in Munich for the acquisition of an academic degree of a Dipl.-Staatswissenschaftler Univ., 2007 (masch., 122 pp.). - History of the City of Worms, edited by Gerold BÖNNEN, Stuttgart 2005 on behalf of the City of Worms (in particular Fritz REUTER, Der Sprung in die Moderne: Das "Neues Worms" (1874-1914), pp. 479-544; Gerold BÖNNEN, Von der Blüte in den Abgrund: Worms vom Ersten bis zum Zweiten Weltkrieg (1914-1945), pp. 545-606; Hedwig BRÜCHERT, Social and Working Conditions in the Industrial City of Worms until World War I, pp. 793-823 - REUTER, Fritz, Four Important Families in the 19th and 20th Centuries: Heyl, Valckenberg, Doerr und Reinhart, in: Genealogie: Deutsche Zeitschrift für Familienkunde Vol. 21, 42. vol., 1993, p. 644-661 - Stiftung Kunsthaus Heylshof. Critical catalogue of the collection of paintings, edited by Wolfgang Schenkluhn, Worms 1922 (including: Klaus HANSEMANN, Der Heylshof: Unternehmerschloß und Privatmuseum, pp. 19-50; Judith BÜRGEL, "Da wir beide Liebhaberei an Antiquitäten besitzt". Zur Paäldeesammlung von Cornelius Wilhelm und Sophie von Heyl, pp. 51-71) - SWARZENSKI, Georg, Guide through the art collections at the Heylshof in Worms, o.O. 1925 - 1783-2008. Vereinigte Kasino- und Musikgesellschaft Worms. Festschrift zum 225-Jahrfeier, edited by Ulrich OELSCHLÄGER and Gerold BÖNNEN, Worms 2008 (Der Wormsgau, supplement 40)

              Administrative history/biographical data: 1881 - Foundation of the Agricultural College 01.11.1934 - Integration of the College into the University as Faculty of Agriculture and Veterinary Medicine, Department of Agriculture and Department of Veterinary Medicine October 1937 - Division into a Faculty of Agriculture and a Faculty of Veterinary Medicine Some files of the LHS are also available in the TU archives (according to the German version of the German Official Gazette). Information by Dr. Irina Schwab, Oct. 2015) -Institut für Gartenkunst und Lanschaftsgestaltung: Studienpläne, Prüfungsordnungen, Instangelegenh. 1930-1969: Signatur: 208 (29 AE) - Institut für Obstbau: Patent- und Leachtangelegenheiten. 1930-1965 (5 AE) Citation method: HU UA, Agricultural University.01, No. XXX. HU UA, LWH.01, No. XXX.

              EZA 7/3681 · File · 03.1913 - 12.1915
              Part of Evangelical Central Archive

              Contains among other things: National donation on the occasion of the imperial jubilee for the Christian missions in the German colonies and protectorates. - Establishment of a full professorship for missionary science at the University of Berlin. - Foundation of the "Deutsche Evangelischen Missions-Hilfe"; Prints: The German Thought in the World. Lecture by Prof. D. Carl Meinhof, Hamburg, held at Sangerhausen on 18 April 1913. - Supplement to No. 120 of the "Wandsbeker Stadtblatt". 25 May 1913 - Information about the national donation for the Emperor's Jubilee in favour of the Christian missions in the German colonies and protectorates. Edited by the Press Committee of the National Donation. No. 1/22. March 1913; No. 2/16. April 1913; No. 4/2. May 1913; No. 5/29. May 1913; No. 7/24. June 1913; No. 8/11. July 1913 - Information on the work of the Evangelical Press Association for Germany (E. V.) in the period from 1 January to 1 July 1913 - Supplement to the Correspondence Sheet of the Evangelical Social Press Association for the Province of Saxony. No. 20/16 October 1913 - Correspondence for Colony and Mission. Published by the Evangelischer Preßverband für Deutschland (E. V.). No. 1/7 October 1913; No. 2/30 October 1913; Jhg, 1914: 20 May 1914 - Correspondence B of the Evangelical Social Press Association for the Province of Saxony, Office Halle (Saale), 8 December 1913 - Chronicle of the Christian World. 23rd century, No. 36/4 September 1913 - The effects of the World War on German mission societies. Lecture on the Sächs. Mission conference in Halle a. S. on 9 February 1915 by A. W. Schreiber. Leipzig, 1915.

              Untitled
              Sächsisches Staatsarchiv, 10711 Ministerium des Königlichen Hauses, Nr. Loc. 29 Nr. 12 (Benutzung im Hauptstaatsarchiv Dresden) · File · 1897 - 1909
              Part of Saxon State Archives (Archivtektonik)
              • 1897 - 1909, Saxon State Archives* description: Contains a. o.: Protestant Church in Saarburg in Lorraine (pp. 1 - 7) - Prayer room of the Catholic community in Reichenbach/Vogtland (pp. 8 - 13) - Monument to Prince Friedrich Carl of Prussia in Metz (pp. 14, 23 - 24).- Kaiser-Wilhelm-Tower on the Hallo near Stoppenberg near Düsseldorf (pp. 15 - 22, 34, 100 - 102).- Association house of the Protestant Workers' Association in Wilkau (pp. 25 - 33).- Seamen's houses of the Imperial Navy in Wilhelmshaven and Kiautschou.- War memorial by the military association for Wilsdruff and the surrounding area (pp. 75 - 79, 82 - 83) - Memorial for Johann Wolfgang von Goethe in Strasbourg in Alsace (pp. 84 - 92) - German National Foundation St. Maria dell´ Anima in Rome (pp. 93 - 99).- Memorial for Kaiser Wilhelm I. in Bonn (pp. 103 - 112) - Association house of the Catholic journeyman association in Meissen (pp. 113 - 117) - German aid committee for East Asia (pp. 118 - 121) - Catholic church in Bad Münster am Stein (pp. 122 - 127) - Home of the officer lady aid association in Breslau (pp. 128 - 133).- Monument to Field Marshal Count Moltke in Berlin (pp. 134 - 142) - Catholic Interim Church in Dresden-Johannstadt (pp. 143 - 146) - Monument to Emperor Friedrich in Cronberg im Taunus (pp. 147 - 161) - Schoolhouse for the Old Town, Monastery Liberty and St. Marienthal near Ostritz (pp. 162 - 167) - Catholic Chapel in Kunnersdorf near Bernstadt (pp. 162 - 167) - Catholic Chapel in Kunnersdorf near Bernstadt (pp. 143 - 146) 168 - 177).- Catholic Church and Ringing in Dresden-Cotta (pp. 178 - 182, 203 - 210).- Protestant Church in Bad Oppelsdorf near Zittau (pp. 183 - 192).- Herberge zur Heimat association in Wilhelmshaven (pp. 193 - 197).- Association house of the main scientific-literary association of the Wends Macica serbska in Bautzen (pp. 178 - 182, 203 - 210). 198 - 202) - public sanatorium for alcoholics in Bärnsdorf near Moritzburg (also: statutes of the association Sächsische Volksheilstätten für Alkoholkranke) (sheets 211 - 221) - Catholic church in Chemnitz (sheets 222 - 226) - monument to Emperor Wilhelm I in Strasbourg in Alsace (sheets 227 - 235, 240 - 241).- Monument to Friedrich Schiller in Dresden (pp. 236 - 239) - Monument to Friedrich the Freidiger in Lucka (also: design drawing by R. Carl, Leipzig) (pp. 242 - 256) - Ringing of the St. Laurentius Church in Geyer (pp. 257 - 263) - Free table at the University of Leipzig (with food arrangement) (pp. 264 - 267).- Financial endowment of the foundation for the benefit of needy and worthy 50-year-old married couples, Golden Scholarship Fund, König-Johann-Stiftung and Königin-Amalien-Stiftung (p. 268) - Marble statue of King Friedrich August III by Karl Seffner for the University of Leipzig and medallion for its chain of office (p. 268). 269 - 275) Monument to the fallen of the battle at Striegau-Hohenfriedeberg (also: draft drawing; annual report of the military association of former comrades of the Royal Saxon Army in Breslau and the surrounding area for the 12th year of the association 1907/1908) (pp. 276 - 286): Protestant Church in Saarburg in Lorraine (pp. 1 - 7) - Prayer room of the Catholic community in Reichenbach/Vogtland (pp. 8 - 13) - Monument to Prince Friedrich Carl of Prussia in Metz (pp. 14, 23 - 24).- Kaiser-Wilhelm-Tower on the Hallo near Stoppenberg near Düsseldorf (pp. 15 - 22, 34, 100 - 102).- Association house of the Protestant Workers' Association in Wilkau (pp. 25 - 33).- Seamen's houses of the Imperial Navy in Wilhelmshaven and Kiautschou.- War memorial by the military association for Wilsdruff and the surrounding area (pp. 75 - 79, 82 - 83) - Memorial for Johann Wolfgang von Goethe in Strasbourg in Alsace (pp. 84 - 92) - German National Foundation St. Maria dell´ Anima in Rome (pp. 93 - 99).- Memorial for Kaiser Wilhelm I. in Bonn (pp. 103 - 112) - Association house of the Catholic journeyman association in Meissen (pp. 113 - 117) - German aid committee for East Asia (pp. 118 - 121) - Catholic church in Bad Münster am Stein (pp. 122 - 127) - Home of the officer lady aid association in Breslau (pp. 128 - 133).- Monument to Field Marshal Count Moltke in Berlin (pp. 134 - 142) - Catholic Interim Church in Dresden-Johannstadt (pp. 143 - 146) - Monument to Emperor Friedrich in Cronberg im Taunus (pp. 147 - 161) - Schoolhouse for the Old Town, Monastery Liberty and St. Marienthal near Ostritz (pp. 162 - 167) - Catholic Chapel in Kunnersdorf near Bernstadt (pp. 162 - 167) - Catholic Chapel in Kunnersdorf near Bernstadt (pp. 143 - 146) 168 - 177).- Catholic Church and Ringing in Dresden-Cotta (pp. 178 - 182, 203 - 210).