United Kingdom

Elements area

Taxonomy

Code

Scope note(s)

    Source note(s)

    Display note(s)

      Hierarchical terms

      United Kingdom

      Equivalent terms

      United Kingdom

      • UF U.K.
      • UF GBR
      • UF GB
      • UF Großbritannien
      • UF UK
      • UF Vereinigtes Königreich Großbritannien und Nordirland
      • UF Untitled
      • UF United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
      • UF Royaume Uni
      • UF Royaume-Uni de Grande-Bretagne et d’Irlande du Nord
      • UF Untitled

      Associated terms

      United Kingdom

        137 Archival description results for United Kingdom

        94 results directly related Exclude narrower terms
        FA 1 / 72 · File · 1885 - 1902
        Part of Cameroon National Archives

        'Mutation des Soldats Haoussa du Togo à Yaoundé afin d'y établir un contact avec les caravanes de marchands Haoussa de l'Adamaoua et leur redirection vers la côte du Protectorat du Cameroun. - Arrêté du Ministère des Affaires étrangères

        Gouvernement von Kamerun
        FA 1 / 125 · File · 1903 - 1905
        Part of Cameroon National Archives

        Kusseri. - Establishment of the Residentur in the old Rabeh Palace by Governor von Puttkamer, 3 Nov. 1903 [fol. 1 - 10] Kusseri. - Appointment of Lieutenant Stieber as provisional Resident, 2 Nov. 1903 [fol. 10 - 18] Reports of the departments of the general administration. - Kusseri November 1903 - January 1904, 1903 - 1904 [fol. 21 - 56] Kusseri. - Budget 1904/05 (draft), 1903 [fol. 34] Regional border affairs. - Kusseri [fol. 39 - 71] Musgum expedition from 8 February to 20 March 1904 (Lieutenant Stieber), 1904 [fol. 57 - 161] River navigation. - Exploration of a water connection between Chari and Benue, 1903 [fol. 58 - 59] Europeans. - Distribution of the European members of the Schutztruppe for Cameroon. - Lists, some with names. - Dikoa, 11 June 1904 [fol. 67] Boundaries with the British possessions. - Boundary relations with British-Bornu, 1902 - 1906 [fol. 69 - 72] Boundaries with the British possessions. - Protests and enquiries about English border incursions against Bornu, 1902 - 1904, 1907 [fol. 73 - 77] Reports of the departments of the general administration. - Kusseri March-December 1904 [fol. 83 - 178] Kusseri. - Appointment of Captain Langheld as Resident. - Proposal of the command of the Schutztruppe for Cameroon, 29 August 1904 [fol. 94 - 95] External relations. - French Central Africa, 1904 [fol. 96 - 114] Borders with the French possessions. - Franco-German border agreement of 15 March 1894. Note to Great Britain on the validity, 1904 [fol. 121 - 125] Schutztruppe für Kamerun. - 1st Company. - Use of the company stationed in Garua as an expeditionary company and its further deployment. - Order by Governor von Puttkamer, 20 November 1903 [fol. 128] Assassination of the Deputy Resident in Garua, Captain Thierry, on 16 September 1904 near Mubi. - Initiation of immediate measures by the Kusseri Residency. - Report by Lieutenant Stieber, 6 October 1904 [fol. 180] Conditions in the district and the tasks to be performed by the governorate in the near future. - Secret memorandum by District Officer Steinhausen and Deputy Surgeon Hösemann, (signature uncertain), 16 Nov. 1903, 29 Dec. 1903

        Gouvernement von Kamerun
        BArch, RL 36 · Fonds · 1934-1945
        Part of Federal Archives (Archivtektonik)

