Mainz

Elements area

Taxonomy

Code

Scope note(s)

    Source note(s)

    Display note(s)

      Hierarchical terms

      Mainz

        Equivalent terms

        Mainz

        • UF Frankfurt Rhine-Main Metropolitan Region
        • UF Mogontiacum
        • UF Mainz

        Associated terms

        Mainz

          9 Archival description results for Mainz

          9 results directly related Exclude narrower terms
          Stadtarchiv Mainz, VOA 6 · Fonds · 1820 - 1934
          Part of City Archive Mainz (Archivtektonik)

          After Bischofsheim's incorporation, the almost 9 m files of the VOA 6 holdings were transferred to the Mainz municipal archives in the course of two deliveries. On 01.12.1934, 161 "Rechnungs-Archivalien" (Invoice Archives), mostly from the second half of the 19th century, were handed over by the local administration of Mainz-Bischofsheim (Zug.: 1934/96). At the beginning of 1939 she had 60 parcels of "finished files" ready for stamping. The then director of the city archive, Dr. Dertsch, singled out 40 packages with files mainly from the second and third decades of the 20th century as not worthy of archiving. They concerned social welfare, food supply during and after the First World War, "general course of business", state and Reichstag elections as well as forest and municipal affairs. On 03.03.1939 20 packages (without access number) were taken over. These included eight packages of "various old files from 1820-1920", four packages each of militaria and "school affairs until 1930", two packages of mayoral and municipal elections between 1850 and 1914, and one package each of agriculture (1870-1900) and construction ("older files"). With the two entrances, the documents of the Bischofsheim municipal administration that had been handed down and intended for permanent storage did not reach the Mainz municipal archives in their entirety. A part remained in the place, so that the Bischofsheimer tradition is today divided. In Bischofsheim, mainly files and official books from the early modern period and the first half of the 19th century are kept. This is a collection which was listed in its core as early as 1914 in the inventories of the municipal archives of the district Groß-Gerau (cf. Becker, Wilhelm Martin (ed.): Invententare der Gemeindearchive des Kreises Groß-Gerau, Darmstadt 1914 (Invententare der nichtstaatlichen Archive im Großherzogtum Hessen, vol. 3: Invententar der hessischen Gemeinde-Archive, H.1), pp. 7f. The Bischofsheimer directory was compiled by the teacher Bechtolsheimer and supplemented by the Kreisurkundenpfleger). After the Second World War, the holdings were obviously supplemented with more recent materials (cf. Inventory Catalogue of the Municipal Archive of the Municipality of Bischofsheim). In: Bischofsheimer Geschichtsblätter, H.40, September 1967, p.212-219). Although the 701 volumes (without duplicates of invoices) kept in the Mainz City Archives run from 1733 to 1937, they focus on the second half of the 19th century and the first three decades of the 20th century. Thematically, the areas "Church Affairs" and "Education" stand out. Reference should also be made to the files on voluntary jurisdiction, the French occupation after the First World War and the construction industry. When it was taken over by the town archives, the files were roughly arranged according to the 1908 registration plan for the grand ducal mayor's offices. When examining the archives, however, it became apparent that, on the one hand, the titles of the files given by the registration plan often did not describe their contents sufficiently and, on the other hand, that there was often no organic and, in many cases, no factual connection between the individual documents of a file volume. This made the distortion work more difficult. In order to ensure sufficient indexing, new file units had to be formed in part - disregarding archival principles. For the same reason, the titles were formulated in as much detail as possible and often supplemented with notes ("Contains", "Contains, etc.", "Contains, etc."). Reference was made to foreign documents as well as to newspapers and printed matter, photographs and plans (except for construction files) with "Darin auch". Only a few documents were collected, above all incomplete forms and questionnaires for statistical surveys, which were available in several copies, as well as advertising material from companies outside the Sprengels of the Mainz City Archive. A comparison between the delivery notes or lists from 1934 and 1939 on the one hand and the found stock on the other hand suggests that a small amount of material was destroyed between the time of the takeover and the distortion. It must remain unclear whether this was due to an archival decision or to the effects of war. In the final classification, the complete adoption of the 1908 registry plan did not seem to make much sense, as numerous departments would have been occupied with little or no occupancy at all. For this reason, a new scheme was developed on the basis of the registry plan and on the basis of the classifications found in other suburban archives of the Mainz Municipal Archives, which seeks to take account of the actual files found. Due to a personnel change, two editors were involved in the creation of the finding aid book, whose different "manuscripts" could not be completely suppressed during the final editing. It began with the drawing in spring/summer 1988 by Mrs. Andrea Eckel, was completed in winter 1990/91 by the undersigned, Mr. Heiner Stauder, who also carried out the classification and wrote the preface. The search book was entered into the database "Archibal" in November 1999 by Mrs. Gerda Kessler in cooperation with Mrs. Ramona Göbel (Chief Inspector of the Archives). Local history of Bischofsheim: The beginnings of today's Bischofsheim date back to the time of the Frankish occupation of the land. Both archaeological finds and the ending of the place name on "-heim" speak for this. However, the prefixed place of destination is not a personal name, as is usually the case, but an ecclesiastical official designation. Staab concludes that the bishop of Mainz was the founder of the Franconian settlement. He probably also owned the local church, which was probably dedicated to Saint Martin. It probably passed into the possession of the Sankt Viktor monastery near Weisenau around 1000, which was the most important landlord of the Mainz monasteries and monasteries wealthy in Bischofsheim alongside the cathedral monastery. It also received a large tithe in most of the district and had the right of patronage, which it retained even after the introduction of the Reformation in Bischofsheim during the 16th century. In the second half of the 13th century, members of various branches of the Reichsministerialengeschlechts von Bolanden could be seized as holders of sovereign rights. At the beginning of the 14th century the Hohenfels line had apparently prevailed, but in 1331 members of this house sold the village of Bischofsheim with court, people and all accessories for 400 pounds of heller to Count Rudolf von Wertheim and Gottfried von Eppstein. The aristocracy of Wertheim soon seems to have passed into the hands of the arch monastery of Mainz, which pledged it to Henne von Erlebach in 1417: von Weilbach. One of his descendants, Adam von Erlebach, and his wife Margarethe came in the same way into possession of the Eppsteiner share, which the pledgee lord sold to Count Philipp von Katzenelnbogen in 1478. After his death in the following year the Landgraves of Hesse inherit him, whose Darmstadt line succeeded in putting themselves into the complete possession of Bischofsheim. In 1577, after lengthy negotiations, the lords of Hattstein sold their rights to Landgrave George I to succeed von Erlebach, and two years later the archbishopric of Mainz did the same. Thus Bischofsheim has belonged to Hesse (-Darmstadt) since 1579. The change of rule in 1577/79 and the Reformation, which was presumably already in place before that, left the possessions and rights of the Mainz monasteries and monasteries untouched. Not until 1802/03 did their estates fall to the Hessian state in the course of secularisation. This transition was one of the many innovations that took place during the 19th century. In the wake of the constitution issued by the Grand Duchy of Hesse in 1820, the judiciary and administration were separated, which necessitated a reorganization of the state. Bischofsheim, which had previously belonged to the Rüsselsheim office, was assigned to the Dornberg district in the province of Starkenburg or to the Groß-Gerau district court. While the division of the judiciary remained largely the same over the next 110 years - only in 1879 did the district court of Groß-Gerau become the district court with the introduction of the German Court Constitution Act of 3 September 1878 - the territorial division of the administration was subject to several changes. In 1832 Bischofsheim was added to the district Groß-Gerau, after the dissolution of the districts in the course of the revolution of 1848 to the administrative district Darmstadt. When the districts were restituted in the course of the reaction in 1852, Bischofsheim returned to the Groß-Gerau district, where it remained until it was incorporated into Mainz in 1930. With the constitution of 1820, the traditional municipal constitution was also no longer compatible, which is why a new municipal order was issued in 1821. In Bischofsheim it also replaced the mayor's office with the mayor, who together with the deputy and the local council formed the local executive committee. However, in Bischofsheim the term "Schultheiß" seems to have been in use for some time. A further innovation in the first half of the 19th century meant the abolition of the traditional agricultural constitution: the rule of the land and the rule of the tenth disappeared with the transfer of the land charges, which had largely been carried out in Bischofsheim until 1842. At this time the Bischofsheimer still lived predominantly from agriculture. Their village had not yet expanded beyond the local embankment, which had been built to protect the inhabitants of the Mainufergemeinde from the often threatening floods. A profound socio-economic and demographic change began with industrialization in the second half of the 19th century. Numerous employees of the companies being established in the neighbouring communities, namely MAN in Gustavsburg and Opel in Rüsselsheim, came from or moved to Bischofsheim. However, the most important employer for the Bischofsheimers was the railway, which had a decisive influence on the history of the town. After the Mainz-Darmstadt line had been opened in 1858 and the Mainz-Frankfurt line in 1863, the Bischofsheim railway station was expanded at the turn of the century to become the largest marshalling yard in southern Germany and Mainz's relief freight yard. This contributed significantly to the growth of the settlement and population. The influx of railway employees and factory workers also created a Catholic community, after Bischofsheim - apart from some Jews - had been purely Protestant. The changes in the course of industrialization naturally also affected the activities of the municipal administration. Reference is made here to the construction of schools and local roads, which is reflected in the files at hand. These also provide information about the consequences of the French occupation of the Rhineland after the First World War and the passive resistance. Since this was exercised in particular also by numerous railwaymen, it came in Bischofsheim to numerous expulsions by the occupation authorities. At the end of the 1920s, the local government planned to lay gas and water pipelines. These two projects brought the community into severe financial distress in the context of the global economic crisis. In this situation, the idea of incorporation into Mainz was awakened for the first time, which was finally realised after hard disputes between the population and the local council. On 01.01.1930 Bischofsheim was incorporated into the city of Mainz together with neighbouring Ginsheim-Gustavsburg, Bretzenheim and Weisenau, which hoped to benefit from an expansion of its area. In 1930 their area doubled from 4096 ha to 8195 ha, of which 930 ha were in the Bischofsheim district. After the incorporation, Fischer, who had been mayor since then, initially acted as head of the village until, after the National Socialist seizure of power, he was replaced by the party member Fritz Eitel, who also headed the Ginsheim-Gustavsburg district. During his term of office the discrimination of the Jewish population began, which reached its first climax in the pogrom night of 9/10.11.1938. At that time the synagogue in Bischofsheim was damaged. The remaining Jewish inhabitants in Bischofsheim were victims of the Holocaust during the war. Victims were also claimed by the Allied bombing raids, which targeted the railway station, but often also affected the settlement. After the war, the Rhine became the border between two occupation zones or federal states. As a result, the connection between Mainz and Bischofsheim was dissolved, and Bischofsheim declared itself an independent parish again in the district of Groß-Gerau. Mayor and local leader of Bischofsheim (1853-1945), (Source: Mangold, p. 114 and Bischofsheimer Geschichtsblätter 14, 1965 (special issue). A listing of the mayors before 1853 was omitted, since the archives showed deviations from the terms of office, which were mentioned in the gen. Literature can be called. For checking and, if necessary, correction, archival records must also be consulted which are kept in the municipal archives in Bischofsheim. In particular the invoices are to be consulted.) 1853-1862: Johannes Schneider, mayor; 1862-1865: Michael Dammel, mayor; 1865-1909: Philipp Jakob Wiesenecker, mayor; 1910-1920: Heinrich Hünerkopf, mayor; 1921-1933: Georg Fischer, mayor, from 1930 local head; 1933-1939: Friedrich Eitel, local head; 1939-1945: Georg Fischer, local head of population development Bischofsheim Quellen, unless otherwise stated: Mangold, p. 73. 1792: Total: 400; 1829: Total: 668; 1861: Total: 1078; 1865 (statistical overview in volume 621): Total: 1169, of which Protestant: 1093, Catholic: 6, Jews: 70, Houses: 146; 1873: Total: 1404, (according to the German Federal Statistics Office): 1,964, (according to the German Federal Statistics Office): 1,971. Hartwig-Thürmer, p. 11ff.): of which cath.: 50, Jews: 60; 1895: Total: 2264; 1900: Total: 2961; 1910: Total: 4456, of which ev.: 3686, cath.: 717, Jews: 46; 1930: (according to "Groß-Mainz", p. 5:) Total: 5438, of which Protestant: 4358, Catholic: 982, Jews: 31, Houses: 690; 1939: Total: 6407 (Hartwig-Thürmer, p. 11ff.); 1948: Total: 7412 (Hartwig-Thürmer, p. 11ff.) Bischofsheimer Geschichtsblätter 1950 ff. (= publication organ of the Heimat- und Geschichtsverein Bischofsheim); "Groß-Mainz". Special edition of the Mainzer Anzeiger on 1 January 1930. Supplement to edition no. 303 of 31.12.1929; Hansel, Klaus: Das Stift St. Victor vor Mainz. Phil.Diss. Mainz. Gernsheim 1952; Hartwig-Thürmer, Christine: Ginsheim-Gustavsburg, Bischofsheim. The Mainspitze under the swastika. Frankfurt/M. o.J.; This: "Here it was already bad ...". In: When the last hopes burned. 9/10 November 1938. Mainz Jews between integration and annihilation. Mainz 1988 (Mainz Edition, Vol. 5), pp. 115-125; Leiwig, Heinz/ Neliba, Dieter H.: The tip of the Main in the crosshairs of the Royal Air Force and the 8th USAAF - Bischofsheim 1939-1945 -. Ginsheim-Gustavsburg 1985; Mangold, Georg: Bischofsheim. A historical homeland book. Mainz 1929 (Starkenburg in its past, vol. 5). Müller, Wilhelm (editor): Hessian place name book vol.1: Starkenburg. Darmstadt 1937; Ruppel, Hans-Georg/ Müller, Karin (Bearb.): Historical place index for the area of the former Grand Duchy and People's State of Hesse. Darmstadt 1976 (Darmstädter Archivschriften, vol. 2); Staab, Franz: Studies on the Society on the Middle Rhine during the Carolingian period. Wiesbaden 1975 (Historical regional studies, vol. 11).