- Protestant Church in Bad Oppelsdorf near Zittau (pp. 183 - 192).- Herberge zur Heimat association in Wilhelmshaven (pp. 193 - 197).- Association house of the main scientific-literary association of the Wends Macica serbska in Bautzen (pp. 178 - 182, 203 - 210). 198 - 202) - public sanatorium for alcoholics in Bärnsdorf near Moritzburg (also: statutes of the association Sächsische Volksheilstätten für Alkoholkranke) (sheets 211 - 221) - Catholic church in Chemnitz (sheets 222 - 226) - monument to Emperor Wilhelm I in Strasbourg in Alsace (sheets 227 - 235, 240 - 241).- Monument to Friedrich Schiller in Dresden (pp. 236 - 239) - Monument to Friedrich the Freidiger in Lucka (also: sketch by R. Carl, Leipzig) (pp. 242 - 256) - Ringing of the St. Laurentius Church in Geyer (pp. 257 - 263) - Freitische at the University of Leipzig (with food composition) (pp. 236 - 239) - Monument to Friedrich the Freidiger in Lucka (also: sketch by R. Carl, Leipzig) 264 - 267) - Financial endowment of the foundation in favour of needy and worthy 50-year-old couples, Golden Scholarship Fund, König-Johann-Stiftung and Königin-Amalien-Stiftung (Bl. 268) - Marble statue of King Friedrich August III von Karl Seffner for the University of Leipzig as well as medallion for its chain of office (Bl. 269 - 275) Memorial for the fallen of the battle at Striegau-Hohenfriedeberg (also: draft drawing; annual report of the military association of former comrades of the Royal Saxon Army at Breslau and surrounding area for the 12th association year 1907/1908) (pp. 276 - 286).
              Personnel files - Esau
              Hochschularchiv der RWTH Aachen, 1789 · File · o.D.
              Part of University archive of the RWTH Aachen (Archivtektonik)

              Contains: Esau, Abraham (Dr.Dr.med. h.c. Dr. phil. born 7.6.1884 in Tiegenhg./Danziggest. 12.5.1955 in DüsseldorfGuest Professor (since 1.3.1949) Shortwave Technology Vapl.Prof. since 1.3.19491949/50 - 1955Study: Physics at the University of Berlin and TH GdanskAfter studying in Gdansk Assistant -1908 with Max Vienna.Doctorate: 1908 in Gdansk (then military time)1912 - 1919 in Togo as head of the receiver laboratory of the company Telefunken1919 - 1925 head of all Telefunken laboratories1925 - 1939 appointment to the University of Jena as head of the institute Technical Physics1935 first as Rector removed by political movement, 1937 however again 1937 on urge of the professors and the student body into his office as Rector appointed; at the same time he became foundation commissioner of the Carl - Zeiss - donation Jena1939 - 1949 he settled as president of the Physikalisch-Technische Reichsanstalt to Berlin over. Since 1949 belonged Professor Esau as a guest professor of the RWTH Aachen, at the same time he was director of the inst. f. For more details see file no. 160a Obituaries.member of the Akademie für Naturforscher und Ärzte in Halle;honorary citizen of the TH Gdansk; honorary senator of the University of Erlangen;honorary doctor of the Med. fac. of the University of Freiburg;member of the aeronautical research of the Forschungsgemeinschaft des Landes NRW.

              Sächsisches Staatsarchiv, 11125 Ministerium des Kultus und öffentlichen Unterrichts, Nr. 10270/7 (Benutzung im Hauptstaatsarchiv Dresden) · File · 1887 - 1898
              Part of Saxon State Archives (Archivtektonik)
              • 1887 - 1898, Saxon State Archives description: Contains and others: Monumenta Germaniae Paedagogica - 38th Assembly of German Philologists and Schoolmen in Giessen 1885 - Congress for Hygiene and Demography 1887 in Vienna, Professor Franz Hofmann - Overbeck: Atlas of Greek Art Mythology, fifth delivery Excavations in Olympia, delivery of the duplicates to Saxony, expert opinion by Dr. Georg Treu (copy from the files of the General Directorate of the Royal Collections for Art and Science in Dresden, Cap. 5 No. 10 Bl. 50) with a list of the objects obtained for Germany according to Treus Erinnerung - overview of the contents of the planned work on Olympia - Wilhelm His, Nomenclature of Anatomy - Negotiations of the Anatomical Society 1889 - Dr. Carl Pauli: Corpus interiptionum Italicarum - Dr. Otto Zacharias, Founding of a Biological Station for Fisheries - Olympia - The results of the excavations organized by the German Reich - The results of the excavations organized by the German Empire - The results of the excavations are presented in the "Nomenclature of Anatomy". Research of the Trajanssäule (Traianssäule), Dr. Conrad Cichorius - Eduard Wölfflin: Expert opinion on the Thesaurus linguae Latinae - Friedrich Wilhelm Ritschl - Alfred Fleckeisen - Congress for Gynecology and Obstetrics 1892 in Brussels - Anthropological zoological congress 1892 in Moscow - Invitation of the University of New York to Saxon architects on the occasion of the World Exhibition 1893 in Chicago, exhibition of a model of the new University Library (p. 111) - International Medical Congress 1893 in Rome, Prof. His, Prof. Birch-Hirschfeld - International Geographical Congress 1895 in London - Subsidy of the Academic Revue - International Medical Congress 1893 in Rome, Prof. His, Prof. Birch-Hirschfeld 4th International Congress for Criminal Anthropology 1996 - German Commission of the Brussels World Exhibition 1897, Dr. jur. J. Gensel, Alfred Thieme, Chairman of the Leipzig Chamber of Commerce, Participation of Saxon Lace Schools - Medical Congress in Moscow 1897 - International Leprosy Congress in Berlin 1898 - Meeting of the International Statistical Institute in St. Petersburg 1897, Professor Miaskowski, Professor Hasse, Dr. Böhmert Eugen Petersen, Alfred von Domaszewski, Guglielmo Calderini: The Marcus Column on the Piazza Colonna in Rome - Special statistics of the German customs territory according to countries of origin and destination. Sale of the library (11.000 books) of the Danish provost Vahl from Norre Alslev by priest D. Short - 3rd International Congress for Applied Chemistry in Vienna 1898 - 4th International Zoological Congress in Cambridge 1898 - Congress for Hydrology in Liège 1898 - Congress for Internal Medicine in Karlovy Vary 1899 Includes among others..: Monumenta Germaniae Paedagogica - 38th Assembly of German Philologists and Schoolmen in Giessen 1885 - Congress for Hygiene and Demography 1887 in Vienna, Professor Franz Hofmann - Overbeck: Atlas of Greek Art Mythology, fifth delivery Excavations in Olympia, delivery of the duplicates to Saxony, expert opinion by Dr. Georg Treu (copy from the files of the General Directorate of the Royal Collections for Art and Science in Dresden, Cap. 5 No. 10 Bl. 50) with a list of the objects obtained for Germany according to Treus Erinnerung - overview of the contents of the planned work on Olympia - Wilhelm His, Nomenclature of Anatomy - Negotiations of the Anatomical Society 1889 - Dr. Carl Pauli: Corpus interiptionum Italicarum - Dr. Otto Zacharias, Founding of a Biological Station for Fisheries - Olympia - The results of the excavations organized by the German Reich - The results of the excavations organized by the German Empire - The results of the excavations are presented in the "Nomenclature of Anatomy". Research of the Trajanssäule (Traianssäule), Dr. Conrad Cichorius - Eduard Wölfflin: Expert opinion on the Thesaurus linguae Latinae - Friedrich Wilhelm Ritschl - Alfred Fleckeisen - Congress for Gynecology and Obstetrics 1892 in Brussels - Anthropological zoological congress 1892 in Moscow - Invitation of the University of New York to Saxon architects on the occasion of the World Exhibition 1893 in Chicago, exhibition of a model of the new university library (p. 111) - International Medical Congress 1893 in Rome, Prof. His, Prof. Birch-Hirschfeld.- International Geographic Congress in London 1895 - Subsidy from the Academic Review - 4th International Congress for Criminal Anthropology 1996 - German Commission of the Brussels World Exhibition 1897, Dr. jur. J. Gensel, Alfred Thieme, Chairman of the Leipzig Chamber of Commerce, Participation of Saxon lace-making schools - Medical Congress in Moscow 1897 - International Leprosy Congress in Berlin 1898 - Meeting of the International Statistical Institute in St. Petersburg 1897, Professor Miaskowski, Professor Hasse, Dr. Böhmert - Collection "Deutsch-Ost-Afrika" by Emin Pasha and Dr. Stuhlmann - Eugen Petersen, Alfred von Domaszewski, Guglielmo Calderini: The Marcus Column on the Piazza Colonna in Rome - Special statistics of the German customs area according to countries of origin and destination - sale of the library (11,000 books) of the Danish provost Vahl from Norre Alslev by priest D. Kurze - 3rd International Congress for Applied Chemistry in Vienna 1898 - 4th International Zoological Congress in Cambridge 1898 - Congress for Hydrology in Lüttig 1898 - Congress for Internal Medicine in Karlsbad 1899.