        History of the Inventor: The Technical Office, established in 1933, set up testing facilities for weapons and equipment at various locations that existed until 1945. Inventory description: KOMMANDO DER ERPROBUNGSSTELLEN According to the provisions of the Versailles Treaty of 1919, the German Reich was prohibited from developing and constructing aircraft for military purposes. Nevertheless, as early as 1920, the Reichswehr Ministry (RWM) set up units with the task of carrying out preparatory work for the creation of development and testing sites for an air force. For example, a "Air Defence" (TA) unit was set up in the Truppenamt (TA) and an aeronautical unit in the Inspektion für Waffen und Gerät (IWG). After the merger of the IWG with the Waffenamt (Wa.A) of the RWM at the beginning of 1927, the aeronautical department became the department 6 F of the testing group (Wa.Prw. 6 F). He was in charge of the development departments disguised as civil engineering offices as well as the test groups in Johannisthal and Rechlin. The testing thus fell within the competence of the testing department of the Weapons Office. At the end of November 1928, the procurement department was also taken over by the Wa.L.Prw. Group. At the end of July 1939, in order to better meet the growing requirements, the Aviation Group in the Weapons Office (Wa.L) was divided into three groups: "Development of aircraft (Wa.L. I)", "Development of equipment" (Wa.L. II) and "Testing" (Wa.L. III). There was also a group on "Procurement" and a group on "Defense Economics and Armaments". On February 8, 1933, on the orders of Reichswehr Minister Blomberg, the Air Protection Office (LA) was formed, which was now also to be responsible for the development, testing and procurement of aircraft, aircraft engines and special aircraft equipment. He was assigned the aviation group in the weapons office, now known as Wa.Prw. 8, as Division L 2. After the transfer of the air-raid protection office to the newly created Reich Aviation Ministry (RLM) in May, the aviation technology department was initially subordinated as the Technical Department (B II) to the General Office (LB) of the RLM, but then, in the course of the reclassification of the RLM to the Technical Office (LC) on October 1, 1933, and, like the latter, directly subordinated to the Secretary of State for Aviation, Colonel General Milch. It was divided into the departments LC I (Research), LC II (Testing) and LC III (Procurement). Colonel Wimmer, as head of the Technical Office, remained responsible for aviation technology, while Captain Freiherr von Richthofen, who headed the LC II department from June 1934, was in charge of the technical aspects of the test centres (e-places). Until the Luftwaffe was unmasked in March 1935, the tests were carried out by the "Test Centres of the Reich Association of the German Aviation Industry" disguised as civilian. The "Commando der Fliegererprobungsstellen" (Command of Pilot Test Centres), which had been established in 1934 and was based in Rechlin, now appeared as the central testing authority. At the head of the command was the commander of the testing stations (K.d.E.), who was at the same time head of the E station Rechlin and superior of the chief of the E station Travemünde. His supervisor was the head of department LC II (Testing). In December 1936, the E posts Rechlin and Travemünde as well as Tarnewitz were directly subordinated to the new Chief of the Technical Office, Colonel Udet, in 1937 and charged with the development and technical testing of the Luftwaffe equipment. In the course of a reorganization of the entire RLM, the Technical Office was directly subordinated to Göring. As a result, Udet changed the organizational structure of the Technical Office again in May 1938 and dissolved the office of Commander of the Test Laboratories. The E posts now received independent command offices, which were technically subordinate to the head of the Technical Office. On February 1, 1939, the Technical Office, the Supply Office and the "Industry and Economy" group of offices were merged to form the new General Airworthiness Inspectorate (GL) and once again placed under the authority of the State Secretary for Aviation. Lieutenant General Udet was appointed General Airworthiness Officer and was now responsible for the management and control of the entire aviation technology as well as for the securing of the entire air force requirement while retaining his function as Chief of the Technical Office. After his suicide on 17 November 1941, the former Secretary of State for Aviation at the RLM, Generalfeldmarschall Milch, assumed these offices in personal union. In autumn 1941 a new command of the testing stations (Kdo.d.E) was established. In technical and operational terms, it was subordinate to the Commander of the Test Centres (K.d.E ), who in turn was subordinate to the Chief of the Technical Office and worked closely with the responsible development departments C to E of the Technical Office (GL/C). This post was held by Major Petersen until the end of the war. After the General Aircraft Master's Office was dissolved on 27 July 1944, the business area and thus the entire technical air armament was transferred to the Chief of Technical Air Armament (Chief TLR). The office was subordinated to the General Staff of the Luftwaffe and thus to the High Command of the Luftwaffe (OKL). The commander of the testing stations was now directly under the command of the Chief of Technical Air Armament, but was then subordinated to the commander of the Ersatzluftwaffe (BdE-Lw) shortly before the end of the war. Until 1945 the following E-positions were established and partially dissolved: Rechlin, Travemünde, Tarnewitz, Peenemünde, Udetfeld, Madüsee, Werneuchen, Süd (Foggia), Munster-Nord, Jesau, Arktis-Finsee, Cazeaux (Süd) and Karlshagen. In addition, a large number of test commands and test squadrons were set up from 1941 onwards, some of which were formed only briefly for the testing of individual aircraft types and quickly dissolved again after testing. ERPROBUNGSSTELLEN Torpedowaffenplatz der Luftwaffe Gotenhafen-Hexengrund (ca. 1942-1945) On April 2, 1942, the Luftwaffe Torpedowaffenplatz was repositioned as a branch office. He was subordinate to the General Airworthiness Officer (Technical Office) in terms of military service and discipline. He was assigned to Luftgaukommando I in terms of war classification, economy and administration. With effect from 1 May 1944, the Torpedowaffenplatz was then placed under the command of the E units. He was responsible for the testing of air torpedoes and associated dropping devices. Jesau (1943-1944) This E-Stelle was founded in 1943 as an outpost of the Peenemünde-West testing station. The main task of the E-Stelle Jesau was the execution of surveying work for distance and proximity fuses as well as the testing of the rocket-powered aircraft Messerschmitt Me 163. In August 1944 the E-Stelle Jesau was dissolved. Munster-Nord (1935-1945) As early as 1916, a test and production facility for gas ammunition was set up in Munster-Breloh for the first time on 6,500 hectares. From 1935, manufacturing and testing facilities for chemical warfare agents were again built on the site and the Munster-Nord Army Experimental Station, which was subordinate to the Army Ordnance Office, was set up. Both the Luftwaffe and the Weapons Office use the area for technical testing of high attack bombs and low attack spray containers. Peenemünde-West, later Karlshagen (approx. 1939-1945) After the start of construction work at the end of July 1937, Peenemünde-West started operations on 1 April 1938. Uvo Pauls was in charge until September 1, 1942, succeeding Major Otto Stams and Major Karl Henkelmann at the end of 1944. The task of the E unit was the testing of rocket engines and rocket-propelled, remote-controlled dropping weapons (e.g. Fi 103, Hs 298). The central group of the test centre was the air traffic control, which was responsible for the deployment of the aircraft fleet. She was also assigned a weather station. The following test groups were active at the experimental site, working on different tasks: E 2: Aircraft and missile systems with rocket propulsion, including support of the troop test commands (Fi 103 and Hs 117) E 3: Engines and fuels E 4: Radio and radio control systems E 5: Equipment (power supply, control systems, image station, measuring base) E 7: Drop systems, target and target training equipment E 8: Ground systems The E station was moved to Wesermünde air base near Bremerhaven in April 1945. Rechlin (approx. 1925-1945) Already planned in 1916, the "Flieger-Versuchs- und Lehranstalt am Müritzsee" started operations in 1918 during the First World War. Due to the provisions of the Treaty of Versailles, however, the installations there were dismantled again at the beginning of the 1920s. As part of the camouflaged continuation of pilot testing in the Weimar Republic, a test airfield was built in Rechlin from 1925. On the initiative of Hauptmann Student, the German Aviation Research Institute (DVL) in Berlin-Adlershof set up a new "Department M" specifically for this purpose. The "Luftfahrtverein Waren e.V.", founded in 1925, acquired the necessary area on behalf of the Reich and took over the operation of the new airfield. Factory and flight operations began in the summer of 1926. From 1927/28 Albatros Flugzeugwerke GmbH in Berlin-Johannisthal leased the facility, which was now called the "Testing Department of Albatros Flugzeugwerke Johannisthal". After the Reichsverband der Deutschen Luftfahrt-Industrie (RDL) had taken over the site at the insistence of the Reichswehr troop office at the end of 1929, it was continued under the camouflage name "RDL Erprobungsstelle Staaken". After the National Socialists came to power in 1933, the facilities in Rechlin were rapidly expanded to become the largest testing station (E station) for aviation equipment. From 1935, the E-Stelle Rechlin was regarded as a showpiece of the Luftwaffe. Until the end of the war, four large building complexes with different uses were built on the huge area: Group North management and technical administration, air base command and weather station; Testing of airframes (from 1936), of radio and navigation equipment, of aircraft on-board devices and equipment, aeromedical tests as well as high-frequency and ionospheric research Group South Testing of engines, of materials as well as of fuels and lubricants East Group Testing of ammunition for on-board weapons and drop-weapons West Group Military testing (only 1935-1938), test group and shipyard, fracture recovery, training workshop Initially, the focus of testing activities in Rechlin was on flight and engine testing. This included the flight testing of the engines, the measurements on the individual engine components as well as the creation of complete aircraft types. Other areas of activity include the testing of aircraft equipment - from on-board instruments to rescue and safety equipment, hydraulic systems - and radio and navigation equipment. From 1933 the testing of weapons was also carried out in Rechlin. The main focus was on the testing of ammunition for firearms as well as the testing of drop ammunition within the framework of flight testing. After the beginning of the 2nd World War, prey planes were thoroughly tested there and the results evaluated. In addition to the purely technical testing of all land aircraft and their equipment, new aircraft types are tested for their military suitability, especially after the start of the war. For this purpose, the Lärz Test Command was set up, to which these aircraft types were assigned for operational testing. From mid-1944 the testing of the new jet aircraft Me 262, Ar 234 and He 162 received highest priority. The E-Stelle Rechlin has undergone several organisational changes during its existence. An overview of the structure and filling of positions is attached as an annex. This is a compilation from the publication of Beauvais. South (Foggia) (c. 1941-1942) In the second half of 1941, the E-Stelle Süd started operations at the airfield in Foggia, Italy. It was intended for the testing of air torpedoes and underwater weapons, which had to be carried out in Grosseto due to unfavourable conditions. At the end of February 1942, it was decided to move the E-Stelle Süd to the French town of Cazaux, southwest of Bordeaux, and operations began at the airfield in May 1942. The test flights were used for the ballistic measurement of various types of bombs or dropping containers, the testing of target devices and bomb droppings. The commander of the E post was Captain Henno Schlockermann. After Allied air raids in March and September 1944, during which the installations were severely damaged and several test aircraft destroyed, operations had to be restricted and then discontinued altogether. By order of 10 October 1944, the E post was officially closed. Tarnewitz (1937-1945) Construction work began in 1935, and two years later the Tarnewitz electric power station was officially put into operation. The task of the new unit was to test new weapon systems for Luftwaffe aircraft. In addition to machine guns and bombs, this also included the newly developed rocket weapons. The various tasks were performed by the groups W 1 (installation), W 2 (ballistics and sights), W 3 (mountings and air discs) and W 4 (on-board weapons and ammunition). From 1938, the E post was subdivided into the specialist groups machine guns and ammunition, including rocket testing (IIA), mountings and air discs (II D), ballistics and sights (II E), installation of weapons in aircraft (II F). Travemünde (1928-1945) In 1928 a seaplane test centre (SES) was founded in Travemünde under the camouflage name "Reichsverband der Deutschen Luftfahrtindustrie Gruppe Flugzeugbau". Originally planned and established after World War I as a secret testing ground for independent naval aviation, the Travemünde testing ground was subordinated to the RLM in 1934 after the National Socialists seized power and expanded further. The focus of the testing activities in Travemünde was the testing of seaplanes and their equipment, naval mines and air torpedoes as well as special ships and boats for maritime flight operations. This also included testing seaplanes, landing on icy and snowy ground, landing attempts on aircraft carriers and rescue measures on the open sea with the aircraft. The E post was divided into the following groups in 1933: A: Navigation, radio, seaman's equipment, special installations B: Operation of aircraft, ships, docks, catapults and vehicles, ground services E: Flight service, holding pilots ready F: Aircraft testing, preparation, execution and evaluation of measurements, reports, assessments G: Testing of on-board devices, radio measuring devices, laboratory, precision mechanical workshop, photo service, duplication K: Administration, personnel, material, buildings, installations M: engines, propellers, aggregates, workshop and test benches Udetfeld (1940-1945) The Udetfeld electric power station was set up in 1940 near Beuthen/Oberschlesien. At the beginning it was led by Major Werner Zober, later by Lieutenant Colonel Rieser. The test leader was Fl.Stabsingenieur Rudolf Noch. The task of the E-Stelle was the testing of small explosive and incendiary bombs, parachute bombs and special detonators as well as the acceptance blasting of all German bomb types. At times she was also engaged in the testing of parachutes and ejection seats. For this purpose it was equipped step-by-step with a measuring base, several discharge points and a picture position. Last tests and measurements took place until shortly before the invasion of the Soviet army at the end of January 1945. The E-Stelle was dissolved by order of 15 February 1945 and its tasks taken over by the E-Stelle Rechlin. Werneuchen (1942-1945) The E post was established in April 1942 at the air base in Werneuchen. She was responsible for the testing and development of search and target devices for air and sea reconnaissance and worked closely with the Aeronautical Radio Research Institute in Oberpfaffenhofen. Field stations for testing ground radio measuring instruments were located in Weesow and Tremmen. The flight testing of newly developed equipment was initially carried out by the test squadron of the Technical Test Command (TVK), and was then transferred to the newly formed night fighter group 10. Their tasks also included the development and testing of equipment for the defence against interference and deception by the enemy air forces. In Werneuchen, the night hunt radio measuring devices FuG 202 "Lichtenstein", the ship's target search device FuG "Hohentwiel" as well as the ground search devices "Würzburg-Riese" and "Freya" were tested. In February 1945, the E-Stelle was moved to Stade and renamed to E-Stelle Stade in April 1945. The E post was commanded by Major i.G. August Hentz until April 1944, then until its dissolution by Major i.G. Cerener. ERPROBUNGSKOMMANDOS und ERPROBUNGSSTAFFELN Erprobungskommando 4 (ERPROBUNGSSTAFFELN Test Command 4) Set-up by order of 1 December 1944 by air fleet 10. Troop testing of the X4 guided missile and testing of operational procedures and tactical capabilities. Test Command 15 Formed from the Experimental Squadron Hs 293 and intended for troop testing of the Gleitbombe Hs 293. Test Command 16 Set up on the Command Path in April 1942 in Peenemünde-West, at the beginning of September budgeting and transfer to Zwischenahn, then in October to Brandis. Testing of the rocket-propelled hunter Me 163 B "Komet". Dissolution on 14 February 1945. Tasks were to be taken over by Jagdkommando 400, which also received the operational aircraft. Erprobungskommando 17 Transfer of the 2./Kampfgruppe 100 from Hannover-Langenhagen to the French Chartes, renaming into E-Kommando XY in January 1942 and temporarily into E-Kommando 100 (March to May 1942), then budgeted as E-Kommando 17. Further development of the X- and Y-process and deployment against England. Mid-September 1942 Renamed 15th Combat Squadron, 6th Experimental and Training Command, 18, set up on 1 August 1942 in Pillau and subordinated to the General of the Air Force by the Commander-in-Chief of the Navy (Ob.d.M.). Testing of the aircraft types intended for the aircraft carrier "Graf Zeppelin" including the instruction and training of the flying and ground personnel on this equipment. Test Command 19 Deployment on 1 July 1942 at the Castel Benito airfield near Tripoli on the Command Way. Testing of the aircraft types Bf 109 and Fw 109 for tropical suitability as fighter and battle planes. Personnel of the supplementary groups of the fighter squadron 27 and 53, respectively. Test and training command 20 formation on 1 October 1942 in Travemünde (later Kamp). Testing of on-board special aircraft as well as instruction and training of flying and ground personnel for on-board special aircraft. Test and Training Command 21 Set up on 1 August 1942 in Garz/Usedom. Personnel and equipment of the disbanded II. combat squadron 3. troop testing of the bomb PC 1400X. Test and teaching command 22 Set up autumn 1942 in Lärz. Testing of the Fw 190 fighter bomber version with long range (Jaborei). Personnel of the combat squadron 40, of the fighter squadrons 2 and 26 as well as of a destroyer school. Spring 1943 Transfer to St. André in France and use for the formation of the I./Schlachtkampfgeschwader 10. Test and training command 24 formation on 1 March 1943 in Mark-Zwuschen. Testing of aircraft types suitable for reconnaissance purposes, including equipment (navigation and heading devices). Dissolution in October 1944, assumption of the tasks and the personnel by the experimental association OKL. Test Command 25 Set-up in accordance with the order of 17 April 1943. Troop testing of the aircraft required for day hunting, aircraft radio measuring equipment, weapons and combat procedures as well as deployment within the framework of the Reich Defence. Reclassification into hunting group 10 with the same tasks. Test Command 26 Set-up in accordance with the order of 29 December 1943 by renaming the 11th (Pz.)/battle squadron at the airfield of the Udetfeld E station. Dissolution on 14 February 1945 and transfer of personnel to General der Schlachtflieger. Assumption of the tasks of the supplementary squadron of the Schlachtgeschwader 151. Experimental squadron 36 Set up in Garz according to the order of 10 August 1943 by renaming the 13th/fighting squadron 100. Testing of the suitability for troops of the successor models of the Hs 293 as well as briefing of observers on the He 177 equipped with the Kehlgerät FuG 203. Dissolution on 12 July 1944. Transfer of the personnel to the E-Kommando 25 for the continuation of the testing of the fighter missiles. Test Command 40 The Fliegerforstschutzverband was formed on 5 March 1940 as an independent association from the "Pest Control Group" of the Flugkommando Berlin, which had existed since 1936. It was mainly used for forest pest control and from October 1941 also took over malaria control in the occupied territories. Numerous spraying and pollination flights were carried out for this purpose. Another focus of his activities was the sowing of agricultural and forestry seeds and the spreading of artificial fertilizers. After being placed under the command of the E units on 1 January 1944, the Fliegerforstschutzverband was renamed E-Kommando 40. By order of 3 September 1944, the command stationed in Göttingen was dissolved and the remainder of the command was transferred to Coburg in November 1944, where it was used to set up E-command 41. Erprobungskommando 41 Formation on January 22, 1945 from remaining parts of the Erprobungskommando 40 and subordination in military service under Luftgaukommando VII and operational under Luftflottenkommando Reich. Test Command 100 See Test Command 17 Test Command Bf 109 G Report of arrival at Rechlin on 15 March 1942. Equipped with eleven Bf 109 G-1 and seven pilots in July. No more data. Test Command Ta 152 Positioning on the Command Way on 2 November 1944 in Rechlin. In accordance with the order of January 9, 1945, the deployment was extended until April 1945, and the deployment was reorganized into a group staff with a staff company as well as four task forces and a technical testing squadron. No formation of the four operational squadrons due to takeover of troop testing of the aircraft type Ta 152 by III/Jagdgeschwader 301. Dissolution on January 23, 1945. Test command Ta 154 formation on December 9, 1943 at the air base Hannover-Langenhagen. Testing of the front suitability of the aircraft type Ta 154. Dissolution according to the order of August 1, 1944. Transfer of personnel to the E-command Me 262. Test command He 162, deployment order of January 9, 1945 for an E-command in group strength (but not with this designation). Implementation of the operational testing of the aircraft type He 162 by I./Jagdgeschwader 1. Experimental squadron He 177 deployment on 1 February 1942 in Lärz. Testing of the aircraft type He 177. Dissolution on September 20, 1943. Transfer of personnel to combat squadron 40. Test squadron Ju 188 set up on March 1, 1943 in Rechlin. Transfer at the end of July 1943 to Chièvres near Brussels. Used for 4th/combat squadron 66th test squadron Me 210 set up in late spring 1942 in Lechfeld, relocated in July 1942 to Evreux in France. Operational testing of the aircraft type. After temporary renaming into 16th/fighter squadron 6 and 11th/destroyer squadron 1, finally reclassification into test squadron Me 410. Test squadron Ar 234 set up summer 1944 (July) in Lärz. Operational testing of the aircraft type Ar 234 B as a bomber. Personnel of the combat squadron 76th Erprobungskommando Me 262, deployment on 9 December 1943 at the Lechfeld air base. First testing of the V-model Me 262 and personnel supply of the III./Zerstörergeschwader 26 in April 1944. Starting from August 1944 formation of Einsatzkommandoos among other things in Lärz. At the end of September use of parts of the E-command, the III./ZG 26 to form the E-command "Novotny" and a new E-command 262 in Lechfeld. Official dissolution of E-command 262 on 2 November 1944. Test command Do 335 set up on 4 September 1944 by command of the E-positions. Troop testing of the aircraft type Do 335 as a mosquito night fighter, fighter, reconnaissance and combat aircraft. Relocation to Rechlin on 20 November. Revocation of the dissolution order of 14 February 1945. Test command JU 388 set up on 15 July 1944 in Rechlin. Testing the Ju 388 as a night hunter. Dissolution on 14 February 1945. Transfer of personnel to Combat Wing 76, E-Command Do 335 and various units. Test squadron Me 410 See test squadron Me 210. Troop testing of the aircraft type Me 410. Integration as 9th squadron of the combat squadron 101 and renaming into 12./KG 2 in October 1943 and finally April 1944 into 13./KG 51. Test squadron 600 formation according to order of April 1, 1945, intended for testing the rocket-driven interceptor Ba 349 "Natter". No further data known. Test command "Kolb", order of 20 November 1944. No further information known. Test command "Nebel" (Fog), order of 26 July 1944, for the testing and production of the Me 264 aircraft type, then from December 1944 also for the testing of long-range aircraft. Etatisierung des E-Kommandoos Ende Februar 1945. Lehr- und Erprobungskommando (W) After Colonel Wachtel had already been commissioned since April 1943 to carry out the war operation of the Fieseler Fi 103 (camouflage designation Flak sight FZG 76), the establishment of the Erprobungskommando began in June 1943. In military service it was subordinated to the higher commander of the anti-aircraft artillery schools and in questions of training and testing to the general of the anti-aircraft weapon. It was supplied by Luftgaukommando III, to which it belonged in terms of war classification. On 15 August 1943, the Wachtel Command formed the Flak Regiment 155 (W), which was soon transferred to France. Sonderkommando Fähre (Siebel) The Sonderkommando Fähre was responsible for the provision and operation of air force ferries for the transport of air force goods. (The information on the E-positions and E-commands were published in abbreviated form by Heinrich Beauvais/Karl Kössler/Max Mayer/Christoph Regel: Flugerprobungsstellen bis 1945. Johannisthal, Lipezk, Rechlin, Travemünde, Tarnewitz, Peenemünde-West. Bonn 1998). Characterisation of content: The collection mainly comprises work and test reports as well as correspondence between the command of the test centres and the test centres themselves and superior departments and various companies. Most of the test reports are for the two E posts Rechlin (approx. 200 AU) and Travemünde (approx. 160 AU). About 60 volumes of files with pollination and spray reports including the corresponding maps have been handed down by the Fliegerforstschutzverband. Of the remaining e-positions, only minor fragments of files have been preserved. The seven file volumes of the command of the e-offices, which deal with organizational matters of the e-offices and e-commands, are to be emphasized. State of development: Online-Findbuch 2007 Scope, Explanation: 573 AE Citation method: BArch, RL 36/...