          Stadtarchiv Worms, 242 · Fonds
          Part of City Archive Worms (Archivtektonik)

          Inventory description: Abt. 242 Gemeindearchiv Nieder-Flörsheim Scope: 162 archive boxes and 1 linear metre of oversized formats (= 763 units of description) = 21.5 linear metres (additional m. N) Duration: 1705 - 1945 Place of storage: Ernst-Ludwig-Schule Zur Ortsgeschichte The town of Nieder-Flörsheim was first documented in 768 in a deed of donation in the Lorscher Codex. "On 05.11.768 Gerolf and his brother Emino awarded their parents and their sister Seghelinda a farm ride, 10 days work of arable land and field suitable for planting a vineyard on it for the salvation of their souls. Mention of the vineyard proves that at that time the Franks were already engaged in viticulture and could dispose of their estates. The place used to be called Fletersheim, Flaridesheim, Ilersheim, Nieder-Flersheim. In addition to Lorsch, the Cyrikusstift Neuhausen also owned estates in Flörsheim. Nieder-Flörsheim belonged to the cathedral of Worms since the Middle Ages. In the 13th century Philipp von Falkenstein depressed the monastery and settled in the village. In 1349 the monastery took over the patronage of the Leiningen family and in 1400 it transferred half of the village to the Palatine Count Ruprecht III in ownership. The other half of the village and the bailiwick belong to the monastery of Neuhausen and when this monastery was abolished by Elector Frederick III in 1566, the other half of the village also came to the Palatinate. It was assigned to the Chief Alzey Office. In 1792 the southwest was again involved in the war, when French revolutionary armies occupied the left bank. Again it came to plunderings and tribute payments at money and Naturalien. The later Rheinhessen and the Kurpfalz formed the Donnersberg department, to which the 24 municipalities of Rheinhessen also belonged. Administrative reform and economic upturn in agriculture shaped people's lives. After Napoleon's defeat Nieder-Flörsheim came to the Grand Duchy of Hesse. 1816 Canton Pfeddersheim, 1835 district Worms, 1848 administrative district Mainz, 1850 administrative district Worms, 1852 - 1969 district Worms (1946 Rhineland-Palatinate). As part of the administrative reform, the municipalities of Nieder-Flörsheim and Dalsheim were merged to form the new municipality of Flörsheim-Dalsheim in 1969. The parish had a parish church dedicated to St. John which was first mentioned in a document in 1234. During the Palatinate division of the church in 1705, the church fell to the Reformed. The Catholics set up an oratory in the town hall. It became a branch of the Catholic Church in Dalsheim. The Lutherans were awarded a parish in Dalsheim. In Nieder-Flörsheim there were two schools, the Reformed with the school building and the Catholic school. The Israelite community built a synagogue in 1817 (Untergasse 10), but sold it to the Häußer family in 1920. The population grew in 1811 to 596 inhabitants. The archival material in the municipality of Nieder-Flörsheim was attempted to be arranged as early as 1838. From the letter of the district council of the district Worms it appears that Mr. Völker from Wersau (Odenwald) had been commissioned to order the municipal registration of Nieder-Flörsheim (No. 0156, s. 13.03.1838). In 1914 the teacher A. Trieb compiled a file index of the municipal archive Nieder-Flörsheim (see Dept. 206 No. 99). After the dissolution of the administrative district of Worms (1969), the two combined municipalities of Nieder-Flörsheim and Dalsheim initially retained their archives in the town hall (in contrast to all other municipalities of the VG which had already deposited their documents in the town archive of Worms). Only after lengthy negotiations with the municipality in 1998 was the valuable archive material handed over to the municipal archive by the municipality of Flörsheim-Dalsheim together with the archives of Dalsheim after the conclusion of a deposit contract. The relatively undisturbed and rich archive material, especially the older ones, was stored in the cellar of the Ernst-Ludwig-Schule, in contrast to many neighbouring communities in both places. The indexing of both community archives began in autumn 2009. First of all, the documents had been prepared in 2008 according to the order of the 1908 registration plan; in 2009/10 the files were successively brought to the Raschi-Haus for processing and processed there. The duration of the project essentially begins in the first third of the 18th century and usually lasts until 1945. The forests of Nieder-Flörsheim are particularly worth mentioning. The Nieder-Flörsheimer forest served the community as a source of income. Numerous records of timber auctions and counts can be found in the documents of the municipal treasury bills. For reasons of data protection, 2 files were provided with a blocking note for use in accordance with the provisions of the Land Archives Act. After completion of the new indexing (Sept. 2009 - April 2010), the holdings comprise 759 units of description (10.7.2012: 763), which are stored in 162 archive boxes. The files are in good condition. No cassations were made. Because of the different file plans, a new section 242-N was created for the files of the municipality from 1945 to 1969 until their merger with Dalsheim, which is to be used in addition. For Dept. 242 and 243 there is still an extensive and still unseen collection of printed matter, laws and other grey literature in the holdings, which would require separation and indexing. Supplementary archive departments in the city archive: -Abt. 35 Worms Health Department -Abt. 49 Pfeddersheim Municipal Archive -Abt. 180/10 Volksbank Worms-Wonnegau -Abt. 185 Family and company archive Ludwig C. Freiherr von Heyl -Abt. 241 Gemeindearchiv Dalsheim -Abt. 204 Worms Documentation/Collection Literature: BRILMAYER, Karl Johann, Rheinhessen in the past and present, Giessen 1905 KOßLER, Matthias, Chronicle of the territory of the municipality of Monsheim, Mainz 1992 Festschrift der Provinz Rheinhessen zur 100jahrfeier 1816-1916, Mainz 1916 GALLÉ, Völker, Rheinhessen. Discovery trips in the hills between Worms and Bingen, Mainz and Alzey, Cologne, 1992 KORB, Willi, Nieder-Flörsheim. From the history of a wine village in Rhinehesse. Studies commemorating the 1200th anniversary, Westhofen, 1968 Worms, April 2010 Magdalena Kiefel

          Stadtarchiv Worms, 042 · Fonds
          Part of City Archive Worms (Archivtektonik)