              Preface: The Faculty of Theology Dean's Office History of the Registrar's Educator The Faculty of Theology has existed since the founding of the university in 1810. However, the first colleges on Christian morality and hermeneutics were held by Schleiermacher as early as 22.11.1809.(1) In an expert opinion on the establishment of the Faculty of Theology from 25.5. to 22.11.1809, the first colleges were held in the Faculty of Theology.In 1810 Schleiermacher demanded a division of the subject matter into exegetical, dogmatic and practical theology and a seminar for scholarly theology for a closer connection between pupils and teachers and for the deepening of knowledge, pointing out that no difference should be made between the denominations and individual directions of the Protestant Church within the faculty.(2) As can be seen from the Faculty Statutes of 1838, Schleiermacher's proposals were also realized. The following disciplines were on the curriculum: Encyclopedia and Methodology of Theology Introduction to the Old and New Testaments Biblical Critique and Hermeneutics History of the Old Testament and Biblical Archaeology Interpretation of the Pentateuch, the Job, the Psalms and the Isaiah, the most important historical and didactic writings of the New Testament Church and Dogma History Dogmatics, theological Morality, Symbolism Practical Theology, in the whole and in individual branches. These disciplines were also confirmed in the faculty statutes of 1903. The Faculty of Theology at the University of Berlin was the leader in Germany in the 19th century. Among the most important professors of that time were Schleiermacher, Marheineke, de Wette, Neander, Hengstenberg and Twesten. At the end of the 19th century the faculty reached a new heyday through the work of the professors von Harnack on church history and von Schlatter on systematic topics. In the 20th century, under the deanship of Professors Stolzenburg and Seeberg, strong tendencies towards National Socialism also emerged in the Faculty of Theology. Supporters of the Confessing Church (e.g. Dietrich Bonhoeffer) were given leave and students were strictly forbidden to participate in their events. D. Werner Gruehn, professor of systematic theology and religious psychology, and Dr. Ernst Schubert, lecturer for foreign Germanism and the Church, represented National Socialist ideology. Both dealt with problems of "German people growth abroad" in connection with church issues. In the years 1847 to 1870 an academic service was held during the semester. The first plans were made in 1810, but could not be realized. The request of the faculty to establish a university church in 1830 was also not answered by the ministry, until in 1847 the energetic efforts of Professor Dr. Nitzsch succeeded in establishing a Protestant preaching position at the university. The first service took place on the 3rd Sunday of Advent 1847 in the Dorotheenstädtische Kirche. There was also a seal for the university preacher. From 1847 to 1855 Professor D. Nitzsch served as university preachers, from 1855 to 1858 Professor Wuttke and the private lecturers Lic. Strauss and Dr. Erdmann served as interim lecturers, and from 1858 to 1870 Professor Steinmeyer. In the year 1870 this office was abolished, since in Berlin no university, but only a personnel municipality had formed and no need for the holding of an academic service seemed to exist any longer.(3) On 5.11.1916 it was however again taken up and held up to 1923 by all professors in the turn in the Kaiser Wilhelm memory church.(4) Only with effect from 1.12.1923 the student priest received again a fixed remuneration. Until then, aid had to be requested to cover the most urgent costs of renting the church space, among other things. The Academic Divine Service was financially supported by the state until 1938,(5) but until 1945 it was no longer announced in the university calendars and regarded as an internal church matter. The student chaplain worked at the university until 1945. The following institutes were affiliated to the Faculty of Theology: 1. Theological Seminary In the summer semester of 1812 the Theological Seminary was opened.(6) It made subjects of theological scholarship its task and was divided according to the regulations of 31.5.1812 into two sections, the philological and the historical. Of these, the philological was once again divided into the Old Testament exegesis and the New Testament exegesis. The historical department, originally divided into church history and dogma history, continued to exist after a few years as a church history department. The systematic department was added around 1920, but hardly any further details exist about it. Over the years, the subdivisions developed into independent departments, which were only nominally connected by the dean as director of the seminar. In 1931 there were tendencies to make the four departments independent, but this proposal was rejected by the Ministry for financial reasons.(7) The seminar was endowed with scholarships and bonuses and therefore had to limit the number of its members to twenty. Although at first there was no uninterrupted direction for each department, in the course of time a constant direction developed through certain conductors, so that the conductors were later appointed. The changing directors of the Old Testament department show the changing currents of contemporary theology. Their first leader was de Wette until 1819. After interim stages, Professor Hengstenberg took over the seminar in 1826 and carried out the exercises in Latin until the introduction of the German language in the winter semester of 1846/47. Dillmann, who had led the seminar since 1869, retained the Latin language for his written works. It was not until the winter semester of 1881/82 that they were partly submitted in German. From 1.4.1884, the premiums for the work from the sovereign wealth fund ceased to apply. Since the seminar was no longer a scholarship institution at the same time, the limitation of participants became superfluous. Since 18.1.1887 the seminar also received means for the establishment of a library. The New Testament Department of the Theological Seminary was opened on the proposal of the Faculty of Theology of 6.4.1812 by the Regulations of the Department of Cultures and Public Education of 31.5.1812 as a subdivision of the Philological Department. Schleiermacher was the first director of the philological department. In the New Testament section, larger sections of the New Testament were treated in conversational work and written works were prepared. A special library for New Testament exegesis was available. In 1908 the seminar was divided into the Proseminar for beginners and the Seminar for advanced students.(8) The Department of Church History was headed by Professor Neander until 1850. During this time there were extensive lectures from all periods of church history, especially the old church history, and treatises on published works. To obtain seminar scholarships or bonuses, written work had to be written in Latin. Since 1906 the seminary has been divided into a department for early church history and a department for more recent church history. The practical-theological seminar Plans for the establishment of a Homiletian Institute were already worked out by Professor Marheineke and presented to the Ministry on April 3, 1821. Marheineke saw the purpose of the institute as the exercise of the students in the elaboration and presentation of spiritual speeches and in the evaluation of the presented. The Ministry welcomed the establishment of a Homiletic Society, but wanted it to be regarded as a private institute until the participation of the students ensured sufficient income. Around 1862 Professor Büttner founded a homiletic seminary at the university and planned a catechetical one. Until 1873 he carried out the corresponding exercises as an honorary professor. On 1 October 1875, Professor Pfleiderer finally opened the Practical Theological Seminary.(9) According to the regulations of 31 March 1876, it served the students to prepare them for the future spiritual profession through suitable exercises. Students of the first four semesters were not admitted to the seminar. The seminar consisted of a homiletic and a catechetic section, where a weekly seminar service was held in the homiletic instead of the speech exercises. The chapel of the cathedral candidate abbey served as a place of practice. In the catechetical department at first only exercises were held after private consultation with teachers. Since 1906, however, by decree of the Provinzialschulkollegium, students were allowed to spend one hour a week in the upper class of a community school. From the winter semester of 1912/13 onwards, regular liturgical and church music exercises were carried out following the seminar. Professor Kaweran was the leader of these exercises.(10) After his death in 1918 Professor Biehle took over the leadership.(11) 3. The Christian-archaeological and epigraphic collection According to the decree of the Prussian Ministry for Spiritual, Educational and Medical Affairs of 23.5.1849, the Christian-archaeological art collection (also Christian Museum) was founded in June 1849 after many years of efforts by Professor Piper. Professor Piper, who served as director of the Christian-Archaeological Collection until his death on 29.11.1889, mainly collected costly originals, copies of pictures and casts of originals with the purpose of making the students familiar with early Christian history. At first he kept the works of art in his apartment, but on 22.4.1850 he transferred them to a room in the school building at Friedrichstraße 126 with the permission of the school authorities.(12) Since spring 1891 they have been in the west wing of the university.