        FA 1 / 1 · File · 1885 - 1887
        Part of Cameroon National Archives

        Errichtung der Schutzherrschaft.- Bericht von Reichskommissar Falkenthal (Abschriften), 1885 [fol. 1 - 19] Politische Lage in Togo und den benachbarten Gebieten.- Bericht von Reichskommissar Falkenthal, 1885 [fol. 1 - 19] Nichtanerkennung der deutschen Schutzherrschaft über Togo durch Frankreich und sonstige gegen das Deutsche Reich gerichtete französische Maßnahmen. - Protests by Reichskommissar Falkenthal to the French consular agent Piathet, Groß-Popo, 1885 [fol. 1 - 60] Report by Rear Admiral Knorr, 1885 [fol. 61 - 69] Expulsion of the Cameroonians Manga Akwa, Anja Preso (Priso) and Misunga to Togo for participating in the uprising in Duala. - Handed over to the Reichskommissar by Rear Admiral Knorr, flight to Accra and extradition negotiations, 1885 [fol. 71] Accusations against Portuguese authorities for slave trade. - Misinterpretation of a labour recruitment in Dahomey by the German planter Spengler (Chamisso plantation) on St. Thomé, 1885 [fol. 76 - 84] Establishment of the Portuguese protectorate over Dahomey and its takeover by France, 1885 - 1886 [fol. 85 - 192] Approval and request for armament and equipment, 1885 [fol. 102 - 105] Establishment of the protectorate over the west coast between Liberia and Grand Bassam. - Memorandum by Reichskommissar Falkenthal, 1885 [fol. 106 - 108] Shipping of slaves on the coast of Dahomey and Whydah (Quittab) in the presence of British gunboats. - Denial by Acting Colonial Secretary Percival Hughes, Accra, 1885 [fol. 109] Breakthrough of the coast at Cotonou on 23 September 1885 by the French to establish a connection between the lagoon of Porto Novo and the sea. - Report by Consul Randad jun., 1885 [fol. 118] Action against the French during the occupation of the Gridji and Abanaque territories. - Justification by Reichskommissar Falkenthal in response to a reprimand by von Bismarck, 1885 [fol. 133 - 135] Relations between France, Great Britain and Portugal on the slave coast between Whydah (Quittah) and Lagos as well as Dahomey. - Report by Reichskommissar Falkenthal, 1885 [fol. 138 - 139] Establishment of German protectorate over Porto Seguro at the request of the local King Mensa. - Report by Reichskommissar Falkenthal, 1885 [fol. 148] Clarification of German intentions in Togo. - Enquiry from Governor von Soden to von Bismarck, 1885 [fol. 156 - 157] Bielke, sergeant of the police force - Death and burial, 1885 [fol. 183] Official residence of the Reichskommissar in Klein-Popo. - Construction of a prefabricated building by the company F. H. Schmidt, Hamburg, 1886 [fol. 196 - 204] Pietrowski, sergeant, drill sergeant of the police force. - Assignment as successor to the deceased Sergeant Bielke and leave of absence for health reasons, 1886 - 1888 [fol. 212] Situation in Klein-Popo after the arrival of Reichskommissar Falkenthal at his official residence, 1886 [fol. 214] Recruitment of Hausa, 1886 - 1888 [fol. 214] Criticism of the inauguration of Reichskommissar Falkenthal (31 October 1887) and interim appointment of the previous chancellor in Cameroon, von Puttkamer, 1886 - 1887 [fol. 217 - 221] Treaty between France and the chiefs of the country of Quatschi (Kete Krachi) north of the Popos in Togo. - Copy, 21 June 1885 [fols. 238 - 239] Protocol on the German and French possessions on the west coast of Africa and in the South Seas. - Copy (German and French text), 24 Dec. 1885 [fol. 240 - 247] Exchange of notes between Germany and France on King Mensa of Porto Seguro [fol. 248 - 251] Work of the Franco-German Boundary Commission on the demarcation of the territories on both sides of the Slave Coast in accordance with Article 2 of the Protocol of 24 Dec. 1885 - Protocol, 2 Apr. 1887 [fol. 252 - 254] Regulation of flag mail traffic. - Circular no. 3, 29 May 1914