          Description of holdings: Dept. 42 Gemeindearchiv Horchheim Scope: 107 archive boxes, 3 m Amtsbücher, 11 m Urk.z.Rechn. (923 units = 33 m) Duration: 1710 - 1945/72 Zur Ortsgeschichte Horchheim lies approx. four km southwest of Worms in the Eisbachtal. The village was first mentioned in a deed of donation in the Lorsch Codex in 766. The name of the place is derived from the word "horac" "swampy". The marshy valley, afflicted by the floods of the Eisbach, gave it its name. Horchheim had belonged to the high monastery of Worms since the early Middle Ages. Together with some surrounding villages Horchheim and Weinsheim belonged to the dominion of Stauf, which in the 12th century was under the rule of Counts of Eberstein, from 1215 the Counts of Zweibrücken and from 1378 by purchase to the Counts of Sponheim. In 1393 the dominion was inherited by the Counts of Nassau-Saarbrücken; the Electorate Palatinate and Nassau-Weilburg, who had also acquired rights in Horchheim over the years, were involved in an exchange contract in 1706, with which the village returned to the high monastery (until 1798). 1798 - 1814 French domination, from 1816 Grand Duchy and Volksstaat Hessen respectively; 1816 Canton Pfeddersheim, 1835 District Worms, 1848 Regierungsbezirk Mainz, 1850 Regierungsbezirk Worms, 1852 - 1942 District Worms, incorporation into Worms on 01.04.1942. The municipalities Horchheim and Weinsheim are closely connected in their history. In 1715 Weinsheim appears for the first time as an independent municipality with its own mayor. After 1792, Weinsheim was administered from Wiesoppenheim, while it had always been a church branch of Horchheim. Due to the close connection, files from Weinsheim are also part of the Horchheim collection. From the middle of the 16th to the beginning of the 17th century Horchheim was predominantly Protestant, since 1635 (until today predominantly Catholic) again (parish church Heilig-Kreuz, patronage and tenth right of the cathedral monastery). In 1496 about 200 inhabitants lived in Horchheim. By 1900 the population had grown to about 1,800 inhabitants, 7 of them Jews, and in 2002 it was 4,475 inhabitants. Worth mentioning are the charitable foundations in Horchheim: the Elendenbruderschaft, the Hospital Neuhausen and the branch of the Order of Merciful Sisters. The brotherhood of the wretched was established in 1448. In 1726 a new altar for the church was procured from the funds of the foundation and a contribution to the purchase of an organ was shown. The money from the interest was used to build and maintain the school building and to pay the school teachers, to care for the local poor and poor travellers and to pay the school fees for poor children. In 1824 the fund was placed under the control of the administrative commission of the Neuhausen Hospital by the provincial government in Mainz. In 1825, at the request of the Horchheim municipal council, the so-called brotherhood house with garden was auctioned off. The proceeds were used to build the new school and community centre. The Neuhausen Hospital was founded in 1729/30 by the bishop of Worms, Franz Ludwig von Pfalz-Neuburg (1694-1732) in the form of a foundation and equipped with rich property. In a document dated 22 August 1730 (Dept. 61 No. 112), the bishop bought the manor and former monastery Liebenau for 12,000 guilders with an associated mill and numerous possessions in order to guarantee the existence of the foundation. Before his death he bequeathed a large part of his assets to the foundation to complete the newly built hospital building so that the Pfründner could finally move in. At the beginning of the French period (1798), when the buildings were destroyed, they were converted into a civil hospital, which was united with other hospitals in the canton of Pfeddersheim. By decree of 1801 the Hospital Neuhausen regained its independence and its name. Horchheim was chosen as the seat of the foundation, which was chaired by the mayor of Horchheim. Furthermore, the 14 member municipalities on the left bank of the Rhine were defined, whose citizens benefited from the funds and whose envoys formed the Administrative Commission. These were: Beindersheim, Bobenheim, Dirmstein, Hettenheim, Leidelheim (later Hettenleidelheim), Horchheim, Laumersheim, Mörsch, Neuhausen, Neuleinigen, Rheindürkheim, Roxheim, Weinsheim and Wiesoppenheim. In 1855, a revised monastery statute came into force, which was replaced by a new statute in 1948. The former hospital - under the supervision of the hospital commission on the basis of a hospital property consisting of agricultural land in 20 local markings in and around Worms - still exists today as a foundation. As a result of the incorporation into Worms on 01.04.1942, the archival material was added to the city archives in 1943 (cf. tax register of the municipality of Horchheim, Dept. 20 No. 22). On 17.03.2004 the city archive took over the remaining files, which had been kept in the municipality. The inventory was already indexed by a preliminary list (rough drawing). Distortion began in March 2008. The duration, the structure of which corresponds to the registration plan of 1908, ranges from (1614) 1710 to 1972. Particularly worth mentioning are the Horchheimer Flur- und Güterbuch with border description of the district of Horchheim from 1710-1773 (no. 0043) as well as the Schatzungsbuch 1710-1798 (no. 0001); Gerichtsprotokoll über Tausch-, Kauf- und Verkaufsgeschäfte 1769-1791, Vormundschaften 18. (alph.); stock book, renovation protocol 1753; renovation of the Korngülte of the Andreasstift (Perg. Urk. 1614), various renovations and Gülten of the 18th century. With the inhabitant maps are excerpts from the birth, marriage, punishment and death registers, offerings, church exits for the period from 1853 to 1972 (use after arrangement). As an almost complete series, the Mayor's Office invoices and the corresponding documents, in which plans for the construction of the school building, 1827, (No. 793/2), situation plan for the supervision or approval of new buildings on the lower eastward part of the village of Horchheim, 1847 (No. 793/2), are presented, are almost complete (No. 793/2). 322), draft for the construction of the bridge over the Eisbach at the lower mill at Horchheim, 1846 (No. 802/4) as well as cost estimates for the construction of a mortuary, catering and quartering of the troops. The local companies are also important: Pfeiffer

          Stadtarchiv Worms, 243 · Fonds
          Part of City Archive Worms (Archivtektonik)

          Description of holdings: Abt. 243 Gemeindearchiv Dalsheim Scope: 187 archive cartons and 3 linear metres oversized formats (= 1090 units of registration) = 24 linear metres (additional m. N) Duration: 1618 - 1973 Location: cellar of the Ernst-Ludwig-Schule Zum Bestand The first inventory of the municipal archive of approx. 1811 is only incompletely preserved; completely preserved inventories (which obviously refer more to the current registry and do not list many old pieces, although they often show a numbering) date from the years 1831, 1837 and 1843, perhaps in connection with a circular of the government in Mainz concerning the order of the municipal archives of 1830 (No. 177 and 466). In the year 1906 a number of mentioned archival records were used by the War Court Council of Obenauer for the purpose of writing their own family history in the Haus- und Staatsarchiv Darmstadt (No. 52). A letter dated 01.04.1914 refers to the production of the comprehensive index of 1914 (no. 208) by teacher Trieb von Eppelsheim, in which the return of the municipal archive, which was also lent to Darmstadt for this purpose, is announced (no. 946). After the dissolution of the administrative district of Worms (1969), the two communities, which had been merged in the same year under the name "Flörsheim-Dalsheim", held back the respective archives in contrast to the other communities, which handed over their documents to the municipal archive of Worms as a deposit. It was not until 1997, after lengthy negotiations and the conclusion of a deposit contract, that they were handed over to the Worms Municipal Archives, where they first found their place in the cellar of the Adenauerring office building and then in the cellar of the Ernst Ludwig School. Between September 2009 and August 2010, they were gradually brought back to the city archives for indexing and, after processing, returned to the Ernst-Ludwig-Schule. At the same time, the archives of the neighbouring municipality of Nieder-Flörsheim, which were taken over at the same time in 1997, were processed, the indexing of which was also completed in summer 2010 (Dept. 242). During the processing, which followed the usual principles, the material was separated from the beginnings up to 1945 on the one hand (Dept. 243) and from the period from 1945 up to the creation of the association municipality in 1969 on the other hand (Dept. 243-N). The former was arranged according to the existing order according to the 1908 registry plan, the latter according to the 1953 file plan in the Findbuch and listed separately as a sub-collection of Dept. 243-N. The former was not listed in the Findbuch. The condition of the material was good except for two pieces where slight mildew was found (No. 245/2 and No. 602, stored at the end of the collection in its own cardboard archives). There were no cassations. Supplementary archive departments in the city archive: Abt. 242 Gemeindearchiv Nieder-Flörsheim Literature: BRILMAYER, Karl Johann, Rheinhessen in past and present, Gießen 1905 GALLE, Volker, Rheinhessen. Discovery trips in the hilly country between Worms and Bingen, Mainz and Alzey, Cologne 1992 Gauweiler, Wolfgang, 1200 years Dalsheim, Mainz 1966 KOBLER, Matthias, Chronicle of the area of the association community Monsheim, Mainz 1992 Worms, in August 2010 Martin Geyer, archivamtmann

          Stadtarchiv Worms, 159 · Fonds
          Part of City Archive Worms (Archivtektonik)