(13) With this collection Professor Piper was the first in the world to create a model for all universities. His successor, Professor Müller, supplemented the existing collection with plaster casts, photographs and other illustrations of early Christian and medieval monuments and from 1890 devoted himself particularly to building up a library. After the death of Professor Müller on 3.9.1912, Professor Deißmann took over the management of the collection on a representative basis and Professor Stuhlfauth on 1.4.1913. Since 31.3.1924 Professor Lietzmann was involved in the management alongside Professor Stuhlfauth. With effect from 1.10.1935 Professor Friedrich Gerke was appointed Director of the Seminar for Christian Archaeology and Art.(14) Under his direction the seminar was given the character of a research and teaching institute for the entire late antique and medieval archaeology and art research. In 1936 he started to build up a Nordic-Germanic department. After he was drafted into the military, Professor Hans Reinerth took over the management of the seminar on a representative basis and in 1944 initiated the relocation of the institute's library to the Dechtow manor. The teaching collection, publications and foreign correspondence were brought to Schloss Plattenburg / Prignitz. 4th Seminar for Post-Biblical Judaism On 13.11.1883 Professor Strack founded the seminar with the aim of driving "Jewish mission" and acquainting Christian theologians with Judaism, its literature and its essence.(15) It received no state support, but was greatly enriched by the donation of Professor Strack's library in 1918. After the death of Professor Strack, Professor Greßmann took over the directorship of the seminar on 1.12.1923, Professor Joachim Jeremias on 1.10.1928 and Professor Bertholet on 12.7.1929. On 1.10.1937 Professor Hempel was appointed managing director.(16) Since the summer semester of 1937 no more lectures have been held. Since the Institute has not been listed in the course catalogue since the summer semester of 1939, it was probably dissolved in the winter semester of 1938/39. The Institute was founded in 1917 by Professor Julius Richter as a seminar on mission history and renamed the Seminar on Mission Studies on 9 June 1931. Julius Witte was appointed Director on 6 November 1930. He remained so until his retirement on 1.4.1939.(17) From 1.4.1934 onwards, the Institute dealt not only with the holding of religious studies exercises but also with the study of Germanic religions and the Christianisation of the Germanic peoples. After the decree of 24.10.1935 it was therefore renamed the Institute for General History of Religion and Missionary Studies.(18) Since after the retirement of Professor Witte the appointment of the Chair of Missionary Studies was no longer intended by the Ministry, the Institute was closed on the basis of the decree of the Reich Ministry for Science, Education and Popular Education of 3.1.1944. The existing books were transferred to the university library. 6th Institute for Social Ethics and Science of Inner Mission The Institute, founded in 1927, was affiliated to the Theological Seminary, Department of Systematic Theology, and, according to its statutes of 25 July 1927, served the scientific promotion and instruction of students in the field of inner mission in connection with the problems of social ethics and welfare work. The first director, Professor Seeberg, was appointed by the Ministry of Science, Art and Popular Education in consultation with the Faculty of Theology and the Central Committee of the Inner Mission. He was assisted by a board of trustees composed of a representative of the ministry, a member appointed by the president of the German Protestant Kirchentag, a member of the Protestant Oberkirchenrat in Berlin, two lecturers from the Faculty of Theology and two members of the Central Committee of the Inner Mission. Assistants of the Institute participated in the meetings of the Board of Trustees. The institute was dissolved on the basis of the ministerial decree of 26.3.1938.(19) (1) Todt, Fr., in: Das Pfarrhaus, 1895, Nr. 11 u. 12: Die Theologische Fakultät der Universität Berlin, Berlin 1896 (2) Elliger, Walter: 150 Jahre Theologische Fakultät Berlin, Berlin 1960 (3) DZA Merseburg, Rep.76 Va Sekt.2 Tit.1 Nr.8 (4) DZA Potsdam, Reichserziehungsministerium, current no. 1239 Bl.3 (5) DZA Potsdam, Reichserziehungsministerium, current no. 1239 Bl.36 (6) Lenz, Max: Geschichte der königlichen Friedrich-Wilhelms-Universität zu Berlin, Halle/Saale 1910, Volume 3, pp. 3-24 (7) HU Berlin, Archiv, Universitätskurator, current no. 792/1 (8) Lenz, ibid. (9) DZA Merseburg, Rep.76 Va Sekt.2 Tit.10 No.25 Vol.1 (10) ibid. Vol.2 (11) ibid. Vol.3 (12) Lenz, ibid. (13) DZA Merseburg, Rep.76 Va Sekt.2 Tit.X No. 74 Vol.3 (14) HU Berlin, Archive, University Curator, Current No. 793 (15) DZA Merseburg, Rep.76 Va Sekt.2 Tit.X No. 186 (16) HU Berlin, archive, university curator, current no. 795 (17) ibid. current no. 806 (18) DZA Potsdam, Reichserziehungsministerium, current no. 1449 (19) HU Berlin, archive, university curator, current no. 798 Inventory and registry history The inventory was handed over by the Dean's Office of the Faculty of Theology in 1964 and 1966. After comparison with the old administrative repertory, hardly any loss of files occurred. No cassations were made. The bequests of Professors Titius and Gerke, which were kept under the files, were spun off as separate holdings and the files from the period after 1945 were transferred to the administrative archive. Before being handed over to the dean's office, the files were administered in the university's central registry and filed according to the alphabetical keyword system. The repertory of the authorities, which had been set up accordingly, turned out to be completely inadequate, so that the stock was recorded and rearranged in the summer and autumn of 1966. Berlin, December 1966 Barbara Lange A revision took place in 2013. Ilona Kalb During a review in 2017, a twisting of signatures within the current No. 68 - 71 was corrected. In the case of promotion files (signatures 100 - 126), only those names are indicated for which documents are in the file. Claudia Hilse References 1st Bibliography Elliger, Walter: 150 Years Theological Faculty Berlin, Berlin 1960 Lange, Max: Die Universität Berlin, Wien/Düsseldorf/Küssnacht am Rigi 1931, S.18f Lenz, Max: Geschichte der Königlichen Friedrich-Wilhelms-Universität zu Berlin, Halle/S. 1910, Bd.3 S.3-24 Todt, Fr.: Die Theologische Fakultät der Universität Berlin in: The Parsonage, 1895 No. 11 and 12 2nd Archival Sources Archive of the Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin Stock University Curator current No. 793: Institute for Christian Archaeology, 1928-1941 current No. 794: Seminar for Christian Archaeology and Church Art, 1942-1946 current No. 795: Institute for Post-Biblical Judaism, 1923-1943 current no. 792/1: Theological Faculty and Theological Seminars, 1928-1945 current no. 799: Theological Seminary current no. 800: Theological Seminary, New Testament Department, 1928-1942 current no. 801: Theological Seminary, Church History Department, 1928-1943 current no. 802: Theological Seminary, Systematic Section, 1928-1944 current no. 803: Theological Faculty and Theological Seminars, 1934-1938 current no. 804: Theological Faculty and Theological Seminars, 1938-1945 current no. 805: Assistants to the Theological Seminary, 1942-1944 current no. 806: Missionary Seminary, 1930-1944 current no. 807: Seminar of Missionary Studies, Assistants, 1934-1939 Theological Faculty, Dean's Office, current No. 43 to 56: Establishment of seminars and institutes (see Findbuch) Deutsches Zentralarchiv, Hist. Abt. II Merseburg (now: GStA) Rep. 76 Ministry of Spiritual, Educational and Medical Affairs Va Sekt.2 Tit.1 No. 8: The Church Affairs of the University of Berlin and the Establishment of a Special University Church, 1810-1816 Va Sekt.2 Tit.4 No. 28: Appointment of Professor Dr. Nitzsch as Full Professor in the Faculty of Theology and his Appointment as University Preacher, 1846-1868 Va Sekt.2 Tit.10 No. 1: Das Seminarium theologicum bei der Universität Berlin, Vol. 1-7, 1821-1933 Va Sekt.2 Tit.10 No. 25: The foundation of a Christian-archaeological art collection at the University of Berlin as well as the archaeological teaching and practice apparatus, 1844-1850 Va Sekt.2 Tit.10 No. 74: The Christian-archaeological art collection, Vol.1-3, 1857-1938 Va Sekt.2 Tit.10 No. 186: The Seminar for Post-Biblical Judaism, 1912-1932 Va Sekt.2 Tit.12 No. 14: The theological-scientific association founded by the students of theology at the University of Berlin as well as the associations founded by the students of the scientific purposes, 1842-1888 Rep. 89, Zivilkabinett X Berlin No. 1 h: Christliches Museum, 1853-1908 Deutsches Zentralarchiv, Hist. Abteilung I, Potsdam (now: Bundesarchiv) Bestand Reichserziehungsministerium lfd. No. 1360: Seminar für christliche Archäologie und kirchliche Kunst, Vol. 4, 1938-1942 current no. 1322: Theological Seminary, vol. 9, 1935-1944 current no. 1239: Church Affairs and the Establishment of a University Church, vol. 2, 1916-1936 current no. 1449: Seminar for Missionary Sciences, 1918-1935 Inventory structure I Faculty matters 1. Instructions for business dealings 2. Treasury matters 3. Insurance matters 4. Organization of studies 5. Facility and control of faculty albums 6. Establishment of seminars and institutes 7. Faculty days 8. Anniversaries and celebrations 9. Publications and expert opinions 10. Library matters 11. University chronicles 12. Church battle 13. Miscellanea 14. Doctorates 15. Honorary doctorates 16. Habilitations 17. Award of the honorary citizenship II Affairs of the teaching staff 1. Generalia 2. Personnel matters: Professors 3. Personnel matters: Privatdozenten III Student matters 1. Generalia 2. Military relations 3. Examination regulations and examination documents 4. Awarding of prizes 5. Certificates of departure 6. Scholarship payments from foundations 7. Honorary court and disciplinary matters 8. Association matters Citation method: HU UA, Faculty of Theology.01, No. XXX. HU UA, Theol.Fak.01, No. XXX.