        Gouvernement von Kamerun
        BArch, R 1001/6456 · File · (1890) Febr. 1891 - Okt. 1902
        Part of Federal Archives (Archivtektonik)

        Contains among other things: Straits Settlements. Papers relating to the protected Malay States, London, 1890 Mining concessions in the hinterland of the Hüongolf. Statutes of the Hüongolf-Gesellschaft, 1901 Report on the German Colonies for the years 1900 - 1901, London 1902 Memorandum on the Development of the German Colonies, 1900 - 1901

        Archivaly - Akte
        I/MV 0745 · File · 1908-01-01 - 1910-12-31
        Part of Ethnological Museum, National Museums in Berlin

        description: Contains:StartVNr: E 1843/1908; EndVNr: E 2775/1908; and others: Cooperation with the Botanical Museum, pp. 2 f., the Botanical Central Office for the Colonies at the Royal Botanical Garden and Museum, pp. 1, and the Museum of Natural History, Berlin, (1908), pp. 58 - Delivery of duplicates to the Hzgl. collections of the Veste Coburg, pp. 175 f., the Museum für Völkerkunde, Leipzig, (1908), pp. 93, 95, 235 ff., 253 ff., and the Wachsenburg Committee, Gotha, (1908, 1909), pp. 12 ff., 151 ff.- Cooperation with the Städtisches Museum für Natur- und Heimatkunde, Magdeburg, pp. 243 f., and the Reichsmuseum, Leiden, (1908), pp. 324 f.- Cooperation with the Royal Institute for Infectious Diseases, Berlin, pp. 130, the Commission for the Study of the Protectorates, Leipzig, (1908), pp. 40, 53, 72 ff., 89, 91 f., 251, and the African Society, London, (1908, 1909), pp. 180 ff. - submission of duplicates to the Colonial Economic Committee, Berlin, pp. 58, and the Handelsschule, Cologne, (1908), pp. 58.- cooperation with the Governor of Togo, (1908), pp. 174.- cooperation with the German Colonial Society, Berlin, pp. 231, and the Gesellschaft Nordwest-Kamerun, Duala, (1908), pp. 6 ff. - cooperation with the German Colonial Society, Berlin, pp. 631, and the Gesellschaft Nordwest-Kamerun, Duala, (1908), pp. 6 ff. Cooperation with missionaries, pp. 15, 141, the Basler Mission, pp. 267 ff., 275, and the White Fathers, (1908), pp. 293 ff.- Kamerun-Expedition, Thorbecke, (1908), pp. 59 ff.- Zimmermann: Report on the Exploitation of Weapons, (1908), p. 16 - Rehse: Suggestions for a Research Trip, p. 23 f., together with Map, (1908), Sketch, p. 25 - "The Origin of the Bushmen, Hottentot and Bantu Negro". In: Windhoek News : 1909-07-10, p. 149 - "Bushman paintings." In: Cape Times : 1908-10-07, p. 173. - Thomas, Struck and others: Creation of a linguistic questionnaire for the colonies, (1908, 1909), pp. 177 ff. - offer of the Grundmann company, [1908], pamphlet, pp. 262 f. - Vöhringer: Description of the programme, (1908), pp. 271 f. - Karasek: Request for support for his research on the Waschambae, (1908), pp. 282 f. - Proposals for honouring Weule and Meyer, (1908), pp. 286 ff. - Scheunemann: Offer of the scepter of Diba von Bertua, (1908), pp. 300 f.

        Archivaly - Akte
        I/MV 0732 · File · 1904-01-01 - 1907-12-31
        Part of Ethnological Museum, National Museums in Berlin

        description: Contains:StartVNr: E 1937/1904; EndVNr: E 855/1905; and others: Cooperation with the Museum of Natural History, Berlin, (1905), p. 58 - Cooperation with the Museums of Ethnology, Hamburg, p. 280, Dresden, p. 281, Cologne, (1907), p. 279, Stuttgart, (1904), p. 29, 176 f., the Reichsmuseum, Leiden, p. 146, the Institute of Anthropology, London, p. 174, and the Hungarian National Museum, Budapest, (1905), p. 183 ff - Transfer of duplicates to the antiquity society Prussia, Königsberg, (1905), p. 153 - Transfer of duplicates to private individuals, (1905), p. 196, p. 309 - Cooperation with the governors of DSW, p. 175, Togo, (1905), p. 334, and Cameroon, (1904), p. 64 - Cooperation with Dt. Kolonialgesellschaft, pp. 41, the German Mediterranean Society, Berlin, pp. 167, the Société d' Études coloniales, Brussels, pp. 223, the American Geographical Society, New York, and the University Library, Vienna, (1905), pp. 159 - Cooperation with missionaries, (1904, 1905), pp. 77 f., 151, 222, of the Congregation of Missionaries Oblates of the Immaculate Virgin Mary (1904), pp. 5 ff., of the Mission of hh. Heart of Jesus, (1905), pp. 179 f., and the Basel Mission, (1905, 1906), pp. 288 ff.- Merker: Location of drilled stones, (1905), Abschr., pp. 42 f.- Hofmarschallamt: Loan of a chair by Njoya von Bamum, (1905), p. 67 - Armbandsammlung Döring, (1905), p. 75 f. - Judgment on the outstanding sum insured for ECR Rigler, (1905), p. 81 ff - Rehse: Supplements to his manuscript "Kiziba", p. 93 ff., "Foreword to Chapter 11", p. 96, Request for Command to Bukoba and Biographical Notes, (1905), p. 122 - Laufer: Report on the Sanatorium Alhayat in Egypt, (1905), p. 137 ff. - "The Work of the Diafe by Leo Frobenius.", (1905), Abschr., p. 148 f. - Schweinfurth: Bericht über Bogen aus Ägypten, (1905), p. 154 - by Stefenelli: Bericht über den Gebrauch von Masken beim Fetischdienst, (1905), p. 202 ff - Schloifer: "Einladung zur Beteiligung an der Central-Afrikanischen Bergwerks-Gesellschaft m.b.H.", p. 213, "Entwurf. Gesellschaftsvertrag ...", pp. 215 et seq., "Report to the Central African Lake Society m.b.H.", pp. 218 et seq., "Special report on the goldfields belonging to the Central African Lake Society m.b.H.", Printed by Druckschr., (1905), pp. 219 et seq. - "List of African ethnographic objects brought by Mr Paul Bieger from Lagos", (1905), pp. 239 et seq. "Name and meaning of the stamps (s. 3447) of missionaries Merkel and Sitzler, (1905), pp. 306 ff. - "Verzeichnis der Sammlung Rosen", (1905), pp. 316 ff. - Rosen: Publikationspläne und Abrechnung über seine Gesandtschaftsreise nach Abessinien, (1906), pp. 327 f.

        BArch, R 2/689 · File · 1924-1925
        Part of Federal Archives (Archivtektonik)

        Contains among other things: List of the sale of ex-Enemy properties in the British Sphere of the Cameroons, West Africa in Cameroon; draft contract for Fako-Pflanzungen GmbH concerning the granting of a loan for the repurchase of land; report on the steps taken to reclaim the plantation area on the Great Cameroon Hill; Report on the result of the London auction of Cameroonian plantations; overview of the loans granted by the German government to the German purchasers through the intermediary of Fako-Pflanzungen GmbH on the basis of the auction of German plantations on the Cameroon Mountains in London in November 1924; report on the condition of the repurchased plantations on the Great Cameroon Mountain, May/June 1925; Ekona AG and Kautschuk-Pflanzung "Meanja" AG.- Estimate of the operation, 1925 to 1926; West African Plantation Company "Victoria" - Account of funds received so far

        229/1948 · File · 1948
        Part of Municipal archive Minden

        Content: "No. 229 CMinden, 7. May 1948The cook Busby Maurice Wilson, Catholic resident in Minden, Weiserstraße No. 22 died on 5. May 1948 at 3 p.m. -- minutesin Minden in the latter apartment. The deceased was born on 1. June 1877in Barbedoos/West India(registry office no.)Father: Samuel WilsonMother: unknown. the deceased was married to Caroline Wilson, born Fricke, who had died earlier, last living in Minden. registered on oral complaint of Marie-SophieVoss, living in Minden, Oberstraße Nr. 11The complainant proved herself by means of an identity card.she declared to have been informed of the death on her own knowledge.read aloud, approved and signedMrs. Maria Sophie Voss [signature]The registrar [illegible signature]cause of death: oesophageal cancer.marriage of the deceased on 15.12.1912 in London(registry office of Westminster)".