          Inventory description: Dept. 159 Herrnsheimer Dalberg-Archiv (files, official books) Size: 1943 units of description (= 27 lfm = 201 archive cartons, 2 large cartons, 2 lfm oversized formats - own inventory: 1878 VE, remainder in Heylshof = 64 VE, with sub-VE in total) 2015) Duration: 1445 - 1866 Zur Familie und Herrschaft Dalberg (Note 1) The family of the chamberlains of Worms, later called 'von Dalberg', belonged as an influential family association to the episcopal ministry of Worms. Since 1239 she held the hereditary office of the chamberlain of Worms; this was later associated with economic-financial privileges in Worms, court rights and the Jewish Court in Worms. Since the 14th century, the family has succeeded in expanding various ownership complexes between Niederelsass and Hunsrück, with a focus on Wormsgau. This also includes the expansion of power in the towns of Herrnsheim and Abenheim, which began in the 14th century, through the acquisition of feudal rights and property (2). The dominion complex with Herrnsheim and Abenheim was predominantly surrounded by Electoral Palatinate territory. Around 1460 a castle was erected in Herrnsheim (castle) and a surrounding wall was built around the village; between 1470 and 1492 a chapel of the local parish church of St. Peter was converted into a burial place, which has led to the development of the situation of a small residential town in Herrnsheim, which can still be seen today from the buildings and the townscape. Today's Herrnsheim Castle, owned by the town of Worms since 1958, was built together with the important English landscape garden in two construction phases from 1808 to 1814 and from 1820 to 1824. The dominion of Dalberg is a typical middle imperial knighthood territory. Since the late Middle Ages, the Dalberg dynasty had provided the fiefdoms of the Electorate of Mainz and Palatinate and held important ecclesiastical offices, including the bishop of Worms, Johann von Dalberg (1445-1503). The family split into different lines and branches. Outstanding persons for whom the collection contains material are Carl Theodor von Dalberg (1744-1817, Elector of Mainz, Grand Duke of Frankfurt); Wolfgang Heribert von Dalberg (1750-1806, Minister of State in Mannheim, Director of the National Theatre); Johann Friedrich Hugo von Dalberg (1760-1812, bishop and humanist); Emmerich Joseph Duc de Dalberg (1773-1833, diplomat and politician). In 1883 John Dalberg-Acton sold Herrnsheim Castle with all its interior and the park from his family's estate to Cornelius Wilhelm Heyl (Cornelius Wilhelm Freiherr von Heyl zu Herrnsheim), a leather industrialist from Worms, due to financial shortages (3). Thus also the library stored there and the documents and files of the Herrnsheimer Dalberg Archive of the previous owners were transferred to the buyer. After the death of his father in 1923, D. Dr. jur. Cornelius Freiherr Heyl zu Herrnsheim took over the castle, which he officially moved into in April 1929 (4). In the years of the Second World War the documents were relocated several times for safety reasons and probably suffered incomprehensible, but rather smaller losses (5). Until it was converted into an apartment, the Dalberg Archive was housed in a special archive room locked with an iron door in the castle, then in the library in the tower room on the first floor. When Siegfried Freiherr von Heyl zu Herrnsheim, son of D. Dr. jur. Cornelius Frhr. Heyl zu Herrnsheim, sold the castle to the city of Worms in July 1958 (6), the documents, files and official books of the Dalberg archive kept in boxes and bundles were not part of the sale. However, it was to be left on loan to the town on the basis of an agreement with the community of heirs (in autumn 1959) and an inventory was to be taken before a corresponding contract was concluded (7). This work was done by Carl J. H. Villinger (8), who handed over his summary list with the disaggregation to Dr. Georg Illert on 3.7.1964 (9). The draft of the loan contract was completed to the satisfaction of both parties at the end of 1965, so that there was nothing to prevent it from being concluded the following year. On 19 July 1966, lawyer H. Ramge, in his capacity as joint executor of the will, surprisingly approached the city with the offer that it could purchase the Dalberg Archive and the library holdings of Herrnsheim Palace from the estate of D. Dr. jur. Cornelius Freiherr Heyl zu Herrnsheim (10). With the support of the Landesarchivverwaltung Koblenz, which prepared an expert opinion on the basis of Villinger's list, the value was determined and one year later - in July 1967 - the documents were sold to the city. Thus, the Dalberg Archive, which according to the decree of the Prime Minister of Rhineland-Palatinate of 13.7.1961 had been entered into the state register of nationally valuable archives, could remain in Worms as a closed collection (11). A more detailed inventory should then be made, which was completed before the archive was moved to the city archive for security reasons. Villinger had compiled a detailed list of the contents of the 39 archive boxes, the qualitative condition of which was indicated from good to partly very poor, and of the remaining archive documents (12). On the basis of this list of Villingers, the lack of various documents and files as well as individual letters from correspondence series and gaps in official book series could be ascertained (13). In 1980 Siegfried Freiherr Heyl zu Herrnsheim handed over 14 sealed parchment documents and in 1985 his daughter, Mrs. Cornelia von Bodenhausen, another 72, partly decorative documents from the former possession of the treasurers of Worms Freiherr von Dalberg to the Foundation Kunsthaus Heylshof (14). The documents kept there were examined with the consent of the then Chairman of the Board of Trustees, Frhr. Ludwig von Heyl, as part of the project for the Dalberg Regestensammlung under the auspices of Hess. Staatsarchivs Darmstadt microfilmed in Darmstadt in 1985 and included in the Regestenwerk (15). The further written material lying in the Heylshof such as files, correspondence etc. could be taken into account in the preparation of the present repertory (16). Some files, which were offered at an auction in Heidelberg in 1984, could be bought with the support of the Altertumsverein Worms (17). Also in 1994, with the financial support of the Kulturfonds der Wormser Wirtschaft, the city was able to acquire 23 official and accounting books from private sources, which were added to the collection. With the help of this material, gaps in existing series could be closed again. Among these acquisitions was also the inventory "Verzeichnis der Urkunden, Schriftstücke etc. des Kämmerer-Dalbergarchivs Schloß Herrnsheim...", compiled in 1919 by Heyl's librarian and archivist Wilhelm Graf, in which he [until then] had only recorded the documents (18). For the use and recording of the Dept. 159 This inventory, Dept. 159, comprises the Herrnsheimer Dalberg Archive (files and official books), which, together with the other inventories, Dept. 159-U Herrnsheimer Dalberg Archive (documents) and Dept. 159-P Dalberg Plan Collection, comprises the entire collection of the archive of the chamberlains of Worms Freiherr von Dalberg, formerly kept in the Herrnsheimer Palace. As a complex aristocratic archive within the holdings of the Worms City Archive, it is of supra-regional importance. It reflects the work of a knightly aristocratic family with its lordly function and family ties. After the takeover of the material by the city of Worms in 1967, the directory prepared by C. J. H. Villinger served as a finding aid for years. In the archive, the bundles and official books of No. 1 - No. 428 were numbered consecutively and recorded in a corresponding list. While the documents (No. 1 - No. 323, plus sub-numbers (19)) already registered in 1919 by the Heyl's librarian and archivist Wilhelm Graf in document folders with numbers and title entries were initially easy to use, the files and folders with short titles and box numbers contained in the remaining archive boxes were relatively reliably findable, but only vaguely citable due to missing individual signatures. After in the 1980s the processing of the Dalbergian document holdings in Darmstadt, Worms (Stadtarchiv, Heylshof, Pfarrarchiv Herrnsheim) and in other archives had been implemented under the auspices of the Hessisches Staatsarchiv Darmstadt, a more precise indexing of the files was started as a further project (20). Dr. Jürgen Rainer Wolf of the Hessisches Staatsarchiv Darmstadt processed the documents kept in the other archive boxes of the Worms Dalberg Archive, which were brought to Darmstadt for this purpose. However, only a part of the boxes (21) was opened, and each box was given a number with sub-numbers separated by slashes for the individual pieces contained therein. However, the work did not come to a conclusion. With immediate effect Wolf's finding aid, which also included official book series, had to be used in addition to the directory compiled by Villinger (22). From then on, the use of the holdings was regarded as a particular challenge, especially since there was also a link between the holdings of documents and files. This was because, at the time of the document project, the comprehensive record of documents also included the documents lying dormant in the files, the location of which was then not reliable or only difficult to secure (23). At the beginning of 2011, due to the unsatisfactory usability of the inventory on the one hand and due to the discontinuous and inconsistent depth of distortion on the other hand, the complete new distortion of the file inventory was decided and completed in October 2012. The signatures should not be changed completely, but as many as possible should be preserved and the link with existing old signatures by means of concordance should of course be guaranteed. The titles were recorded directly in the Augias archive program, at the same time the documents were embedded in acid-free archive folders and boxes. "The numbering of the convolutes was retained as signatures and, if necessary, sub-numbers separated by slashes were assigned as soon as the mostly extensive fascicles contained various individual folders. "The official records retained their signatures. "The Wolf's units of description with their signatures (no. 430/1ff - no. 440/1ff) were taken over, sifted through and the existing title recordings were deepened and supplemented on the basis of the newly recorded pieces. "Documents (24) possibly in the files, which were considered in the Dalberger Regesten volumes, were seized with the title admission both over the old signature, and usually with reference to the sequential number in the second volume of the Dalberger Regesten (25). "The further archive boxes not yet taken up by Wolf were continued and listed according to the given pattern, i.e. each further archive box received a new number (No. 442ff (26)) and the individual files, folders etc. preserved therein were provided with sub-numbers, separated by a slash. "The unlisted material found at the end of the inventory was then added with consecutive signatures. "The Dalberg letters purchased on various occasions in the 1970s, mainly letters from Carl Theodor von Dalberg, which had been integrated into the collection at the time, also remained with the new indexing in Dept. 159. " The documents kept at Kunsthaus Heylshof were recorded and selected pieces digitized (27). The digital copies were integrated in the Worms Municipal Archives into the collection of Dept. 159, since the pieces of their provenance can be attributed to the former Herrnsheim Dalberg Archive. In the case of the originals, the signatures of the city archives were noted, while the numbering used in the Heylshof (28) was recorded as an "old signature" in the title recording. This enables targeted access to the originals at Heylshof if required. "Within the scope of the registration work also the files of Dept. 159 N were dissolved (29) and inserted into Dept. 159 (now Dept. 159 No. 852 - No. 884). These are files, correspondence and family papers (mainly on the Petersau donation and the Tascher affair), which obviously also belonged to the Dalberg Archive in the past. These once formed the inventory of Dept. 158 of Dalberg, which must have existed before 1967, about its origin, i.e. (pre-)provenance before transfer into the archive, but no information is available. During the title recording it became apparent that the inventory did not have a coherent structure and that the development of a system would only make sense after completion of the work. The classification was finally drawn up on the basis of the main points of content. The assignment of each individual unit of description to the corresponding classification group then took place in a final work step, after the completion of which a real overview of the contents of the present tradition and its meaning in its entirety could be obtained. Contents The documents that were last kept in the library tower of Herrnsheim Castle before being transferred to the Worms City Archives essentially comprise archival documents relating to the Herrnsheim Dalberg Line. By the marriage (oo 12.1.1771) Wolfgang Heribert von Dalbergs with Elisabetha Augusta nee Ulner von Dieburg (30) as well as by connections of the Dalberger with other families further document and file material was added. The collection of Dept. 159 as part of the Herrnsheimer Dalberg Archive comprises the file and official book tradition, the temporal focus of which clearly lies in the 18th and the first half of the 19th century. The early material (from 1249) is mostly copies of documents. A copy in which a large number of documents were recorded between 1249 and 1469 (31) deserves special mention here. Temporal "runaways" in the 20th century came about through subsequent additions to the holdings. On the one hand, various correspondences and records had been added sporadically at the time of the von Heyl family (32) and on the other hand, in connection with the purchase of Dalberg letters, the corresponding correspondence had been left with the letters (33). The most closed collection within the Dept. 159 is the archive material dating back to Emmerich Joseph von Dalberg (1773-1833). Due to the fact that with him the Herrnsheimer Dalberg line died out in the male tribe, after the death of his father Wolfgang Heribert all administrative matters of the Herrnsheimer line and after the death of his uncle Carl Theodor von Dalberg as his universal heir were incumbent upon him the order and administration of his inheritance including the Regensburg endowment. Furthermore and especially in Dept. 159 there is the diplomatic estate of the Duc de Dalberg with numerous memoirs, correspondence and rich material (targeted collection, own records etc.) on the (foreign) policy of France and other European countries. In addition, its business activities are richly reflected, not least in the activities of the Paravey Bank.