              Administrative history/biographical information: 01.06.1790 - Opening of the Veterinary School 20.06.1887 - Award of the title Veterinary University 05.09.1910 - Award of the right to award doctorates 01.11.1934 - Integration of the University into the University as Faculty of Agriculture and Veterinary Medicine, Department of Agriculture and Department of Veterinary Medicine 01.10.1937 - Conversion of the Department of Veterinary Medicine into the Faculty of Veterinary Medicine The first file in the inventory is only from the year 1817 Foreword: This find book was compiled by the former head of the archive, Dr. Kossack, in 1965. The file no. 744 to 793 were found in the archives during the clean-up and added to the find book together with the file no. 794-796 given to us by the Department of Historical Collections of the HU 2011 University Library. History of the Registratur-Bildners The later Tierärztliche Hochschule zu Berlin was opened on 01.06.1790 as Tierarzneischule. (1)She was first subordinated to the Oberstallmeistern v. Lindenau and v. Jagow. Count Lindenau had been commissioned by Friedrich Wilhelm II to take the necessary preparatory steps to found a veterinary school. In view of the devastating cattle plague, King Frederick II had already given the order to draw up a plan for a veterinary training centre. However, the submitted plans failed because the Prussian Treasury was not willing to bear the requested construction costs at the proposed level. However, political and military considerations forced King Frederick William II to agree to the founding of a veterinary school in 1787. The costs were to be borne by the royal private assets. After v. Lindenau had led appropriate negotiations, the Tierarzneischule was opened to 01.06.1790. 4 professors, 1 pharmacist, 2 teaching blacksmiths, 1 stable master, 1 farm assistant, 1 provisional (pharmacy), 2 guard masters, 1 castellan, 9 stable servants, 1 gardener, 2 garden servants, 1 night watchman and 1 candidate made up the first staff of the school. At first the training was almost exclusively of so-called military eleven, soldiers who were trained as flag smiths for the army. In the year 1806 Graf v. Lindenau met back from the management of the school and his successor Oberstallmeister v. Jagow took over. The subordination to the Obermarstallamt had a very negative effect on the development of the school. On 26.03.1810, W. v. Humboldt drew up a memorandum which emphasised the scientific significance of the Tierarzneischule in particular and in which he spoke out in favour of integrating the school into the newly established university. Although Humboldt's demands were rejected by Jagow, this memorandum nevertheless became the starting point for renewed proposals for an improved establishment of the school, which were presented above all by Prof. Rudolph, Medical Councillor, and Langermann, State Councillor. By cabinet order of 09.06.1817 the school was subordinated to the Ministry of the Interior and the War. At the beginning of August 1817, the first department of the Berlin government took over the supervision of the school. (2) After the dissolution of the Berlin government and the restoration of the police headquarters, the veterinary school was subordinated to it. (3) The regulations about the restoration of the police headquarters in Berlin of 18.09.1822 provided in § 8 - Medizinal-Polizei - the subordination of the Charité and the Tierarzneischule to the medical department. As ministerial authority, the Ministry was now responsible for spiritual, educational and medical matters. In addition, the War Ministry and the Obermarstallamt had retained their say. By cabinet order of 16.11.1835 "for the acceleration of the reorganization and expedient management of the Tierarzneischule" the establishment of a "Kuratorium für die Krankenhaus- und Tierarzneischulangelegenheiten vom König Friedrich Wilhelm III. was ordered. (4) Privy Councillor Albers, who had been appointed provisional director, conducted the takeover negotiations on the part of the school. The right of the War Ministry and the Obermarstallamt to have a say remained unchanged. After the dissolution of the Board of Trustees, the administration of the Veterinary School was transferred by cabinet order of 10.12.1847 to a directorate directly subordinated to the Ministry of Spiritual, Educational and Medical Affairs. This Directorate consisted of the Director (Albers until 1849) and the Accounting Council of Esse, who was also the Administrative Director of the Charité. Other directors were: Gurlt until 1870, Gerlach until 1877, Roloff until 1885 and since 1885 - Müller. A cabinet order of 27.04.1872 ordered that the Veterinary School be subordinated to the Prussian Ministry of Agriculture, Domains and Forests. At the same time, a close connection was established with the veterinary administration, which subsequently had a very fruitful effect, especially on scientific research activities. On 20.06.1887 the Tierarzneischule was awarded the title "Tierärztliche Hochschule" by "Allerhöchsten Erlass". At the same time, Minister v. Lucius issued a provisional statute for the school. (5) Thereafter, the school's performance committees were the rector and the teaching staff. (§ 5 loc. cit.) The Rector was appointed by the Minister. It was not until 1903 that the school was granted the right to vote. The principal was responsible for running the school. The administrators were under the authority of the rector. The senior administrative officer used the official title "Administrator". (Section 24 of the Articles of Association). The first rector was the former director Prof. Müller. It was not until April 1913, after lengthy negotiations, that the school was awarded the final charter by the "Allerhöchste Order" of 31.03.1913. (6) The right to award doctorates had previously been granted (05.09.1910). In September 1932 the Ministry of Agriculture, Domains and Forestry issued a new statute for the veterinary universities in Prussia, according to the information provided. (Ministerial Gazette of the Prussian Administration for Agriculture, Domains and Forests, No 41/1932, p. 566). In addition, the draft Rules of Procedure for the Rector and Senate of the University of Veterinary Medicine have been drafted. (7) However, as a result of the subordination to the Prussian Ministry of Science, Art and Popular Education, these no longer appear to have been carried out. In January 1909, at the request of the rector Schmaltz, the title "Magnifizenz" was awarded to the rector of the school. (8) This also meant that the external equality with the other Berlin universities (university, technical college, agricultural college) had been achieved. By the emergency decree of 29.10.1932 the Veterinary University was again subordinated to the Prussian Ministry for Science, Art and National Education. (9) On 02.10.1934 the Prussian Minister of Science, Art and National Education ordered the transfer of the administrative business of the Veterinary College to the Administrative Director of the Charité. (10). This order already suggested that the integration of the university into the university was imminent. Already on 20.10.1934 a meeting took place in the Ministry of Culture. (11) Professors Krüger and Bierbaum, as representatives of the school, were decidedly against the intended establishment of an agricultural veterinary faculty at Berlin University for various reasons. They advocated the creation of an independent veterinary faculty and rejected any link with the Faculty of Agriculture. Notwithstanding the objections also from other sides, the integration of the University of Veterinary Medicine and Agriculture into the University as the 5th Faculty took place under the name of "Faculty of Agriculture and Veterinary Medicine", Department of Agriculture and Department of Veterinary Medicine with effect from 01.11.1934. (12) Since the management of the administrative affairs by the Administrative Director of the Charité led to the detriment, the Administrative Director of the University took over these from 01.05.1935. Subsequently, the existing officials and employees of both departments were entrusted with new areas of work. With effect from 01.10.1937 the Department of Veterinary Medicine was transformed into an independent Faculty of Veterinary Medicine and separated from the connection with the Faculty of Agriculture. (13) Since 01.10.1937 the Faculty of Veterinary Medicine at the University of Berlin has been in existence. Registratur und Bestandsgeschichte I. Registraturverhältnisse As is usual with the older authority registries, the registry of the University of Veterinary Medicine also contained fact files. In most cases, the file titles correspond to the contents of the