        Cameroon
        BArch, N 2345/80 · File · (1884) Aug. 1894 - Mai 1903
        Part of Federal Archives (Archivtektonik)

        Contains among other things: Negotiations on the course of the border with France and Great Britain Annual reports of trading companies in Cameroon Geographical map

        Landesarchiv Baden-Württemberg, Abt. Staatsarchiv Ludwigsburg, E 170 · Fonds · 1848-1920 (Va ab 1818, Na bis 1950)
        Part of State Archives Baden-Württemberg, Dept. State Archives Ludwigsburg (Archivtektonik)

        The file delivery of the Central Office for Trade and Commerce in Stuttgart. Von Walter Grube: The Königlich Württembergische Zentralstelle für Gewerbe und Handel (Royal Württemberg Central Office for Trade and Commerce) has assumed a particularly prestigious position among the authorities that the German states created for their economic administration in the 19th century. It originated as a state college under the Ministry of the Interior in the same revolutionary year of 1848, in which Prussia, Austria and Bavaria established special trade ministries; the notoriously thrifty Württemberg did not know its own ministry for economic affairs until the end of the monarchy, as Baden had in its trade ministry in 1860-1881. Nevertheless, the "Central Office", above all under the leadership of the great Ferdinand von Steinbeis (1856-1880), was successful in economic policy, which, in addition to the achievements of the ministries of trade and commerce of other countries, was quite impressive. It was thanks to the work of the Central Office that Württemberg, which was poor in raw materials, technically still lagging behind, and had unfavorable transport connections, soon became the actual state of state trade promotion, from which people for a long time tried eagerly to learn, not only in Germany. The Central Office played a decisive role in the restructuring of the Württemberg economic structure in the age of the Industrial Revolution. The historian of her first heyday in 1875 has divided her versatile field of activity into the following groups: 1. "Consultative services" in legislative and administrative matters: trade, customs, trade, banking and building legislation, coinage, measure and weight, commercial security police, iron and salt extraction, transport, taxation and more.a.; 2. teaching activities: trade schools, travelling teachers, trade training workshops, model and teaching material collection, trade model store, library, journalistic work, associations; 3. "Direct influence on commercial activity": markets, trade fairs, stock exchanges, exports, foreign commercial agencies; 4. direct influence on commercial activity": support with capital and technical suggestions for all branches of industry; 5. regimental activity" mainly as a state patent office, state exhibition commission, central authority for chambers of commerce and industry, state calibration authority and in the administration of commercial foundations. Among these activities, in the country conscious of its school tradition, "instructive work" has always rightly been regarded as a special glorious page of the Central Office; the Protestant Prelate Merz once called it a "jewel of Württemberg". Not least due to the educational work of the central office and the commission for the commercial further training schools founded in 1853, a down-to-earth tribe of recognised skilled workers grew from day labourers, small farmers' and vineyard gardeners' sons, from guilt-bound master craftsmen and a poorly developed trading class of that highly qualified entrepreneurship which, in addition to the broad stratum of vital small and medium-sized enterprises characteristic of Württemberg, has created many a company of world renown. The far-sighted way in which the Central Office, overcoming some resistance, drove trade promotion and economic policy in general at that time was still noticeable in its effects up to the crisis resistance of the Württemberg economy, which was widespread and much envied in the thirties of our century.After the state revolution of 1918 had also given Württemberg its own ministries for the economy (Labour Ministry and Food Ministry, 1926 united to form the Economics Ministry), the Central Office for Trade and Commerce was reorganised by decree of the State Ministry of 30 November 1920 under new distribution of responsibilities to the State Trade Office. For the organization of the state economic administration, this was not as revolutionary as the founding of the Central Office, with which a completely new epoch of Württemberg industrial history had begun. But the reorganization was more far-reaching than the repeated renewal of the "Basic Provisions" of 1848, through which the Central Office had repeatedly adapted itself to the changes in economic life and in the relationship between the state and the economy in the course of its seventy-year history. The Central Office, the creation of the revolution of 1848, thus underwent its strongest transformation to date through the revolution of 1918. As one can easily understand, the precipitation of files from the Central Office represents a unique source in the state sector for the economic history of Württemberg in the years 1848-1920. In addition, the Central Office had taken over not inconsiderable files of older semi-private institutions founded or sponsored by the state, such as the "Gesellschaft für Beförderung der Gewerbe" (Society for the Promotion of Trade) founded in 1830 and the "Handels- und Gewerbsverein" (Trade and Trade Association) founded in 1819, and later partly also the "Zentralstelle des landwirtschaftlichen Vereins" (Central Office of the Agricultural Association) established in 1817. The registry of the Stuttgart Central Office for Trade and Commerce in 1920, when it was transformed into the State Trade Office, contained the relevant records of a full century. The Central Office, like the majority of the 19th century ministries and state resource authorities, has not exercised little care in its registry. The first registry plan of the newly founded authority, which was first provisionally housed in the building of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, was drafted in 1850 by Reinhardt's secretary, a booklet of only 37 pages; it remained in force throughout the Steinbeis era until the early eighties. The files taken over immediately in 1848 by the Gewerbeförderungsgesellschaft and the Handels- und Gewerbeverein were incorporated into the individual departments of the registry in 1850. The same procedure was followed when, in 1882, on the occasion of the reorganization of the registry of the Central Office for Agriculture, the previous files of the Central Office of the Agricultural Association had been handed over to the association, as well as again in 1888, when papers from the estate of the well-known national economist Moriz Mohl were handed over to the association. In 1869 a separate room had to be set up for the registry, which until then had been housed in the only chancellery room, and the three "full-grafted" file shelves had to be increased by two new ones. In 1883, not long after the Director (and later President) Robert von Gupp took office, a fundamental reorganization of the further swollen registry overflowing into the corridors and attic had become indispensable. The work was transferred by the Ministry of the Interior to the civil servant Heberle of the Oberamt Schwäbisch Hall, since it could not be handled by the few civil servants of the central office, and was only completed after three years. The new registry plan drawn up by Heberle, now already a volume of 200 pages, has been preserved, while his repertory, four times as extensive, unfortunately did not come to us. For the first time, Heberle systematically separated the current registry (then 1109 fascicles) from the old registry (then 1242 fascicles). On the occasion of these works also the first file cassations of considerable size took place (about 180 fascicles and volumes). The surviving elimination lists show that this was done conscientiously and that there was probably very little collected, which would be of interest to the economic historian today. The order created in 1883-85 has survived the relocation of the central office to the new magnificent building of the Stuttgart State Trade Museum in 1896; even today, a large part of the files can be found in the fascicles formed and inscribed by Heberle. In the new building, in 1901-1902, the old registry, which had already grown into a proper official archive, could be separated and appropriately furnished in the attic. In 1905-1908, Obersekretär Hauser produced a new file plan of 800 pages for old and current registries, using but also improving the Heberleschen order, which was in use until the reorganization of the Central Office in 1920 and has fortunately been preserved. The fact that substantial parts of it then fell victim to the bombs of the Second World War is one of the most sensitive source losses for research. All files of the Central Office, which had been sent to the Ministry of Economy by the State Trade Office in the wake of the organisational changes of 1920, were burnt with the Ministry of Economy, including valuable files on chambers of commerce, trade contracts and customs 1819-1870 as well as on railways 1857-1913. Apart from the ruinous remains, all files of the Central Office that were still in the possession of the Stuttgart State Trade Office during the Second World War have also been destroyed, including not only extensive material from the first two decades of the 20th century, which was still curious at the time, but also some departments dating back a long way, some of which still had files from the "Gesellschaft für Beförderung der Gewerbe" (1830-1848) and its predecessors. These were once two larger deliveries by the Stuttgart State Trade Office from 1930 and 1939, a total of about 40 m (today inventory E 170), and the files of the Patent Commission of the Central Office, which were handed over by the Reich Patent Office in 1939 and which, according to the German Patent Law of 25 January 1877, were not available for inspection. The first volume was sent to Berlin in May 1877 (Reichsgesetzblatt pp. 501ff.) (11 m, today stock E 170a), and finally 60 volumes of invoices from the Zentralstelle (1848/49-1908/09, 2 m), which the Staatsarchiv Ludwigsburg had taken over in 1921 with the invoice section of the former Finanzarchiv (today stock E 224a). The existing registry aids, administrative repertories, handover and elimination directories no longer allow even a rough percentage to be given today of how the volume of this rescued document (a total of 53 linear metres) relates to that of the lost document. But on the basis of Hauser's file plan of the Central Office from 1905-1908 at least the larger and for research most perceptible gaps in the inventory handed down to us can be determined. For example, most of the minutes of the meetings are missing, the files on the well-known Stuttgart State Trade Museum (the second oldest in Europe) and those on the Information Centre for the Construction Industry; in addition to the diaries, the once demonstrably existing files on the large library of the Central Office - the most important of Germany's trade libraries -, on social insurance, industrial legal protection, building legislation, traffic with foodstuffs, luxury foods and utensils have been completely lost. Despite these and other gaps, the preserved files of the Central Office and its predecessors still represent an invaluable source for the economic history of the Württemberg royal period. It is well known that the records of the commercial enterprises, most of which grew out of small businesses, are often extremely incomplete and not easily accessible for general use; the valuable archives of the Stuttgart and Ulm Chambers of Commerce were almost completely destroyed by the Second World War. The central tradition of state industrial promotion thus offers not only the only opportunity to explore the great transformation process of the 19th century as a whole; it is also widely the only source both of the history of hundreds of individual enterprises and of the emergence of economic self-government. This source was already not completely unused. But for a long time, the partially quite inadequate degree of their development prohibited the real exploitation of them. Only the annual accounts of the Central Office (in inventory E 224a) did not require any special expenditure for archival finding aids. In chronological order, you will find detailed evidence of all measures for industrial education and support for trade, of each "sending experts abroad and appointing tradesmen from the same field" (as one of the invoice headings reads), of the purchase of models, drawings, samples, sample tools, machines and inventions, of exhibitions and prize distributions, of the introduction of new branches of industry and the upgrading of existing ones, of the promotion of the sale of goods, of trade associations and craftsmen, and finally of expenditure on fundamental studies of industrial development. Anyone looking for individual companies or persons in the accounts must of course, in order to reach their goal quickly, already be aware of the vintages in question, and must also be content with the fact that 19th century accounts, less informative than some from earlier times, essentially give facts and only rarely motives.In 1949, the State Archives Ludwigsburg was able to complete a hand-written archive repertory for the patent files of the Central Office (fonds E 170a), which had been taken over in 1939 without any index, during the executive board of the then Oberarchivrat Dr. Max Miller. In two volumes (with together more than 1000 pages) it lists the protocols of the patent commission and some general files as well as the chronologically arranged special files on all Württemberg patents examined by the central office in the years 1848-1877 (with name index). In addition, for the years 1841 to 1848, it makes accessible the relevant preparatory files of the Central Office of the Agricultural Association, which was responsible for the patent system at that time, characteristic of the Biedermeier view of commercial economy. The collection, easily accessible since 1949 (a total of 2373 tufts), contains patent files of Swabian inventors (e.g. Daimler, Max Eyth, Magirus, Gebrüder Mauser and Friedrich Voith) as well as numerous patent applications of non-Württembergians (from the rest of Germany, from other European countries and from America), all in all quite considerable documents for the history of technology. It proved to be more difficult for the archive administration to catalog the even more important and far more extensive file deliveries of the Landesgewerbeamt of 1930 and 1939, the first of which is already listed in K.O. Müller's printed "Gesamübersicht" of 1937 (fonds E 170). In the research service of the State Archives, especially since the Second World War, there have been repeated attempts to use these files for surveys of company histories and anniversaries. But the scarcity of the summary handover lists made this an always time-consuming and often unsuccessful effort. Even the question of individual facts and data could embarrass the archivist; there was absolutely no question of a systematic evaluation of the holdings for the economic and social history, which is becoming more and more important from year to year. Paul Gehring's important essays on Württemberg economic history in the 19th century had to be written without the use of these files, especially under the difficult working conditions of the war and post-war years. Under these circumstances, the production of a scientifically useful repertory became an urgent desideratum of both administration and research. Fortunately, in 1958, the efforts of State Archives Director Dr. Max Miller to obtain funds from the State Trade Office of Baden-Württemberg for the temporary employment of a legally and economically trained processor of these trade and commercial files were successful. The typewritten repertory E 170 comprises three state folio volumes of almost 1000 pages and, restored according to the Hauser file plan from 1905-1908, makes the holdings usable right down to their finest ramifications. Some of it certainly is of predominantly regional or even only local historical interest. But much of it shows in surprisingly rich detail how systematically the Central Office used the experiences and models of the then technically and socially advanced German and non-German states (above all Belgium and England) to raise the Württemberg economy. There are numerous files on the secondment of entrepreneurs, technicians and craftsmen abroad for technical and artistic training, on experiments with foreign machines and production processes, on the appointment of foreign specialists, on participation in major international exhibitions from Paris and London to Philadelphia and Melbourne. Thus, the collection of files shows the way in which a 19th-century German middle-class state developed its craft with comparatively modest but skilfully invested financial expenditures and helped its industry to become internationally competitive. At the goal of this way stood, that was the specifically Württemberg of a gemeindeutschen procedure per se, a quality industry of large variety and healthy decentralization. The typewritten finding aid was provided by Rudolf Denk, Walter Grube and Wolfgang Schmierer (completion 1969). Note: This finding aid book is a repertory which has been available only in typewritten form up to now and which has been converted into a database-supported and thus online-capable format according to a procedure developed by the "Working Group on Retroconversion in the State Archives Ludwigsburg". This can lead to a certain discrepancy between the modern external appearance and the today partly outdated design and wording of the title records, in particular:- corrections, deletions and supplements were checked and incorporated.- The title records of archive units found to be missing were taken over and provided with a corresponding note ("Missing since ...." or similar).- If the allocation of new order numbers was unavoidable, the old signature was verified in the respective title record and in a separate overall concordance.