          Stadtarchiv Worms, 040 · Fonds
          Part of City Archive Worms (Archivtektonik)

          Description of holdings: Abt. 40 Gemeindearchiv Herrnsheim (before 1945) Scope: 307 archive cartons 2 lfm Amtsbücher (= 2538 units = 49 lfm) Duration: 1445 - 1945 The preface to the present holdings Abt. 40 - Gemeindearchiv Herrnsheim (bis 1945) - des Stadtarchivs Worms is intended to give a brief insight into the development of the registry and archive material on the one hand at the time of its safekeeping in the Bürgermeistei Herrnsheim, and on the other hand since its takeover by the city of Worms. Subsequently, the indexing work is explained, with reference to special features and supplementary holdings. A short outline of the local history is sent in advance in the wording of the inventory overview of the Stadtar-chiv Worms, literature references to deepen the information on the local history can be found as an appendix to this foreword. I. About the local history about four km northwest of Worms; first mentioned in documents in 771; after the chamberlains of Worms (gen. von Dalberg, knightly family) had further enlarged their property in the village im-mer and extended their rights, they received it in 1375 as a fief (de facto rule in the village, market and court); Philipp Kämmerer von Worms made the village his residence: around 1460 construction of a castle on the site of today's castle, at the same time fortification of the village; 1470-92 reconstruction of a chapel of the parish church St. Peter (with numerous altars, patronage: monastery St. Peter's Abbey); 1470-92 conversion of a chapel of the parish church St. Peter (with numerous altars, patronage: monastery St. Peter's Abbey St. Peter's Abbey St. Peter's Abbey St. Peter's Abbey St. Peter's Abbey St. Peter's Abbey). Cyriakus/Neuhausen) to the family grave (thus situation of a small residence, which is well readable from a structural point of view until today); 1581 introduction of the reformation by Kurpfalz, 1635 extensive cremation of the place, Dalbergische local rule up to the end of the old empire; around 1900 approx. 2100 inhabitants; 1798-1814 French rule, from 1816 Grand Duchy and/or Volksstaat Hessen; 1816 Kanton Pfeddersheim, 1835 Kreis Worms, 1848 Regierungsbezirk Mainz, 1850 Regierungsbezirk Worms, 1852 - 1942 Kreis Worms; incorporation into Worms on 1.4.1942. II. municipal registry and archive In 1826, in accordance with the government decree of 25.7.1826, a register of the collections of laws, ordinances and instructions available in the Herrnsheim archive was compiled. The archive was refurbished in 1830/31 in connection with the construction of the new community centre. New furniture was commissioned and manufactured, including a filing cabinet for the archive and another for the mayor's office. Also the receipt of the Wwe. Ph. Ch. Schöneck from Worms of 20.4.1831 about 12 guilders and 19 cruisers for the repair of 28 steep cartons for the Bürgermeisterei-Archiv in Herrnsheim gives an insight into the file storage in Herrnsheim. On 30 October 1830, a circular was sent to all the provincial mayor's offices concerning the management of the files, concerning the "Order of the Provincial Municipal Archives". It is demanded that the official documents be sorted according to the aforementioned headings, that the files be sorted chronologically according to objects until 1830, then stored in cardboard boxes or cupboards in closed premises. The latter requirements were met - as explained above - in the new furnishing of the community centre. According to the circular, all receipts should be attached and the collection completed by 1 February of each year. On 27 March 1838 Mr. Völcker was commissioned by the district council to revise the municipal registry in Herrnsheim. In accordance with the registration plan for the mayors, he should inspect and arrange the documents on site and only receive his fees if he has completed this work in accordance with the regulations. Obviously this was not the case, because on July 26, 1838 the county council of Staedel assigned Mr. Peth from Bermersheim with the order of the municipal registry in Herrnsheim. A further inventory, which now also includes the files, was created for the community of Herrnsheim - presumably between 1905 and 1910 for valuation for insurance purposes. In the care of the mayor were an archive cabinet, two large file cabinets, a small file cabinet and an old file box. In addition to official and legal gazettes, various ordinances, handbooks and technical literature, 56 fascicles, the value of which could not be determined, are listed for the registry plan groups I - XXVI. In the following, numerous fascicles are listed both with details regarding assignment to the registry plan, duration and evaluation. Particularly noteworthy are e.g. the fair protocol book of 1716, guardianship bills and wills etc. 1699-1821, official and court protocols 1778-1798, fire register 1817, 1835 and 1848 as well as a new one. Also a local building plan (3 sheets), which is no longer available after current distortion, is proven in this inventory, estimated at 200 Marks. It should also be noted that there were several murals in the town hall, the Duke Dalberg, Emperor Wilhelm I, Emperor Wilhelm II and the Empress as well as members of the hess. Grand Duke's family, there were also other pictures, one, the volcanic eruptions showed another, the battlefield around Metz. The files mentioned in this inventory, which the registrar kept, seem to be available except for the volume listed here Birth, marriage and death registers 1780-1798. The next overview of the municipal archive Herrnsheim is provided in 1937 by Prof. Dr. Wilhelm Becker with his compilation of the inventories of the municipal archives of the district Worms. Here Prof. Henkelmann from Bensheim checked the existence of the community Herrnsheim and according to the file groups of the hess. The registry plan of 1908 is summarized. It should be noted that the oldest pieces mentioned here, e.g. the Morgenbuch (1626-1666; Dept. 40 No. 370), the Verordnungsbuch des Franz Heinrich Käm-merer von Worms Frhr. v. Dalberg (from 1742; Dept. 40 No. 1), the instrument of those at Neuhau-sen, about the provision of two Geharnischter at Herrnsheim (1445, no. 5), baker's order of 1736 (copy, dept. 40 no. 371) as well as further pieces already listed above in the inventory at the beginning of the 20th century, e.g. the fair protocol book, official and court records. In October 1914, the decree book of Franz Heinrich Kämmerer v. Dalberg as well as the instrument of those of Neuhausen were made available for use by the Grand Ducal Hessian House and State Archive in Darmstadt on behalf of the former Referendar Müller. Note: It is noticeable that the municipal council minutes are not available as a complete series, the earliest protocol book even only in 1836 begins. It is to be assumed and in comparison to other church archives as unusual to notice that this volume was at all the first protocol volume for Herrnsheim. It was acquired on 3 May 1836 alongside various other registers. According to the inventory (see above) three volumes were available at the beginning of the 20th century (1836/40, 1856/75 and 1875 ff), the pieces were valued at 90 marks. At least for the absence of a ribbon an explanation could be found in the files. The former mayor Brandt refused the publication of the protocol book in 1856. In 1986, the city archives once again attempted to investigate the failure of the municipal council records between 1840 and 1919, but the then head of the town Josef Wolf had to fit as well. There is also a gap in the series of municipal accounts with the corresponding volumes of deeds between 1924 and 1940. For the years after 1940, the accounts as well as the accounts and the corresponding documents of the Geschwister-Zimmer-Siftung for the period between 1921 and 1941/42 are missing. The loss of some files or the one or the other transaction can be explained by the fact that it happened that these were lost during the loan e.g. to the district office in Worms. For this reason, Herrnsheim refused to hand over correspondence with Freiherr Heyl'schen Güterverwaltung concerning the question of space for the fire station of the fire brigade to the Hessian Building Department in Worms. On his cover letter it was noted: did not happen, otherwise the files (like so many before already) would not be findable any more one day. In order to prevent the loss or destruction of files by air raids, Martin Fell and his wife were requested by the local administration on 21.9.1942 to secure important documents every evening and to salvage the files in the event of damage to the town hall caused by air raids. On 29.4.1943, in the course of the incorporation of Herrnsheim, the files were first transferred to the cellar of the Cornelianum in Worms. On the basis of the different file aprons the different used Regist-raturplans can be recognized, first 1836, then 1908 and finally after 1942 (with the inscription 'Stadtverwal-tung Worms'). Some file covers were preserved as samples in abbot 40 no. 2532 - no. 2534). For the fascicles belonging to the classification group XXI.09. Dalbergische Grundstücksangelegenheiten, the file aprons have inscriptions similar to those shown for files in Dept. 159. III. listing The written material taken over in the course of the incorporation 1943 was registered in the 70iger years after the Bär'schen principle, whereby as a rule the titles of the office books and minutes as well as those after the hess. file plans from 1836 or 1908 on the file aprons were taken over traditional inscriptions. This first registration work originally comprised 371 units, whereby the last registered units (from no. 331) were supplemented at later dates and comprised a running time until 1966. On 24 June 1971, the then District Court Director Dr. Heinz Pfannebecker handed over 12 documents to the City Archives, which obviously originated from the provenance of the Herrnsheim Mayor's Office. Most recently, in 2002, title recordings of sources from the still unlisted partial stock were made in connection with Volker Brecher's work on the war economy in Worms. Here, files were taken into account that were thematically related to prisoners of war, foreigners, etc. for the period between 1938 and 1950. In the inventory of Dept. 40, which had already been recorded, a few files exclusively with the term after 1945 were taken into account in the first registration. These were segregated and returned with the still unlisted part of the stock, which also included files after 1945, in order to be processed later in connection with Dept. 6 Municipality of Worms (after 1945). Since individual files may have already been used under their old signature, a list of these pieces can be found in the appendix of this finding aid book, which is currently stored in 29 archive boxes (plus some loose pieces) in the magazine of the Raschi-Haus (Regal 25) together with the total of six linear metres of written material after 1945. With the new indexing of the inventory Abt. 40 - Gemeindearchiv Herrnsheim - was started in December 2005, the indexing work was completed in July 2006. In addition to the written material already listed, unlisted material was also taken into account. The indexing work was carried out according to the Bär principle, whereby a new numbering inevitably resulted with the dissolution of earlier larger indexing units, i.e. new signatures were assigned for these documents. Therefore a concordance between old and new signatures was created and attached to this find book. The entire inventory was entered into the AUGIAS archiving program and simultaneously indexed (company, location, person and subject index). The basis for the classification was the hess. The file plan of 1908 was chosen and modified and supplemented according to local needs. For reasons of data protection, approx. 140 files were provided with blocking notices for use. The relatively high number results from the fact that a large number of civil documents are available for which the Civil Status Act provides guidelines for use or non-use. Thin folders from the period around 1930/40 were collected, which contained Generalia - often only in the size of 2-3 sheets - and had no direct reference to matters in Herrnsheim; in addition, two bundles of calibration maps were sorted out, which have no informative value whatsoever. In total, the scope of the cassation covers three archive boxes. The municipal archive Herrnsheim is kept to the extent of 2538 units of description (numerically up to 2534) in 308 archive boxes (49 linear metres, of which 2 linear metres are official books). The duration ranges from 1445 to the 1970s, with a focus on the 19th century and the first half of the 20th century. Despite incorporation in 1942, the cut for the index was set at 1945 so that two border data did not have to be taken into account within only three years, i.e. 1942 as the year of incorporation on the one hand, 1945 as the border year for the files handed down by the city administration before 1945 (Dept. 5) and after 1945 (Dept. 6) on the other. Therefore, the files were left in Dept. 40, in which at least one document from 1945 was still contained - irrespective of whether the temporal focus of the file tended to concern the period after 1945. IV. State of preservation The state of preservation of the files and official records of the present municipal archives can be described as good by and large. Unfortunately a larger number of pieces affected with mould is to be registered in particular under the calculations and documents, as well as the handbooks and diaries over incomes and expenditures: 45 with light mould infestation, with mould and water damages 7 pieces and 14 volumes are sport and have mould milk damages. Besides, a part of the document books to the calculations as well as a large number of the handbooks and diaries (approx. 140 pieces, i.e. approx. 5.5 es total stock) show beside mould and spores also water damages. Ten official books (invoice receipts and property tax section directories) are bound in such a way that parchment, which as a rule is inscribed with liturgical texts, forms the spine of the book in second use. Also thread-stitched files, as known from Prussian administration, can be found in Dept. 40. These are the official records (Protocollum Judicale, Dept. 40 No. 295 - 298). V. Tips for the use of the inventory The signatures of the individual sources are indicated with : City Archive Worms Dept. 40 No..... The often underestimated significance of the following sources should be pointed out here. In the volumes of documents relating to the invoices, in addition to newspapers (e.g. Dept. 40 No. 2409), there are also work chords (Dept. 40 No. 2469), invoices of various companies (Dept. 40 No. 2502), e.g. on work performed and material used for it (Dept. 40 No. 2504). The correspondence registers (e.g. Dept. 40 No. 651, No. 652) were also kept in full text in some years, so that the complete correspondence between the higher authority or private persons on the one hand and the mayor's office on the other hand can be traced in connection with the corresponding fact files. The significance of the inventory of estates as a source genre for genealogical, social and economic research should be pointed out in particular. The inventories are in the present stock under the classification group X.02.e. Inheritances and guardianship matters registered. There are also files on asset sharing and wills. For ease of use, the units of description have been sorted roughly alphabetically by surname, with all occurring surnames "underlined" at the same time. With regard to the index of persons, it should be noted that in very few exceptional cases the correct alphabetical order was broken. If the usual spelling of a common name was extremely changed, the allocation was made within the normal one, e.g. 'Pardong' instead of 'Bardong', here the classification took place under 'B'. If family names were used with equal weight in different spellings and their proximity was recognizable within the alphabet, no standardization or assignment was made, e.g. Ertelmeyer/Erdelmeyer. The company index was created so that smaller businesses in the municipality, which normally only run under the personal name (e.g. J. Hübner, Buchdruckerei), could also be recorded. It would be very difficult to find small companies within the index. Now the list can be flown over within the company index - also in case of classification (depending on how the transaction is usually called) partly under the first name, partly under the last name or under the business object. The prefix "Fa." was omitted because it was not used regularly [possibly also at different times] even by one and the same company. That's why it's uncertain to what extent he's really part of the name. Apo counters and restaurants mentioned by name were also included in this index. General designations such as locksmith's shop and glazier's shop have been added to the index. VI. supplementary archive holdings Dept. 13 No. 1777 'Gewerbebetriebe zu Herrnsheim' (1860-1888) Dept. 30 Hess. Kreisamt Worms (e.g. files in the area of trade supervision, admission to the Hessian state association) Abt. 49 Gemeindearchiv Pfeddersheim (Herrnsheim as a municipality belonging to the canton of Pfeddersheim) Abt. 159 Herrnsheimer Dalbergarchiv Hess. State Archive Darmstadt: Family Archive of Dalberg (Dept. O 1 A-B) VII Literature BARDONG, Otto, Harlesheim - Herlisheim - Herrnsheim. Contributions to local and parish history, in: Herrns-heim 771-1971, edited by Otto Bardong, Worms 1971, pp. 43-104. BÖNNEN, Gerold (edited on behalf of the city of Worms), Geschichte der Stadt Worms, Stuttgart 2005. WOLF, Jürgen Rainer/SPENGLER, Hugo (Bearb.), Family Archive v. Dalberg (Dept. O 1 A-B) 1424-1846 (= Repertories of the Hessian State Archive Darmstadt 22/1), Darmstadt 1985. Herrnsheim. Portrait of a community, edited on the occasion of the 1225th anniversary in 1996 by the local community of Worms-Herrnsheim.