file. The external condition of the files, apart from some damaged file units, can be described as good. The traditional registry order begins relatively late, only with the takeover of the Tierarzneischule by the government of Berlin in 1817. From 1790 to 1817 the school was under the control of the Oberstallmeistern v. Lindenau and v. Jagow. The registry order was established in 1841 by the registrar Tönnies. (14) It has essentially been preserved in its structure until 1945 and beyond a few years later. Main groups were formed which were called "sections" (Roman numerals). The further subdivision according to Arabic numerals designated the individual file unit. A total of 45 sections were formed, with sections XXVIII, XXXVII-XLI, XLIII and XLV completely missing. The subordination of the Tierarzneischule under three different middle authorities (1817 government Berlin, 1822 police headquarters Berlin, 1836-1848 board of trustees for the hospital and Tierarzneischulangelegenheiten) affected also the registration conditions. Thus, a significant number of file units of these intermediate authorities, known as the "veterinary school registry", were inserted into the registry of the veterinary school when it was dissolved and continued there. Some files, which were not continued at the Tierarzneischule (government Berlin, police presidium). Board of Trustees for Hospital and Veterinary School Matters), were forwarded to the State Archive in Potsdam for competence. The direct subordination to the Ministry of Spiritual, Educational and Medical Affairs in 1847 eliminated the double subordination and also created clearer registry relationships. After the integration of the University of Veterinary Medicine into the University of Berlin on 01.11.1934 and the formation of the Faculty of Agricultural Veterinary Medicine, Department of Veterinary Medicine, the registration conditions remained the same. (15) After in May 1935 the administrative director of the university had been charged with the administration of the agricultural veterinary institutes, about 160 file units were handed over to him, most of which still exist. (16) The former central registry of the Veterinary University was thus split up. One part was handed over to the administrative director of the university (from 1936 university curator), the other remained as faculty files in the independent faculty of veterinary medicine established with effect from 01.10.1937. The existing audit files are referred to as "personal files", which also have gaps, are not listed in alphabetical order and are located at the end of the file. (17) A copy of the registration scheme is attached as an annex. TWO. Access The holdings were located in the heating cellar of the Chemical Institute of the Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, where they were found in November 1960 and taken over by the archive in January 1961. Negotiations to take over the stock had already been conducted with the Dean of the Faculty since 1955, but without result. At first, the dean refused to hand over the files to the archive, although the inventory was transferred from one place to another and finally ended up in the heating cellar of the Chemical Institute. During the order and distortion it was determined that the stock is no longer completely available. For cassation, therefore, it was mainly personal files of the technical personnel that were proposed. III. archival treatment The file material was roughly arranged in the year 1962 by Mr. Rambeau, whereby after the existing registry signatures the earlier order scheme was reconstructed. The indexing took place in the months February to June 1965 by Dr. Kossack, then head of the university archive. The existing file units were listed individually. The "extended distortion" (§ 87 OVG) was applied. Only in the case of the 'expert reports' files was the group listing applied. With regard to the internal order of the inventory, the found registry order was retained, since it remained unchanged during the activity of the registry formatter. (§ 61 OVG). A delimitation of the individual sections has been made and a copy of the registration scheme has been attached so that the user can quickly find his way around. Berlin, 30.07.1965/14.11.2016 Footnotes 1 Koch, Tankred: On the History of the Veterinary Faculty of the Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin. In: Veterinärmedizin in Berlin 1790-1965, Berlin 1965, pp. 9-52 2. Cf. Communication of the Government to Berlin, 1st Department v. 05.09.1817 in: UA of the HU, Veterinary College, No. 1, no. sheet. Z. 3. cf. communication of the police headquarters of 03.01.1822 in: University of Veterinary Medicine, no. 1, no. Bl. See 4. See Cabinet Order of 16.11.1835 in: Tierärztl. Hochschule, Nr. 1/1, Bl. 2-4 and Cabinet Order on the position of the Board of Trustees for Hospital and Veterinary School Affairs v. 24.06.1836 in: University of Veterinary Medicine, No. 1/1, p. 61-62 5 University of Veterinary Medicine, No. 11, p. 2-10 6th ibid., p. 258f 7th ibid., p. 394-408 8th cf. Rector Schmaltz's report of 02.12.1907 and copy of the cabinet order of 27.01.1909 in: University of Veterinary Medicine, No. 577, pp. 66-70 9. See "False Economy". University of Veterinary Medicine and Administrative Reform. Extract from the Berliner Börsen-Zeitung v. 05.01.1933 in: University of Veterinary Medicine, No. 11, p. 391 10. Cf. Decree of the Pr. Minister of Science, Art and National Education of 02.10.1934 in: University of Veterinary Medicine, No. 738, without Bl.Z. 11. Cf. text of the protocol in: University of Veterinary Medicine, No. 738, without Bl.Z. 12. See Decree of the Pr. Minister of Science, Art and National Education of 01.11.1934 in: University of Veterinary Medicine, No. 738, without Bl.Z. 13. See Decree of the Reich Minister for Science, Education and People's Education of 14.06.1937 in: University of Veterinary Medicine, No. 738, without Bl.Z. 14. See report of Tönnies v. 11.03.1841 in: University of Veterinary Medicine, personal file Tönnies, No. 687, vol. 1, without Bl.Z. 15. See Decree of the Pr. Minister of Science, Art and National Education of 01.11.1934 - U I No. 42 253 .1. in: University of Veterinary Medicine, no. 738, without sheet no. 16. The list is in: Veterinary college, No. 738, without Bl.Z. 17. the attachment of these files was ordered by the police president v. Esebeck by decree v. 19.03.1822. Cf. personal file Tönnies, vol. 1, p. 24 Annex Registration plan of the Veterinary University SectionFile groupsArchive.-No. I, No. 1-38 Organization of the school, 1-27 statistics, celebrations II, No. 6-81 Land matters 28-72 III, No. 2-42 Building matters 73-118 IV, no. 1-9 House and Garden Police 119--124 V, No. 3-32 Economy management 125-132 VI Catering needs Cassation VII, No. 1-14 Inventory matters 133-140 VIII, No. 1 Library 141-151 IX, No. 1-29 Teaching and instructional matters 152-185 Habilitations X, No. 1-28 examinations and 186-231 promotional matters XI, No. 1-32 Clinics and Institutes 232-271 XII, No. 2-17 Abdeckereiangelegenheiten 271/1-272 Pferde-Spital XIII, Nr. 2 Regulations for the guards 273 of the small domestic animals XIV, No. 2-5 District physicians and veterinary police 274-281 Affairs XV, no. 2-107 Scientific experiments 282-362 XVI, No. 1-6 Zootomy 363-365 XVII, No. 1-9 Pharmacist matters 366-371 XVIII, No. 4-15 Forging matters 372-379 XIX, No. 2 Veterinary school Königsberg 380 XX, No. 2-16 The Civil and Military_Eleven and 381-395/1 Students of School XXI, No. 1-19 The reception and study of 396-411 Military-Eleven XXII, No. 2-47 guest students, recording of the Zivil-Eleven, 412-447 tuition fees, Price Tasks, Fraternities and Corps XXIII, No. 1-18 Scholarships, Assistants, Foundations 448-468 XXIV, Nr. 1-12 Employment and legal relationships of 469-473 veterinarians XXV, No, 4 Personnel tables 474 XXVI, No. 1 Annual Reports of the University 475-482 XXVII, No. 1, 5 Veterinary reports 483-485 XXVIII, No. - XXIX, No. 1-42 Expert opinion on veterinary police 486-508 measures XXX, no. 3-8 Judicial opinions 509-514 XXXI, No. 1-3 Extrajudicial opinions 515-519 XXXII, No. 1-12 Office matters 520-523 XXX, No. 3-8 Judicial opinions 509-514 XXXI, No. 1-3 Extrajudicial opinions 515-519 XXXII, No. 1-12 Office matters 520-523 XXXIII, No. 1-54 Personnel matters 524-585 XXXIV Individual personal files of employees 586-695 including of the faculty XXXV, no. 6-16 Treasury matters 696-699 XXXVI, No. 1-5a Household matters 700-708 XLII, No. 2-3, 50, 67-92 Accounting 709-719 XLIV, no. 3-10 Spa and catering expenses 720-723 XLVI Miscellaneous 724-738 Participation of the university in exhibitions Reorganization of the university without outpatient clinic 739 Citation method: HU UA, Veterinary University.01, No. XXX. HU UA, TiH.01, No. XXX.