        Dr. Carl Peters (inventory)

        The part in the district archives from the estate of the German colonial pioneer Carl Peters, who acquired the core area of the later "D e u t s c h - O s t a f r i k a", was mainly compiled by his wife Thea née Herbers and enriched by copies and transcripts from the Federal Archives Koblenz and the then Central State Archives Potsdam as well as by materials from the Berninghaus family - Asta Berninghaus was a sister of Thea Peters. At the beginning of the 1950s the collection came into the possession of the archives of Altena Castle. In eight boxes, the estate contains documents, correspondence and newspaper clippings, most of which relate to the disciplinary proceedings and insults brought by the colonial politician. In addition to these documents there are photos and personal belongings. In addition, the collection was supplemented by books and essays on colonial topics, in particular by and about Carl Peters. The indexing was done in 1990 by the trainee Elke Röscher. Biography: - 27.11.1856 born as son of a pastor in Neuhaus a. d. Elbe - studies in Göttingen, Tübingen and Berlin - 1879 doctorate in history - 1880 Oberlehrerexamen in history and geography - since 1881 stay in London, occupation with the English colonial politics and administration - 1883 return to Berlin - 28.03.1884 Carl Peters founds the "Society for German Colonization" - September 1884 departure for East Africa, in the same year conclusion of colonial contracts with the chiefs of Useguna, Uguru, Usagara and Ukami - 12.02.1885 foundation of the DOAG ("Deutsch-Ostafrikanische Gesellschaft") - 27.02.1885 signing of the first colonial letter of protection by Wilhelm I. for the area acquired by Peters - March 1889 to August 1890 expedition to liberate Emin Pasha, conclusion of further contracts in Africa - 01.07.1890 Helgoland-Sansibar-contract - 1891 dispatch as Imperial Imperial Commissioner at the disposal of East Africa - 1992 cooperation in the German-English border regulation in East Africa - 03.05.1894 Appointment to the statutory "commissioner" - 13. to 16.03.1896 colonial debate of the Reichstag, attack Bebels against Peters, soon afterwards move to London, journalistic activity, foundation of a business enterprise - 24.04./15.11.1897 disciplinary judgements against Carl Peters for misconduct towards natives: Dismissal from the Reichsdienst (legal consequences of the verdict were reversed in 1937 by Hitler in favor of Peters' widow) - 1899-1911 Trips to South Africa: Managing Director of the Carl Peters Estates Company - 1905 pardon from Kaiser Wilhelm II.Peters gets back the title "Reichskommissar" - 1907-1909 various insult suits especially against editors of social democratic newspapers - 1909 marriage with Thea Herbers - 1914 Carl Peters is granted his pension by grace - 10.09.1918 died in Waltorf near Peine

        Peters, Carl
        HZAN La 142 · Fonds · (1845-) 1868-1951 (1959)
        Part of State Archive Baden-Württemberg, Hohenlohe Central Archive Neuenstein (Archivtektonik)