          Landesarchiv Baden-Württemberg, Abt. Hauptstaatsarchiv Stuttgart, Q 1/7 · Fonds · (1626-) 1804, 1822-1917, 1993
          Part of Landesarchiv Baden-Württemberg, Dept. Main State Archives Stuttgart (Archivtektonik)

          I. The history of the von Linden family: The von Linden family originally comes from the diocese of Liège. The progenitor is a certain Adam van Linter, who is mentioned in documents 1604-1615 and who was the owner of the estate in Hoeppertingen (Belgian Limburg). His son Peter, who probably emigrated to Franconia because of the political and religious unrest in the home country of the Linter family, acquired a farm in Habitzheim (Odenwald) around 1650. In Kurmainz some members of the Catholic von Linden family were promoted to high offices: Franz von Linden (1712-1789) was a member of the Court Chamber Council and head cellar of the Camera Administration in the Vice-Chamber Office of Aschaffenburg, Johann Heinrich Freiherr von Linden (1719-1795) was a Privy Councillor and Director of the Court Chamber of the Electorate of Mainz. Franz Damian Freiherr von Linden (1745-1817), a grandson of Johann Heinrich Freiherr von Linden, was privy councillor and later director of the state government of the prince primate in Aschaffenburg. His second eldest son Franz Joseph Ignaz was Württemberg's Privy Legation Councillor and lord of Nordstetten, Isenburg and Taberwasen. Another grandson of Johann Heinrich Freiherr von Linden, the jurist Franz Freiherr von Linden (1760-1836), held the position of Reich Chamber Court Assessor from 1796 to 1806. After the dissolution of the Imperial Chamber Court, Franz Freiherr von Linden entered the service of the Kingdom of Württemberg. King Friedrich I of Württemberg appointed him president of the newly founded Catholic Church Council in 1807. In 1815 Franz Freiherr von Linden was appointed Württemberg Plenipotentiary at the Congress of Vienna, then Württemberg Ambassador to the Bundestag in Frankfurt. 1817-1831 he was president of the Schwarzwaldkreis (Black Forest District) and Franz Freiherr von Linden was the progenitor of the VII lines (the lines are counted according to the number of lines): Genealogical handbook of the nobility vol. 68 of the complete series. Freiherrliche Häuser Vol. VII, Limburg/Lahn 1978, p. 196-215; Genealogisches Handbuch des Adels Vol. 109 der Gesamtreihe, Freiherrliche Häuser Vol. XVIII, Limburg/Lahn 1995, p. 356-376; Genealogisches Handbuch des Adels: Der in Bayern immatrikulierte Adel Vol. XXIII, Neustadt/Aisch 2000, p. 351-365.) of the House of Linden: From his seven sons mentioned in the following these VII lines of the house come: From Edmund (1798-1865) the I. (count's) line (Burgberg), from Franz a Paula (1800-1888) the II. (count's) line (Burgberg). (Count's) line, from Carl (1801-1870) the III. line (Hausen) with the 1st branch (in the USA) and the 2nd branch (Hausen), from Joseph (1804-1895) the IV. line (Hausen) with the 1st branch (in the USA) and the 2nd branch (Hausen), from Joseph (1804-1895) the IV. line (Hausen) with the 1st branch (in the USA) and the 2nd branch (Hausen). line (Neunthausen), by Ernst (1806-1885) the V. line (Bühl), by Ludwig (1808-1889) the VI. line (Bühl). In 1844 Edmund Freiherr von Linden (1798-1865) and his cousin Heinrich Freiherr von Linden (1784-1866), the eldest son of the aforementioned Damian Franz Freiherr von Linden, were raised to the rank of papal counts. In 1846, the Grand Duke of Hesse-Darmstadt recognized Heinrich's raising of rank, and in the same year Edmund Graf von Linden received Württemberg's recognition of the raising of rank. In the year 1850 the papal earldom was also founded on Franz a Paula and II. Line extended. The elevation to the Württemberg rank of counts took place in 1852, with the exception of the III. line (Hausen), all of the VII lines in the Württemberg male tribe were extinguished. The III. line divides into a 1. branch, whose members live in the USA, and into the 2. branch (Hausen). TWO. Biographical outlines of Hugo and Joseph Freiherr von Linden: Hugo Freiherr von Linden (1854-1936):The 2nd branch (Hausen) of the III. line is also the origin of the ministerial director Hugo Freiherr von Linden. He was born on 1 February 1854 in Ludwigsburg as the son of Carl Freiherr von Linden (1801-1870) and his second wife Mathilde Freifrau von Linden née Countess Leutrum von Ertingen (1815-1892). Hugo Freiherr von Linden studied law at the universities of Tübingen, Strasbourg and Berlin after graduating from high school in 1872. In 1877 he passed the state examination. After working at various courts in Württemberg, he became Secret Legation Secretary in the Württemberg Ministry for Foreign Affairs in 1883. In the same year he was appointed the King's chambermaid, which involved honorary services at social events of the court. In 1906 Hugo Freiherr von Linden was promoted to Ministerial Director and Head of the Political Department of the Ministry in the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, and in 1900 Hugo Freiherr von Linden worked out the marriage contract between Duke Robert von Württemberg and Archduchess Maria Immaculata Raineria from Austria (cf. Hugo Freiherr von Linden married Elisabeth Schenk Freiin von Stauffenberg (1864-1939) in 1893, the daughter of the Vice President of the German Reichstag, Franz August Schenk von Stauffenberg. He is the progenitor of the 2nd branch (Hausen) of the III. line (Hausen).Joseph Freiherr von Linden (1804-1895):Joseph Freiherr von Linden comes from the IV. line (Hausen). Line (Nine houses). He was born on 7 June 1804 in Wetzlar as the son of the already mentioned Reichskammergerichtsassessor Franz Freiherr von Linden (1760-1836) and his second wife Maria Anna von Linden née Freiin von Bentzel zu Sternau (1769-1805). Joseph Freiherr von Linden spent his childhood and youth in Württemberg, u. a. in Kirchheim, where he became lifelong friends with the son of Ludwig Herzog von Württemberg (1756-1817) and Henriette Herzogin von Württemberg née Prinzessin von Nassau-Weilburg (1780-1857), Alexander Herzog von Württemberg (1804-1885). After studying law in Tübingen, Joseph Freiherr von Linden and his older brother Carl stayed in France from 1825 to 1827 in order to improve his knowledge of the French language and literature (cf. order numbers 3 and 4), after which he worked as a judge in various Württemberg cities. 1839-1848 Joseph Freiherr von Linden represented the knighthood of the Danube district in the Second Chamber. From 1842-1850 he was - like his father before him - President of the Catholic Church Council. 1848 was the revolutionary year in which Linden was appointed Minister of the Interior of Württemberg, but had to be dismissed on the same day due to the protests of the population. 1 July 1850 King Wilhelm I appointed Linden Minister of the Interior again and handed him over the office of Minister of the Interior of Württemberg in the years 1850 to 1851 and 1854 to 1855. During this time von Linden stood up for the restoration of the old constitution, which earned him the accusation in liberal circles that he was reactionary. Linden's achievements in the economic field should not be underestimated: He promoted the founding of the Stuttgart stock exchange, created a new trade code and encouraged the founding of the Weinsberg wine growing school. In the field of church politics, von Linden contributed significantly to the balance between the Kingdom of Württemberg and the Catholic Church. After the death of King Wilhelm I, his son and successor King Karl dismissed von Linden as minister on 20 September 1864. In the following years, Joseph Freiherr von Linden worked as a diplomat for Württemberg. In 1865 he became Württemberg envoy in Frankfurt and at the Hessian courts, 1868 envoy at the customs parliament in Berlin, and in 1870 during the Franco-Prussian War he was appointed prefect of the Marne département occupied by the Germans (cf. order numbers 32 and 34, order numbers 15 and 16). 1830 Joseph Freiherr von Linden married Emma Freiin von Koenig-Warthausen (1810-1893). The marriage produced four children: Richard (1831-1887), who was cavalry captain of the Württemberg military (see order numbers 34 and 41, order numbers 15 and 49), Franziska (1833-1919), who married Dr. Fridolin Schinzinger (1827-1865) in 1859 (order numbers 25, 35 and 36, order numbers 11, 13 and 14), Elise (1836-1914) and Josephine (1838-1881), both of whom remained single.Of the other outstanding members of the von Linden family, for whom there is only little material in this collection (order number 42, order number 8), Karl Graf von Linden (1838-1910), the founder of the Völkerkundemuseum (Lindenmuseum) in Stuttgart, named after him, and Marie Gräfin von Linden (1869-1936), who was the first woman to study at the University of Tübingen and who was later appointed Professor of Parasitology at the University of Bonn, should be mentioned briefly. III. history, content and structure of the collection: The present holdings combine documents from the estate of Joseph Freiherr von Linden, which were handed over to the Hauptstaatsarchiv in 1962 by Mr. Regierungsoberinspektor Reginald Mutter (cf. the title in the old repertory for holdings Q 1/7), a great-great grandson of Joseph Freiherr von Linden. One year later, the Main State Archives purchased these archival records, which were initially incorporated into the former holdings J 50 (Smaller Estates). Robert Uhland produced a typewritten finding aid in 1963. When the Q holdings were created in 1972, the holdings designated as the estate of Linden were removed from the J 50 holdings and assigned to the newly created Q 1 series (political estates), where they received the signature Q 1/7. The small estate consisted only of a tuft, which contained several documents, which were listed in the above-mentioned find book. In the 90's the stock Q 1/7 got increases by taxes from private side: In 1990, Mrs. E. Niethammer, Kirchheim/Teck, handed over documents from the estate of the Protestant pastor family Dierlamm to the Main State Archives as a gift, which were initially incorporated into the holdings Q 1/7 as Büschel 2. These are the documents now listed under heading 2 of this inventory (order numbers 37 to 41). These include business cards and letters from Joseph Freiherr and Emma Freifrau von Linden to Pfarrer Dierlamm (serial number 37, order number 45), tickets from Sara Schinzinger to Pfarrer Dierlamm (serial number 40, order number 47) and several sermons on corpses for members of the House of Linden (serial number 41, order number 49). Among them are documents from the estate of his grandfather Hugo Freiherr von Linden (serial numbers 7-23) and pictures, especially of members of the House of Württemberg (section 3.2, serial numbers 43-48). In addition, Franz-Karl Freiherr von Linden has handed over to the Main State Archives an extensive collection of material compiled by him on the family history of Linden, including photocopies of literature and copies or photocopies of archival records of the von Linden family. Finally, Franz-Karl Freiherr von Linden transferred newspaper articles written by him about the formation of the island Surtsey off the coast of Iceland to the Main State Archives in 1993, which were initially classified as tufts 5 in the Q 1/7 inventory. The diaries 1870-1935 of his grandfather Hugo Freiherr von Linden, which were handed over by Franz-Karl Freiherr von Linden in 1992 as a deposit under retention of title to the Main State Archives, were returned to the owner in 1995. (Cf. Tgb.