              Administrative history/biographical information: Status: December 2016 With the exception of three files that cannot be found at present, the collection is fully indexed (Augias, search book printout and old search index from the 1960s). Scope: approx. 47 linear metres, 4,288 units in 421 archive boxes (1834 - 1978) Life data are only given if they emerge from the contents of the file This is a consolidation of files. Mainly they were created by: - the Rector of the FWU - the University Curator of the FWU - the Administrative Director of the FWU - math.-nat. Faculty - Medical Faculty - Charité - Berlin Merchant Corporation - Berlin Chamber of Commerce and Industry - Berlin Graduate School of Economics - Berlin University of Agriculture - and other institutions: HU/UA UK Personalia: Signature (l. Num.). The Findbuch printout in the LS still lacks the additions resulting from the processing of the stocks PAMed1 and PAMed2. A reprint is pending. Period to: 1978 Period from: 1834 Citation method: HU UA, UK Personnel files until 1945, Mustermann, No. HU UA, UK Personalia, Mustermann, No.

              Administrative history/biographical information: Details from the Findbuch, compiled in 1961 by Archivdirektor Kossack (corrected and edited version): Der Universitäts-Kurator in Berlin - Behörden- und Bestandsgeschichtlicher Rückblick (The University Curator in Berlin - Review of Authorities and Inventory History) Heinz Kossack compiled a review of the history of authorities of the office of curator at the University of Berlin from the time the university was founded until 1945 in 1960. The order and distortion of this inventory made it necessary to give such a retrospective so that all those who use it would be aware of its importance and significance for the history of the university. The relationship between university and state, which was controversial among scientists and scholars, especially in the time of the feudal-absolutist state, confronts us in one way or another in this inventory when reviewing the archives. The state authority, be it in the form of the absolute or constitutional monarchy, the republic or the National Socialist dictatorship, enforces its demands against the university through a representative "on the spot" and controls the implementation of the given instructions and directives. This commissioner is the curator, although it should be noted that in Berlin the Ministry for Spiritual, Teaching and Medical Affairs carried out the most important curatorial tasks itself until 1923. Therefore the existence begins only with the employment of the extraordinary government plenipotentiary in the year 1819. Authority history I. The curator up to the appointment of the a. o. government plenipotentiary 1810-1819 By the regulation because of improved mechanism of the provincial authorities from 30 April 1815 (Pr. GS. 1815, S. 85ff) § 16 it was decreed that each chief president should be as "constant Commissarius curator of the university, which is in the province entrusted to him". The term "curator" appears in this ordinance, although the university's statutes of 1816 do not know it. The tasks of this curator were specified in the decree of 26 December 1808 (Pr. GS. p. 467ff) in § 10 (3) concerning the improved establishment of provincial, police and financial authorities (Pr. GS. p. 467ff) as follows: "the internal establishment of the universities the economic curate the appointment and employment of teachers of the university". For the University of Berlin, however, the Ministry of Spiritual, Teaching and Medical Affairs, formed by the Allerhöchste Kabinetts-Order of 3 November 1817 from the former Department of Cult and Public Education of the Ministry of the Interior, had reserved the performance of the so-called curatorial affairs for itself. Therefore, nothing is known about this period of the curator's activity at the University of Berlin. TWO. The Extraordinary Government Plenipotentiary 1819-1848 The Instruction for the Extraordinary Government Plenipotentiaries at the Universities of 18 November 1819 (Pr. GS. 1819, p. 233ff), issued by King Frederick William III of Prussia with the countersignature of the State Chancellor of Hardenberg in the execution of the Karlovy Vary resolutions for Prussia, initiated the blackest period in the history of the university on the one hand, but on the other hand it created clearer conditions in the history of the authorities. This instruction, which made the Government Plenipotentiary's task of lace-making both against the university teachers and against the students, transferred in Section IV that § 16 of the Decree was repealed because of improved establishment of the Provincial Authorities of 30 April 1815, according to which each Chief President was to be the curator of the university in the province entrusted to him. The powers of the trustees should be transferred to the government officials. However, in order not to eliminate the chief presidents completely, it was ordered that they should support the government plenipotentiaries by all means. Section V pointed out that the Government Plenipotentiaries are in the same position as the Trustees and clearly specified the tasks of the Government Plenipotentiaries: 1. they are to be regarded as deputies of the Ministry, as are the Trustees. Therefore, their orders must be executed by the academic authorities and all reports, including those of the directors of institutes and collections, must go through their hands. 2. are directly subordinated to the Ministry of Spiritual, Educational and Medical Affairs and report only to it. They also receive their orders and resolutions only from the ministry. 3. You will receive the necessary service personnel. If necessary, all "subalterns" of the universities should be made available to them. However, a special reservation was made at the University of Berlin, in that the instruction of 18 November 1819 ordered that it was reserved for the Ministry to carry out the curatorial duties directly, but to transfer them to the government representative to such an extent that he could act in the best interests of the university. By decree of the Minister of 20 November 1819, the University was informed that the Geh. Oberregierungsrat Schultz had been appointed Government Plenipotentiary. However, the following restriction has been made: "Since the Instruction for the Government Plenipotentiaries reserves to the Minister the right to delegate to him part of the business of the Board of Trustees of the Royal University within himself, the Privy Council of the Supreme Government Schultz has been provisionally instructed in general to establish a personal relationship with the University, its staff and its institutes and facilities, to maintain itself in continuous and ongoing knowledge thereof, to investigate the shortcomings and needs of the University in all its branches and to bring them to the attention of the Ministerio together with appropriate proposals for their secondment, to see for itself that the orders made or approved by the Ministerio, whatever part of the university institutions or the institutes and collections belonging thereto they also concern, are promptly and fully implemented, and to report to the Ministerio on their implementation." Schultz ran the business until May 1824, when he was succeeded under the same circumstances by the Beckedorff supreme government council. The Cabinet Order of 21 May 1824 regulated in particular the position of the Government Plenipotentiary to the Rector and the sub-officials of the University. Thereafter, the Government Plenipotentiary was the Rector's superior in charge of supervising the Rector's conduct of office. Furthermore, the subordinates of the University were obliged to obey the orders of the Government Plenipotentiary in the matters which he dealt with directly. Because of the matters concerning the Rector and Senate, the Government Plenipotentiary could issue his instructions to the sub-officials by the Rector. Beckedorff retired in June 1827. By ministerial decree of 14 June 1827, it was decreed that the rector and the university judge should now act jointly as deputy government representatives. This regulation existed until 1841. After confirmation by the ministry, the rector was entrusted with the performance of this activity with the university judge. However, by decree of 13 April 1841, this transitional arrangement was repealed and the duties of the Government Plenipotentiary were entrusted to the Director of the Ministry's Education Department, Oberregierungsrat von Ladenberg, with effect from 1 June 1841. After an instruction for v. Ladenberg as temporary curator and extraordinary government representative, it was particularly emphasized because of the tasks of the curator that v. Ladenberg should only perform these tasks to the extent that they were not processed by the ministry. We therefore find this restriction in the corresponding decrees on an ongoing basis. Furthermore, according to this instruction, the rector and the university judge were again deputy government plenipotentiaries, i.e. the government plenipotentiary could delegate his duties to the rector and the university judge in the absence of the rector and the university judge. In April 1848, following the decision of the Federal Assembly, the exceptional legislation of the German Confederation enacted in 1819 was repealed. The Federal Decrees on the use of extraordinary government plenipotentiaries at universities also fell within the scope of this resolution. III The Board of Trustees of the Friedrich-Wilhelms-Universität zu Berlin 1848-1923 By decree of the Minister for Spiritual, Teaching and Medical Affairs of 18 July 1848, Ladenberg was recalled from office as a government representative and instructed to limit himself to the pure functions of a curator. These functions consisted according to § 10 (3) of the decree of 28 September 1808 (Pr. GS. 1806-1810, p. 467) in: a.) the internal institution; b.) the economic board of trustees; c.) the appointment and employment of teachers because of improved establishment of the provincial, police and financial authorities (Pr. GS. 1806-1810, p. 467). At the same time, the decree stated that the final provisions on university boards of trustees should only be recast after a general reform of universities had been carried out. However, this reform did not take place until 1918. Since von Ladenberg was entrusted with the direction of the Ministry, he appointed the then Rector and Deputy University Judge to administer the duties of the Board of Trustees by decree of 16 November 1848. Since then, the duties of curator have remained with the University of Berlin until 1923, unless they were handled by the ministry itself, with the respective rector and university judge. The official designation was: "Deputy Curators" or "Royal Board of Trustees of the Friedrich Wilhelm University of Berlin". The activities of the Board of Trustees consisted in the processing of: 1. matriculation matters; 2. scholarship matters; 3. administrative matters. To 1.): Here, the Board of Trustees was particularly active in the admission of students in accordance with the ministerial regulations issued for this purpose. Too 2.): Granting support to needy and dignified students, continuing the administration of scholarship foundations and their revision. To 3.): The administrative matters concerned the authorisation to allocate budgetary appropriations up to RM 6000 per year. Furthermore, student