        1 On the biography of Prince Ernst II of Hohenlohe-Langenburg: Hereditary Prince Ernst Wilhelm Friedrich Karl Maximilian of Hohenlohe-Langenburg - hereinafter called "Ernst II" in distinction to his grandfather Ernst - was born on 13 September 1863 in Langenburg as the son of Princess Leopoldine, born Princess of Baden, and Prince Hermann of Hohenlohe-Langenburg. He spent his school time in Karlsruhe, his mother's home town, at the Grand Ducal Gymnasium, which he left after graduating from high school in 1881. He then studied law as part of a contemporary university tour which took him to Paris, Bonn, Tübingen and Leipzig between 1881 and 1884. In 1885 Ernst II took his first legal exam at the Higher Regional Court in Naumburg a. d. Saale and during his military officer training at the 2nd Garde-Dragonerregiment in Berlin-Lichterfelde in the years 1886-1889 he also used the available time for extensive social activities at the courts of Emperor Wilhelm I and his son Friedrich. After completing his training, Ernst II advanced in the military hierarchy to lieutenant-colonel á la suite of the army (1914). The hereditary prince then aspired to a career in the Foreign Office, for which he first used one of his frequent stays in London in 1889 as a kind of private 'apprenticeship' at the German embassy. Queen Victoria was a great-aunt of Ernst II, so that he could always move at the highest social level. In 1890-1891 he passed his diplomatic exam and then took up a position as 3rd secretary in the embassy in St. Petersburg. Already in 1892 Ernst II achieved his transfer to London with the help of his father, who had enough influence as governor of Alsace-Lorraine, where he served as 3rd embassy secretary until 1894. In this year the hereditary prince Prince Hermann followed to Strasbourg to work as legation secretary of the ministry for the Reichsland Alsace-Lorraine. In 1896 Ernst II married his cousin of the 3rd degree Alexandra (1878-1942), a princess from the British royal family, whose father Duke Alfred of Edinburgh had taken over the Thuringian Duchy of Saxony-Coburg and Gotha three years earlier. Together with his wife and the offspring who soon followed - Gottfried, Marie Melita, Alexandra, Irma and Alfred, who died shortly after his birth - Gottfried, Marie Melita, Alexandra and Irma moved his centre of life to Langenburg and finally left the diplomatic corps in 1897. He had begun to establish himself in his role as heir when, after the unexpected death of Alexandra's brother Alfred (1899), the open question of succession in Saxony-Coburg and Gotha required a settlement. Ernst II was assigned as regent and guardian for the new, still youthful Duke Carl Eduard, a task he took over in 1900 after the death of his father-in-law, so that he now stood for 5 years at the head of a German principality. After the end of the regency, during which he had acquired the goodwill of his Thuringian subjects through a liberal attitude, Emperor Wilhelm II, his 3rd cousin, gave him the prospect of a position as State Secretary and appointed him in 1905 provisional head of the Colonial Department in the A u s w ä r t i g e s A m t , which was to be upgraded to his own R e i c h s k o l o n i a l a m t . But because of internal quarrels and the resistance in the Reichstag against the financing of the new authority, the hereditary prince had to take his hat off again in 1906. The following year Ernst II returned to the political stage as a member of the Reichstag for the constituency of Gotha, in which he had run as a representative of the bourgeois parties against the SPD. As a guest student of the parliamentary group of the German Reich Party, he sometimes appeared with speeches in the plenum, but everyday parliamentary work remained largely alien to him. As a result of a special political constellation in the Reichstag, Ernst II nevertheless managed to be elected vice-president of parliament in 1909 as a compromise candidate for the right-wing conservative camp. But he was not able to carry out this task for long either, because he did not want to come to terms with the conventions of parliamentary debates. As early as 1910 he used the anti-Protestant "Borromeo encyclical" of Pope Pius X to resign from his office in protest, albeit at the price of no longer being able to play a political role at the national level in the future. In 1913 Prince Hermann zu Hohenlohe-Langenburg died and his son took over the noble inheritance, which also included the county of Gleichen in Thuringia. Ernst II successfully compensated for the loss of leading political offices through his increased commitment to social forces, which rather worked in the background: first and foremost the Protestant Church, the Order of St John and the Red Cross. Within these institutions he held important and influential positions at local and state level, through which - in conjunction with his memberships in numerous associations and federations - he was able to cultivate a broad network of correspondents from noble, political, scientific, ecclesiastical and cultural circles.As commentator of the Württembergisch-Badenschen Genossenschaft des Johanniterordens and honorary president of the Württembergischer Landesverbandes vom Roten Kreuz it was obvious for Ernst II not to strive for a position with the fighting troops, but in the organization of voluntary nursing at the outbreak of the First World War. After a short period as a delegate for each stage in Berlin and on the western front, he was appointed at the end of 1914 as the general delegate for voluntary nursing care for the eastern theater of war, so that he spent the longest period of the war in the eastern headquarters - among others in the vicinity of Field Marshal von Hindenburg. In 1918 he was finally promoted to the highest representative of his organization, the Imperial Commissioner and Military Inspector, and in this function he led, among other things, the German delegation to prisoner of war exchange negotiations with the USA in Bern. Here he benefited from his diplomatic experience, which the emperor had already drawn on in 1915, when he sent the prince to Constantinople and the Balkans as a special ambassador. After the end of the war, Ernst II resigned his high office in nursing and devoted himself again to his church and association activities. He paid special attention to the Protestant Commission for Württemberg, for which he acted as chairman of the Gerabronn district and the Langenburg local group as well as delegate in the regional committee. While the unification of the Protestant regional churches in the German Reich had already been of great concern to him as a Thuringian regent, in the 1920s and 30s he continued to campaign for the Protestant cause at church congresses and church assemblies in Württemberg and at Reich level. In 1926 the Langenburg prince was also appointed senior citizen of the Hohenlohe House, and in the same year he was elected governor of the Balley Brandenburg, i.e. the second man of the Order of St John in the Empire. During National Socialism, Ernst II, as in republican times, stayed away from political offices, especially as he was of an advanced age. From 1936 he invested a large part of his energy in the endeavour to have the Langenburg ancestral estate recognised as an inheritance court and also took care of the publication of his correspondence with the widow composer Cosima Wagner. 11 December 1950 Prince Ernst II died very old in Langenburg, where he was also buried. 2. inventory history, inventory structure and distortion: Before distortion, the estate was in a relatively heterogeneous state, which was due to an inconsistent way of transmission and multiple processing approaches. During the fire at Langenburg Castle in 1963 and the associated temporary relocation of documents within the building complex, the original order probably suffered its first damage, which was intensified in the subsequent period in the course of the transfer of Langenburg archives to Neuenstein. Probably the estate was torn apart and transferred to the central archive in several parts that could no longer be reconstructed in detail. At the latest during the administrative work carried out there in the 1960s under Karl Schumm, the written remains of Ernst II were mixed with other files from Langenburg. Further parts of the estate may also have arrived in Neuenstein in the following decade. Building on the gradually implemented provenance delimitation of the Langenburg archival records, a rough pre-drawing of the estate could be tackled in the early 1980s, but this was not completed. A last addition from the family archives was made to the now formed holdings in 1992 by the delivery of Ernst-related files, most of which had originated in the Langenburg authorities, in particular the domain chancellery.Ernst II regulated his correspondence with the help of registrar-like notes, which he usually affixed directly to the incoming documents. It contained information on the date, recipients and content of the replies and other written reactions. He also noted instructions to his administration and often complete drafts of letters on the incoming mail. In addition, the testator himself already arranged and sorted his documents further by forming units oriented to factual topics and correspondence partners and providing them with notes in the sense of a file title along with its running time. In general, he attached the notes to envelopes of different sizes, most of them used, which served as packaging or were enclosed with the files. Over the decades, Ernst seems to have repeatedly tackled such disciplinary measures, which had a long tradition in the family, without, however, being able to recognize a stringently maintained pattern. Only the rough distinction between factual and correspondence files formed a perceptible red thread, which was also observed in the current distortion. However, it must be taken into account that even in the fascicles formed according to subject criteria, parts of correspondence are often found, only compiled on a specific topic. Although this leads to overlaps with the correspondence series, the fact files were largely left as such and only slightly thinned out with regard to the correspondence partners, since they are mostly units that are comprehensible in terms of content and partly rich in content. While the 'file titles' created by Ernst II normally largely corresponded with the content of the fascicles, it must be noted for the following indexing approaches, also and especially for the preliminary indexing in the 1980s, that the names, dates and subjects noted on archive covers often deviated from the actual content and could hardly be used for the current indexing. The situation was aggravated by the fact that the mixing with files of foreign provenance - including the estates of Ernst's father Hermann and his wife Alexandra as well as the domain chancellery and court administration - could never be completely eliminated and therefore numerous individual files had to be sorted out in the course of the current processing. However, this separation of provenances was not implemented consistently in every respect, but in particular files from the Langenburg and Coburg-Gotha administration, which refer directly to Ernst II, were left in existence; the official records usually differ from the actual estate in the outward appearance in the form of differently coloured folders with file titles, running times and file numbers. Furthermore 2 fascicles on the death of Ernst II and at the end of his reign in Saxony-Coburg and Gotha come from the estates of Ernst's children Gottfried and Alexandra. A special case is Ernst's correspondence with Cosima Wagner, which is kept entirely in Neuenstein, so that not only the letters received from the deceased, but also the letters to the composer's wife (Ernst, his mother Leopoldine and his cousin Max von Baden), stored in bound folders, were recorded as part of the princely estate (see 4.).Thus, the newly registered estate represents an inventory enriched with personal material. In addition, it is to be expected that there will still be isolated files from the estates of relatives whose origin could no longer be clearly clarified (e.g. loose individual pages or fascicles which refer to festive events without naming an addressee or previous owner), apart from the principle of retaining the original separation of factual and correspondence files, massive interventions had to be made in the formation and titling of the fascicles. In many cases, due to later order work, mixing within the fascicles and unclear new file formations had occurred, otherwise about a quarter of the holdings proved to be largely unordered. Even the rather ad hoc sorting carried out by Ernst II himself did not follow any kind of 'file plan', so that content overlaps and repetitions were the order of the day. Therefore, in the course of the current distortion, fascicles were repeatedly reshaped or newly formed under consideration of either thematic or corresponding criteria. The extraction of individual documents for assignment to other fascicles was generally documented by enclosed notes. Individual photographs and photo series with illustrations of Ernst II. were separated and formed into a separate 'photo collection' (see 5.), and in order to provide a better orientation for the user, the find book of most of Ernst II.'s relatives shows the degree of kinship to the deceased in square brackets in the appropriate places.The collection La 142, Nachlass Fürst Ernst II., was arranged and recorded from June to December 2004 by archivist Thomas Kreutzer within the framework of a project sponsored by the Kulturstiftung Baden-Württemberg. It covers 19.4 running meters. Files and volumes in 927 units with a running time of (1845-) 1868-1951 (1959).Neuenstein, in April 2005Thomas Kreutzer 3. Note for use:: During the distortion, cross-references were made in the files that refer to the former bundle number - not to today's order number. To find the corresponding fascicles, the concordance has to be used.Concordance earlier - today's tuft number: 4. Literature:: Heinz Gollwitzer, The Lords of Stand. Die politische und gesellschaftliche Stellung der Mediatisierten 1815-1918. Ein Beitrag zur deutschen Sozialgeschichte, Göttingen 1964, bes. S. 244-253.Maria Keipert/Peter Grupp (Ed.), Biographisches Handbuch des deutschen Auswärtigen Dienstes 1871-1945, Vol. 2, Paderborn et al. 2005, S. 344f.Thomas Kreutzer, Protestantische Adligkeit nach dem Kollbruch - Die kirchliche, karitative und politische Verbandstätigkeit von Ernst II. Prince of Hohenlohe-Langenburg between 1918 and 1945, in: Nobility and National Socialism in the German Southwest. Edited by Haus der Geschichte Baden-Württemberg in conjunction with the State Capital Stuttgart (Stuttgart Symposium, Series 11), Leinfelden-Echterdingen 2007, pp. 42-82 Thomas Nicklas, Ernst II. Prince of Hohenlohe-Langenburg. Standesherr, Regent, Diplomat im Kaiserreich (1863-1950), in: Gerhard Taddey (ed.), Lebensbilder aus Baden-Württemberg, Vol. 21, Stuttgart 2005, pp. 362-383.Frank Raberg (ed.), Biographisches Handbuch der württembergischen Landtagsabgeordneten 1815-1933 (Veröffentlichungen der Kommission für geschichtliche Landeskunde in Baden-Württemberg), Stuttgart 2001, pp. 381f.Karina Urbach, Diplomat, Höfling, Verbandsfunktionär. Süddeutsche Standesherren 1880-1945, in: Günther Schulz/ Markus A. Denzel (ed.), German nobility in the 19th and 20th centuries, St. Katharinen 2004, pp. 354-375 Karina Urbach, Zwischen Aktion und Reaktion. The Southern German Class Lords and the First World War, in: Eckart Conze/ Monika Wienfort (ed.), Adel und Moderne. Germany in European Comparison in the 19th and 20th Centuries, Cologne 2004, pp. 323-351.Freie Deutsche Presse Coburg, 30.12.1950 (obituary).Hohenloher Zeitung, [after 11.12.]1950 (obituary).further materials:La 95 Domänenkanzlei LangenburgLa 102 Fürstliche HofverwaltungLa 143 Nachlass Fürstin Alexandra zu Hohenlohe-Langenburg

        Family history 1798 - 1872
        Landesarchiv Baden-Württemberg, Abt. Hauptstaatsarchiv Stuttgart, P 32 Bd 1 · File · Material ab ca. 1840, Niederschrift ca. ab 1918, Vorwort von 1939, Nachträge ca. 1942
        Part of Landesarchiv Baden-Württemberg, Dept. Main State Archives Stuttgart (Archivtektonik)