-Nr. 4143/1993 and Tgb.-Nr. 2918/1995) In the course of the indexing the stock received further growth from the stock J 53 (family papers of Württemberg civil servants). The excerpts from family registers concerning Julius Graf von Linden and Loring Graf von Linden (serial numbers 5 and 6, order numbers 50 and 19) and documents on the sale of the manor Nordstetten to the forester of Fischer-Weikersthal (serial number 1, order number 17) kept under the signature J 53/10 were also classified in the present inventory. As already mentioned several times above, today's holdings Q 1/7 include not only the estate of the Württemberg Minister of State Joseph Freiherr von Linden but also several other estates of members of the House of Linden and collections or documents on the family history of Linden. For this reason, the previous inventory name "Nachlass Joseph Freiherr von Linden" was extended to "Familienunterlagen von Linden". In view of the small size of the holdings and the incompleteness of the holdings, it is not possible to speak of a family archive, however, since materials on various members and lines of the von Linden family are completely or almost completely lacking: no original archival records on the members of the von Linden family who were in the service of the Electorate of Mainz, the Prince Primate and the Grand Duke of Hesse are to be expected (v. a. Johann Heinrich von Linden, Damian Franz Freiherr von Linden, Heinrich Graf von Linden). there are also only a few archival records of the lines dating back to the sons of Franz Freiherr von Linden: From the I. (Counts) and II. (count's) lines, there are no original documents, with the exception of extracts from the family registers of Julius and Loring Graf von Linden (order numbers 5 and 6, order numbers 19 and 50). Also missing are documents of the V. line (Bühl), the VI. (Swiss) line and the VII. line. Smaller estates are only available from the III. line (Hausen) and the IV. line (Hausen). line (Neunthausen), but the documents from the estates of Ministerial Director Hugo Freiherr von Linden and Minister of State Joseph Linden are only fractions of the original estates. It can be assumed that the family still owns some of the material mentioned above and of other members of the von Linden family, but unfortunately parts of the archival records of the von Linden family were also destroyed in the fire at the Burgberg and Hausen palaces during the Second World War.In addition to the personal documents on individual members of the family, the present collection also lacks documents on economic and property management, documents and invoices, which are to be expected in a nobility archive. The structure of the collection is based on the division of the widely ramified von Linden noble family into the various lines, as it is listed in the Genealogical Handbook of the Nobility. Within the individual lines, the bequests and holdings of the family members were arranged according to date of birth, so that the older family members were listed before the younger ones. The bequests of Franz Joseph Ignaz Freiherr von Linden (section 1.1) and Franz Freiherr von Linden (section 1.2) are at the beginning of the holdings. The latter estate includes a legal opinion on the effect of the Reich's decision of 27 April 1803 on the judicial proceedings of the chamber of justice, two letters from Franz von Linden to Minister of Justice Maucler on the progress made in the training of the sons Carl and Joseph von Linden, and the correspondence between Carl and Joseph von Linden during their stay in France with their parents, some of which was written in French.The estate of the Ministerial Director Hugo Freiherr von Linden comprises several printed programmes and invitations to cultural and official events, mainly in Stuttgart (section 1.5.1), and letters from members of the Princely House Wied to Hugo Freiherr von Linden as well as a memorandum from Wilhelm I. Prince of Albania Prince to Wied (section 1.5.2). Section 1.6 forms the estate of the Württemberg Minister of State Joseph Freiherr von Linden. It is the second largest estate in the stock Q 1/7. The estate is divided into the categories: Family and personal affairs (1.6.1) with documents on weddings, wedding jubilees and a travel description, correspondence (1.6.2) with letters from members of the House of Württemberg (above all Alexander Duke of Württemberg) to Joseph Freiherr von Linden and isolated letters from family members, activity as prefect of the Marne Department (1.6.).3) and printed matter about Joseph Freiherr von Linden (1.6.4): the wife of Joseph Freiherr von Linden, Emma Freifrau von Linden, and the daughter of the Minister of State, Franziska Freiin von Linden, only have very small estates (headings 1.7 and 1.8); the materials from the estate of the Protestant parish family Dierlamm were left as an independent complex (heading 2). The content of the section has already been discussed above, and under section 3 you will find collections, mainly on the family history of Linden: The first section is section 3.1 with the already mentioned extensive collection of material on the family history of Linden, which Franz-Karl Freiherr von Linden compiled and handed over to the house as photocopies. Section 3.2 contains photos of members of the House of Württemberg, of Joseph Freiherr von Linden and of other personalities in Württemberg history; sections 3.3 and 3.4 contain newspaper articles by Franz-Karl Freiherr von Linden and a lock of hair by Joseph Freiherr von Linden.Further archives on Joseph Freiherr von Linden are kept by the Hauptstaatsarchiv in fonds J 1 (collection of historical manuscripts) no. 256 b: Joseph Freiherr von Linden: "Aus meiner politische Karrierebahn" 1830-1862, part 2 of the memoirs dictated by Linden to his granddaughter Sara Schinzinger around 1890. The copy kept in J 1 is a copy for which Professor Schinzinger from Hohenheim, a grandson of the Minister of State von Linden, lent the original to the archive in 1925. Günther-Otto Maus in Baesweiler, a direct descendant of Joseph Freiherr von Linden, was filmed in 1977 and is now kept in the Main State Archives under the signature F 554 in fonds J 383 (microfilms and manuscripts in foreign archives, libraries). In January 2015, Günther-Otto Maus purchased the original diary from Günther-Otto Maus and it is now part of the collection under the signature Q 1/7 Bü 51. An index of the archive of the Barons of Linden in Neunthausen, which was compiled in 1892/1893, is part of the collection J 424 (Inventories of Non-State Archives: Caretakers' Photographs).In addition, reference is briefly made to the E stocks (ministerial stocks), in which extensive material on the work of State Minister Joseph Freiherr von Linden and Ministerial Director Hugo Freiherr von Linden is kept, and Q 1/7 can be used for various research purposes: First of all, of course, the history of the von Linden family, the history of nobility, mentality, social and cultural history, and finally the history of the German occupation of France during the war of 1870/1871. The Q 1/7 holdings were catalogued in 2001 by the archive inspectors Alexander Morlok, Matthias Schönthaler and Jens Ulrich under the supervision of the undersigned. The final editing, input and classification of the title recordings, the introduction as well as the compilation of the overall index were the responsibility of the undersigned. 0.5 linear metres of the stock was held. Literature about the von Linden family and individual family members:: Genealogisches Handbuch des Adels: Adelslexikon Vol. VII. 1989. p. 394f.Genealogisches Handbuch des Adels: Vol. 68. Freiherrliche Häuser Vol. VII (1978) p. 196-215 and Vol. XVIII (1995) p. 356-376.Genealogisches Handbuch des Adels: Der in Bayern immatrikulierten Vol. XXIII. 2000. 351-365.Junginger, Gabriele: Countess Maria von Linden. Memories of the first Tübingen student. 1991.Koenig-Warthausen, Wilhelm Freiherr von: Josef Freiherr von Linden. Württemberg Minister of the Interior 1804-1895 In: Lebensbilder aus Schwaben und Franken IX S. 218-276.Linden, Franz-Karl Freiherr von: Grandfather's diaries. [Article about Hugo Freiherr von Linden (1854-1936)]. In: Schönes Schwaben 1993 Issue 1 S. 78-83 Menges, Franz: Joseph Freiherr von Linden. In: Neue Deutsche Biographie (NDB) Vol. 14 S. 589-590Moegle-Hofacker, Franz:; On the Development of Parliamentarism in Württemberg. The "Parliamentarism of the Crown" under King Wilhelm I. 1981.Schneider, Eugen: Joseph Freiherr von Linden. In: Allgemeine Deutsche Biographie (ADB) Vol. 51 S. 719-721 Stöckhardt, E.: Joseph Freiherr von Linden. Royal Württemberg Minister of State (retired) Member of the Württemberg Chamber of Lords of State for Life. In: Deutsche Adels-Chronik Heft 15 S. 187-190 und Heft 16 S. 215, 216 und 226, 227th Württembergischer Verein für Handelsgeographie, Museum für Länder- und Völkerkunde, Lindenmuseum Stuttgart (publisher): Celebration of the 50th anniversary of the association. Celebration of the 100th birthday of Count Karl von Linden. 1939.