statistics had to be prepared for the ministry and other special orders had to be handled by the ministry. At a later stage it seems that the personnel files of professors and other employees have been added. The tasks of this board of trustees were therefore rather limited. Therefore also the file material available from this time is relatively small and little productive. The staffing was carried out in such a way that, in addition to the Government Plenipotentiary, a clerical secretary was active. The latter was named curatorial-secretary after the abolition of the institution of the government plenipotentiary. His tasks were: a.) The keeping of the journal, a file repertory and an index; b.) The preparation of all copies; c.) The stapling and rotating of the files; d.) The preparation of various lists. The report of the curatorial secretary Schleusener of 26 February 1858 shows that the registry at that time contained 335 volumes of files. Furthermore, according to Schleusener's report, 250-260 new things were received each year and 140 letters were issued and "mundiert" (mouthed). This office of curatorial secretary was maintained until 1923. After Daudé, the curatorial secretary had the following duties in 1887: a.) Completion of registration work and management of the journal; b.) Acceptance of applications for enrolment (4 semesters, subsequent enrolment); c.) The registration of the student (4 semesters, subsequent enrolment).) Preparation of expeditions and clean copies of the correspondence of the Board of Trustees; d.) Preparation of expeditions and clean copies concerning the administration of the title "Insgemein" and the support fund; e.) Provision of information to students regarding the admission requirements for their studies. In addition, the curatorial secretary had to work on some tasks in the closer university service, since he obviously could not be fully employed in his own field of work. The distribution of business remained essentially the same until 1923. IV. The administrative director at the Friedrich-Wilhelms-Universität zu Berlin 1923-1936 The statutes of the University of Berlin of 1930, which were issued on the basis of the decision of the Prussian State Ministry of 20 March 1923, provided in § 5, p. 2 an administrative director with the following duties: "The external administration of the institutes, seminars and institutions including the clinics outside the Charité on behalf of the minister. He oversees the university's budget, treasury and accounting." Under Articles 83-84 of the Statutes, the Administrative Director was required to exercise certain powers in the appointment of officials in grades A 7 to A 11. Erich Wende, "Grundlagen des Preußischen Hochschulrechts", p. 59, speaks of the administrative director as the minister's representative in the external affairs of the natural science and humanities institutes and institutions and the clinics outside the Charité. The remaining tasks of the former Board of Trustees have been transferred to the Rector, who is supported by the University Council. There is no doubt that these are mainly the tasks that had to be carried out with enrolment. Compared to the former board of trustees, however, the number of employees has now increased to about 10 (civil servants, employees, clerks). After the fall of communism (loc. cit., p. 53 et seq.), the creation of the office of Administrative Director is the result of a fundamental university reform that had been discussed long before the outbreak of the First World War. The first administrative director at the University of Berlin was the former university judge Geh. Regierungsrat Dr. Wollenberg, who was replaced by Dr. Büchsel in 1925. V. The University Curator in Berlin 1936-1945 The institution of the Administrative Director remained in existence until 1936. With effect from 1 April 1936, by decree of the Reich Minister for Science, Education and Popular Education of 2 April 1936 (W Ib No. 861, Z II), the position of Administrative Director was transformed into that of Curator. The former Administrative Director Dr. Büchsel, who worked as curator until 1944 with minor interruptions, was entrusted with the management of the business. The tasks of the university curator in Berlin, as the official name was, seem to have been very extensive, measured by the number of staff (34 civil servants, employees and typists). There is a business allocation plan which divides the entire administrative area into 7 working groups (see Annex). In order to achieve a settlement of competences between rector and curator, the Minister for Science, Education and Popular Education issued a corresponding draft of a speaker by decree of 9 March 1942 (WA 278/42), the further fate of which could not be established. The draft is based on the assumption that the curator for the area of external operating resources and the stock of equipment and personnel, which only enables teaching and research to be carried out, is the local representative of the Reich Ministry. According to the a.m. draft, the external administration of higher education institutions included the following tasks: 1. the appointment and employment of all university staff outside the teaching staff and scientific officials, but including assistants, and the supervision of these groups of persons; 2. the handling of all civil servants' and remuneration-related matters for all officials belonging to the higher education sector, in this case including university teachers and scientific officials, and the keeping of the personal files of these officials. 3. the swearing in of the civil servants listed under 1. with the exception of the assistants; 4. the management of the budgetary, cash and accounting system; 5. the entire external administration of the institutes, seminars, clinics and other institutions; 6. the management of the building and property administration; 7. the representation of the state university administration vis-à-vis other authorities and the representation of the state and the university in legal transactions and legal disputes before and outside the court. The curator also had the Central Registration Office for Supply Aspirants for the area of the entire scientific administration in the former German Reich, whose activity, however, ended in 1944 as a result of transfer to another office. Furthermore, the respective administrative director or curator was administrative director of the University Hospital and chairman of several examination commissions (e.g. food chemist examination, insurance expert examination). This complex of tasks remained essentially unchanged until 1945. With the collapse of the Nazi state, the activities of the curator's office also ended. This marks the end of a development phase in the administrative history of the university. Provenance: University Curator 1819-1945 Order and Classification: Business Distribution Plan for the Office of the Curator of the University of Berlin (Basis of Classification after 1928) Department I: Office Director Affairs General Affairs of the Institutes Personnel Affairs of the Office Property Management (Main Building, Assembly Building, Lecture Hall Building) Management of Fund Controls Support Control of the Processing of All Correspondence of all Departments Department II: Officials Natural Science and Medical Institutes and Clinics Budgets Affairs Foundations Building Matters of University Institutes Division III A: Assistants Lecturers Teaching Assignments Student Affairs Fee Schedule Scientific Assistants Faculty Affairs Humanities Institute Division III B: Professors Professors-Witwen "Professoren emer. Veterinary institutes Lecturers Construction matters of veterinary institutes Division IV: Employees Wage earners. Division L: University Institutes of Physical Education Sports Affairs Division V, Audit Office Division VI: Payroll Office Statistics pp. Form administration postage stamps inventory list. Division VII or VII B: official housing pp. Property levies pp. Property management Building matters of the agricultural department Fuel supply pp. Photographic demonstrations pp. Agricultural Institutes Humanities Institutes, insofar as not included in III A. Zentral-Vormerkungsstelle Preface: Archive Director Heinz Kossack listed the holdings in 1961 and compiled an extensive finding aid book. The units of distortion already taken over into the archive software some time ago were checked, corrected and supplemented in 2016/17. Some file units (mostly no. XX/1) were probably not assigned to this collection until later - these numbers did not exist in the find book Kossack 1961. Information from the find book Kossack 1961 created (excerpt): The inventory of the university curator was partly scattered according to signatures and partly mixed with other inventories, partly in the magazine, partly in the archivist's workroom. Order and registration work seems never to have been carried out on the inventory. There were no major losses in the portfolio. The entire collection was recorded and arranged by Heinz Kossack in the period from January 1960 to February 1961. The distortion could take place at first only after the Bärschen principle. The order was then established in the holdings of the Government Plenipotentiary according to the old signatures. In the case of the administrative director and curator, the order could be established according to the present file plan (administrative structure principle). Period to: 1950 Period from: 1819 Citation method: HU UA, University Curator.01, No. XXX. HU UA, UK.01, No. XXX. Inventory history: History of the files and the registry: At first it could be established that the registry was structured according to the following system: a) Government Plenipotentiary, from 1819, Board of Trustees from 1848, Administrative Director 1923 to 1928, subject formation according to keywords alphabetically. Hand stapled files were kept. The file number was formed, applying the letter with number. Example: Litt. A. No. 1/ VollII. From this time a file index or repertory could not be found. If a new file was created, the subject was added to the corresponding letter under the following number. It was not possible to determine whether a central registry existed, but it can be assumed. On the basis of a file handover register from 1848, it could be established that the holdings of the government authorised representative have been almost completely preserved. b) Administrative Director 1928 - 1936 In 1928, as a result of the office reform, the use of filing cabinets was switched to in 1928. The previous keyword system was abandoned at the same time. The numbering system was introduced. The reference number, which was now the same as the reference number, consisted of three digits. The structure of the file plan was such that the numerical series I 100 - I 199 fundamental matters: included personnel, insurance, organisational and support matters. The numbers II 200 - II 399 included: Cash and accounting matters, building and property matters, legal and procedural matters, student body matters, examination matters. Numbers III 400 - III 640 include the building budgets, material and personnel matters of the faculties, seminars and institutes. Numbers IV 650 - IV 700 included the construction budget, the material and human resources of the university hospital and the dental institute. The new file number formed in this way was e.g: "VD 126/30" State of development, extent: Ordered and completely listed; extent: approx. 35 running metres