        Contains above all: Representation of the family history from about 1798 to the death of Karl Scheurlen in 1872, by Ernst von Scheurlen (handschr.) occasional poems by Karl Scheurlen, 1862 - 1867 pictures and photos - of the following persons: Johann Friedrich Flander, Benjamin Friedrich Pfizer (grandfather or great-grandfather), Friedrich Notter, Paul Pfizer MdL, Charlotte Scheurlen née Pfizer (1802-1860, mother or grandmother), Charlotte Scheurlen with Karl and Eduard Scheurlen (brother or uncle), Dean Haab and wife (friends of the mother or uncle). Grandma), Friedrich Sonntag (Senior Bailiff in Pforzheim), Karl Scheurlen, Senior Public Prosecutor Eduard Scheurlen, Erich Kaufmann (Professor in Heilbronn), Prime Minister Hermann von Mittnacht as a student, Assessor of Senior Justice and Public Prosecutor, Imperial Chancellor Otto von Bismarck, Johanna von Bismarck, Ernst von Scheurlen and his siblings Marie, Fritz, Richard, Hermann and Otto as children, ambassador in London Konstantin Freiherr von Neurath with the wife of the Counsellor Prince von Bismarck née. Tengborn, Captain Krenzler in D e u t s c h - O s t a f r i k a, Bavarian Prime Minister von Dandl and Bavarian envoy in Berlin Graf Lerchenfeld, Vice Chancellor Friedrich von Payer, Württemberg envoy in Berlin Freiherr von Varnbüler and Württemberg Minister of Foreign Affairs Freiherr von Weizsäcker, Reich President Paul von Hindenburg and unidentified persons at the 1934 Reich Foundation Ceremony - the following motifs: Tomb of Karl Scheurlens and Karl Christian Friedrich Scheurlens (father and father, respectively). grandfather) in Stuttgart, tomb of Charlotte Scheurlen née Pfizer in Tübingen, tomb on the Stuttgart cemetery, various things from the sketchbooks I and II by Karl Scheurlen (mainly Motifs from history, student life and justice), drawing (by Karl Scheurlen?) to Uhlands poem "Siegfried's Sword", 3 sketches by Karl Scheurlen about a (not real) trip to America, pictures of a picture book by Karl Scheurlen for the Häcker family, folk festival in Bad Cannstatt 1871 to celebrate the silver wedding of King Karl and Queen Olga, tomb of the mother Katharine as well as the brothers and sisters Otto, Fritz und Marie Scheurlen, coloured title design by Karl Scheurlen for "Hänsel und Gretel", Christmas picture with angels and Christmas tree by Karl Scheurlen (design), armoured cruiser "Germany", naval school Flensburg, sculpture "Sportmädel", fire of the old castle in Stuttgart 1931 Contains also: Family tree of Hermann Karl Friedrich Freiherr von Mittnacht (unfinished) Photo of Bad Mergentheim, 1928 Menu card and seating plan of the banquet for the birthday of King Karl in the Ministry of the Interior, 1871 Menu card of the banquet for the birthday of King Wilhelm II. in the Ministry of the Interior, 1909 "Imbiß-Ordnung" (probably on the occasion of the festivities for the birthday of King Wilhelm II. 1909) postcard of Stendel to Ernst von Scheurlen from D e u t s c h - O s t a f r i k a, 1911 letter of Professor Dr. Max Schottelius to Ernst von Scheurlen concerning biological sewage treatment plants, 1912 congratulatory leaf of the Grenadier Regiment "Queen Olga" for the student fraternity Sueve-Borussia, 1912 newspaper article: "Der Berkheimer Hof bei Weilimdorf", o.D. "Dichtergräber auf den Stuttgarter Friedhöfen", o.D. "Freiherr von Mittnacht. On his 100th birthday, 17 March 1925", Schwäbischer Merkur of 14 March 1925 "Hoher Besuch beim Volksfest vor 70 Jahren", 1927 "Zum Stapellauf des Panzerschiffs 'Deutschland'", 1930

        Scheurlen, Karl von
        Foreign exhibitions
        PrAdK 0395 · File · 1868 - 1886
        Part of Archive of the Academy of Arts

        Table of Contents/Rubrum (pages 1-3). Invitations to participate in exhibitions, programs (prints). Prize Exhibition of Objects of Science...' in Zaragoza, 1868 (page 4). International Art Exhibitions in Munich 1869 (pp. 5-15), 1879 (pp. 101-113, 119f., 139), 1883 (pp. 250-258, 264-266, 306f.), Statute (pp. 177f., 251f.). International Art and Trade Exhibition in London 1871 (pp. 16-21), Regulativ für diese Ausstellung (pp. 19f.), exhibition in the Crystal Palace 1884 (pp. 328-330, 338).<br />Great three-year art exhibition in Gent 1871 (pp. 22, 32-36, 61f.), 1877 (pp. 78), 1880 (pp. 136f.). Art and Industry Exhibition in Trieste, Sept. to Oct. 1871 (pp. 24f.).<br />World Exhibition in Philadelphia 1876 (pp. 37-49, 65-75).<br />Art Exhibition in Brussels 1875 (pp. 50-54), 1878 (pp. 89-93).<br />Vienna Historical Art Exhibition 1876 (pp. 55, 58). General Art Exhibition in Madrid 1875 (pp. 56f.), 1877 (pp. 79-83, 150), 1881 (pp. 149, 151, 174f.), 201-205).<br />Art and crafts exhibition in Munich 1876 (pp. 58-60).<br />General Swiss Art Exhibition 1877 (pp. 63), 1878 (pp. 86), 1880 (pp. 131), 1881 (pp. 153).<br />Art exhibitions of the Königlich Sächsischen Akademie der bildenden Künste zu Dresden, 1877 (pp. 76), 1878 (pp. 94-97, letter by Julius Hübner pp. 94, catalogue pp. 96), 1879 (pp. 117f., 121), 1882 (pp. 233f.).<br />Art exhibition of the Kölnischer Kunstverein 1877 (pp. 84).<br />Permanent exhibition of the Zürcherische Künstlergesellschaft 1878/1879 (pp. 87). Exhibitions of the National Association of Fine Arts in Hungary 1878 (pp. 98f.). Art exhibition in Riga, 1879 (pp. 114-116). General exhibition of art, science and industry products for young people 1879 (page 123). Exhibition at the Milan Art Academy 1879 (pp. 125-130). International exhibition in Melbourne 1880 (pp. 132f.). Exhibition Siebenbürger Volkstrachten 1880 (pp. 134f.). IV. General German Art Exhibition 1880 (pp. 140, 155). Exhibition of paintings in Florence 1880 (pp. 143-147).<br />Commercial and Industrial Exhibition in Hall 1881 (pp. 154, 158).<br />Permanent Art Exhibition in Leipzig (pp. 157). General Construction Exhibition in Braunschweig 1881 (pp. 162-166).<br />Exhibitions of the Leipziger Kunstverein 1881 (pp. 167).<br />Art Exhibition in Lille (pp. 169f.).<br />International Art Exhibition in Vienna 1882 (pp. 171, 176, 174, 176-220, 225-228, 231, 40 and more).<br />International Art Exhibition in Vienna 1882 (pp. 171, 176, 174, 176-220, 225-228, 231, 40 and more)a. Efforts of the Main Board of the German Art Cooperative to Grant State Subsidies for a Representative Participation of German Artists, pp. 174, 181, 194-200, 231f.; Meetings of the Commission for the Vienna Art Exhibition, 5 Nov. 1881, pp. 207f., 22 Dec 1881 sheet 206). Report by Adolf Heyden on the trip to Vienna for the planned participation in the exhibition (pp. 210-215.). Ground plan and cross-section of the Künstlerhaus in Vienna, print (p. 216). Plan of the exhibition hall for the German Reich, ink [by Hand Heydens] (p. 217). Allgemeine Deutsche Patent- und Mustererschutz-Ausstellung in Frankfurt a.M. 1881 (pp. 172).<br />Exhibitions of the Ostdeutscher Kunstverein 1882 (pp. 221-223), 1886 (pp. 347). International Art Exhibition in Rome 1882/1883 (pp. 229, 244). Exhibitions of the Kunstverein für die Rheinlande und Westfalen 1882 (pp. 236), 1883 (pp. 299), 1884 (pp. 337). Exhibition of student works of the Königliche Kunstgewerbeschule Dresden (Bl. 237). Exhibition of paintings of old masters by J. H. Hassk in Hamburg, Apr. 1882 (Bl. 238f.). Art exhibition in Antwerp 1882 (pp. 241f.), 1885 (pp. 344-346). International Colonial and Export Exhibition, Art Department, Amsterdam 1883 (pp. 245-248, 309-313, 331-336). Electrical engineering exhibition in Munich (pp. 249, 267, 308, 314-316, 340-343 and others). Report on the use of the electrical s for art and teaching purposes, pp. 269-291. Exhibition of the Art Association for Bohemia in Prague 1883 (pp. 260-262), 1884 (pp. 325-327). Exhibition of the Association of German Drawing Teachers of student drawing works and teaching aids for drawing lessons 1884 (pp. 292-298).<br />International Special Exhibition of Graphic Arts in Vienna 1883 (pp. 300-305, Statute pp. 304). Grand Foreign Exhibition Boston 1883 (pp. 317-320). Eduard Almond Exhibition of the art dealer Amsler

        BArch, R 1001/3059 · File · Apr. - Nov. 1900
        Part of Federal Archives (Archivtektonik)

        Enthält u.a.: Replik auf das Memorandum der amerikanischen Regierung. 2. Ergänzung der Denkschrift vom 28. Okt. 1900. Berlin 1902 Convention and declaration between the United Kingddom and Germany for the settlement of the Samoan and other questions. Signed at London, november 14,1899. London 1900 Convention between the United Kingdom, Germany, and the United States of America for the adjustment of questions relating to Samoa. Signed at Washington, december 2, 1899. London 1900 Errichtung eines deutschen Gouvernements für die Samoa-Inseln Upolu und Savaii

        BArch, R 1001/3022 · File · Febr. - März 1889
        Part of Federal Archives (Archivtektonik)

        Enthält u.a.: Auffassung über die Samoa-Angelegenheit in Wirtschaftskreisen Nordamerikas und Australiens Message from the President of the United States. To affairs in the Samoan Islands. House of Representatives, 50th Congress, 2nd Session. Ex. Doc. Nr. 118, 30. Jan. 1889, Nr. 119, 1. Febr. 1889 und Nr. 120, 8. Febr. 1889 Message from the President of the United States, transmitting information relative to affairs in Samoa. Senate, 50th Congress, 2nd Session. Ex. Doc. 102 , 8. Febr. 1889 Correspondence respecting the affairs of Samoa 1885 - 1889. Command of Her Majesty. London 1889

        BArch, R 1001/3056 · File · Sept. - Nov. 1899
        Part of Federal Archives (Archivtektonik)

        Contains among other things: Proposals on the division of Samoa among the colonial powers Affairs of Samoa. Presented to both Houses of Parliament by Command of Her Majesty. London, Oct. 1899 Josefa Mataafa, The Cry of Mataafa for his People to the Three Great Powers. (Translation into English with comments by W. Cooper). Auckland, 1899

        BArch, R 1001/3057 · File · Nov. 1899 - Febr. 1900
        Part of Federal Archives (Archivtektonik)

        Enthält u.a.: Erwerbung Samoas als Kolonie Abkommen der Kolonialmächte über eine Aufteilung der Inselgruppen Convention and declaration between Great Britain and Germany of november 14, 1899, for the settlement of the Samoan and other questions. Presented both Houses of Parliament by Command of her Majesty. London 1899

        BArch, R 1001/3067 · File · Dez. 1911 - Okt. 1917
        Part of Federal Archives (Archivtektonik)

        Contains among other things: Death of chiefs Mataafa and Tamasese attacks of young Samoans on Europeans behavior of Samoans after outbreak of war O le Sulu Samsa. Printed aand published by the London missionary society. Vol. 14. N.S. Samoa, 1914 Scandal about the mixed marriages of the planter Michaeli

        Imperial Colonial Office