          Geheimes Staatsarchiv Preußischer Kulturbesitz, I. HA Rep. 114 · Fonds
          Part of Secret State Archive of Prussian Cultural Heritage (Archivtektonik)

          1 History of the authorities In the course of the wars of liberation, the Wroclaw Convention of 19 March 1813 formed a Board of Directors consisting of two German and two Russian members. This committee was headed by the baron from and to the stone, who is in Russian service. He was to take over the administration of the areas to be conquered in northern Germany, but his activities were effectively limited to Mecklenburg, Saxony and for a short time to some small Thuringian states. Since the Allied Powers had defined the tasks only without obligation and hardly supported his activities, he was unable to meet the expectations placed in him. For this reason, renewed negotiations took place between the Allies, which resulted in a new agreement. On 21.10.1813 the Leipzig Convention was concluded by the allied powers Austria, Russia, Prussia, Great Britain and Sweden. This agreement created the Central Administrative Department and dissolved the Central Administrative Council. Stein was again appointed head of the Central Department. The headquarters of the administration was located at the headquarters of the Allied Powers, first in Frankfurt am Main and later in Paris. The Central Administrative Department was responsible for the administration of the Kingdom of Saxony and the territories of the conquered Napoleonic satellite states (Kingdom of Westphalia, Grand Duchy of Berg, Grand Duchy of Frankfurt). Other Rhine Confederation states remained outside the authority's sphere of influence, as the princes concerned moved to the Allied camp in good time. The main tasks of the Central Administrative Department included: - Ensuring the supply of the troops of the Allied Powers in the administered territories - Contributions to the war costs of the Allied Powers through cash payments and supplies from the administered territories - Implementation of the national armament and installation of the land storm - Supervision of the national administration by the authorities of the administered territories during the transitional period. To carry out these tasks at regional level, several Generalgouvernements have been set up in the administered areas. The Generalgouvernements were subordinate to the Central Administrative Department and bound by Stein's instructions. To support the governors-general, councils were set up in the individual provinces to which nationals of the areas concerned, as well as some non-national civil servants, belonged. Existing administrations and authorities were largely used to carry out the administrative tasks. The following Generalgouvernements were formed: - Generalgouvernement Sachsen o Headquarters: Dresden o Governor General: initially Nikolai Grigorjewitsch Repnin-Wolkonski (1778-1845), Russian General - Generalgouvernement Berg o Headquarters: Düsseldorf o Governor General: first Justus von Gruner (1770-1820), then Prince Alexander von Solms-Lich - Generalgouvernement Frankfurt o Administrative seat: Frankfurt/Main - Generalgouvernement between Weser and Rhine o Administrative seat: Münster o Governor General: Ludwig von Vincke (1774-1844) - Generalgouvernement Mittelrhein (from 1814) o Administrative seat: Trier (later Koblenz, respectively. Mainz) o Governor General: Justus von Gruner - Generalgouvernement Niederrhein (from 1814) o Headquarters: Aachen o Governor General: Johann August Sack (1764-1831). In a position as head of the Central Department, Stein tried to work towards the political transformation of Germany. A number of draft constitutions and correspondence on various constitutional and constitutional issues bear witness to these efforts, which, however, did not lead to any tangible results due to the Allies' incipient restoration policy. After the conclusion of the First Paris Peace on 30.05.1814 the tasks of the Central Administrative Department were fulfilled and its dissolution followed. The managed areas have been handed over to the civilian administrative authorities. As late as 1814, one of Stein's closest associates, Johann Albrecht Friedrich von Eichhorn, wrote a publication that can be regarded as an account of the activities of the Central Administrative Department. 2 History of the holdings Unfortunately it is not possible to provide more detailed information on the history of the holdings, e.g. the time when the documents were taken over by the Secret State Archives of the PK. The original find book was recorded and compiled by the archivist Robert Arnold, who worked in the Secret State Archives from 1884-1891 and 1901-1910. After the Second World War, the holdings returned to the German Central Archive in Merseburg as a result of outsourcing and German division and, after reunification, to the Secret State Archive PK. The holdings search book was retroconverted in 2011 and 2012 by the archive employee Guido Behnke. The classification has been recreated. In addition, the existing file titles were reviewed and revised. In some cases, individual files had to be redrawn. As part of the distortion, the inventory was re-signed (conversion of the signature schema to Numerus currens). In order to make it easier to use the old signatures, which are no longer in use, a concordance was added to the search book. 3 References to other holdings and literature references 3.1 Holdings in the Secret State Archive PK 3.1.1 Generalgouvernement Sachsen - GStA PK, I. HA, Rep. 172 Allied or Prussian Gouvernement for the Kingdom or Duchy of Saxony 3.1.2 Estates of Stein and his employees in the Central Department - GStA PK, VI. HA, Nl Squirrel - GStA PK, VI. HA, Nl Gruner I (M) - GStA PK, VI. HA, Nl Gruner - GStA PK, VI. HA, Nl Johann August Sack - GStA PK, VI. HA, Nl Karl vom Stein 3.2 Collections in other archives - Archive Schloss Cappenberg, Cap.C.I, Freiherr vom Stein's estate (cf. Der Freiherrn vom Stein im Archiv des Grafen von Kanitz auf Schloss Cappenberg / ed. by Norbert Reimann, edited by Annekatrin Schaller and Norbert Reimann. - 2 volumes. - Münster, 2009 - 1324 p.) 3.3 Literature (selection) - Botzenhart, Erich; Hubatsch, Walther (ed.): Freiherr vom Stein - Briefe und amtliche Schriften, Vol. 4: Preußens Erhebung - Stein als Chef der Zentralverwaltung - Napoleons Sturz (January 1813 - June 1814), Stuttgart 1963, 893 p. - Botzenhart, Erich; Hubatsch, Walther (ed.): Freiherr vom Stein - Briefe und amtliche Schriften, Vol. 5: Der Wiener Kongress - Rücktritt ins Privatleben - Stein und die ständischen Strstreben des westfälischen Adels (June 1814 - December 1818), Stuttgart 1964, 895 pp. - [Eichhorn, Johann Albrecht Friedrich:] The Central Administration of the Allies under the Baron of Stein, Berlin 1814, 140 p. - Hubatsch, Walther: The Stein-Hardenberg Reforms, Darmstadt 1977, 242 p. - Huber, Ernst Rudolf: German Constitutional History since 1789, Vol. 1, Stuttgart 1957, pp. 499-510 - Just, Wilhelm: Administration and Armament in Western Germany after the Battle of Leipzig in 1813 and 1814, Göttingen 1911, 118 pp. - Kielmansegg, Peter Earl of: Stein and the Central Administration 1813/14, Stuttgart 1964, 203 p. - Neigebaur, Johann Daniel Ferdinand: Presentation of the Provisional Administrations on the Rhine from 1813 to 1819, Cologne 1821, 345 p. - Vollheim, Fritz: The provisional administration on the Lower and Middle Rhine during the years 1814 - 1816, Bonn 1912, 256 p. - Wetzel, Paul: The Genesis of the Central Administrative Board appointed on 4 April 1813 and its effectiveness until the autumn of this year, Greifswald 1907, 110 p. 4 Notes, order signature and method of citation Scope of holdings: 149 SU (2.0 running metres) Duration: 1812 - 1815 Last issued signature: The files must be ordered: I. HA, Rep. 114, No. () The files are to be quoted: GStA PK, I. HA, Rep. 114 Central Administrative Council of the Allied Powers, No. () Berlin, December 2012 (Guido Behnke) finding aids: database; finding guide, 1 vol.

          Stadtarchiv Mainz, AS · Collection · 1499-2005
          Part of City Archive Mainz (Archivtektonik)

          Over 850 letters from important personalities in politics, art and literature, including Georg Forster, Napoléon I. Bonaparte, Thomas Mann, Anna Seghers, Richard Wagner and Carl Zuckmayer The reorganization of the letter collection by Janet Nett was completed in September 1978. In contrast to the old order, in which there were often up to 80 letters in an envelope under one number, the new order included each letter individually, assigned a number and placed it in an envelope. Letters that clearly came from the archive's estates were returned to them (Vogt, Kindlinger, Rheinisch Naturforschende Gesellschaft). This reduced the original number of letters by about half, from about 1400 to 700 September 1978, net.